IGNORED

Church Prays for Deceased Baby for 15hrs B4 Calling 911

mrs

Good thoughts on the soon-to-be-born grandson. :D

Hope the newest grandchild is doing well. I'm about to become grandma for the 2nd time - any day now - myself. I so wish your 3 grandchildren in Wells will someday be returned to relationship with you, also. I think the fact that I am a Grandma myself just adds to the strong feelings that this story has stirred up in me... even though I have no one IRL who is involved with COW.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad the new baby is here and doing well! I think I speak for many of us when I say we are still interested and always will be. Hoping for good news about your daughter and grandchildren getting out of there soon!

The COW has been in the news in this area of Texas for a few weeks now on the local news. Some parents have been trying to contact their daughter and get her away from the elders. The parents seemed pretty fundie themselves to me, but they are not quite that cult-y. They have been having

press conferences, rallies, meetings, that sort of thing.

And FYI, did you know notorious serial killer Isreal Keyes is connected to that cult? His mom is a member and he had visited there.

Sociopathic freak.

Starfish, I believe the "elders" come from a fundie lite background.

Very creepy about the serial killer! I think I heard one of the church leaders held a service for another criminal in Alaska?

That might have been for Keyes. He was the one who kidnapped and killed the barista in Alaska. While awaiting trial there,

he committed suicide.

He was caught in Texas around Lufkin, not too far from Wells.

There was a small feature on this group on CNN HLN this evening. Supposedly, more to come tomorrow evening.

I am happy the mainstream media is getting involved. I will continue to keep the families involved in my thoughts and prayers.

There is an interesting comment from the step mother of Cory James McLaughlin, in response to The Wartburg Watch, COW post.

thewartburgwatch.com/2013/09/04/why-is-the-church-of-wells-attracting-scrutiny/#comment-112944

ETA word

Reminder, Church of Wells will be featured on CNN Headline News, Evening Express at 5pm.

Below is a summary of the interview topic to be aired today according to KETK:

Also, Thursday, catch the interviews with Patty and Andy Grove, parents of Catherine Grove, and church elder, Jacob Gardner, on HLN.

26-year-old nursing student, Catherine Grove, disappeared from her home in Fayetteville, Arkansas, on July 2, 2013. After endless attempts to reach their daughter, Catherine's parents, Andy and Patty Grove, finally almost a week later heard her voice.

Patty Grove says, "When she first called us on July 7, it was 11:30 at night and she said I’m in Wells, Texas. I'm with a group of people that are taking good care of me, but mom and dad, I can't listen to you any more, I have to keep my hands over my ears and I can only listen to my ‘elders,’ and that was alarming to us."

The Groves will be conducting an interview with anchors from CNN from the KETK studio and their interview will be aired, Thursday, along with an interview with elder, Jacob Gardner.

Source:ketknbc.com/news/live-on-cnn-headline-news-ketk-covers-the-church-o

I will be watching. I hope everyone else will watch.

ETA:

Check out the comment section of this link: ketknbc.com/news/live-on-cnn-headline-news-ketk-covers-the-church-o

I think the church elder is answering questions in the comment section. He is posting as "jmgardner".

The Church of Wells featured on Dr. Drew:

HLN’s Dr. Drew talks to KETK's Nicole Vowell, Monday night, September 16, at 8:00 p.m., as well as The Grove's about their concerns.

Source: ketknbc.com/news/ketk-to-be-featured-on-dr-drew-on-call-september-1

I will post a link to a video of the show once it is uploaded by HLN.

It seems that this cult (yes, I am calling it a cult) is just now beginning to get a bit of exposure in the mainstream media (local commercial TV, CNN/HLN, etc). Let's hope that the exposure will motivate local law enforcement to do what they should have done about the infant death a very long time ago. Let's hope.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, COW might be promoting the Pearl's book on discipline, "To Train Up a Child."

KJDean49 posted an article about the Williams trial on the Church of Wells /YMBBA Ministries message board. KJDean49 wrote that her daughter(a member of COW),

passed this book out to all of their friends having children. It makes me ill to think my grandchildren are being subjected to this.

(Source: faith.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=141)

I am deeply saddened for the children of COW.

ETA information.

• 3 months later...

Aljazeera America is reporting that Cherokee County has stated that they will not be pressing any charges for the death of baby Faith. (I understand that the statute of limitations will expire in April of this year).

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/show ... wells.html

Additionally, I would like to see this thread kept alive, if for no other reason than the fact that somehow someway, internet criticism of the CoW mysteriously seems to be shut up. Most recently, the internet forum faithboardhost has been disabled when the board owner apparently closed the board as response to extreme trolling.

It is amazing to me the behind the scenes crap the leaders of this cult get away with.

It's true, apple1. We found out over a week ago that the grand jury failed to indict anyone, saying there wasn't enough evidence. We are sickened about them getting away with murder. No accountability whatsoever! And now they know to NOT call 911

It's true, apple1. We found out over a week ago that the grand jury failed to indict anyone, saying there wasn't enough evidence. We are sickened about them getting away with murder. No accountability whatsoever! And now they know to NOT call 911

I am so sorry.

Archived