IGNORED

Mary M blogged.

Justme

The Maxwells seem very quiet at the moment, no comments on the blog published even though its been up 3 or 4 days. I wonder if something is going on?

Poor Sarah Stevie wrote:

BTW: we found out that our comment feature has been broken for the past six days. Sorry. We’re fixing it

Hi Stevie!!1!! :music-tool:

Mary said, “Let’s rearrange the living room!â€

Shit, a decisive Maxwelll woman! I thought all decisions had to come from Stevie, or you pray to God to put onto Stevies heart a request i.e. Pizzagate. Plus they have a Barbecue, which is making an idol out of cooking.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kind of went ? when I saw Mary and her mom cleaning behind the furnitures. Is that a common part of cleaning?

Probably yes, to the Maxwells. Teri has said before that she makes the kids all do way more cleaning chores than are really necessary and spend a lot longer on them than they need (eight hours every month polishing the kitchen cabinets, for example) for no reason other than to keep them busy so they don't have time to think Steve-unapproved thoughts. Standard cult tactic.

I kind of went ? when I saw Mary and her mom cleaning behind the furnitures. Is that a common part of cleaning? I know there is dust and cobwebs in nooks and crannies but I never thought it necessary to clean them as part of some regular regimen. The Maxwells are either super-neat freaks or they really have too much time on their hands. Or maybe I'm not much of a housewife. I do dust and wipe but usually only to places I can reach without moving anything and usually only if I think people can see the dust. Perhaps it's time I employ a maid service.......

Actually, yes, it is common to occasionally clean behind stuff. :oops: No offense intended, but maybe you should hire a cleaning service! :whistle:

BTW: we found out that our comment feature has been broken for the past six days. Sorry. We’re fixing it.

Looks like someone needs to take a refresher course at the 1TonRamp.

We received a sweet package from a friend in the mail.

I think I'm going to send Sarah a sweet package. It is going to have a thesaurus in it.

This weekend was burrito-making time! To learn more about how we do it, see this old blog post.

How many times have they put burrito making in a blog post?

Actually, yes, it is common to occasionally clean behind stuff. :oops: No offense intended, but maybe you should hire a cleaning service! :whistle:

Really? I never do, but I will most certainly not being awarded for 'best housewife of the year' any year for that matter and I am damn proud of it!

Ew, that puffy furniture. All lined up along the walls. My parents had two easy chairs like that...twenty years ago.

Also, in case anyone forgets...

J E S U S

I do like a thorough spring cleaning (which usually translates into getting about 75% it done), but as there's still snow up to my knees here, it's not spring yet. I can be lazy for another few weeks.

The ad at the top of the page just now? $1700 vasectomy reversals. :lol:

S T E V U S

I'd like to send Teri a sweet package....with a 6-pack of Pepsi, a bottle of Lexapro, and a vibra...I mean, back massager. :D

Ew, that puffy furniture. All lined up along the walls. My parents had two easy chairs like that...twenty years ago.

The furniture looks fine to me. I'm for comfortable couches and chairs, doesn't matter what they look like. Well, I wouldn't want big floral prints from the 70's but otherwise puffy is fine.

Probably yes, to the Maxwells. Teri has said before that she makes the kids all do way more cleaning chores than are really necessary and spend a lot longer on them than they need (eight hours every month polishing the kitchen cabinets, for example) for no reason other than to keep them busy so they don't have time to think Steve-unapproved thoughts. Standard cult tactic.

Where did she say this? Was it in one of the old Corners?

Really? I never do, but I will most certainly not being awarded for 'best housewife of the year' any year for that matter and I am damn proud of it!

Once you look behind something, you will have to clean it!

And hiring a cleaning service is good for the economy and saves you loads of time ;)

On a different note, do you think those scrawny portions are real or just modest composition shots they think look good in the blog? I would hate to think that is all they get to eat.

On a different note, do you think those scrawny portions are real or just modest composition shots they think look good in the blog? I would hate to think that is all they get to eat.

I think they are real. Stevus controls every aspect of their lives, I suspect food is no different. Stevus after all only allowed the family 2 animal crackers apiece to celebrate his birthday.

One thing I've noticed, is in a lot of the shots where they show all the family together at the table having a meal, all the food is placed right in front of Stevus rather then be spread throughout the table. I bet he serves everyone their meal.

I think they are real. Stevus controls every aspect of their lives, I suspect food is no different. Stevus after all only allowed the family 2 animal crackers apiece to celebrate his birthday.

One thing I've noticed, is in a lot of the shots where they show all the family together at the table having a meal, all the food is placed right in front of Stevus rather then be spread throughout the table. I bet he serves everyone their meal.

Oh no. I will have to go back and look at those table shots. I was hoping.....

Just took at peek at the Maxhell blog. I have some observations and comments: I always wear an apron when I clean (which is a big fat lie), there is too much furniture in that living room, the big "JESUS" letters on the wall are obnoxious, the special package needed more than an apron (like a battery operated boyfriend....), and the Maxhell family takes too many pictures of things normal people do every day and try to pass them off as exciting. It's a one way ticket to snoozeville.

Judging from what I read in Sarah's Moody books, I'd say that is all they get to eat. The books include many anecdotes where the family is preparing food or sitting down for a meal, and each time I would wonder how those kids would grow and thrive on such measly portions. The kids in the books are younger than the Maxwells; they range in age from infant twins to a boy of about 12 or 13. There's no way a tween can get by on one Pillsbury biscuit for breakfast! If the Moodys' eating habits are the same as the Maxwells', it's a wonder those "kids" grew to a normal adult height and aren't sick all the time.

Judging from what I read in Sarah's Moody books, I'd say that is all they get to eat. The books include many anecdotes where the family is preparing food or sitting down for a meal, and each time I would wonder how those kids would grow and thrive on such measly portions. The kids in the books are younger than the Maxwells; they range in age from infant twins to a boy of about 12 or 13. There's no way a tween can get by on one Pillsbury biscuit for breakfast! If the Moodys' eating habits are the same as the Maxwells', it's a wonder those "kids" grew to a normal adult height and aren't sick all the time.

I guess if they never leave the house they don't really get exposed to germs and viruses?

How sad, that rearranging furniture serves as major news. And rearranged or no, that living room screams Barcalounger Central. The reign of Stevus Lordicus doth continue...

How sad, that rearranging furniture serves as major news. And rearranged or no, that living room screams Barcalounger Central. The reign of Stevus Lordicus doth continue...

All hail Stevus, King of the Maxhells and Lord of Baraclounger Central. :music-rockon:

Stevehovah loves to keep 'em hungry.

We pull the couch, etc., away from the wall to clean behind it once a year or so---I think even Cheryl Mendelsohn ( author of best selling US book about house cleaning which is quite ambitious) says to do it only every three months. I am sure Stevehovah demands more from his helpmeet and handmaidens.

Moving furniture like that to clean under? Maybe once a year if it's on carpeting. But I made sure I bought a vacuum that goes under everything except the sofa. On hardwood, I do move everytime I clean. It's a personal frailty, I know, but one that was passed show on my mother's side.

The flooring in the Maxhell's living room is ceramic tile and the rug you see is just a huge area rug, so you can imagine they get dust bunnies that go to the edges behind the furniture. I get dust bunnies every two weeks on my hardwoods (I have non-shedding dogs, which is a bit of a misnomer). And dust gathers on the tops of the baseboards which is good to clean periodically (and it's gross!). Maybe moving the puffy furniture around was their just reward for finding a lot of dust.

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird they seem to have only one small table in that room? Everything else is the puffy couches/chairs. They need a big round coffee table or something. It just feels so un-cozy.

All hail Stevus, King of the Maxhells and Lord of Baraclounger Central. :music-rockon:

And I give you "The Ten Commandments of Stevus, King of the Maxhells and Lord of Baraclounger Central"

1. I am thy AUTHORITEH, thy headship, thou shalt have no other Authority but me.

2. Thou shalt not make an idol out of carbonated beverages, musical instrument, or anything beside me.

3. Thou shalt not speak ill of thy authority. If thy forgets to order thou pizza, too bad, leftover bean burritos for dinner.

4. Thou shalt always know where thy will go when thy die and liveth thy life to prepareth for thy death.

5. Remember, the sabbath day, doth everyday and Bible Study starts promptly in the living room at 7PM sharpeth.

6. Honor thy father the headship. Mother, honor thy headship as well.

7. Thou shalt not kill thy hours of thy day doing anything fun.

8. Thou shalt not have fellowship or self-fellowship outside of thy marriage bed.

9. Thou shalt not interact with thine neighbors, relatives, general society or anyone outside of my domain.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy siblings courtship, even if thy brother is a decade younger than thee.

And I give you "The Ten Commandments of Stevus, King of the Maxhells and Lord of Baraclounger Central"

1. I am the Authority, thy headship, you shalt have no other Authority but me.

2. Thou shalt not make an idol out of carbonated beverages, musical instrument, or anything beside me.

3. Thou shalt not speak ill of thy authority. If thy forgets to order thou pizza, too bad, leftover bean burritos for dinner.

4. Thou shalt always know where thy will go when thy die and liveth thy life to prepareth for thy death.

5. Remember, the sabbath day, doth everyday and Bible Study starts promptly in the living room at 7PM sharpeth.

6. Honor thy father the headship. Mother, honor thy headship as well.

7. Thou shalt not kill thy hours of thy day doing anything fun.

8. Thou shalt not have fellowship or self-fellowship outside of thy marriage bed.

9. Thou shalt not interact with thine neighbors, relatives, general society or anyone outside of my domain.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy siblings courtship, even if thy brother is a decade younger than thee.

Mild correction on #1. Stevus is the AUTHORITEH. Sorry, it simply doesn't sound as funny without the South Parkness. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mild correction on #1. Stevus is the AUTHORITEH. Sorry, it simply doesn't sound as funny without the South Parkness. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And so it was written, and it was good.

Archived