IGNORED

Church Prays for Deceased Baby for 15hrs B4 Calling 911

mrs

Be afraid...be very afraid. The whole premise of their preaching. And yet, the series (totaling almost 18 hrs so far) starts out about perfect love and ends with worthiness.

I am just relieved that I am not responsible for judging others. And, after a bad day, others should be glad that I don't make those kinds of calls!! Kind of like the article I read, "God called and wants His job back."

As a Christian myself, I find their conception of Christ to be, well, OFF. Jesus said, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light" and to some, “Woe to you... For you load people with burdens hard to bear." Yet these guys seem to have an entire purpose of making being a Christian a huge ordeal, a huge weight to bear.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

byHisgrace58, I think about you and your family often. I really hope everything works out for all parties involved with this group.

I am not a theologian, but I agree, being a follower of Christ should make your life better.

I listened to a few minutes of a recent one. God is painted in such an astonishingly mean and cruel light, all I could think of was how for the first time in my life, Heaven doesn't seem like such a great place. If God is that horrible and condemning and fearsome and punishing, why would I want to meet him?

Another testimony posted...another family condemned.

They condemn the "world-wide web", yet they use Facebook, Instagram, a website and advertise their businesses on it. So, anyone who uses it...BUT THEM... Is evil? Help me understand this!

• 1 month later...

byHisgrace,

Hope you are still lurking around here... and I send you good thoughts and prayers.

I also want to keep this thread alive, because COW seemingly manages somehow to stop any commentary that they don't like, pretty much anywhere on the internet.

Wondering if the authorities have done any more investigating, and if the new DA (if I remember from earlier in the thread) will file any charges.

Other topic: After a preliminary hearing, the Schaibles (not COW, but discussed earlier in this thread) have been ordered to stand trial for 3rd degree murder for their 2nd child's death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/1 ... 26944.html

(Crazy twist to the story: Their "pastor" blames the Schaible for the child's death, based on "spiritual lack" in the Schaibles' lives). :roll:

I am still around...hard to get rid of me!

I think that is why my daughter was "cast from camp" after the death of the baby. She had sine in her life? Did they blame her? Really!?

I think that is why my daughter was "cast from camp" after the death of the baby. She had sine in her life? Did they blame her? Really!?

I didn't realize this part of it. What exactly did they do to her?

So not only did she labor and deliver without support (professional or otherwise), she lost her baby, and as a grieving mother she was "cast from camp". Under the leadership of a man who is neither a husband nor a father. Gah.

Must be some powerful brainwashing going on there, that she can't see a problem with all that... including the fact that the ultimate outcome (hopefully NOT!!) would be that her own daughters end up in the same predicament.

OR if not brainwashing, coercion...

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Husband and I just moved after 16 yrs in the same house. Found some great photos, cards, etc. We had a good cry. When they left, they didn't take any of her wedding pictures. I had forgotten that she had some of her bridal portraits done on the fire truck with her dad (he was Houston FD captain).

On a positive note, our son and his wife are expecting their first in a couple of weeks. A boy. God is good...

Husband and I just moved after 16 yrs in the same house. Found some great photos, cards, etc. We had a good cry. When they left, they didn't take any of her wedding pictures. I had forgotten that she had some of her bridal portraits done on the fire truck with her dad (he was Houston FD captain).

On a positive note, our son and his wife are expecting their first in a couple of weeks. A boy. God is good...

Good thoughts on the soon-to-be-born grandson. :D

Congrats on the new baby!

Would there be any point in contacting someone who specializes in getting people out of cults? I know this group wouldn't let such a person in, but I guess they are used to that and have ways to get around it?

I have actually contemplated that. One of the girls who "escaped" actually went back. Does the control make them feel accepted? I just don't get it at all.

Thought about hiring a private investigator but Wells is so small, a stranger would stand out. So incredibly frustrated...

byhisgrace, I'm glad to see you still posting! I think about you and your family a lot. I'm so sorry your daughter got sucked into this horrible cult. I wish I had some advice to help you. Congratulations on your grandbaby on the way! Hugs!

• 2 weeks later...
The young woman who left and went back has now gone home again. Such wonderful news!

Good to hear!

Your daughter is still there, right? Being "Cast from the camp" doesn't mean they kicked her out?

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter and grandbabies are still there. Being "cast from camp" meant that she was not allowed to worship with them until she repented of whatever sin it was they perceived in her...

My daughter and grandbabies are still there. Being "cast from camp" meant that she was not allowed to worship with them until she repented of whatever sin it was they perceived in her...

:-(

Nothing like kicking someone who is already down.

• 3 weeks later...

byHisgrace85, do you have any updates?

I have been thinking about you and your family. I am sending prayers your way.

ETA a word.

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone is still interested but, if you get a chance, check out the group website. They have a family that is not going to give up. Now the press is involved. If you want a few good chuckles, listen to some of their audio messages...they had to record their side. And, of course, their side is right and everyone else is wrong. Go figger...

Not sure if anyone is still interested but, if you get a chance, check out the group website. They have a family that is not going to give up. Now the press is involved. If you want a few good chuckles, listen to some of their audio messages...they had to record their side. And, of course, their side is right and everyone else is wrong. Go figger...

Yes, still interested. I would like to see this thread stay alive, if for no other reason than to have it come up on a google search. The COW has been remarkably effective at keeping internet discussion to an absolute minimum - to the point that it makes me wonder what influences they have that allow them to do that. (Same influences that allow them to get away with the death of an infant, I suppose).

Anyone who has been accused of the things which we stand accused of deserves self defense, and all people, as in the court of law, should give a just hearing ...

I'm sure he is not talking about the infant death. :cry: Yes, by all means, court of law.

That screed just makes it even more apparent that Sean Wells is a nutcase, running a cult. What's with the attempt at the 1769 KJ English, anyway? And what's with telling the world that Catherine Grove doesn't have "saving faith"?

Wow. Just wow.

I agree, it is important to keep this thread alive. It is a heartbreaking story.

A young lady named Catherine left college to join this group. Her parents are fighting the COW. Below are links to the articles, byHisgrace referenced.(You can see clips of the articles without logging in).

lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_ece9bfba-12b7-11e3-a57a-001a4bcf887a.html

ufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_eeaed434-105a-11e3-8c06-001a4bcf887a.html

lufkindailynews.com/opinion/letters/article_f725162e-14e6-11e3-8f14-001a4bcf887a.html

lufkindailynews.com/image_3f3d37a6-12b8-11e3-a948-001a4bcf887a.html

Also, this message board is discussing the articles and COW: faith.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=259

Is there anything these families can do to breakup this "church?" Are cults against the law? Is there anything we can do to help?

ETA: You can read the articles in their entirety if you click the faith message board link and scroll down.

Thanks for the links.

"Cults" are not against US law, partly because of the freedom of religion guaranteed by the US constitution, but also because there is not a hard-and-fast definition of "cult". Just about every group that I define as cult is considered not to be a cult by its leaders and/or members. So these things have to be dealt with on the basis of individual actions that might violate law. For example, I cannot understand how failure to get medical care, thereby resulting in the death of a baby, does not violate laws regarding manslaughter by negligence, if not by direct action.

I've been trying to understand that for over a year. And, yet, no one does anything.

I think of you periodically. As a mother, and grandmother, myself, I cannot imagine.

Archived