IGNORED

GOMI on Lazy Lyndsie's friend Ashley Lancaster

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Link here

getoffmyinternets.net/forums/mommy-bloggers/our-happily-ever-afters/

Not breaking it as its GOMI

Interesting read!

Basically she is being called out on being lazy, boring, intolerant & a bad adoptive mother.

Some of those links are pretty surprising.

Mods-not sure if allowed to post links so please delete this topic if not.

Ashley's blog is Our happily ever afters of the Lancasters.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I remember when Lyndsie had her blog up, she often linked to other adoptive families. I looked a few of those blogs back then. I'll check out the GOMI thread and Ashley's blog.

I have been looking at some of Ashley's recent posts. Chik-Fil-A catered her daughter's birthday party. ETA: I'm looking at pics of the recent Disney trip and I had to laugh at the matching t-shirts. My guess is that based on some of Ashley's background info(pastor dad) is that she fundie lite or a conservative mainstream type.

ETA: Just read the GOMI thread, a few posts gave summaries to her. The adoption of the little boy was because a friend of theirs went through an adoption journey. She seems to favor her bio daughter. Her and her family go to Disney frequently. Her family has homophobic attitudes((I guess they didn't hear about how Disney gives benefits to the partners of gay employees).

The adoption timeline seems kind of weird. Ashely says that God spoke to her about adoption and sometime after that a co-worker of her husband adopted a child. I get the strong vibe like the GOMI posters is that the adoption was brought on because of the co-worker and maybe Ashley wants her and her doctor husband to look like do-gooders.

ourhappilyeverafters.com/2011/10/adoption-timeline.html

•Tuesday, October 18, 2011 : FAMILY DAY!!!!!!

•OCTOBER 10, 2011 : TRAVEL CALL!!!!!

•September 15, 2011 : Visa Physical (Liam is cleared for travel)

•October 6, 2011 : Embassy Appearance

•September 6, 2011 : EMIGRATION PERMIT APPROVAL!!!

•August 8, 2011!!! : Emigration Permit Submission!!

•October, 2011 : Packet 3 sent to agency

•July, 2011 : Email sent out telling us that no EP's will be submitted or approved in July, either. Very difficult news, but trusting God!

•June 20, 2011 : Email sent out telling us that there is a temporary pause on all EP submissions and approvals in June. Hoping this process resumes in July.

•May 12, 2011 : National Visa Center LOGGED OUT!

•May 10, 2011: National Visa Center LOGGED IN

•May 2, 2011 : I-600 APPROVAL!

•March 31, 2011 : I-600 Sent

•March 29, 2011 : I-600A Approval

•March 25, 2011 : Fingerprinting at USCIS in St. Louis. Waiting for I-600A to be approved so that we can send I-600!

•March 18, 2011: Acceptance paperwork sent to KOREA! Also received LEGALS.

•March 15, 2011 : Acceptance paperwork sent to Holt.

•March 7, 2011 : REFERRAL!!!!!!!!! A HEALTHY, 8-month-old little boy! Verbally ACCEPTED referral!

•February 4, 2011 : HOME STUDY TO KOREA!!! Officially on WAITLIST!!!

•January 20, 2011 : Adoption Education Complete

•January 6-7, 2011 : Homestudy!

•December, 2010 : We are contacted by our agency about starting our homestudy sooner than we expected! We will begin our homestudy on January 6, and it should be completed quickly!

•November 24, 2010 : Unfortunately we are not chosen to parent this precious baby, but God knows best!

•November 22, 2010 : Phone interview for social worker to present us to Committee.

•October 28-29, 2010 : We are told of a photolisting about to be posted. We view the file, and feel a peace about pursuing this child! We tell our agency that we will proceed to Committee.

•October 20, 2010 : Fingerprinting for background checks.

•October 19, 2010 : Orientation Call with Missouri Branch Office

•October 7, 2010 : Completed application sent to Holt!

•October 3, 2010 : We publicly announce our decision to adopt!

•September 24, 2010 : WE DECIDE TO ADOPT FROM SOUTH KOREA!!!!

•August 31, 2010 : Adoption plans on hold. Waiting for God's timing to become clear.

•August 16, 2010 : Day of Fasting and Prayer for our adoption (Ashley).

•August 15, 2010 : God draws our hearts to open toward Korean adoption. Ashley gets in touch with a family who is adopting from Korea.

•August 13, 2010 : Kurt finds out that one of his co-workers (a doctor in their group) adopted a special-needs daughter from China!

•August 2, 2010 : We are told that China is very firm in their age requirement (30). We can't submit application until Ashley is 29 1/2. Trusting God's timing!

•July 31, 2010 : Ashley creates this blog to chronicle the adoption journey, should it come to fruition.

•July 24, 2010 : Ashley sends off for information regarding adoption from several agencies.

•July 23, 2010: Ashley tells Kurt about God speaking to her about the possibility of international adoption.

•July 22, 2010 : God calls Ashley's heart to adoption, with a special concern for an Asian country.

Duggar connection time. I noticed a tag on Ashely's blog labeled "Duggars".

Ashely keep in touch with Michelle and Michelle and Jim Bob are fans of Ashley's preacher grandfather. She, her mom and her two sisters met the Duggars last year. They visited the TTH and one of the sister's pics is in one of the Duggar instragram threads here.

It is a bit of a long post. They didn't meet the entire Duggar clan. It seems that Jinger and Mullet were the only ones home with several of the younger kids.

ourhappilyeverafters.com/2012/11/meeting-duggar-family.html

Ashley's TV list from 2010 is a bit interesting I wonder if she is still watching Glee, Pretty Little Liars, and those fashion/design shows. Maybe she fast fowarded through the parts that the ebil gays and lesbians. Back in 2010, Glee's scenes with the lesbian, bi, and gay characters were very tame. But the first season of Pretty Little Liars back in 2010 featured lesbian characters kissing and cuddling in bed

ourhappilyeverafters.com/2010/08/30-day-blog-journal-day-3.html

19 Kids and Counting (or anything with the Duggars)

GLEE!! (I watch every episode usually twice)

The Office (but Kurt and I don't think we can watch once Steve Carrell leaves)

Pretty Little Liars

Secret Life of the American Teenager

Dancing with the Stars

American Idol (but I'm quickly losing interest and usually fast forward half of it)

Bachelor/Bachelorette

Big Brother (recent convert and I'm obsessed)

Real Housewives (all of them, and this really is up there close to my favorite show)

Toddlers and Tiaras (the trainwreck you can't stop watching)

Grey's Anatomy

Gossip Girl (LOVE LOVE LOVE)

Design Star (Vern is being mean this season. Stern Vern.)

Project Runway

The Tudors (beautiful historical drama, but requires fast-forwarding for some scenes!)

I haven't looked at the blog, just the adoption timeline that was posted above. Did she really, seriously wake up one day and think, "Hmmm, I think we should adopt a baby!" the way it appears? (Oh wait, God "put it on her heart.") I have a friend who adopted internationally, and her process took years before she even signed up with an agency. First she researched domestic versus international adoption, then she researched the adoption laws for various countries (she was adopting as a single woman, and some countries only let married couples adopt). Then she researched different adoption agencies to figure out which one would be the best one to work with for the country she wanted to try to adopt from. And THEN she finally started the homestudy stuff and got a referral and all the gut-wrenching wringing of hands and waiting that went along with the actual adoption. Oh yeah, and she was saving up money the entire time because she knew the costs that would be involved.

It seriously sounds like this woman woke up one morning, decided she wanted to adopt, and then a week later it's all, "OK, we're going to adopt! It's official, we even have a blog!"

I've been following Ashley since she was using that awful "Asian" font on her adoption blog, which she thankfully switched out. (ouradoptiontapestry.blogspot.ca) As others noted, she is a big fan of Lyndsie and has posted pics of them together in the past, and was gushing over meeting the Duggars (that was where we saw the pic of Jordyn looking like the girl from Les Mis.)

It's just an odd, superficial family. They seem to have more money than they know what to do with. She coordinated their Disney trip so that all her adult siblings wore Disney clothing. She monograms EVERYTHING, just like Lyndsie, and the kids always have to be so matchy-matchy and impeccable. I bet she hyperventilates when they want to play in the sand.

ETA: Ashley's reason for adopting.

God gave us an instant peace and calling towards international adoption. Our hearts were just never drawn toward domestic. A big factor in this is that we view adoption not only as a physical "rescue," but also a spiritual one. Our child will be raised in a Christian home where he/she will hear the gospel every single day. The chance of that happening in another country is very slim. Also, there are more children overseas that need adopting, simply because their countries' cultures are less in favor of adoption. Finally, I have a friend who isn't able to adopt internationally because of her health history, and I want her (and people like her) to have every opportunity here in the United States to adopt children from our country.

Her blog is like an advertisement for Disney. And I can't believe she got so upset that their scedule was little off. She whined about in on three different blog posts.

ETA: Ashley's reason for adopting.

Wow, there are so many things wrong with that :shock: I mean, if she feels compelled to adopt internationally, then that's her choice and she's welcome to it. But those are some seriously weird overgeneralizations about other countries.

1. It's insulting to claim that you're "rescuing" a child through international adoption. Many of those children have loving families who want the best for them.

2. I guess I missed the part where the US is the only christian country in the world. Many african or latin american countries that have been popular for international adoption are predominantly christian.

3. WTF is she talking about, other cultures are less in favor of adoption? Again, sweeping generalization. Yes, in some cultures it's not common to adopt children who are not related to you, but other countries have domestic adoption as well. Developing countries are not producing babies just so they can be farmed out to christian families in the US.

4. I'm assuming her friend who isn't able to adopt internationally is Lyndsey. While it's nice of Ashley to think of her (or at least pretend she's thinking of her), I don't really get the general logic of that. Most people who can't adopt internationally for health reasons will find a private domestic adoption difficult for the same reasons. Whether or not a single family chooses to pursue domestic adoption doesn't significantly impact the adoption pool. It seems arrogant to act like your family would be the automatic choice for potential birth parents over your friends.

I think she is likely talking about Lyndsie. I think even if Lyndsie didn't have a history of cancer, she and Daniel probably wouldn't be able to afford an international adoption. She had fundraisers for her first domestic adoption.

Yeah she is talking about Lyndsie for sure. I liked Lyndsie but Our happily ever after of the Lancasters girl Ashley seems awful. Vain, self centred & adopting for all the wrong reasons with little thought or reflection. Arrogance personified. Everything I don't like about Christian Mommy bloggers & nothing I do like about them.

Yeah she is talking about Lyndsie for sure. I liked Lyndsie but Our happily ever after of the Lancasters girl Ashley seems awful. Vain, self centred & adopting for all the wrong reasons with little thought or reflection. Arrogance personified. Everything I don't like about Christian Mommy bloggers & nothing I do like about them.

I wasn't a huge Lyndsie fan, but I did find her more likable than some of other fundies we discuss here. I have looked at several postings from Ashely's blog and she does make Lyndsie more likable.

Ashley's sister's birthday cake. The one in the denim shirt. Because what grown-ass woman doesn't want a Disney princess cake?

247k5.jpg

Ashley's sister's birthday cake. The one in the denim shirt. Because what grown-ass woman doesn't want a Disney princess cake?

247k5.jpg

I wouldn't mind because it's cake. I also love Disney! But that is beside the point because of cake.

247k5.jpg

I wouldn't mind it either, but I'd prefer Mickey.

1.Cake is good!

2.Chocolate cake is VERY good!

3. Disney chocolate cake is VERY VERY good!

4. Disney Ice Cream chocolate cake is BEST!

5. Cake with fundies - not so good!

• 1 month later...

Ashely's third child was born on Monday. The Lord authored the baby's birth lol.

ourhappilyeverafters.com/2013/05/lynley-is-here.html

Lynley is Here!

After 27 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing, Lynley arrived via C-section at 10:51pm on Monday, May 20th. Although this was a different outcome than we had initially hoped for, I am at peace with Lynley's story because the Lord authored it! I will share her birth story soon. Needless to say I'm in a complicated recovery period (since I labored for so long and then had the C-section), and there are a lot of emotions to process (I know a lot of it will hit me later). But Lynley is HERE and she is healthy and I have NO regrets!

• 3 months later...
Our child will be raised in a Christian home where he/she will hear the gospel every single day. The chance of that happening in another country is very slim.

Um, Christianity is actually the biggest religion in the world :D

That bit at the top of her blog about how she's descended from the British royal family is pretty lulworthy as well. Of course there's an outside chance that it might be true, but seems much more likely that someone's used a bit of imagination there.

My father once knew a Mormon who had traced her family tree right back to Adam. He roared with laughter when she told him and then he realised that she wasn't joking :embarrassed:

Um, Christianity is actually the biggest religion in the world :D

That bit at the top of her blog about how she's descended from the British royal family is pretty lulworthy as well. Of course there's an outside chance that it might be true, but seems much more likely that someone's used a bit of imagination there.

My father once knew a Mormon who had traced her family tree right back to Adam. He roared with laughter when she told him and then he realised that she wasn't joking :embarrassed:

Pretty much everyone who is from Europe can trace their family back to Charlemagne and his relations, so in a way, everyone of European descent can claim to be related to royalty.

2. DVR has changed my life. I record like there is no tomorrow, and I watch at my leisure. I watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 this morning as I put on my makeup. Life-changing.

MWA HA HA HA

This girl is a class-A dimbulb, but at least it's LOLworthy.

Archived