IGNORED

GOMI on Lazy Lyndsie's friend Ashley Lancaster

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Going to Panera and Olive Garden (on the same day!) is not fasting. At least she doesn't make her kids follow this stupid "diet" (see: Gwynyth Paltrow).

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo, it seems she has discovered it ( her GOMI thread) and has spent literally several pages going back and answering/ commenting on every single thing that has been said of her. It is hilariously sad......you have three small children, there is no need to stay up til the wee hours of the morning defending yourself....sheesh

I'm surprised she didn't discover the GOMI thread sooner especially since her blog was hotlinked there. On the blog, she was once said that whenever her husband does 24 hour on calls at the hospital, she has her mother stay with her at night and on the GOMI thread she says she handles it alone. I'm thinking that she is trying to make it seem like she is less dependent on her family. Many of her blog postings and pics show that her side of the family is around a lot.

Well there goes my day. :lol: Off to read this. Maybe she really has never realized how childish, self-absorbed and silly she sounds in her blog? According to her blog she had a total crying meltdown over Disney World not going in the order she wanted it to go. And she responds to the snark on that with:

"I think there are times when we all just have a hard time adjusting and being flexible!"

Yes, but most of us learn to deal with things like a Disney world schedule change without throwing a little tantrum by the time we are eight. I would really expect my nine year old to be able to handle that situation better than she did.

I'm surprised our little friend hasn't told her about us yet.

ETA: I can only conclude that she has been extremely pampered and catered to her entire life because she really seems to think that her little meltdowns over things like Disney world not being experienced in the order she wanted and not being picked as an extra for a movie are completely normal and everyone does stuff like this.

That seersucker stuff she makes the little boy wear are just terrible! I had to laugh, because although she's obsessed with putting their initials on things, she didn't think out naming Evy initials that came out as 'ELK', which cracks me up. She said she loves being a “boy mom†to Leeler--what on earth does this even mean? Can someone be a girl-mom?

I haven't read her whole blog but did she really not realize that Evy's initials would come out as ELK? That was one of the first things I did when I was picking out names was to write out the initials to make sure they didn't spell out something.

I just read and she didn't cry over Disney world, she was just in a horrible mood over the schedule and it super upset her. It really isn't that normal to have a schedule change ruin your entire day at Disney World. It sounds like she sulked a lot.

Well there goes my day. :lol: Off to read this. Maybe she really has never realized how childish, self-absorbed and silly she sounds in her blog? According to her blog she had a total crying meltdown over Disney World not going in the order she wanted it to go. And she responds to the snark on that with:

"I think there are times when we all just have a hard time adjusting and being flexible!"

Yes, but most of us learn to deal with things like a Disney world schedule change without throwing a little tantrum by the time we are eight. I would really expect my nine year old to be able to handle that situation better than she did.

I'm surprised our little friend hasn't told her about us yet.

ETA: I can only conclude that she has been extremely pampered and catered to her entire life because she really seems to think that her little meltdowns over things like Disney world not being experienced in the order she wanted and not being picked as an extra for a movie are completely normal and everyone does stuff like this.

I agree with this. A lot of things on her blog give it away. She seems to have grown up in an upper middle class family and it looks like her parents cater to her quite a bit. I can sometimes understand people meltdowns over not being able to go on trips or be extras in movies or tv shows, but with Ashley it is ridiculous she is quite lucky when it comes to life. Other people will never get to travel as much as Ashley does.

She addressed the movie extra meltdown on GOMI and she said it was once in a lifetime thing. Which I kind of agree with because of where she lives. Like I said in a previous post, people I know who have been extras have said that isn't all that is cracked up to be. If Ashley was given a questionnaire or application by the casting agency that asked if she had children and she answered "yes" that might have been what kept her from being selected.

I haven't read her whole blog but did she really not realize that Evy's initials would come out as ELK? That was one of the first things I did when I was picking out names was to write out the initials to make sure they didn't spell out something.

I just read and she didn't cry over Disney world, she was just in a horrible mood over the schedule and it super upset her. It really isn't that normal to have a schedule change ruin your entire day at Disney World. It sounds like she sulked a lot.

The kid's name is Evy Kate Lancaster, but when it's spelled out in monogram the 'L' is put in the middle, with the 'E' on the left and the 'K' on the right. So yep, it comes out 'ELK'. I live in the south and most people know to look at this combination as well, since Southerners tend to monogram anything that doesn't move. I take that back, here people have monograms on their cars as well, so...really just anything.

I live in the South too and know all too well the love for monogramming. :lol: I guess her love for monogramming and that name was more than the annoyance of labeling her daughter an elk.

She appears to feed her children, so there is that in her favor.

I live in the South too and know all too well the love for monogramming. :lol: I guess her love for monogramming and that name was more than the annoyance of labeling her daughter an elk.

She appears to feed her children, so there is that in her favor.

I will confess I enjoy a good monogram myself, but on wine glasses or hand towels. I draw the line at automobiles and making children walking monograms.

I've read further on her blog, and I'm a bit in awe that the OB operated on her while she had her face full of make-up. I was always told that one shouldn't wear make-up to a c-section so that the surgeon/anesthesiologist could monitor your complexion if you became blue/pale. I'm sure some fine surgeon or physician or nurse on this board could elaborate on whether or not this is the case.

Do tell me what makes her an "honorary [sic] citizen of London"?

She reaaaaaaaaly reaaaaaaaaaaaly likes the queen? Although most Londoners I met were good and ready to end the monarchy already. My father's side is English and only my eighty-something grandmother still wants to see it go on.

post-8463-14451998601583_thumb.jpg

To be fair I think that was quite good of her to address her critics. I wouldn't have, in the same circumstances.

I will confess I enjoy a good monogram myself, but on wine glasses or hand towels. I draw the line at automobiles and making children walking monograms.

I've read further on her blog, and I'm a bit in awe that the OB operated on her while she had her face full of make-up. I was always told that one shouldn't wear make-up to a c-section so that the surgeon/anesthesiologist could monitor your complexion if you became blue/pale. I'm sure some fine surgeon or physician or nurse on this board could elaborate on whether or not this is the case.

A family member will be having surgery next week, and I just accompanied him to the pre-admission testing at the hospital. He was given a list of things not to do, which specifically mentioned not wearing any makeup. He did giggle about it on the car ride home.

Soooo, it seems she has discovered it ( her GOMI thread) and has spent literally several pages going back and answering/ commenting on every single thing that has been said of her. It is hilariously sad......you have three small children, there is no need to stay up til the wee hours of the morning defending yourself....sheesh

I happened to be surfing the GOMI forums while she was doing this, and as post after post showed up in the thread directory I started laughing out loud. Oh, honey, no.

To be fair I think that was quite good of her to address her critics. I wouldn't have, in the same circumstances.

I think that was fine to respectfully respond to what people were saying of her, to an extent. However, going on and on and responding to every little thing just made her come off as....not sure....desperate for validation, insecure etc. Plus, that thread on GOMI was dead for a month, and so was this one....she brought everyone back talking about her and more fuel to her critics fire.

Britain is NOTHING like American television portrays it. British women would grind Ashley into bits and spit her out with their wit.

Also, offtopic, but her son Liam is adorable. He's the most objectively-cute out of the three kids by a long shot.

My initial objection to Ashley was when she was adopting from Asia and using an "Asian" font to announce this to everybody. Of course, she would just write this off the same way she did the socks and sandals Asian joke which her Asian friend thought was so hilariously Asian or whatever. :?

She's probably a good mom and whatever, her kids are clean and well-fed, she's not neglectful except for the whole locking them in their rooms for an entire afternoon while she pins pictures of her bestie Kate or cries to Kurt on the phone about what a rough morning she had.

She IS very shallow and overemotional; there's no denying that. And she's barely in the triple digits for IQ. Just saying.

A family member will be having surgery next week, and I just accompanied him to the pre-admission testing at the hospital. He was given a list of things not to do, which specifically mentioned not wearing any makeup. He did giggle about it on the car ride home.

I have had three surgeries under general anesthesia, all of which I was told not to wear makeup for. Three c-sections, though, and I've had on full makeup each time. Has never been brought up to me.

If she comes here I would challenge her to call up her good friends the Duggars and ask them point blank why they support a man who has been accused over and over and over again of sexually harassing very young teens. At this point Recovering Grace had signs outside of the latest ATI conferences so it isn't like the Duggars can't know that there are all sorts of accusations against Gothard along with countless stories of rampant abuse in ATI/IBLP.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley didn't know about these things because she just doesn't seem the sort who would look into what sort of homeschool group the Duggar/Bates are members of.

She did answer the GOMI in a very respectful, non-snarky way(she should go teach Lyndsie's brother some lessons in that) and her children are fed, dressed and not stacked on shelving to sleep. I just think she is really shallow and has had people to protect her from any sort of real challenges that life usually throws at people. If not getting the see the Disney attraction she wanted to see first ruined her entire day what would she do if their finances changed and they could no longer afford these Disney trips? Or the monogrammed clothing?

Ashley is faintly annoying with her Anglophilia, insensitivity, and shallow writings but she's barely on my list of snarkable Christian Mommy bloggers. There are so many of them.

It was silly of her to bump that moribund thread by defending herself.

I would like to thank the poster on GOMI for "the Parable of the Clicks." Nice to have a really good laugh to start my morning. That was the best thing on the entire thread! :lol:

THIS HOUSE. wow. I want the same. It's huge. I have never see a house like this (okay, i live in the center of my city, so, i don't see house at all.)

She makes me think at this :

So far Ashely hasn't gone back to GOMI. The Parable of Clicks was hilarious. I saw that one poster who regretted posting about Ashley since she had always liked Ashley. That same poster then accused the GOMI people of bullying Ashley. I don't think Ashley was bullied. People called her out on her stupidity, racism, and homophobia. I agree with one poster over there that thread was pretty much dead until Ashley started responding to it. Ashley doesn't quite fit the mold for GOMI popular threads. Her blog is a bit boring compared to other bloggers are heavily discussed over there.

Archived