IGNORED

Church Prays for Deceased Baby for 15hrs B4 Calling 911

mrs

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still an open case as far as I know.

On another note, how do I get rid of the little phrase under my name? That really bothers me since I have condemned with the same words so many times...

It's still an open case as far as I know.

On another note, how do I get rid of the little phrase under my name? That really bothers me since I have condemned with the same words so many times...

It changes depending on how many posts you have. If you reach 5 posts, it will change to something else.

the little phrase under my name? That really bothers me since I have condemned with the same words so many times...

I liked it when mine said "Tater Tot."

Couldn't agree more, apple1.

I don't know exactly what "extra-Biblical" means, but I assume it's literal, outside of the Bible?

"...we knew that there had been those who had "received their dead raised to life again" by faith not only in biblical history but also in extra-biblical church history..."

• How do they know? He doesn't say.

• What church history? Who's church history? Where?

• And why?

In the end, here's how it boils down as far as I'm concerned.

If people really believed in God's Will - really had the true conviction of faith - they wouldn't ask favors of God. They'd accept their destiny as what was intended. They wouldn't feel the need to pray hard, and then harder, to get God to grant them wishes.

It reduces religion to so much wizardry and a giant grand Sorcerer. A waving of the wand and poof! - wish granted.

That's magic; that's not faith.

That said, I do believe in prayer, the benefits and the power of it. But not this way. I have an appreciation for the laying on of hands and the collective positive energy. But not that it channels the Great Wizard.

And they'd all appreciate that God has provided resources to be used.

Doctors, healers, medicine are the answer to their forking prayers. There are plenty of ways available to cure illness, plenty of different remedies. Those are the answer to their prayers.

:text-yeahthat: Why don't fundies see that God's answer to their prayers is doctors and medicine? It just boggles my mind.

Did you ever see anything in your son-in-law's personality that could have foretold he would turn extremist?

Did you ever see anything in your son-in-law's personality that could have foretold he would turn extremist?

The summer before they joined, we had a couple of disagreements over some theology issues, namely whether a born-again Christian can lose their salvation. I just chalked it up to "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing." Now I can see an intensity, almost an underlying anger that I would disagree with him. Hindsight truly is 20/20!

It looks like (from what limited info I have read on the internet) the leadership of this group (or at least a portion of the leadership) was Baylor-educated. (??) Baylor is a rather mainstream-Baptist-affiliated university, and Baylor has a well known and highly reputed Medical Center as part of its organization.

Do you have any idea what caused the leadership to reject such a mainstream belief system and to espouse their current beliefs?

How did your family members meet and get involved with the group?

(Again, please feel free to ignore any questions that you feel it would be unwise to answer).

All the parents have asked themselves the same question. My son-in-law was very good friends with Cory, Sean Morris' cousin. In fact, Cory lived with my daughter and son-in-law while he was courting his wife.

ByHisGrace,

I'm so sorry these circumstances brought you here. I hope that you find the support you need at this forum. There are a lot of good people here.

I'm sorry for your losses.

byHisGrace, I am so so sorry for your loss. I truly am. And I want you to know how much I appreciate you sharing what you can about this situation.

Thank you for making me feel welcome and for your expressions of compassion on the loss of Faith. I want only for everyone to realize it can happen in the blink of an eye, with no warning. We literally never saw it coming. Please feel free to ask and I will make every attempt to give as many answers as I can. I am very guarded about what I post publicly as it is twisted, taken out of context and used to condemn me.

Well I read all of that 50-page diatribe and it sounded to me like the only things you were guilty of were enjoying Disney letting your daughter watch movies. You heathen, you.

;)

Thank you for making me feel welcome and for your expressions of compassion on the loss of Faith. I want only for everyone to realize it can happen in the blink of an eye, with no warning. We literally never saw it coming. Please feel free to ask and I will make every attempt to give as many answers as I can. I am very guarded about what I post publicly as it is twisted, taken out of context and used to condemn me.

The phrase I bolded seems wise.

I hope that we can keep this thread alive for a while, in hopes of waking up public officials so that they will do their job.

So sorry for the loss of your grandbaby the whole thing is just so tragic, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I really hope that your daughter and her family leave this so-called church before any more damage is done.

byhisgrace, I am so sorry for the loss of your grand-daughter, but also of your daughter and other grandchildren. I know they are living, but it sounds like your son-in-law has taken them from you. I somehow made it through all 50 pages, and that was the first I'd heard of any of this. All I could think is that you and your husband sound like wonderful parents. Pretty crazy when you can read between the lines on 50 pages of criticisms and see that! I hope that your daughter and grandchildren will somehow be able to get away from this madness.

I was struck by the video of the serial killer's brother speaking. He sounded like the FLDS in TX sound. Monotone. Brainwashed. What is going on in that place?

It sounds like you have found support from some other parents who have children also in this cult. I'm sure that has to be helpful, since they are the only ones who can really understand.

eta: We are trying to save right now for a trip to Disney. It makes me so sad that something so wonderful that you did for your children was thrown in your face. Also the returning of gifts...does your son-in-law not realize how grateful some people would be if their parents cared enough to give their children gifts??

Just wanted to say, byHisgrace, that I'm so sorry you are suffering through this. :( My family managed to pass through a cult intact, just barely. But many of our friends left family behind when they left, and there are similar concerns there. It has to be horrific. :( I'm so heartbroken for you.

Well I read all of that 50-page diatribe and it sounded to me like the only things you were guilty of were enjoying Disney letting your daughter watch movies. You heathen, you.

;)

Wow, I couldn't make it past the first page.

Yeah, byHisgrace did nothing wrong by taking her child to freaking Disneyland.

Wow, I've seen you post on other forums (yes, I went looking once this group hit my radar) and I'm sorry for what your family is going through.

It's really like these people think god is just waiting till they do everything just right so he can show off how great he is by bringing the child back from the dead. Nothing like thinking you have god on retainer to do your bidding.

I haven't seen anything written about this "church" since this incident. Are they growing in members? Has anyone left?

My fear is that they took it as a sign to DoubleDown on their beliefs and get more single minded than they already were.

I haven't seen anything written about this "church" since this incident. Are they growing in members? Has anyone left? My fear is that they took it as a sign to DoubleDown on their beliefs and get more single minded than they already were.

This (the bolded) concerns me immensely. It seems very odd that, in this day of internet communication, there seems to be nothing out there, except what has been placed on the group's own website. Again, I wonder what the "hold" is that they have on both the media and the authorities. I will grant that, historically, the outcome of the FLDS raid may have them running scared. But, really...

(Even though FJ is a "snark" board, sometimes we are more than just snarkers. For whatever good we can accomplish, I hope that we bring the attention of a few more to this very tragic situation).

It appears that a new DA recently took over in that jurisdiction. Her name is Rachel Patton Phone: 903-683-2573.

distattorney@cocherokee.org

P.O. Box 450

135 S. Main Street 1st Floor Courthouse

Rusk, TX 75785-0450

This is definitely something that needs to be addressed and may have been lost in transition from one administration to the next. We need to correct that. Her background seems to be in child cases, so I dont think we'd hit a wall once we can be sure she's seen it.

Archived