IGNORED

David and Priscilla updates

Deleted07

I agree with Talitha Cumi, who wrote:

"It's entirely possible that Priscilla has no idea. I was clueless even into college (fundie-lite). The thinking goes like this:

Homosexuality is bad.

Gay people are bad.

My husband is not bad.

Therefore my husband is not gay."

I have a close friend. a conservative Christian (I wouldn't say fundy-lite, though) who used to work for Senator Craig (of airport restroom fame) of Idaho. Her thought process is very similar:

Senator Craig is a nice man.

Senator Craig is good to his wife.

Gays cannot be nice people.

Therefore, Senator Craig can't be gay (or bi).

I really believe that she will believe this until her dying day--unless Larry Craig personally comes out to her.

Larry Craig has always been gay. My father worked with him for years, he and his "wife" came to parties at our house. The airport restroom incident was long overdue (by about 30 years). But people in Idaho often have blinders to homosexuality (well, it's getting better, but they are still largely conservative).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be suprised if Jimbob could name all of his kids out of order, remember how old they are and when their birthday is, let alone know their individual personality outside of a few insignificant traits and gender stereotypes "This one likes pickles" "That ones a girl, so she likes babies and wearing dresses"

He really can't. If you watch the beginning of the On the Road special, he's naming all the kids as they get on the bus. He mixes up the 2 little twins because they are standing "out of order" and nearly forgets Jana's name altogether. Of course, it's not so unusual for parents to call their kids by the wrong name occasionally, but they're certainly not deserving of any kind of special praise for how well they know their kids.

Some girls, especially some Duggar girls, are blessed with a real gift from the Lord for packing Rubbermaid totes for long-range bus travel. They're just really good at it, and they love to serve their family with their God-given clothing and tote-packing skills.

That's the problem the girls are "serving their family" they have no life outside serving the family. It is the parents job to serve the family not the kids.

Some girls, especially some Duggar girls, are blessed with a real gift from the Lord for packing Rubbermaid totes for long-range bus travel. They're just really good at it, and they love to serve their family with their God-given clothing and tote-packing skills.

Wonder if they swap packing tips with the Maxwell girls?

(snip)

She's not smart enough to reject what she's been taught her whole life. Hell, I AM smart (Mensa-level) and I didn't question until college. In my senior year, my geology professor basically came out and said there's scientific support for evolution, but not for creationism. Blew me the fuck away. I believed lots of stupid shit (demons will get you if you listen to rock music or play with a ouija board; backmasking will make you worship the devil; you can get pregnant without having intercourse) because I knew my parents loved me, and my teachers cared about me, so they wouldn't lie to me.

Thank God for college. Even my fundie-lite college emphasized critical thinking. Of course, your thinking was supposed to bring you around to the party line. But still.

And this, my fellow FJers, is what fundies have against college educations.

That is pathetic. Yeah, sometimes parents get their kids names mixed up-all girls in my family have K names, and so do one set of cousins, and there are way less of us, even parents with kids with completely unrelated names do it. Normally they realise straight after saying it though, and its more of a brainfart, like when I forgot what the colour green was and kept going to call it blue. I imagine its easy to mix up Jedidiah and Jeremiah because they are twins with names that are only a few letters apart (and also Joy Anna/Johannah/Jana or Josiah/Josie...why so many similar names???), but seriously, it wouldnt surprise me if they have to ask the kids which one they are or struggle to remember the kids name after a few tries.

Surely he has time to recognise Jana though, as shes been around for longer than the others, although he might not have spoken to her one on one since she was 10.

Ok, finally got around to watching the snowman and valentines videos and listening to the journey to the heart podcast. I really don't think Priscilla is developmentally delayed or intellectually disabled, but she definitely seems to have below-average intelligence and David seems to be above-average. They are a total mis-match in that way. And it TOTALLY seems like David is annoyed with Pris in both videos, like he is thinking "you are so DUMB" while he tries to pretend everything is peachy-keen. She seems head over heels in love with him and he seems to be barely tolerating her.

Wonder if they swap packing tips with the Maxwell girls?

I'll bet they could create a whole series of fascinating blog and guest-blog posts about it! :lol:

I'll bet they could create a whole series of fascinating blog and guest-blog posts about it! :lol:

With tons of fascinating photos! And maybe there could be a Moody book about it!

ETA: "Packing With the Moodys". You know, because the titles of those damned books are never the slightest bit creative.

She seems head over heels in love with him and he seems to be barely tolerating her.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him. He must be wondering how it's going to be with umpteen kids and Priscilla responsible to manage the household and effectively homeschool. Maybe they, like the Duggars, can find friends/sisters/sisters-in-law to help out.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him. He must be wondering how it's going to be with umpteen kids and Priscilla responsible to manage the household and effectively homeschool. Maybe they, like the Duggars, can find friends/sisters/sisters-in-law to help out.

I can't bring myself to feel any pity for him. He's a smug tool and he's not stupid. He's the one who should have known better.

And who writes shit like this about themselves?

My little stature, winsome nature, and doting siblings did not ensure the development of good character in my life. In fact, at an early age I began to see that no one had to teach me how to sin, I did it quite naturally. It was toward the end of my third year of life that I recognized I was a sinner and that the punishment for sin is eternal separation from God in a horrible place of torment that He calls hell.

Winsome nature? A three year old recognizing his own sinful nature? Its little Pecan Waller and his siblings-to-be I feel badly for.

JenniferJuniper, I found that passage eyebrow-raising. Together with Mr. Keller's internet-usage stipulation, it really makes you wonder what his sinful proclivities are.

Ok, finally got around to watching the snowman and valentines videos and listening to the journey to the heart podcast. I really don't think Priscilla is developmentally delayed or intellectually disabled, but she definitely seems to have below-average intelligence and David seems to be above-average. They are a total mis-match in that way. And it TOTALLY seems like David is annoyed with Pris in both videos, like he is thinking "you are so DUMB" while he tries to pretend everything is peachy-keen. She seems head over heels in love with him and he seems to be barely tolerating her.

Now I'm hearing David as Antoine Dodson -- and it's an improvement, really.

dumb_zpsfe6400b3.gif

David often acts like Priscilla is a cute, feeble-minded pet who needs to be encouraged, read to, and patted on the head.

[and perhaps if she piddles on the rug, he'll scold her & rub her nose in it]

Compare that to how Chad Paine seems to genuinely adore Erin Bates-- he wants to just BE with her, not train her. I think if there was bible reading in their marriage, they'd take turns--or one would read out loud while the other washes dishes/changes the baby/knits/whatever. [and yes, I can see Chad changing a diaper once in a while]

I picture David reading aloud with Prissy sitting quietly and staring adoringly at him.

David might not realize how effeminate he sounds. Have any of you heard his friend Robert Staddon speak? Very similar. Not quite as effeminate, but close. They probably mirror each other and neither may be aware at how they sound to outsiders.

If you're feeling masochistic, have a listen to this Journey to the Heart Interview he hosts (includes some Duggar girls as well as Anna & Priscilla):

livingthejourney.com/wp-content/audio/Podcast_09-10-11.mp3

Edited for spelling. And to add linkage.

Holy christ.

I thought David was speaking at first. Crazy similar. And Priscilla sounds like she's so carefully pronouncing every syllable so as not to mess up. Or maybe because she's reading them and doesn't immediately know how the letters sound out loud. Even the journey to the heart leader or whoever it was. It's like their own dialect. I could even hear a bit of it in Jana, but it definitely wasn't as pronounced.

:shock:

Holy christ.

I thought David was speaking at first. Crazy similar. And Priscilla sounds like she's so carefully pronouncing every syllable so as not to mess up. Or maybe because she's reading them and doesn't immediately know how the letters sound out loud. Even the journey to the heart leader or whoever it was. It's like their own dialect. I could even hear a bit of it in Jana, but it definitely wasn't as pronounced.

:shock:

Uncanny. To paraphrase the Kinks, they clearly aren't the world's most masculine men.

Kool-Aid Jill sounds like a 6 year old.

Poor Jana.

Larry Craig has always been gay. My father worked with him for years, he and his "wife" came to parties at our house. The airport restroom incident was long overdue (by about 30 years). But people in Idaho often have blinders to homosexuality (well, it's getting better, but they are still largely conservative).

This is the absolute truth. I live in what we lovingly call the "armpit" of Idaho. Despite having a university and a fairly vocal LGBT community the majority of people in my part of the state seem to think if they just ignore those pesky gays they will just go away. Therefore, a proposed change to the city's policies to protect all residents regardless of sexual orientation will keep getting tabled and one of my dear friends will have to worry about being attacked when he goes out at night. Oh, and rodeo season is upon us so things will get worse for a while.

Uncanny. To paraphrase the Kinks, they clearly aren't the world's most masculine men.

Kool-Aid Jill sounds like a 6 year old.

Poor Jana.

Are you trying to make lo mien noodles come out of my nose?

I am currently listening to the podcast and what strikes me the most about prissy's speech is the uneven cadence. Some of her words are rushed and slurred, and others are drawn out and over-enunciated.

The (staddon?) boy conducting the interview also over-enunciates. It's like when one is trying to speak in a foreign language and pronounces every syllable and separates each word....am I making sense?

It's certainly odd sounding. As if they don't understand the nuances of their own language.

I can't bring myself to feel any pity for him. He's a smug tool and he's not stupid. He's the one who should have known better.

And who writes shit like this about themselves?

My little stature, winsome nature, and doting siblings did not ensure the development of good character in my life. In fact, at an early age I began to see that no one had to teach me how to sin, I did it quite naturally. It was toward the end of my third year of life that I recognized I was a sinner and that the punishment for sin is eternal separation from God in a horrible place of torment that He calls hell.

Winsome nature? A three year old recognizing his own sinful nature? Its little Pecan Waller and his siblings-to-be I feel badly for.

Who remembers what they did when they were 3 years old? I sure don't. I vaguely remember what I did when I was in kindergarten, let alone what I was thinking about. When I was 3 years old (per my mother), I was concerned with playing and avoiding veggies. LOL Maybe I'm in the minority in not remembering my toddler years, but I highly question David's recollections of how he discovered he was a sinner.

And who exactly says they have a winsome nature? He seems very full of himself.

When I was 3 I was convinced monsters lived in the closet and the basement, santa was real, and sesame street was a real place. I'm quite sure I had no fucking idea what HELL was, who or what "god" is, or what the fuck sin means. I was working really hard on sleeping through the night so I could have a cabbage patch kid.

Who remembers what they did when they were 3 years old? I sure don't. I vaguely remember what I did when I was in kindergarten, let alone what I was thinking about. When I was 3 years old (per my mother), I was concerned with playing and avoiding veggies. LOL Maybe I'm in the minority in not remembering my toddler years, but I highly question David's recollections of how he discovered he was a sinner.

And who exactly says they have a winsome nature? He seems very full of himself.

I sure don't remember things from when I was three though Mr. Nokidsmom says he does and the memories are limited to sitting on his rocking horse and his younger sister coming home from being born in the hospital, meaning suddenly there was this baby around. It certainly wasn't anything on the level of realizing one's sin and that there was this place called hell.

Sorry, David, but this is just flat out lying, however lofty and pious sounding.

This is the absolute truth. I live in what we lovingly call the "armpit" of Idaho. Despite having a university and a fairly vocal LGBT community the majority of people in my part of the state seem to think if they just ignore those pesky gays they will just go away. Therefore, a proposed change to the city's policies to protect all residents regardless of sexual orientation will keep getting tabled and one of my dear friends will have to worry about being attacked when he goes out at night. Oh, and rodeo season is upon us so things will get worse for a while.

I'm sure we know a lot of the same people. Idaho isn't all that big.

I do think David is full of shit with acting like he had such a clear understanding of his own nature when he was a child. More likely, it's similar to the scenario I was faced when I was 3. I was being brought up in an IFB church, and had apparently heard enough of how if you aren't saved, you burn in hell forever. It caught my attention - I was just a little kid who knew I didn't want to go to hell. So I asked my mom if I prayed the prayer to get saved, but if the only reason I did it was to not go to hell when I died, not because I loved Jesus, would I still be saved. She said yes, and that was that. I said my little prayer. But I STILL spent my childhood being concerned for the safety of my soul, as that's all those people pound into you. It's really a sick, sick thing to do to a child. So anyway, my guess is that David wasn't convicted of his sin nature, he was just scared of going to hell and knew he did "bad" things, because that's what he was told. He definitely IS full of himself, and a giant douche in my opinion.

I have only one memory that I'm pretty sure is from age 3. It's of Petula Clark's "Downtown" being played on the kitchen radio, and me sitting at the table thinking "They play that song too much." So trivial, but that's how memories can be.

Unless David's talking out of his arse (and I wouldn't rule that out), his memories were planted by someone else. No three year old can grasp the concept of sin or heaven and hell, not even if his parents are indoctrinating him 24/7. Although it's a wonder he didn't take it a step further and claim to have accepted Jesus as his personal savior when he was still in diapers.

"Winsome". He's such a tool.

I have a treasured report card from Catholic nursery school that says I "prayed with fervor." Bwwwwwwaaaaaahaaaaa!!

I have no memories that religious phase of mine.

David is indeed full of shit; no one has theological memories from age 3.

Archived