IGNORED

Mary M blogged.

Justme

She's still a kid, so I want to be nice to her. Her Grammar teacher, on the other hand, did a very poor job. :naughty: I see the Maxwells eat ham. There is a picture of a pretty large ham for their Easter dinner. Also, Chris washed all the dishes after dinner. Wow! :pink-shock: Poor little Joshie, he's not even one and they put him in a tie.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sad because it's always best to bake with a sister, and my parents only saw to it that I had a brother. Now I'll never know.

She's still a kid, so I want to be nice to her. Her Grammar teacher, on the other hand, did a very poor job. :naughty: I see the Maxwells eat ham. There is a picture of a pretty large ham for their Easter dinner. Also, Chris washed all the dishes after dinner. Wow! :pink-shock: Poor little Joshie, he's not even one and they put him in a tie.

I cringed when I saw that tie.

What is that layered salad about?

I'm giving them a big pass on the tie. I can't tell you how many baby pix I've seen where even the teensiest boys are wearing their first Mr. Man outfit. And not one of the families in question was even close to fundie. It's kind if cute, IMO. I think it's only because of the bigger picture that anyone would make a case out of it for a male Maxwell child.

Mary writes like all of the Maxwells do. Since she's been educated in a vacuum I'd expect nothing different.

I feel sad because it's always best to bake with a sister, and my parents only saw to it that I had a brother. Now I'll never know.

Same here! I must be super sad because I feel that it's best to bake alone, so that nobody gets in my way! :twisted:

Steve Maxwell is a tool and it pains me greatly to see I have something in common with his group. However, when my nephew was little I too would dress him up in little suits - I found it unbearably cute. I also bought him a "biker" outfit (complete with leather jacket, !eleventy!) and multiple superhero outfits (capes, belts, swords all included) - again because I thought it was cute. Sometimes I would also wear a matching super hero outfit and I would face paint his face with the appropriate decoration (old timey mustache when he had a suit on). On the anti Steve side: I would indulge my nephew in any sort of fun food/treat his heart desired because I am the aunt and at the end of the day I could just return him to his mom. *leads herself into the corner of shame*

I'm giving them a big pass on the tie. I can't tell you how many baby pix I've seen where even the teensiest boys are wearing their first Mr. Man outfit. And not one of the families in question was even close to fundie. It's kind if cute, IMO. I think it's only because of the bigger picture that anyone would make a case out of it for a male Maxwell child.

Mary writes like all of the Maxwells do. Since she's been educated in a vacuum I'd expect nothing different.

Meh, everyone has different tastes, and that's fine. Fundie or not fundie, I hate seeing mini-adult clothing on small children. Always have. Always makes me wince.

Freejinger confession time - I bought my son a cute little suit (complete with tie & vest) for Easter. The rational was that if I'd had a little girl, I would have gone all out buying her a cute frilly Easter dress, so why not do the equivalent for a little boy. (And let me tell you, it's hard finding a little boy's suit that's in light "Easter" colors - even if the shirt was bright blue or yellow, the pants & vests were still usually black.) However, he ended up not wearing the clip-on tie because his neck was just too chubby to button that top button. His wrists were also too chubby to button the shirt cuffs. But damn, did he still look adorable, especially in the pageboy hat we bought him to wear, too.

Freejinger confession time - I bought my son a cute little suit (complete with tie & vest) for Easter. The rational was that if I'd had a little girl, I would have gone all out buying her a cute frilly Easter dress, so why not do the equivalent for a little boy. (And let me tell you, it's hard finding a little boy's suit that's in light "Easter" colors - even if the shirt was bright blue or yellow, the pants & vests were still usually black.) However, he ended up not wearing the clip-on tie because his neck was just too chubby to button that top button. His wrists were also too chubby to button the shirt cuffs. But damn, did he still look adorable, especially in the pageboy hat we bought him to wear, too.

When my boys were small, I used to dress them in things like this for holidays:

http://www.thisandthatforkids.com/hand- ... 4Aodb2EANg

https://www.vivelafete.com/newborn/newb ... all-4.html

Or e.g. for Christmas:

http://www.jollyrompers.com/closeup.asp ... 7&offset=0

It was just as much fun picking out and dressing them in these things as it would have been picking out frilly things for a girl.

This whole, what some would call "Resurrection Sunday" is really starting to f@ck me off. It's EASTER SUNDAY!!1! I'd never heard of it being called that until I joined here and started snarking at fundies.

Notice a few photos of food in greater quantities, (Hi Stevie!) though I never get why people photograph food. And with all their mod cons, why no dish washer?

A young missionary couple were staying with Christopher and Anna Marie for the weekend.
:roll: Why not just write that Chris and Anna had some friends to stay? It seems the "young man" preached about planting his seed and getting watered on. Another golden shower Davey? :gay-umbrella:

This whole, what some would call "Resurrection Sunday" is really starting to f@ck me off. It's EASTER SUNDAY!!1! I'd never heard of it being called that until I joined here and started snarking at fundies.

Notice a few photos of food in greater quantities, (Hi Stevie!) though I never get why people photograph food. And with all their mod cons, why no dish washer?

:roll: Why not just write that Chris and Anna had some friends to stay? It seems the "young man" preached about planting his seed and getting watered on. Another golden shower Davey? :gay-umbrella:

But then Christopher wouldn't have been able to use his servant's heart and washed them.

Love the golden shower reference!

Meh, everyone has different tastes, and that's fine. Fundie or not fundie, I hate seeing mini-adult clothing on small children. Always have. Always makes me wince.

Totally cool as long as it's an equal opportunity dislike. A lot of times, people on one side of an issue or ideology tend to nitpick every. little. thing. on the other side, taking things out of context, looking for nefarious intent in the most mundane details and ignoring the fact that the things they're snarking on in others are things they do themselves. (Like the TWOPers who called out J'Uterus for using the word "poop" in reference to her kids' bowel movements. Because everyone else says things like "Oh dear, I believe little Puffington Wellington III defecated in his diaper again." :roll: )

For the record, I've always hated overtly "kid" type clothes with cutesy characters, floofy colors and matchy-matchy syndrome. The Sparklette was a 90s kid so I dressed her in flannel, jeans and hi-top Cons for the most part (she looked like pint-sized Kurt Cobain). So in a sense, I guess I did dress her like an adult.

Or e.g. for Christmas:

It was just as much fun picking out and dressing them in these things as it would have been picking out frilly things for a girl.

I love those Easter rompers and wanted to get something like that for him, but since Easter was so early this year and given where we live, I knew they wouldn't be weather appropriate. I could NOT find a cute "Eastery" set that wasn't shorts - my Google-fu wasn't strong enough :(

This is why Sarah doesn't get married so she can always have someone to bake with! How could she be a good wife without baking? And you know Steve wouldn't let Anna and Mary visit her in another man's house!See, she just doesn't want to be a bad wife!

Totally cool as long as it's an equal opportunity dislike. A lot of times, people on one side of an issue or ideology tend to nitpick every. little. thing. on the other side, taking things out of context, looking for nefarious intent in the most mundane details and ignoring the fact that the things they're snarking on in others are things they do themselves. (Like the TWOPers who called out J'Uterus for using the word "poop" in reference to her kids' bowel movements. Because everyone else says things like "Oh dear, I believe little Puffington Wellington III defecated in his diaper again." :roll: )

For the record, I've always hated overtly "kid" type clothes with cutesy characters, floofy colors and matchy-matchy syndrome. The Sparklette was a 90s kid so I dressed her in flannel, jeans and hi-top Cons for the most part (she looked like pint-sized Kurt Cobain). So in a sense, I guess I did dress her like an adult.

I don't like babies in mini-adult clothing because it just looks uncomfortable for such delicate skin - baby jeans in particular. I like babies to be in onesies or rompers and cardigans for most of their first year. Mini suits can be cute on toddlers though. I am not keen on the clothes you describe either though, particularly gender-segregated colours.

A young missionary couple were staying with Christopher and Anna Marie for the weekend.

Oh, ow, my sides hurt! :lol: Thank you!

edited to fix quote

Or e.g. for Christmas:

Me too! I have a one year old and have as much fun dressing him up as I would a little girl. I have a smocking and applique addiction!

What is that layered salad about?

I make a seven layer salad for holidays and potlucks. It is lettuce, onion, bell pepper, frozen peas, dressing, cheese and bacon, all layered in a dish. I assumed they were making something similar?

I'm divided on NR Anna's hair bun -- part of me thinks, "That's cool, I woner if Christopher styles it?" and the other part thinks, "Hm, looks like a blonde loaf of monkey bread."

johnhugh, it's JMO but if Christians want to call the premier festival day of their faith Resurrection Sunday, why should we be bothered?

Mary's comment about being alone in the kitchen as an unpleasant thing confuses me. Wouldn't a person enjoy some alone time, especially when one is around the same 10 people pretty much 24/7? And it's not as if their kitchen is in some windowless building out away from the main house. MaxhellHouse seems to have a fairly open floor plan. Maybe agoraphobia lurks along with depression. I hope not, but maybe.

I winced to hear the nice review of the travelin' pastor's sermon. "Be more, grow more, become a GOOD person!" Did he ever mention that when we fail at being good, God still loves us due to the gift that Jesus gave? I'm betting not. Keep those elderly on their arthritic toes, boy-o. Keep that bar high, even as they finish up their earthly days in a home that's not their own.

Sadz.

(Ohandalso: The crepes looked burned, and egads, what is that, like the equivalent of one-half an egg, scrambled, on the plate? .... Guess that's why they're not Weight Watchers and I am. :shrug:

I make a seven layer salad for holidays and potlucks. It is lettuce, onion, bell pepper, frozen peas, dressing, cheese and bacon, all layered in a dish. I assumed they were making something similar?

Never tried that myself. What kind of dressing?

Everything about the Maxwell compound seems cultlike to me, including the anxiety about being alone in a room. Also the not enough food---that resonates so hard with the testimonies of people who have been deprogrammed.

I don't like babies in mini-adult clothing because it just looks uncomfortable for such delicate skin - baby jeans in particular. I like babies to be in onesies or rompers and cardigans for most of their first year. Mini suits can be cute on toddlers though. I am not keen on the clothes you describe either though, particularly gender-segregated colours.

Babies have a way of letting you know if they are uncomfortable, too hot, too cold, too constricted by clothing. They really let you know :lol: They also don't give a shit if they are wearing pink and purple polka dots or camouflage khakis.

I swore I would never put pink on a girl or blue on a boy, but quite frankly by the time I had my child these gender-segregation issues ceased to matter as she did not care. Only the adults do. I had a hatred of cardigans, especially knitted, no idea why. But I put them on my child because so many people took the time to make them and thought about her and I would hate to think they thought I did not appreciate that. I always made sure child was wearing said item when they visited.

I don't get the designer clothes and dressing up baby is a waste or babies 'should' only wear some prescribed baby wardrobe. Obviously to each their own taste but as long as wee baby is happy, comfortable and loved, nothing wrong with a bit of dress up. I had some adorable cashmere ludicrously expensive gifts that I did not buy. Would not buy, but were gorgeous, cosy and warm.

With you on jeans though, not a fan. But mine crawled at 7mths, so I became a fan :lol:

That ham looks really good. Like a really good baked ham.

But I am confused. Did they serve that with a salad and the potato casserole? Were the crepes and chocolate and scrambled egg for breakfast or the same meal? What a really weird meal combination.

Although, is anybody familiar with the potato casserole? Is that grated potato? What else goes in it apart from the horrible orange (personal hate) cheese. I liked the look of that!!

Archived