IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leftovers for dinner but I did make a new batch of pizza dough for freezing, a batch of slow rise bread dough to keep in the fridge, morning glory oatmeal for breakfasts this week, and a batch of raw/vegan energy bars. I'm also closing in on being able to use my new sourdough starter. I'm finally over mourning the post-Sandy loss of the one I lovingly tended for two years. We had quite the thing going, we did, but I'm moving on. :mrgreen:

Last night, buttermilk rasam with rice.

Tonight, chickpea soup with sorrel and radish greens; a Burmese-inspired shredded carrot salad with lots of bright flavors and crunchy bits; rice.

Truffled potatoes and goat cheese flatbread pizza

I bought way too much kale for making kale chips so a big batch of kale and chickpea stew with cornbread and salad.

It wasn't a hugely inspiring dinner tonight. I made a salad, but didn't have very much salad dressing left (and didn't feel like making my own tonight). Luckily, MrDrPusey brought home leftover pizza from a student event.

Mystery meat, potatoes and creamed spinach. My partner felt inspired to buy chicken dinosaurs... :lol:

What with Ash Wednesday service falling at an awkward time last night, I didn't have proper dinner. (I ate a savory snack bar on the way there-- it tasted like curried nuts and cauliflower. Not bad; I prefer them to the cookie-tasting ones.)

Tonight we're having roasted garlic ravioli with steamed fennel and roasted asparagus. The asparagus is just for me, as The Partner is convinced it is poisonous:

Preheat the oven to 500 F. Rinse one bunch asparagus and snap off the woody bits. Place in a baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over top, then shake the pan to coat the spears well. Roast 10-12 minutes, turning the pan midway through. Take out, lightly salt if you like, and squeeze a lemon wedge over top. If you do not eat the whole bunch in one sitting, it is nice on toast with some mustardy vinaigrette and a poached egg for breakfast.

*happy sigh*

Finally getting around to making the vegetable stew that's been on my list for a while, as it is supposed to rain tonight.

Potatoes, peas (frozen) and carrots (fresh) cooked in A LOT of olive oil and a little water. Finish with fresh chopped mint. Baguette to mop up the sauce the oil, water, and veggies make.

I had all sorts of leftovers so I threw together a salad with quinoa, chickpeas, black beans, sweet potato, chopped veg, feta and a vinaigrette. BIG salad. Now I have leftovers of my leftovers. I also made a citrus buttermilk loaf cake that was very light and refreshing. A keeper.

Big chickpea pancake with red pepper and green onions, topped with avocado, sun dried tomato hemp seed pesto, red pepper hummus and an heirloom cherry tomato salad.

I cobbled together some supper from odds and ends and leftovers. I had some black beans and corn left over from yesterday, a few Trader Joe's arugula ravioli off of MrDrPusey's plate, half a grapefruit, and some colby cheese.

And some Easter peanut M and Ms too, I'm afraid.

I seem to have gotten The Partner's cold, and swallowing food does not sound fun. Nonetheless, we have to eat. I'm making an approximation of penne arrabiata and a green salad.

Archived