IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*tummy rumbles*

My mom is visiting, and we're going to make "Ultimate Winter Couscous"-- a root vegetable-centered dish that has Moroccan flavors in it (dried apricots! preserved lemon! saffron!).

*tummy rumbles*

My mom is visiting, and we're going to make "Ultimate Winter Couscous"-- a root vegetable-centered dish that has Moroccan flavors in it (dried apricots! preserved lemon! saffron!).

That sounds awesome so I had to google. Ottolenghi! Definitely on the menu for this weekend.

That sounds awesome so I had to google. Ottolenghi! Definitely on the menu for this weekend.

^ Hooray! He does good work.

Tonight we are going to a deli for dinner, as they serve chocolate phosphates, which Mom loves beyond measure. I suspect I'll be having eggplant schnitzel.

^ Hooray! He does good work.

Tonight we are going to a deli for dinner, as they serve chocolate phosphates, which Mom loves beyond measure. I suspect I'll be having eggplant schnitzel.

Ultimate winter couscous... Oh my

Had Sunday dinner at my aunt's. Starter was navy bean soup, then fried squid and potato croquette, both with lots of lemon. Fish roe spread and fresh bread was rounded out with shredded cabbage and carrot salad with olive oil/lemon juice dressing.

We peeled and passed around grapefruit sections for dessert.

Had Sunday dinner at my aunt's. Starter was navy bean soup, then fried squid and potato croquette, both with lots of lemon. Fish roe spread and fresh bread was rounded out with shredded cabbage and carrot salad with olive oil/lemon juice dressing.

We peeled and passed around grapefruit sections for dessert.

Your meal descriptions are always so luscious. This makes me feel bad for feeding my kids leftover birthday malteser cake for brunch.

Mmm, maltesers.

We went out for pizza tonight and also split a lovely avocado, citrus, and fennel salad. My mother doesn't care for fennel or avocado and liked it nonetheless. I am confused but pleased.

For dessert, I just finished baking a batch of chocolate spice cookies.

I love reading about everyone's dinner plans. Very inspirational.

Last night was carnitas and arepas with spicy cabbage slaw. Plus fresh baked onion rolls for future lunches. I was in non-stop baking and cooking mode this weekend. I also made tri-color cookies for a friend and cinnamon rolls. And bacon, maple cheddar waffles for brekkies.

I am trying a new recipe for vegan hot and sour soup in the crockpot for dinner tonight. I will report back after it's done! I'm a little dubious because there wasn't much liquid going into the pot to start with, but maybe the tofu that also went in will add to the liquid as it cooks?

Omelets filled with sikil pak, goat cheese, chopped radish, chopped onion tossed in lime juice.

I love sikil pak-- it's like a pesto made of pumpkin seeds, tomato, cilantro, and chiles, and it plays beautifully with eggs.

Having a Korean food binge for about a week now, so tonight it was assorted banchans (squid, spinach, mushrooms, aubergines, bean sprouts, seaweed, kimchi and tofu) and rice. Plus ginger chicken soup. Saves me from cooking every day, and we definitely get our 5 a day. :)

Last night it was homemade beef pot pie with tons of mixed veggies in it. However, samurai sarah's Korean food descriptions has now made me crave boolgogi for dinner tonight. May have to go find some beef short ribs...

Tonight will be chicken tenderloins smothered in bbq sauce, bacon, onions, and cheese, scalloped tomatoes, sauteed green beans and rice.

ETA: I also made gluten free cupcakes for dessert. I had a productive day today :lol:

For the last night of my mom's visit, we're going out for German food (at a place that has multiple vegetarian options, oddly enough-- this is not my grandfather's Germany).

Penne with onion, garlic, bell pepper, and chickpeas, dressed with walnut oil and leftover herby olive marinade.

I do not like walnut flavor, but I'm making an effort to get more omega 3 fatty acids, and the oil is a pretty good source of them. I've gotten to the point where I am fine with it as long as there are other big flavors to counter it.

We went out for dinner at a new casual seafood place. They fly in their shellfish from Maine or the Gulf every other day, which is something I'm not used to here in the South.

Anyway, I had a lobster roll and coleslaw, accompanied by a Maine microbrewed root beer. It was all very tasty!

Archived