IGNORED

GOMI on Lazy Lyndsie's friend Ashley Lancaster

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Why? Is she anti Obamacare?

I don't think she has posted anything on the blog about obamacare. But I bet she is against it. I was making a joke because she said that she was going to talk about all the things she likes about England. We know that NHS won't be one of those things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashley recently had a dedication service for her youngest child. I'm not trying to snark, but the outfits her children are wearing kind of creep me out.

.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=651364944896841&set=pb.532094016823935.-2207520000.1382624414.&type=3&theater

She matches and monograms everything...it gives me hives. Half the time the kids' full names are on their clothes, too. Doesn't she know that's not a good idea?

I'm surprised she didn't make Kurt a matching bib to go over his shirt.

She matches and monograms everything...it gives me hives. Half the time the kids' full names are on their clothes, too. Doesn't she know that's not a good idea?

I'm surprised she didn't make Kurt a matching bib to go over his shirt.

This made me laugh. Again I'm not trying to be mean, but I thought those outfits were a bit ugly. I also remember Ashley getting custom t-shirts made for a Disney trip her family went on years ago.

Will change my life? May end my life. Hello, high blood pressure and cholesterol! I just can't imagine June Cleaver making something like this. You know everything she made was from scratch.

Why not just make tacos? Or a taco salad? What's the point to the Fritos? My 17 yo son would probably gobble the whole thing up himself, but I don't think my 20 yo or I would touch that. ETA: Dose she mean put the seasoniong in with the raw meat as it browns? Ewww.

There was a claim in my mom's family to be descended from the Swedish Royal family way somewhere in the 17th century (they actually put the Swedish king at the time in the family tree!) but my mom's been doing research since she retired some years ago and is getting to that part of the family and there's no sign of the ol' king.

I am sure there's plenty of people that are actually related to royalty in some way (and have proof) but there's a lot of claims that are probably just stories that got passed along the family generations just as it appears to have been in mine.

Now I have a coworker who claims to have traced his family all the way to 13th century (Europe) and that is where I really wonder how he could know that unless it's one sole person (he made it sound like more than one). And it would have to be an important person to make it into any record and, given frequent destruction from war, records from that far back may no longer exist in many case. So it strikes me as a long shot.

My dad's family (very unusual last name) can be traced back to 2 brothers who came from Germany in the 1700s. They were related to the Hapsburgs, but were not part of the royal line.

I'm more impressed by the fact that one set of my great-great-great grandparents were either slaves or free people of color.

Why not just make tacos? Or a taco salad? What's the point to the Fritos? My 17 yo son would probably gobble the whole thing up himself, but I don't think my 20 yo or I would touch that. ETA: Dose she mean put the seasoniong in with the raw meat as it browns? Ewww.

Just curious, what's so gross to you about this?

Just curious, what's so gross to you about this?

Maybe gross wasn't the right word. It just seems like most of the flavor would be drained out with the excess fat. I've added chopped onions & green peppers to raw meat & let them cook together, but never seasoning beyond salt & pepper. Does anyone else do it? If so, then I stand corrected! I'm even willing to try it.

Maybe gross wasn't the right word. It just seems like most of the flavor would be drained out with the excess fat. I've added chopped onions & green peppers to raw meat & let them cook together, but never seasoning beyond salt & pepper. Does anyone else do it? If so, then I stand corrected! I'm even willing to try it.

I do this, but honestly, I don't really drain my ground beef very much, so I don't lose the seasoning. And yes, I know, ew... :lol: but I use cast-iron pans, and that sucks in a lot of the fat, which there isn't much of to begin with on the 90/10 beef we buy. Plus every time I try to hold up the pan to drain the fat, my arm cramps and I end up either dumping a lot of meat out or risk dropping the pan all together.

I see! I don't use a lot of ground beef, but I do season stew meat and chicken before I sear it.

You're right if you are going to drain the meat, you cook, drain, and then season. I doubt many of our fundie friends bother with draining ground meat.

I always season other meat - chicken, "whole" beef, pork - before I cook it. I guess seasoning raw ground beef is just one of those things that seems strange because my family never did it that way. Cognitive dissonance in the kitchen!

I see! I don't use a lot of ground beef, but I do season stew meat and chicken before I sear it.

I use a turkey baster to drain ground beef. It sounds a bit odd but totally works.

• 2 months later...

Ashley has some "exciting" news about the Duggars that she means to share soon.

Also,

I don't write out my feelings without a filter and I don't pour out really deep thoughts on a frequent basis.

I'm pretty sure that's because she doesn't ever actually HAVE any really deep thoughts. We're talking a wading pool here.

I wonder what the Duggar news is. My guesses are they visited her and/or she and her family are going to appear on 19kac. If she and her family do appear on 19kac, she better be prepared for some backlash because the GOMI thread on her details a few things that aren't so nice about Ashley.

Oh JEEPERS, Ashley, you're just on a diet. Quit calling it spiritual warfare. Neither Satan nor God care if you have a Sonic instead of a hummus wrap for lunch.

Her "fast" sounds ridiculously easy. She is eating pretty well her biggest complaint seems to be having to drink water but then she throws in smoothies from The Smoothie King for snacks because she wants something with flavor.

I bet I could do her fast with less drama and complaining and I wouldn't need to pretend that I was fighting off demons.

Well, day four of her fast and demons are still attacking her on a regular basis but she is getting stronger at fighting them back. There are actual people starving in this world and she really thinks God is super concerned about comforting her because she is eating baked oatmeal, strawberries, smoothies(from Smoothie King! does she get paid to mention them so often?) and wild rice? Is this what Miss Raquel will be like if she ever gets married?

On a positive note God is sending her little bits of encouragement because she weighs herself and she has already lost four pounds! That is really motivating her to keep strong in her fast. :roll:

Every pound lost is a mark of God's approval!

Meanwhile, there's a demon cupcake (quite literally, DEVIL'S FOOD!) waiting for me on the table downstairs. I don't know, should I go battle its evil forces or not?

Demons have cupcakes, Sonic, and Cherry Coke, I'm not even going to try to resist.

I realized that I was drinking way too much coffee and it was making me feel jittery and then I got headaches if I didn't have it, so I slowly cut back. It wasn't loads of fun and I did have headaches and moments where I wanted a cup, but I hardly think it was demons and without demons it would have been any easier. And I managed to make it through without crying out to God.

She admits she has a horrible diet and it sounds like she was used to eating tons of junk food and fast food so of course she is going to feel grouchy when she suddenly changes her diet. That is normal, it has nothing to do with demons, but I guess turning it into some sort of spiritual warfare makes people in her life be more sympathetic to her whining as opposed to constantly complaining about junk food withdrawals.

ETA: I just realized that in her About Me she says that she is convinced she is British. :shifty-kitty:

Demons have cupcakes, Sonic, and Cherry Coke, I'm not even going to try to resist.

I realized that I was drinking way too much coffee and it was making me feel jittery and then I got headaches if I didn't have it, so I slowly cut back. It wasn't loads of fun and I did have headaches and moments where I wanted a cup, but I hardly think it was demons and without demons it would have been any easier. And I managed to make it through without crying out to God.

She admits she has a horrible diet and it sounds like she was used to eating tons of junk food and fast food so of course she is going to feel grouchy when she suddenly changes her diet. That is normal, it has nothing to do with demons, but I guess turning it into some sort of spiritual warfare makes people in her life be more sympathetic to her whining as opposed to constantly complaining about junk food withdrawals.

ETA: I just realized that in her About Me she says that she is convinced she is British. :shifty-kitty:

Her obsession with British people is a bit weird and she declares herself an expert because she spent a semester there iirc.

My dad's family (very unusual last name) can be traced back to 2 brothers who came from Germany in the 1700s. They were related to the Hapsburgs, but were not part of the royal line.

I'm more impressed by the fact that one set of my great-great-great grandparents were either slaves or free people of color.

According to one of my Dad's cousins we're related to Mary, Queen of Scots. He's also said we're also related to a serial killer. Not sure how accurately he has researched the family history. My husband family has been traced back to the 1600s they were Austrian nobility and actually have a very well researched family tree and are mentioned in books about the nobility. His great-grandfather actually used the title until after WWI so in that case I believe it.

Archived