IGNORED

Atheists Suffer Persecution In Many Parts Of The World

doggie

we see this so much that people can't be trusted unless controlled by a faith. Of course we see so much of the faith that controls others lets them be bad untrustworthy people. But the illusion is ripe and so unreal.

The thing they forget is that to be a good person to be trustworthy to be kind and caring requires one thing absolutely and it has nothing to do with faith. The one thing needed is to be good, honest, caring and trustworthy. If you are not those things your faith does not make you those things.

(Reuters) - Atheists and other religious skeptics suffer persecution or discrimination in many parts of the world and in at least seven nations can be executed if their beliefs become known, according to a report issued on Monday.

The study, from the International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU), showed that "unbelievers" in Islamic countries face the most severe - sometimes brutal - treatment at the hands of the state and adherents of the official religion.

But it also points to policies in some European countries and the United States which favor the religious and their organizations and treat atheists and humanists as outsiders.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/0 ... 68681.html

That is sad. People shouldnt judge or hate eachother because of their beliefs or lack of beliefs.

Why do people think atheists are immoral? If people think that the Bible or the fear of going to hell is the only thing stopping them from killing and raping everyone, theres bigger problems than religion.

This is why I think it's so important to be out as an atheist if it's possible. Sometimes when I tell someone that already knows and loves me that I am an atheist I can see a light go off. It's as if they are (in a small way) no longer able to associate atheism with amoral monsters...if only for a moment.

Being out humanizes the label and helps to combat the idea that the "good ones" are usually religious. Some of the best people that I know are atheists.

That is sad. People shouldnt judge or hate eachother because of their beliefs or lack of beliefs.

Why do people think atheists are immoral? If people think that the Bible or the fear of going to hell is the only thing stopping them from killing and raping everyone, theres bigger problems than religion.

Yes that fear that they have is sometimes the only thing controlling them and even then it is not perfect. If god actually acted on his threats instead of waiting till you die they would be more effective.

But like I said god is not a fool He knows you are faking him. People think beliefs are the only true thing but if you don't live that way I doubt god is fooled.

The fear of atheism stems from fear of nihilism. People assume if you don't believe in God, then you must have no morals and adhere to a philosophy of chaos. It's because religious belief is so deeply ingrained in every culture that people can't relate to someone with no religious beliefs. I live in a conservative area of the country and knew a friend who was an atheist. She was quite hush-hush about it because she fears people would stigmatize her for it. It's funny that some of my friends think I'm an atheist because I don't adhere to any organized religion. There is definitely an ignorance of spiritual belief systems in this country. People want to pigeonhole you into certain religions. Christian, Jews, Buddhist, Muslims. These items people can understand. Once you get outside of that, people start scratching their heads. At the bottom of that confusion is the atheist. People tend to react with revulsion, confusion or pity. People can't get their head around the idea that some don't believe in a God, or an afterlife, or a world where evil people may never face eternal justice. While I can understand not agreeing with the atheist belief, I don't think it makes people immoral or bad. Not everyone need the idea of a divine justice to behave themselves. Some people want to be good for "goodness' sake". Sadly, that concept terrifies some people.

Archived