IGNORED

March for Life 2013 Instagram and Twitter Watch Thread

lilwriter85

The pink silly band looks like a fetus smoking from a bong while farting a heart.

Somehow, I don't think that's what they were going for.

*snort*

And without the context of the other two bracelets, it wouldn't even look like that. It would look like a Silly Band factory worker fell asleep at the bracelet machine.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think they need ideas for ads? This tugs on the heartstrings.

e6o8s5.jpg

DAMNIT I am such a sucker for googly eyes and lolspeak! :D

I used to go to things like this. I am rather ashamed of that now. It really did no good for anything or anyone except to make us feel like we were better than the ebil baby killers.

f5e4d5ea64cb11e2b20722000a1f97fa_6.jpg

Are you fucking kidding me? Too bad my sock on instagram is a 15 year old naive homeschooler or I'd seriously rip into this woman. Rape??? Incest??? Coercion? Not every pregnancy is the result of a party.

You know, a baby isn't a freaking puppy that you give someone just so you can stand over them later and say, "Maybe next time you won't take on a responsibility that has to be fed every day." (Not that that's a nice way to treat a puppy.) It's not "frivolous" to either have a child or not have one. It's not self-indulgent to consider how a new sibling will affect your existing kids or family, or to consider what kind of parent you could be, or what kind of life your child could have.

And if this lady is an L&D nurse, that means that even if she never works with women obtaining abortions, she does work with women who are giving birth to babies they are giving up for adoption. Does she think they're just trying to preserve their self-indulgent, frivolous lifestyles? Does she respect their feelings of loss, or the difficulty of the situation? When an adoptive mother is sad because her baby is leaving for another family, does she think, "Yeah, not wanting to do this is totally frivolous"?

6f2a4f2c64cf11e284fa22000a1f9c87_6.jpg

I regret lots of things, including the cinnabon I had for lunch. Doesnt mean I make a sign and stand around smiling telling people they shouldn't do it. I REGRET MY LUNCH!

I regret the Pad Thai I had Sunday night, especially because I spent all day yesterday on the couch with a fever and intermittent nausea and other gastrointestinal distress. But that doesn't mean all plates of Pad Thai have the same outcome. I'm just glad there aren't groups who go around trying to guilt people who choose Pad Thai, claiming it's the cause of all food poisoning or that every dish of Pad Thai results in food poisoning, and that on top of feeling food poisoned I should also feel really bad on a deep moral level.

89e564c264f311e2a7d622000a9e298f_7.jpg

[ @ ] dlaura_hernandez Today marks the 40th anniversary of the Roe V. Wade decision, legalizing abortions in the u.s. 57 millions have died since 1973. lets continue to pray for all this inocent children of God. #prolife #roevwade ready for #marchforlife2013 2h

d9942168650511e29f3f22000a1f978e_7.jpg

[ @ ] seamus_gildea Ok today is the Roe v Wade anniversary but Friday is the #MarchForLife and #GoDarkForLife #prolife 11min

26785bcc650411e294a422000a1f9874_7.jpg

[ @ ] gracie_youngs 8the grade march for life #saintjude #marchforlife #antiabortion #prolife 25min

d24482e0650011e2a9de22000a1f92c9_7.jpg

[ @ ] cgaze3 # statecapitalsteps #marchforlife #endabortion #prolife #chooselife #sister #auntie 50min

I used to go to things like this. I am rather ashamed of that now. It really did no good for anything or anyone except to make us feel like we were better than the ebil baby killers.

So did I, formergothardite, and yeah, I'm ashamed of my participation in them.

I would have said that the pink silly band looks like some kind of lab apparatus, but I like Bloo's idea better of a fetus smoking a bong and farting a heart.

e26c7356650711e295e122000a9e2965_7.jpg

[ @ ] adriannasayshi My don't forget list! Here I come, DC! Saving babies!

#marchforlife #dc #washingtondc #march #prolife #antiabortion #prolove #freedomfortheunborn #voiceforthevoiceless #life #babies #unforgotten #roevwade #mypassion #helpingthem #iwillfightuntil #abortionisoutlawed #youcantstopme 25min

[ @ ] joely_nicole I think I love you for this... 22min

[ @ ] katemjen Crying because I had to cancel my trip, I'll be praying for you and those innocent babies @adriannasayshi 17min

OK, I think I can make out most of the list. I'm glad to see that her baby saving mission looks a lot like my overnight bag for adulterous fun.

Charger

Phone

Book

Make-up

Shower Stuff

Four shirts

Four Pants

Two pair pajamas

Facewash/toothbrush

Socks

hair (illegible)

So... she has no shoes, no underwear, and no bra. She does, however, look cute,smell nice, and is ready to take pictures. I'm glad that we have our priorities when stomping on other people's rights.

55a9c6c864ec11e28a2c22000a9f15d9_7.jpg

[ @ ] claire_chic This isn't fashion but you need to know this. Abortion is a real thing and it kills hounders of babies every day. Your mother could have chosen abortion and you wouldn't even he here if she did. So this year I am going to Washington DC to protest in the march of life to make it illegal to do an abortion. Don't chose abortion there is always a better way. 4h

f5948e7064f611e29d3822000a1f90e8_7.jpg

DA FUQ???? "Abortion" all cursive and glittery...

I'm not an art teacher, but this sign makes me want to be one just so I can grade it. "Lacks focal point. Spacial composition needs much work. Less is more. Put away the glitter."

ETA: I sure as hell am not smiling because my mom chose not to abort me. She said she considered it and frankly I wish she'd have done it.

55a9c6c864ec11e28a2c22000a9f15d9_7.jpg

I think they missed a few hot button topics since they're throwing everything against the wall.

Death Penalty

Abortion

Euthenasia

Human trafficking

Adding:

Global Warming

High Gas Prices

Internet Pirating

Gay rights

Animal Cruelty

Foreclosures

Student Loans

Voter Disenfranchisement

High Fructose Corn Syrup

There, that should about cover it.

The Catholic Church is officially against capital punishment, but many conservative Catholics are for it. There are not too many right-wing Catholic that hold with the late Cardinal Bernadin's "seamless garment" ethic of being pro-life. Most of those marchers probably only care about abortion, not capital punishment and human trafficking. Heck, when push come to shove they don't care that much about euthanasia.

Snarkyjan and lilwriter85, I don't think all those kids are participating voluntarily and some of them definitely don't look happy.

I'm sorry that I'm not sorry that I don't have an existential crisis over my mom's considering abortion?

ETA: by the way, nice hashtag watching!

I'm not an art teacher, but this sign makes me want to be one just so I can grade it. "Lacks focal point. Spacial composition needs much work. Less is more. Put away the glitter."

ETA: I sure as hell am not smiling because my mom chose not to abort me. She said she considered it and frankly I wish she'd have done it.

I read the sign as "abortion one another" so I agree on your commentary.

Archived