IGNORED

March for Life 2013 Instagram and Twitter Watch Thread

lilwriter85

I'm letting prolifecon stream waiting for smuggles to show up. There are seriuosly 25 people in the room and possibly Anna in the back row. I'm assuming Smugsy went to find the snack table?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette 'til your last dying day :whistle:

Oooh, a West Side Story reference. Love that movie, but now I have Maria in my head and it's gonna be there for a while. I'd just gotten rid of MmmmBop. The torture! Darn you *shaking fist*

Wait, did anyone catch smugly at the convention? It appears to be over!

He must've been early because I had it on for most of it (about 45 minutes in) until it ended. (I wasn't watching, just kept listening in hopes of catching him...

Wait! Someone is using a rebel flag to represent the sanctity of life?

I can't even....

1944e06a670211e2b1f822000a1f9751_6.jpg

SODRT FAIL!

No kidding!

I'm not even an American and know that Paul Revere wasn't a Pilgrim. Good Hell!

Smuggles tweeted this:

BBeDjiJCEAAj8NV.jpg

Are those the same people we saw in the earlier pic? I'm still perplexed as to why someone who believes they committed murder would stand around smiling with a sign saying so.

Frothy is in that pic, that is part of the reason Josh retweeted it. I bet Frothy invites Josh and Anna to one of the Catholic events going on and they probably tell him no.

Frothy is in that pic, that is part of the reason Josh retweeted it. I bet Frothy invites Josh and Anna to one of the Catholic events going on and they probably tell him no.

I thought that looked like him. Figures he'd be there.

I thought that looked like him. Figures he'd be there.

Wait, wait, so he REGRETS the abortion his wife had to save her life? :? :roll: Seriously, 'the only moral abortion is MY abortion!' rhetoric is nauseating.

Frothy is the type that will go to as many anti-choice events as he can. Frothy's attitude regarding abortion turned off some of my Republican relatives.

Smuggles tweeted this:

BBeDjiJCEAAj8NV.jpg

Are those the same people we saw in the earlier pic? I'm still perplexed as to why someone who believes they committed murder would stand around smiling with a sign saying so.

The thing that bothers me about those people is lots of people do things they regret later in life. Like, I regret turning down one of the colleges that accepted me. But that doesn't mean I'm going to make everyone who gets accepted there go there.

Wait, wait, so he REGRETS the abortion his wife had to save her life? :? :roll: Seriously, 'the only moral abortion is MY abortion!' rhetoric is nauseating.

REGRETSY_zps7c0aa68a.jpg

Catholic organization LifeTeen has an IG account. I know a few people who were involved with LT and seeing these pics brings back memories for me. I went to a few LT events as a teenager. The events weren't anti-choice related.

f8eb229e671911e28f2522000a9f148e_7.jpg

Smuggles tweeted this:

BBeDjiJCEAAj8NV.jpg

What bothers me is that I have a friend (no, really...) who got pregnant a few years ago. She has hep C and a bunch of health problems. She *does* regret her abortion, and it was a good year or more before she was functional outside her grief (the health problems, I believe, contributed to how long it took her to come to terms with her decision).

The problem is that she couldn't regret the decision she was forced to make around most people. She couldn't talk about it, because of all the pro-life rhetoric.

Yet another time where the pro-life people actually harm women.

There are some prolife types who do support abortion in cases where the mother's life is in danger. Some of my relatives are like that. Sometime back on Josh or Anna's IG, there was a pic of Josh speaking at a Salvation Army event. One person on the comments complained to J or A about Salvation Army not being 100% pro life because they are ok with abortion in cases of health risks, incest, and rape. Since the election, I keep thinking about that incident involving Mitt Romney during his LDS bishop days. In the late 80s/early 90s, a member of Mitt's ward got pregnant and was advised to abort because of health risks. The women said it was difficult time for her and her husband. They also had four or five other kids. Romeny tried to talk them out of aborting. It bugged me because Romney said his only concerns were for the unborn baby and he had no concern for the other children the couple had. Overall, the "never abort" pro life types are the ones that annoy me the most.

Yeah, you'd think they could at least practice a solemn look in front of the mirror. They regret their abortions but they're just overjoyed to tell you about it!

648644a2672411e2a2c122000a1f9d4d_6.jpg

So just because you did it I should be forced to?

But if you've been aborted you wouldn't know anyway! :doh: All these pro lifers focus on is the what-ifs. They never actually focus on, you know, reality. But then again, who am I using logic with?

f91c720c672011e2828a22000a9f191e_6.jpg

No

I've seen this going around the pro life tumblrs. :? I swear all their signs are sooo unimaginative! It's either

a. fetus/babdy b. I regret abortion c. not your body or d. some quote from the bible

it's like a multiple choice question. Ok kids, we're going to rally for da babies! Pick a letter!

But if you've been aborted you wouldn't know anyway! :doh: All these pro lifers focus on is the what-ifs. They never actually focus on, you know, reality. But then again, who am I using logic with?

my dad always likes to say what if Hitter's mother had an abortion? It's a nice counter to the what if some awesome person was lost because of abortion.

Archived