IGNORED

Lori Alexander's Headaches & Brain Tumor Return - MERGE

Want More Babies

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cousin came to the US for Proton Therapy for a brain tumour in her cerebral cortex(second time it appeared) she has other options but was given the best chance with it. She came from the UK and the treatment alone cost nearly .5 million(paid for out of publicly raised private funds) and now several years later she is still doing well(she will never be"cured" as it is impossible to destroy the tumous without killing her. Both her and her sister canceled weddings to help pay for the treatment. I would take the best option for survival not the closest for convenience...

And even now they are trying to raise money to bring a machine to the UK to provide treatments but it is kinda hard to raise 110 million for th emachine...

My cousin came to the US for Proton Therapy for a brain tumour in her cerebral cortex(second time it appeared) she has other options but was given the best chance with it. She came from the UK and the treatment alone cost nearly .5 million(paid for out of publicly raised private funds) and now several years later she is still doing well(she will never be"cured" as it is impossible to destroy the tumous without killing her. Both her and her sister canceled weddings to help pay for the treatment. I would take the best option for survival not the closest for convenience...

And even now they are trying to raise money to bring a machine to the UK to provide treatments but it is kinda hard to raise 110 million for th emachine...

There is a machine in the UK. Its at the Royal Halamshire Hospital. I've been offered this treatment myself for the overgrowth of blood vessels pressing on trigeminal nerve next to my brain stem. I have trigeminal neuralgia and I'm under the neurologist there. I also have a friend who has had proton therapy for a cerebral avm. Its a pretty amazing bit of tech, prior to this the only surgical treatment for my condition was open surgery, which is still done in some cases.

• 4 weeks later...

Lori posted this today.

Joyce Meyer said her husband never worries about anything. If she is anxious and worried about something and goes to him about it, he will always tell her to "Cast your cares..."

I love that. I start Cyber Knife treatment tomorrow. I am anxious about it so I keep casting my care. The treatments will be 45 to 50 minutes long. I will have to wear a tightly fitted mask covering my whole face that is bolted down to a table so I won't move at all.

Half of the people take a sedative to relax them. I can't take any drugs orally since my gut is so sensitive to drugs. I am going to have to depend upon the peace that passes understanding for this. I am scheduled for treatments Monday through Friday.

So instead of worrying about it like I was doing, every time I think about it I cast my care upon the Lord and it helps so much. He commands that we be anxious or worried about nothing. He wants to take our burden upon Himself and carry it for us. What peace this has brought me.

I am asking for prayers for perfect peace and protection for my pituitary and optic nerve. My radiologist said it took longer than normal to map out and figure treatment since the tumor bumps up against critical structures. This is why the treatments are longer than normal also.

I thank the Lord for Cyber Knife and doctors who know how to work this complicated thing. God can use any means to heal and it would be wonderful if He would use this to heal me forever of this tumor and keeps me from having to ever go on hormone replacement.

However, I know that He is in control, knows my future, and I can rest secure in that. Thank you for all your prayers and support. God's people have comforted me and have helped me get through this difficult time.

Ugh, that mask is a nightmare, responsible for my first ever panic attack, so I hope she finds peace, whatever the source. I can only wish her well. But Lori Alexander is still a monster though. And Ken is still a Class A asshat.

Query, if we truly believe she is a monster, why wish her well?

I am questioning myself over this, not anyone else. I despise and dislike Lori. She is vicious, aggressive and self-righteous, an enabler of spousal abuse, a proponent of sick child-rearing methods, a rabid homophobe who would deny many people I love a chance at a decent life. She is a coward to the core who spouts hatred and then won't stand up for herself without running for protection to Ken, and whimpering because people disagree with her. Worse she covers her vileness with a veneer of religion.

I do not actively hate her, a) because she's not worth the expense of emotion, and b) because there is no point - no amount of hate will change the monster she is, and no amount of love seems likely to either. (Also active hate in my book implies that you would actually like to destroy someone. Mild contempt and dislike are not adequate reasons for destroying a life, and in any case, she's not mine to make the ultimate jugement on, is she? When push comes to shove, she's not my responsibility, she's her creator's - if such an entity would be prepared to step up to the plate and say, yes, I created Lori Alexander.)

Do I wish her well when she is in extremis? If I do, I am saying that I would hold out a hand to save her, if she were falling off that hypothetical cliff, and I were able to save her. I am saying that she is worth saving. And if she is worth saving, can she be a monster?

Is it possible to hold the opinion 'She's a monster, but I wish her well'? I ask myself, if it came to that, and Lori were falling off the cliff would I make an effort to save her, or would I calmly watch as she fell over, and think that the world was well rid of a monster?

I wonder. What would I do? What would you do? Is she a monster, and therefore not worth saving, or is she worth saving, and therefore not a monster? Are even monsters worth saving?

Or would wishing her well when I dislike and despise her, be just a polite hypocrisy?

Can't she get an IV sedative if she can't take oral medication?

Yes, she could. Cyber knife treatments generally don't last very long. I've had a few ocular melanoma friends have it for brain mets, most do not take a sedative. With children they do sedate them.

As always Lori sets herself aside as a "speshul" snowflake. Having been present for many many interventional procedures - let me say: if the doctors need Lori to be sedated - then they - not God - will get her some IV sedation. I feel sorry for Lori - as I would for anyone with a tumour - but her diatribes and her asshat husband really really irritate me.

I wonder. What would I do? What would you do? Is she a monster, and therefore not worth saving, or is she worth saving, and therefore not a monster? Are even monsters worth saving?

Or would wishing her well when I dislike and despise her, be just a polite hypocrisy?

This is just my take: I don't wish here well, because to me that is equal to wishing someone joy and success. However, I do not wish suffering on her, and that is how I am able to simultaneously consider her a monster and still wish her treatment be a success. There is already too much suffering in the world, almost all of it to no purpose. Her suffering won't change her despicable hatred and aggression toward women, won't stop the flow of poison out of her soul, on to her page, and into the minds of impressionable young wives.

If the tumor was still there in August, why did it take until now to get her on the Cyber knife treatment? Did her headship ever, at any point, say, "Babe, We're getting on a plane and getting a second opinion at Sloan/Mayo/Farber/ Anderson"...Take your pick. According to my husband's doctors at Sloan "We never say 'its gone.' We say 'its stable' and hopefully it will remain stable for the next 50 years." When they find something has grown or spread, they set up treatment like, within 2 weeks. I wouldn't piss on Lori if she were on fire, but I also wouldn't sentence her to suffer needlessly. I hope this experience will leave her with some compassion.

Because to do otherwise would bring me down to her level and I'm not (at least I think I'm not) that kind of person. I also believe that what goes around comes around so I'm certainly not going to wish harm on her, especially since I've just been through something similar. As others do though, I'd like to think her experiences would make her more tolerant, understanding and compassionate towards others, but I don't hold out much hope as that hasn't been the case up til now.

After high doses of both valium and Xanax failed to calm me down for my cyberknife treatments (adrenaline took over) I asked about IV sedation and was told this wasn't an option for my procedure. This may vary from doctor to doctor so it might be an option for Lori. What got me through was a combination of having the techs talk to me, listening music, meditating and most of all, having the mask opened up just enough so that I didn't feel completely trapped. Your head really is totally immobilized by the mask--it's plastic mesh that's tightly molded to your face (I could barely blink) and then bolted down--and it's a horrible feeling.

Archived