IGNORED

GOMI on Lazy Lyndsie's friend Ashley Lancaster

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Now, I am a fan of bad reality shows (or why would I be here) but since when is watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 in the morning life changing????

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Jon and Kate while putting on make up being life changing. She is worse than Raquel.

MWA HA HA HA

This girl is a class-A dimbulb, but at least it's LOLworthy.

She is very LOLworthy. Some of her Ask Ashley posts are funny and I have to wonder if she made up some of the questions. I laughed at the answer where she talked about the 5 year age difference between her and her husband. She made it seem like he is much older than her.

This blog looks like it will be good for a LOT of lols. I'll have to read some more of it tomorrow. But, on GOMI I saw this quote from the blogger:

When I got pregnant this time around, a VBAC (v*g*nal birth after Caesarean) immediately came up for discussion.

And I laughed so loudly that I scared my cat. I guess putting the asterisks in seemed like the thing to do to her, but it really is laugh out loud ridiculous to me.

This blog looks like it will be good for a LOT of lols. I'll have to read some more of it tomorrow. But, on GOMI I saw this quote from the blogger:

And I laughed so loudly that I scared my cat. I guess putting the asterisks in seemed like the thing to do to her, but it really is laugh out loud ridiculous to me.

That is ridiculous.

The word is vaginal. It's not a curse word or a hurtful slur used to dehumanize people, so why is this woman treating it like that?!? :angry-cussingblack:

She is very LOLworthy. Some of her Ask Ashley posts are funny and I have to wonder if she made up some of the questions. I laughed at the answer where she talked about the 5 year age difference between her and her husband. She made it seem like he is much older than her.

My husband is 5 years older than me. I dated someone 11 years older than me for 2 years & yeah that's an age difference you notice but 5 years? Um. No. It's probably that he's just so much smarter than her & more worldly.

What blows my mind is that someone intelligent enough to be a doctor actually comes home to a wife as simple minded as this woman. I have always assumed intellectual compatibility is an absolute must in relationships, but this guy wanted his trophy wife from the get-go instead of several decades in like often happens with doctors. I've never known one to pick up a trophy wife while still in training, honestly.

I'm descended from British royalty too, but honest to goodness, I don't consider a tie in at Richard III to be brag worthy or to somehow make me related to modern royalty. I can trace lineage to the Stewarts of Scotland as well but again if doesn't make me royal! I just assume most people can find a link to someone interesting at SOME point in their genealogy. Isn't that what makes genealogy an interesting hobby in the first place?

Oh come on, she censored the word vagina?????

Its a body part, its not like she censors the word knee. Just because its a sexual body part, it doesnt mean its dirty or anything.

Vagina is the medical term as well, its not like she was calling it a pussy or cunt or something.

Its not even in a sexual context, she was talking about childbirth. You cant talk about childbirth without mentioning the word vagina as that is where babies come from. Does she expect her doctor/midwife/gynecologist to call it her private parts or some kind of nickname like a vajayjay. Cause that doesnt help, its not very specific-private parts could mean anything *down there*. Yeah, when you talk about having a baby come out of your private parts, you can assume its going to come out of your vagina, but if youre not mature enough to say vagina, you are probably not mature enough to be using yours. Also I would have to laugh and not take seriously a gynecologist or midwife who said they wanted to look at your ladybits.

Does she censor the word "breast" as well when shes talking about breastfeeding, even if it is a perfectly natural process that feeds a baby. If she breastfed, did she make her baby wear goggles so it couldnt be defrauded by seeing her boobs?

What blows my mind is that someone intelligent enough to be a doctor actually comes home to a wife as simple minded as this woman. I have always assumed intellectual compatibility is an absolute must in relationships, but this guy wanted his trophy wife from the get-go instead of several decades in like often happens with doctors. I've never known one to pick up a trophy wife while still in training, honestly.

I was thinking about this too. To his credit, at least he recognized what he was looking for right away instead of making the switch later in life.

I tried to put the old switcheroo on it for myself. What if I had a husband at home who took care of all the housework and the kids and kept everything perfectly and adored me and his life and all I had to do was work? And I thought, well, that wouldn't be so bad! And then I thought about having to go to Disneyworld in monogrammed clothes and have conversations about princesses and holding my tongue every time he used the word "literally" wrong in order to keep him happy and thought, nah. I think my soul would die a little bit every day.

I'm descended from British royalty too, but honest to goodness, I don't consider a tie in at Richard III to be brag worthy or to somehow make me related to modern royalty. I can trace lineage to the Stewarts of Scotland as well but again if doesn't make me royal! I just assume most people can find a link to someone interesting at SOME point in their genealogy. Isn't that what makes genealogy an interesting hobby in the first place?

I also think Ashley's husband wanted a trophy wife from the get-go and Ashely seems to have always wanted to marry well. I think both Ashley's and Kurt's families seem well to do and they probably helped out them financially when they got married and had the oldest daughter.

I was a SAHM for 14 years, and a darn good one at that. Yes, DH appreciated that I did everything in the house. However, he ALSO appreciated that I had enough intelligence to carry on an intellectually stimulating conversation too. In fact, the reality that I let myself go into a brain fog and only concerned myself with things of hearth and home was part of what contributed to problems in our marriage.

Yes, I do give credit to her Dh for acknowledging and being honest about what he wanted in the first place. I just usually see doctors who want a woman who can think about more than monogramed matching outfits for every day at Disney and who is capable of SAYING "vagina" when discussing her own body and medical health. Whenever she posts about her body and her birthing choices, it is VERY clear that she is merely allowing her OB/Gyn husband to make all of the choices for her. She doesn't REALLY have a clue what she is talking about.

See, this is what I find Really Weird.

My dad's been trying to research and we're working / lower middle class as far back as he can find and it peters out in seventeenth-century Warwickshire. When people say they're descended from Richard III (so jealous!) or Lady Godiva, or that they're Prince William's tenth cousin I just think "how the HELL can they know that?"

[all genuine examples from this forum]

See, this is what I find Really Weird.

My dad's been trying to research and we're working / lower middle class as far back as he can find and it peters out in seventeenth-century Warwickshire. When people say they're descended from Richard III (so jealous!) or Lady Godiva, or that they're Prince William's tenth cousin I just think "how the HELL can they know that?"

[all genuine examples from this forum]

Just a fun hobby thing maybe as the OP said. I'd be horrified if I was related to English Royalty :lol:

But yes. You always tend to hear that so and so was related to royalty and not so much I traced my history back to 1715 and I come from a long line of hard working prostitutes and sailors. Both of which to be honest I would be equally proud of.

Give me a fracking break, she did not say she spiratually rescue her korean son, 30% of koreans identify as christian.

Yeah that's exactly what I was going to say ... it is a very common religion in South Korea and even if the child didn't identify as Christian he certainly would have been exposed to Christianity through peers, classmates, society at large ...

She adopted the child some time ago so maybe it's different now, but I thought I read that S. Korea was closed to international adoptions?

Genealogy is a hobby my husband shared with my grandfather. My grandfather used to research lineage everytime he was in Europe, which he did quite frequently. He did it before the age of the internet. Dh researched locally, since his family didn't jump the ocean nearly as quickly. When we married, they combined their research and each worked on other lines as well. I don't know how DH did it, but he linked my family to Richard III, which meant you then get a line back to the dark ages because the royal lines are well researched.

Honestly, you search long enough and you ALWAYS find something interesting, even if it's not royalty per se. Dh traced his line back to the first of his last name to the US. The man was a pirate commissioned by the British royalty who retired to the Virginia colony and later migrated to the mid-West. He had three wives and a mistress whose children spanned the births of children by all three legal wives, including migrating to the mid-West with him. In total, I think the man had 21 children by four women. I find that JUST as interesting as tying into royal lines, honestly.

When it comes to the adoption of the little boy, I get the feeling that Ashley was more concerned with getting the boy and making Christian rather than giving him home. I think she knows about GOMI being onto her because in some of her postings, she writes about him more. Like I said before, I think the adoption was done partially to keep up with the husband's colleague who adopted. South Korea was the easy and quick route for them and they pretty much admitted to it in the adoption timeline.

In one of her recent q&as, she pretty much hinted that another adoption won't be happening. If people only want to adopt one child that is fine, but based on how Ashley is I suspect that she didn't enjoy the adoption process that much.

They both go to their rooms in the afternoon for rest time. Liam still sleeps a little bit of that time, but he's in his crib from usually 2:30-5. He usually always falls asleep for part of that time and he enjoys playing with toys in his crib. Evy doesn't sleep anymore, but she has really started to enjoy using her imagination and playing alone in her room from around 2:30-4:00. We have a clock that we use that tells her how long to stay in her room.

Holy crap, she makes her kid stay in his crib (whether he's sleeping or not) for the entire afternoon, two and a half hours? The fuck?

Holy crap, she makes her kid stay in his crib (whether he's sleeping or not) for the entire afternoon, two and a half hours? The fuck?

She's a lazy mother. Her family is always helping out & she is more interested in watching TV than watching the kids. I shudder at the thought of their education being homeschooled.

Her kid spends from half 2 to 5 in a crib? Thats the entire afternoon. He should be exploring the room and being interacted with by his parents instead of sitting in a crib all day. Hes only little, so I bet he goes to bed at about 7 or 8 as well, so thats pretty much his whole day.

That's fucking ridiculous. Poor little guy. :(

I can't believe she makes the kid sit in his crib all afternoon. That is just horrible. Some people should just not be mothers. She makes the other kid stay shut up in her room for an 1 and a half each day. I don't think she likes her kids at all.

I don't think she likes her son that much. I think her making the son stay in his crib during the afternoons is a bit crazy. One thing I can say is that Ashley pretty much confirmed that isn't likely they will be adopting or having more kids. She is one of the fundie lite types who aren't into huge families.

I don't think she likes her son that much. I think her making the son stay in his crib during the afternoons is a bit crazy. One thing I can say is that Ashley pretty much confirmed that isn't likely they will be adopting or having more kids. She is one of the fundie lite types who aren't into huge families.

Thank God for small blessings. When my kids were little it would have been nice to have each afternoon off, but that wasn't realistic. These kids would most likely be happier in daycare and she would be happier if they were too.

I have also noticed that her children don't have many friends. She blogged sometime back about the son staying a few days with relatives who also have a little boy. She is planning to homeschool and based on how she is, I don't see that going well.

Archived