IGNORED

David and Priscilla updates

Deleted07

I have been on the fence about Pris having a learning disability/lingering issues from prematurity/other cognitive disability, but the video really makes me think she does. David explains his sheep thing and Pris goes on to reiterate what he said, but it's so clumsy & broken up by pauses, sighs, and thinking eye rolls--not to mention rather coarse use of the word "stupid" rather than David's euphemistic "not the smartest"--that it actually makes David's version sound eloquent. I also felt an allusion to Pris & David's own relationship in the idea of a stupid, defenseless sheep needing to listen to the word of a shepherd to be protected & steered in the right direction...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

davidlovespriscilla.com/files/et_temp/2013-02-23_16-12-41_979-757013_462x306.jpg

Priscillas belly is soooo huuuuge!! :shock: whoa!

How can a fetus sin? They dont do anything in there and cant think about things. Its not like hes in there thinking "I hate you mom and dad, when I am born I am going to cry non stop for the first 6 months of my life, then when I am a teenager I think I might get a tattoo and date guys you dont like behind your back, then run off to go and live with one of my normal cousins"

When does original sin kick in? At the moment of conception? Since that's full-on "life" for most conservative Christians? If so, that fetus is in there sinning away, right? Even though he can't think yet. Or are we not tainted with Eve's rebellion until we exit the womb?

:think:

<>

I was thinking she looked fully baked as well. I dont think it will be long.

What the holy fuck is with the baby sketch inside of an egg up on the wall? And why is it posed like "the thinking man?"

<>

What the holy fuck is with the baby sketch inside of an egg up on the wall? And why is it posed like "the thinking man?"

Oh my yes the stupid drawing freaked me out too!! It's so disgusting with the umbilical cord...

Everytime I look at it, I could swear they pumped her up with photoshop

Holy hell. Can you imagine being a smart, unconvinced fundie teen sent to Journey of the Heart and being presented with Priscilla as your "leader" and "teacher"???

Probably one reason why gothardism won't last long. The 2nd gen can't even convince the 3rd gen to be quiverfull!

When does original sin kick in? At the moment of conception? Since that's full-on "life" for most conservative Christians? If so, that fetus is in there sinning away, right? Even though he can't think yet. Or are we not tainted with Eve's rebellion until we exit the womb?

We were taught at church that you didn't sin until you reached the maturity level to know you were doing wrong. However, this isn't as fair and innocent as it sounds.

I was helping out in children's church about two years ago when my step-cousin, who was about 9 at the time, asked when people started sinning. The preacher's wife informed him that SHE thought he was old enough to know better, and therefore was a sinner. She then felt it was appropriate and necessary to tell him that he would go to hell if he was in a car accident on the way home from church.

Seriously, she told a NINE-YEAR-OLD that he was going to hell.

<>

I was trying to figure out what that was -- a sketch or maybe some kind of weird clay relief? It's hard to see it. And then I thought maybe it was done on a paper plate (fundies love paper plates!) and then stapled to another one to make the shape of a heart? Holy crap -- what IS that and who made it?

And her tummy is big, but pregnancy will do that to you! She's probably close to giving birth (although the baby still looks high, but that can change in a matter of days and hopefully that will happen for her). She's a naive simple-minded dim wit, but I wish a safe healthy birth for her.

Seriously or is this a joke?

Seriously. Someone actually wrote a paper on it, but it costs 30$ to read it. I'm going to try and access it through my university's portal.

ETA I can only access papers that reference it, not the paper itself. Here it is, anyway:

Giorgi, G. & Siccardi, M. (1996). Ultrasonographic observation of

a female fetus’ sexual behavior in utero. American Journal of

Obstetrics & Gynecology, 175(3), 753.

How else can a fetus "sin?" Its not like it can take the name of the lord in vain, murder, steal...

The foetus has been nourished on pilfered pecans. What with the sins of the parents being passed to the child and his very flesh created from the fruits of larceny, they can't be too careful.

How can a fetus sin? They dont do anything in there and cant think about things. Its not like hes in there thinking "I hate you mom and dad, when I am born I am going to cry non stop for the first 6 months of my life, then when I am a teenager I think I might get a tattoo and date guys you dont like behind your back, then run off to go and live with one of my normal cousins"

None of us remember our lives as fetuses. Maybe that is what happens. :o

"Can you hear the foetus sin, no-o, no-o

Can you hear the foetus sin, no-o, no-o

Can you hear the foetus sin

Cannae hear a fuckin' thing

Can you hear the foetus sin, no-o, no-o"

;)

Hahaha, who commented with this?

"What a blessed blessing this post was.

A Shepherd should always show his sheep the true path. It then allows the Shepherd to share better sweat fellowship with his sheep which is a true blessing.

Blessings to you both

Stevie M"

Cracked me up!

We were taught at church that you didn't sin until you reached the maturity level to know you were doing wrong. However, this isn't as fair and innocent as it sounds.

I was helping out in children's church about two years ago when my step-cousin, who was about 9 at the time, asked when people started sinning. The preacher's wife informed him that SHE thought he was old enough to know better, and therefore was a sinner. She then felt it was appropriate and necessary to tell him that he would go to hell if he was in a car accident on the way home from church.

Seriously, she told a NINE-YEAR-OLD that he was going to hell.

We had a visiting preacher from the US come to our church when I was a child. I was 6 and they showed us that horrendous movie about the rapture. I was fucking terrified and at the end of it the preacher said that if I wasn't saved I would go to hell. Six years old.

Seriously or is this a joke?

I had a boat load of ultrasounds at the end of my pregnancy with my son. EVERY FRICKIN' time - he had his hand on his penis! We always got a chuckle out of it! :banana-dance:

Today, we took a little time to put up a portion of a Bible verse from John 10:27. The verse quotes Jesus when He said, “My sheep hear my voice…†There are many analogies in the Bible used to illustrate principles of truth. This illustration is not a very flattering one. Jesus likens believers to sheep. Having raised a few myself while growing up I know that they are not the smartest animals in the world.

OK, I think I get it...dumb animal, unflattering verse. So then why did he choose the sheep theme for his son's bedroom, paste the verse on the wall, and film Priscilla (don't want to know how long that took) trying to explain it? My mind hurts.

_TK9_p_QuPw

OK, so both David and Priss liken themselves, christians and their child to sheep, andimals they define as "dumb." So all people should blindly just listen to a voice they hear in their heads? Awesome analogy!

Also... um... Priss.... you're concerned about your unborn child sinning??? At the end of the video she says they read the bible because the baby needs to hear "the word" at a young age and that sin will keep him from god... Is your baby having impure thoughts? Perhaps about pecans?

:doh:

Does their particular brand of fundie believe what this Fundie RC blogger believes?

Even during the months of expectant waiting for a child's birth, however, parents must be conscious of fostering conditions in the family that will accustom their unborn child to the things of the Faith. Children in the womb will be able to recognize the pattern of the daily Rosary once they acquire the ability to hear. They will recognize the glories of Gregorian chant and the joys of a Solemn High Mass. Even though their little souls are still captive to the devil by means of Original Sin, preborn children can be taught much about the Faith in the months before they are born. Remember, Saint John the Baptist leapt for joy in Saint Elizabeth's womb when he heard the voice of Our Lady, who was carrying the One Whose precursor he was meant to be. Oh, yes, children can learn much in the womb.

And this:

Even if the child dies before or during birth the child's existence was an actual reality. The child will always be the son or daughter of a particular set of parents no matter whether he is in Limbo, or, having been baptized validly immediately after birth, is in Heaven.

christorchaos.com/BorntoGiveBirthtoUsAll.htm

-And, while I can't document it I used to participate in a webgroup where one member explained often that miscarried children would go to heaven or hell based on a variation of predestination because God knew how they would have turned out if they had survived BUT it was mostly based on if their parents were "good" Christians or not.

So many ways to get tangled in the weeds.

I had a boat load of ultrasounds at the end of my pregnancy with my son. EVERY FRICKIN' time - he had his hand on his penis! We always got a chuckle out of it! :banana-dance:

Its good to see that little boys are doing what comes naturally.

Archived