IGNORED

Lori Alexander's Headaches & Brain Tumor Return - MERGE

Want More Babies

Posted from her FB account last night. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Always-L ... 45?fref=ts

OK friends ... Lori's in bed so time for an update from Ken.

The last 6-8 weeks Lori has had pretty much a constant headache. Ice was helping, but the last two weeks it appears to be moving around from top, to right temple to back of the head, but constant with no relief.

We are back in the thick of things it seems with her pain, just different. MRI is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. and your prayers are much coveted for my doll. Her ministry keeps growing and her faith and walk with Jesus are a strong as ever, but the pain shuts her down now... so please Lord send the relief for your faithful, selfless child.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers as we need nothing less a

nd nothing more :) ken

I wonder if they will find anything wrong. Lori has used physical ailments in the past to manipulate her family and I wonder if this is what is going on or the stress of being married to an emotionally abusive jackass has finally done her in.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds like a stress headache, which would hardly surprise me. You can't deny your feelings, push yourself past all reasonable limits and live with an emotionally abusive spouse without any consequences.

She's having an MRI... I guess modern medicine is OK for her just not anyone else.

Yes, shouldn't she just be be smearing black salve across her head or something?

Seriously, if her headaches are that bad, why does she spend so much time blogging? I suffer with migraine and I would not want to be staring at a screen if I was having an attack.

Yes, shouldn't she just be be smearing black salve across her head or something?

Seriously, if her headaches are that bad, why does she spend so much time blogging? I suffer with migraine and I would not want to be staring at a screen if I was having an attack.

Kind of makes me wonder if Ken is the one really blogging -- and not just his "guest" blogs either.

I don't think she's right. I know she's one of the favorite snark-targets here, but she just doesn't seem to be playing with a full deck to me.

Of course, all the fundies we snark on post and do crazy things (or we wouldn't be snarking on them) but I don't know. Something seems off about her IMO.

Her ministry keeps growing and her faith and walk with Jesus are a strong as ever

Oh yeah Lori really has a ministry :roll:

Lori frequently talks about the value of pain- of course she's always referring to someone else's pain (like the children she advocates taking a leather "strap" to). This is very out of character for me, but I feel no sympathy for her. I have heard her talk about the "beauty" of a woman staying with an abusive husband and I've seen her practically rub her hands together in glee over her son shoving bite after bite of food into little Emma's mouth to show her she wasn't "boss". I hope nothing is seriously wrong with her (I wouldn't wish that on anyone), but I also won't be losing sleep because she has a headache. She's constantly egging other idiots on with ridiculous miracle remedies, so let her find one of those for herself (of course she won't, she's heading straight for the doctor like any sane person would do)

I don’t doubt her pain is real. I do feel that at times, it is an outward manifestation of her unhappiness with her life. I think partly she enjoys the attention she gets from Ken. He’s calling her his doll, praising her ministry, asking for prayers. It must make a nice change for her. I wonder how long she gets before he reverts to type and tells her to get up and get on with her usual doormat/subservient role.

Slightly OT: Last week, I had the UTI from Hell, and, as I lay on the couch doing Lamaze breathing and waiting for my meds to kick in, I had my Macbook on my stomach and was Facebooking away to take my mind off the agony.

I hope Lori has nothing seriously wrong, but I still think she's a twunt.

And what's with Ken "coveting" our prayers? Doug The Tool used the same expression recently. Is this some kind of fundie fancy-talk? I thought "coveting" was a BAD thing!

That's so f'ed up. NO ONE should be abused. A woman (& her kids) shouldn't stay with a dick of a spouse or bf for any reason/religion: Doesn't surprise me though cuz most of the fundie ladies spout off the same drivel. Women & children are always the ones to suffer in religion. The guilt/shame/judgements/fear is what keeps them where they are. The men know it & they play up on it. They isolate them & play their brainwashing mind games.

I have heard her talk about the "beauty" of a woman staying with an abusive husband and I've seen her practically rub her hands together in glee over her son shoving bite after bite of food into little Emma's mouth to show her she wasn't "boss".

This is a switch. Normally, Lori doesn't GET headaches, she GIVES them.

Word. When I read her I get a migraine. Wonder why?..... :angry-banghead: Oh, yeah, that's why.

So. If her inability to comprehend Bible quotes, and not know the difference between a troll and constructive disagreement is due to migraines/brain damage/chemo; how do we explain the other fundies who can't tell the difference? e.g. Patrice

This. I've been to the ER and urgent care more times than I want to admit for my migraines. (Did you know that they can mimic a stroke?). Modern medicine has gotten them under control, and I am so thankful for it. I feel for my ancestors who didn't have modern medicine for their 'sick headaches.' (Our family line of migraines is unusual that both sexes are affected.)

I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a diagnosis of fibromyalgia at some point. The pain is very real - but the cause is generally severe stress. A good friend of mine got it after losing 3 family members to cancer.

Living with a man like Ken would certainly be stressful. Lori may have also noticed that her treats her better when she's not well.

Didnt she have a brain tumor at some point? Im glad shes seeing a doctor over this.

I imagine its stressful living with Ken, so her headaches might be because of stress.

She had a previous brain tumor and she suffered with headaches for 6 to 8 WEEKS without trying out find out why? The mind, it boggles. I don't wish ill on anyone (okay, I lie--there's a very short list and Michael Pearl is número uno) but how can a brain tumor survivor be so lackadaisical about her own health, especially given the symptoms?

She had a previous brain tumor and she suffered with headaches for 6 to 8 WEEKS without trying out find out why? The mind, it boggles. I don't wish ill on anyone (okay, I lie--there's a very short list and Michael Pearl is número uno) but how can a brain tumor survivor be so lackadaisical about her own health, especially given the symptoms?

I was wondering the exact same thing. With a history of a problem, you don't let that suff go. That is just crazy to me.

Wow. No snark here. Whatever I think of Lori and Ken, that's a terribly hard thing for their whole family.

Archived