IGNORED

Lori Alexander's Headaches & Brain Tumor Return - MERGE

Want More Babies

I am sorry she is going through this. But as others have said, I continue to be appalled by her relentless preaching of scorn and disdain for medicine and medical professionals, particularly in light of what sounds like the excellent care she receives.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sounds like a stress headache, which would hardly surprise me. You can't deny your feelings, push yourself past all reasonable limits and live with an emotionally abusive spouse without any consequences.

I had one of those, I mean a long term one after quitting the most horrible job in the world. I had a horrible, horrible, despicable human being for a boss, and right after quitting my job the stress I'd kept under the rug inside has creeped out and had taken over my body. I could literally NOT see a thing with my left eye for weeks. I had X-rays, all kinds of tests, they showed nothing. My doctor told me what I had suspected that it was due stress I'd endured and I had to sleep it out. I did. Fortunately I could, I was only 19, living at home. It was horrid.

The way she writes, she talks, she... exists, sorta, is horribly stressful. No wonder it's taking chunks out of her. :nenner: :penguin-no: "Get well soon" you hateful woman, you. I pity you, therefore I wish no harm unto you. You are pathetic and despicable. Your life itself is punishment enough for you. :music-tool:

If our roles were reversed she'd probably think I was being punished for something...

I often wonder as much as she spouts "God's punishment" of sin, why she doesn't believe that for herself??? Hypocrite much???

I'm sorry she's going through this again so soon. I wonder how much of what she expresses on her blog is a result of the tumor changing her personality. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

I'm sorry she's going through this again so soon. I wonder how much of what she expresses on her blog is a result of the tumor changing her personality. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

I also wonder if the tumor has changed Lori's personality, but I suspect that she always had that personality because she tends to agree with everything Ken says and believes. She is pretty dumb about many things and I have suspected the tumors are somewhat responsible for that. But there are other fundie bloggers who have posted similar things to Lori.

From what Lori has said on her blog, she used to be much, much nastier. When people visited, she fumed about the money and work that caused. It sounds like she was also a major bitch to Ken and the kids. And her parents. You know, I just can't find a shred of pity in me for Lori, and that's highly unusual for me. I think karma is a bitch, and Lori has a whole lot of karma coming her way.

• 2 weeks later...

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/08/tumor-treatment-update.html

We had our first of three consultations with Radiologist Oncologists. The first one was at USC since this was where I've had both of my brain surgeries. He wants to use the Cyber Knife on me. He said it will kill my pituitary since it shares the same room with my tumor and the treatment will probably harm my vision. I will need to go on hormone replacement therapy and get stronger glasses.

I will need another MRI, Cat Scan, and then five treatments of the Cyber Knife spaced out every other day. We still have an appointment in La Jolla and Loma Linda. Loma Linda uses Proton Therapy so we will wait until all three appointments to make a decision.

My prayer requests are for protection of my pituitary and optic nerve. He said there is an 80% chance that the tumor will not reoccur for ten to twenty years, maybe never. Please God, make it never! So this is where we are now. My neurosurgeon would like to see me have treatment within the month. The proximity of the tumor to the optic nerve is their greatest concern.

Thank you for all your prayers! God is very good.

God is very good - you are an asshole. A hateful, misogynistic, harmful asshole, you have no place in a healthy society. You should have been lobotomized after your first post.

I hope when the tumor is gone, your entire brain will be gone so that you can spend your day sitting around, picking daisies and smiling at people.

Shitstain Mary's gone, Lori's clock is ticking. Karma is a fucking bitch, if you are one!

I wondered if Cyber Knife would be an option for her. As I said upthread, I dislike her as a person and I find her views and teachings abhorrent and dangerous, but as someone who believes in karma and who will be starting her own Cyber Knife treatments next week (for an acoustic neuroma), I can only wish her well.

Maybe, just maybe, she'll come out of this with a different perspective. But I won't hold my breath.

I'll pray for her surgery, and I'll also pray that she has a revelation about the evil she's been spreading and repents. I'm not holding my breath, but I'll keep hoping :lol:

I wondered if Cyber Knife would be an option for her. As I said upthread, I dislike her as a person and I find her views and teachings abhorrent and dangerous, but as someone who believes in karma and who will be starting her own Cyber Knife treatments next week (for an acoustic neuroma), I can only wish her well.

Maybe, just maybe, she'll come out of this with a different perspective. But I won't hold my breath.

Many good thoughts for you Sparkles.

I agree that I can only wish her the best of health. I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Lori updated

Cyber Knife is the treatment we have chosen. Proton Therapy would take six weeks of treatment, five days a week, two hours away, and would kill my pituitary. Cyber Knife is five treatments, fifteen minutes away, and probably will kill the pituitary. This was an easy choice for us.

I will begin in a week or so. They will first take an MRI and Cat Scan, then overlay them to map out the tumor. I will lay on the contraption above. They will give my hundreds of beams of radiation targeting the tumor. Each individual beam can do no harm but where they all meet is where they are effective in controlling the tumor. It won't even shrink the tumor, just hopefully keep it from growing for many years.

There is an 80% success rate for ten years. It is close to my optic nerve and hugging my pituitary so I am asking for prayers to protect both. They are going to give lower doses of radiation at the top of the tumor to protect the optic nerve but hopefully stop the tumor.

My endocrinologist will take my blood to get a baseline of all my hormones and watch my levels after treatment. An opthamologist will give me an eye exam so she can watch how treatment will affect my vision.

So there you have it. Your prayers are very much appreciated. It is amazing what medicine can do today. God is a God of miracles so I am asking Him for a hedge of protection around my optic nerve and pituitary. He can do abundantly more than we can imagine!

An opthamologist will give me an eye exam so she can watch how treatment will affect my vision.

Her ophthalmologist apparently is a woman. I guess all that drivel she spouts about a woman's place being in the home goes out the window when it's her own vision at stake.

Her ophthalmologist apparently is a woman. I guess all that drivel she spouts about a woman's place being in the home goes out the window when it's her own vision at stake.

My guess is that Lori wasn't able to book a precious male ophthalmologist to check her vision.

As I wish her well, I can't help but wonder if Ken will still expect her forget about her post-radiation fatigue and be ready to minister to His Horniness should the moment strike. Because it's all about HIM, dontcha know.

I really do hope she has a positive outcome, even though I find her view abhorrent and dangerous.

I hope she recovers but the part of her brain that is just pure meanness is destroyed along with the tumor.

Lori posted something related to her brain tumors and I'm not sure what to think of this, it comes off as a bit weird.

She is 38 years old and has suffered debilitating migraine headaches her whole life. She was bagging my groceries at Trader Joe's and she told her friend that she now weighs 117 pounds. It has been years since she weighed so little. She looked fabulous.

I asked her how she lost her weight. She said she lives on smoothies with all sorts of good things in it: organic fruits, greens, protein powder, etc. She has also given up all alcohol. Then she told me about her history with migraines.

She tried all the drugs to try and help manage them. When she felt a migraine coming on, she would give herself a shot and lay down in a dark room. Since giving up all alcohol, gluten, and living on food the way God created, she has not had one migraine!

I have never had a migraine, headache YES, from my tumor and bad neck, but never a migraine. So I thought I would share this with any of you who suffer from migraines in hopes that this may help.

Lori posted something related to her brain tumors and I'm not sure what to think of this, it comes off as a bit weird.

Um, if she's living off smoothies and is down to 117 lbs that may not be so good. I can't say for sure if the weight is good without knowing her height. Eating well, lots of fruits and veggies, small portions of meat, whole grains, are definitely good for the body, but it just does not cure a disease a person already has. It won't cure cancer, for example, no matter how much you want it to do so.

Many migraines are triggered by food or food additives. My initial guess is that a large component of her problem was she was regularly consuming one or more migraine triggers and has now cut all of the triggers from her diet. Alcohol is a big migraine trigger for a lot of people.

She said she lives on smoothies with all sorts of good things in it: organic fruits, greens, protein powder, etc. She has also given up all alcohol. Then she told me about her history with migraines.

She tried all the drugs to try and help manage them. When she felt a migraine coming on, she would give herself a shot and lay down in a dark room. Since giving up all alcohol, gluten, and living on food the way God created, she has not had one migraine!

I didn't know there were blenders and cans of protein powder in the Garden of Eden! Cool!

Archived