IGNORED

March for Life 2013 Instagram and Twitter Watch Thread

lilwriter85

Someone forgot to tell them that we try to not hold our signs upside down.

Someone forgot to tell the kid in the front row, second from the left to look concious.

f5948e7064f611e29d3822000a1f90e8_7.jpg

DA FUQ???? "Abortion" all cursive and glittery...

What the hell is that? Abortion one mops another breaks? (Actually, after looking at it for about a minute and a half I realize it says "Abortion: one heart stops another breaks" but that is not readily apparent. Is that supposed to be the outline of a pregnant woman on the left? Is there now a glitter shortage in the world?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell is that? Abortion one mops another breaks? (Actually, after looking at it for about a minute and a half I realize it says "Abortion: one heart stops another breaks" but that is not readily apparent. Is that supposed to be the outline of a pregnant woman on the left? Is there now a glitter shortage in the world?[/quote]

Its a conspiracy to use up ALL DA GLITTAH to keep anyone from glitter bombing frothy when he makes his inevitable appearance at this sideshow.

I got four posts into this and got angry and yelled at my husband and then cried.

I have a handful of anti-choice friends and some are on fb and my stream was filled with this shit today.

I have never been pregnant and have never had an abortion, but if I was there I would go and stand with all of those women with a sign saying "I did NOT regret my abortion"

I wish I was braver.

Wait, one of them literally thinks they're going to save babies today? Perhaps an adult should sit them down and explain what they're actually going there for.

d82b3044651611e2868f22000a1f97ea_7.jpg

[ @ ] tschiffman Packed and ready to go! #marchforlife #southernpride 44min

26c95f04651311e28f4222000a1fb75e_7.jpg

[ @ ] tim94t I am a #Survivor of the American #Holocaust . #RoeVsWade #America #Abortion #Catholic #Bumpersticker #MarchForLife 1h

According to her Facebook page, Abigail is worried that she won't be able to bring her kids to the march in DC because there might be a snowstorm. Quelle domage.

d24482e0650011e2a9de22000a1f92c9_7.jpg

[ @ ] cgaze3 # statecapitalsteps #marchforlife #endabortion #prolife #chooselife #sister #auntie 50min

I can't see 3 young-ish looking women with anti-choice signs without thinking "so which of them will it be?" Which sort of makes me a horrible person. But then I remember that wishing an unpleasant medical procedure on someone is nowhere near as bad as calling yourself a Holocaust survivor when you're a young Catholic.

When the anti-abortion protestors on my campus had signs mentioning the Holocaust, I had to RUN in the opposite direction. It was the only way I could stop myself from doing something violent and stupid.

My facebook has also been full of this all day. Makes me want to scream and/or give them several useful tips on actually reducing abortion (sex ed! contraception! universal healthcare!)

the stupid southern pride one: you're going to go wave a flag that represented the abduction, enslavement, torture, and death of millions? I see...

I don't use twitter but I was under the impression #hashtags were supposed to be used to connect tweets on a similar topic/same event/etc (so #inauguration or something). Do tags like #sister or #auntie do anything? Can this chick go through and see all her #auntie posts or is this just someone who uses them wrong?

From twitter

get fit ‏@getproud

So excited to be going to DC tomorrow for the #marchforlife !! I don't care how many followers I loose this is what I believe in. #prolife

Mark Artiles ‏@MarkArtiles3

Going to DC tomorrow, promoting the culture of life!! #MarchForLife

Pro-Life Teens ‏@ProLifeYouth

Who's ready for the #MarchForLife this Friday!! #SaveBabies #StopAbortion pic.twitter.com/J4qqhxhv

BBQgpafCEAAi3Jh.jpg:large

Adrienne ‏@adrienne_jensen

I'm sick of women saying "It's my body!!" ... uhhh no, it's your child's body that is inside your body. Big difference. #MarchForLife

Annie Celotto ‏@agcelotto

January 22nd, 1973 -Today, I remember the 55+million deaths that have occured since Roe... #ProLife #MarchForLife pic.twitter.com/gbZDlWXD

BBNU5YGCUAAUsU4.jpg

Don't they believe that you go to heaven if you die before you're old enough to sin? Shouldn't they be happy about those 55 million fetus souls?

According to her Facebook page, Abigail is worried that she won't be able to bring her kids to the march in DC because there might be a snowstorm. Quelle domage.

Of course, Abigail will be mad if she can't take the kids to the march. She loves hanging out with priests and nuns. If she does go, she will probably hang out at the "Priests for Life" booth.

Don't they believe that you go to heaven if you die before you're old enough to sin? Shouldn't they be happy about those 55 million fetus souls?

Catholics believe if you die unbaptized, your soul goes to pergatory.

bed2dda0655611e2ab6822000a1fbc38_6.jpg

[ @ ] scottymchotty123 Like my turtle neck? Or my bitch? @scspinn4776 #sexy #babe #whitey #marchforlife 2h

[ @ ] beau_morris Are u at march for life? 1h

Such God fearing young men. Bless their hearts.

The pink silly band looks like a fetus smoking from a bong while farting a heart.

Somehow, I don't think that's what they were going for.

This made me lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA: Treemom I read your story back when I was still a lurker. I am so sorry you have had to see all of this stupidity the past couple of days.

This made me lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA: Treemom I read your story back when I was still a lurker. I am so sorry you have had to see all of this stupidity the past couple of days.

Thanks. I think what really bothers me is I am not nearly as brave when people know me as I am on here in sharing it.

So I spent the day yesterday wanting to craft something to share on FB on why the 40th anniversary was so very important to me. But I chickened out.

Every time this thread starts to make me feel angry, I go read at http://abortiongang.org/ (not breaking the link because these amazing liberal activists would welcome our hits) and remind myself that for every idiot that thinks a sparkling abortion sign is going to change someone's mind (you know, instead of supporting the programs that would HELP children who are actually in existence) there are a ton of wonderful, brilliant, thoughtful, dedicated men and women who work to keep our access to abortion legal.

d9942168650511e29f3f22000a1f978e_7.jpg

Is it terribly wrong that every time I see this number thrown, the first thing I think of is "Wouldn't the unemployment crisis be a lot worse if all of them were adults?."?

Is it terribly wrong that every time I see this number thrown, the first thing I think of is "Wouldn't the unemployment crisis be a lot worse if all of them were adults?."?

Crime would also be a lot worse. The first chapter of Freakonomics is about how Roe v. Wade had the unintended effect of lowering crime rates. I liked the end of that chapter, when the authors emphasized that this is not about eugenics--it means that, when given the opportunity, women are mostly accurate at predicting whether or not they can parent a child adequately.

Crime would also be a lot worse. The first chapter of Freakonomics is about how Roe v. Wade had the unintended effect of lowering crime rates. I liked the end of that chapter, when the authors emphasized that this is not about eugenics--it means that, when given the opportunity, women are mostly accurate at predicting whether or not they can parent a child adequately.

I haven't read Freakonomics, but when I was in college I read an article about crime rates going down in countries after abortion was legalized.

Archived