IGNORED

The Official Free Jinger US Election Day Thread

Alecto

So much happy today. I could deal without the crazy on facebook, though. I can't understand the whole "OMG I WILL LOSE MY GUNS AND EVERYBODY WILL GET WELFARE"

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So much happy today. I could deal without the crazy on facebook, though. I can't understand the whole "OMG I WILL LOSE MY GUNS AND EVERYBODY WILL GET WELFARE"

Gun dealers are probably happy that Obama's re-elected. I think it was a local paper that did a story about how gun sales had increased because everyone's afraid of more gun control laws while Obama's in office.

I wonder if we'll ever see the rest of Mittie's tax returns? I'm kind of curious about what he was afraid of people seeing.

Looks like Ryan got re-elected to his Congressional seat, so he's not completely unemployed. :(

He could have fallen back on his failed modeling career.

Looks like Ryan got re-elected to his Congressional seat, so he's not completely unemployed. :(

Yeah, I know, it sucks. As I said yesterday, i was sadly not expecting him to lose.

I was just telling my husband yesterday that Ryan has been my congressman for years, and I have sent him polite, composed messages about various issues important to me many, many times over those years. I have never, not even once, in all that time received even a form letter or email acknowledging that I sent anything. I was never expecting to change his mind on anything, but it's really depressing that he's my representative and neither he nor his office staff can even be bothered to generically auto-reply thanking me for contacting him, even if he doesn't agree with me. It would be nice if he could make even the tiniest amount of effort, but I guess he's just too busy working on being a GOP superstar and kissing FOX news' ass to take five seconds to communicate with a person he is literally supposed to work for.

All I gotta say is

ROFL U MAD FUNDIES? Eat shit and go pray, especially to all of those assholes who basically admitted that they don't give a shit about women.

EFF YOU And your Rapture. :lol: :dance:

Wow, Obama gets's re-elected and suddenly everyone's Harold Camping.

Isn't the anti-Christ supposed to deny "both God the father and God the son"? As in they're not supposed to be Christian? I can think of plenty of powerful world leaders who aren't Christian, but no, the antichrist must be Obama...

I am so thrilled that President Obama has been reelected. I cried when Romney made the concession speech, because I knew my President was reelected. I told my friend that the Duggars decided to support Akin after his "legitimate rape" comments. I then said, that anyone the Duggars supports end up losing.

My friend mentioned the nursing home Death Cat:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584442,00.html

Oscar could be my JubeJube's long-lost twin brother. He doesn't bring on death, he just accompanies those who are getting there anyway. If anyone could promised me the last thing I feel before I move on the the great beyond when laundry is always done would be a cat purring away by my side, I say bring it on and please play the piano portion of "The Mercy Seat" at my funeral.

(sorry, got a little jarred by comparing a loving cat who makes people's last moments a little more peaceful to the Duggars).

I'm celebrating Linda McMahon losing the senate race in Connecticut! I don't even really like Chris Murphy, I just really despise her. I wonder if she'll finally take the hint that CT doesn't want her representing them.

Kinda laughed when Romney said that other than his wife, Paul Ryan was the best choice he made or something like that. Really? I think I hate him more than I hate Romney.

I'm celebrating Linda McMahon losing the senate race in Connecticut! I don't even really like Chris Murphy, I just really despise her. I wonder if she'll finally take the hint that CT doesn't want her representing them.

Kinda laughed when Romney said that other than his wife, Paul Ryan was the best choice he made or something like that. Really? I think I hate him more than I hate Romney.

But think of the excitement! We could have steel cage hardcore congressional matches. Instead of filibustering, we could have intro music, pyrotechnics and promos. The GOP could be the heels and the Democrats can be the faces.

Why yes, I did watch wrasslin' growing up.

Alderman Ward 3, Position 1

Joey Pianalto – 565 (51%)

John Duggar – 553 (49%)

I found [link=http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2012/11/07/jordan-re-elected-as-fayetteville-mayor-city-council-candidates-headed-for-runoff/]this[/link] link to unofficial results for Tontitown. That's crazy close for John's race. That has to be hard to deal with.

Wow, only 12 votes! If all the Duggars could vote he could have won

I'm wondering if John just got those votes because he's a TV celebrity (or part of a celebrity family).

I think the Z list celeb status might have helped him. FJers who live near the Duggars have said that they aren't extremely popular.

My fb is full of butthurt this morning. I'm about to get a few people to flounce too it seems. But you know if you still think Obama is a muslim, you don't have enough brains to be my friend so I'm not real worried about you flouncing. :violin:

So far on my FB page only one or two have been complaining. Most of the ones who voted for Romney have been taking it really maturely on FB.

Schadenfreude. It's what's for dinner, and it's quite tasty.

My local Blue Dog Democrat congressman lost. I voted for him somewhat reluctantly, but am not surprised at the outcome. We spent the whole fall hearing about how the incumbent was hatching an evil plot with Obama to take every coal mine job in the state away -nevermind that we don't actually have any mines in our district. I expect if the Dems nominate someone halfway decent next time around, we can get the new congresscritter out since his views on social issues are close to Akin's and Murdock's. And I'm delighted that those two lost.

Happy to say my new state of Wisconsin voted Obama, and we elected the first openly gay U.S. Senator, Tammy Baldwin.

Locally we had a Republican, Mary Czaja, win the assembly seat. Most people agreed she had a better plan to help small businesses.

I'm glad the election is over. I hope both parties can work together and find common meeting ground. I wish 3rd parties were more viable on the national level but they aren't.

Hilary in 2016.

For those who remember the late Sonny Bono, I live in his widow's Congressional District in California. Mary Bono-Mack(R-CA) has served in Congress for 14 years and has always won her re-election campaigns easily. Not this year. Mary Bono-Mack lost this time to a wonderful emergency room physician, Dr. Raul Ruiz. To add insult to injury for Mrs. Mack, her husband, Connie Mack (R-FL), also lost his Senate bid in Florida. They will both be unemployed in January.

For those who remember the late Sonny Bono, I live in his widow's Congressional District in California. Mary Bono-Mack(R-CA) has served in Congress for 14 years and has always won her re-election campaigns easily. Not this year. Mary Bono-Mack lost this time to a wonderful emergency room physician, Dr. Raul Ruiz. To add insult to injury for Mrs. Mack, her husband, Connie Mack (R-FL), also lost his Senate bid in Florida. They will both be unemployed in January.

I was happy dancing :banana-blonde: when I heard about Connie last night and positively gloating when I read about Mary this morning. :D

Stayed up all night to watch results coming in. Must go to bed now, not sure how long since I slept.

The world feels safer this morning.

Obama's speech was beautiful.

Anyone who wants to see something funny, go to The Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/video/after-obama-victory-shrieking-whitehot-sphere-of-p,30284/

Can't believe there were riots in Mississippi!

Not much market for the Eddie Munster look, eh?

THANK YOU for the Eddie Munster comparison. I've been struggling with who he resembles and you nailed it. I could never listen his coverage long enough to figure it out.

Proud Washington voter here. Went to sleep in Seattle and woke up in Amsterdam. About damn time we got our equality on.

You know what's ironic? Four years ago I was hearing the exact same shite from fundies.

When Obama first won I remember reading on rapture ready how the US wouldn't exist in 4 years, how the US would be bankrupt, Christianity would be illegal, you'd have Sharia laws, Iran would invade, abortions would be compulsary, communism would take over, etc. Same on blogs too.

Fast forward four years and the same stuff is being said. Its like deja vu. So my question is, if all those thongs didn't happen over the last four years what makes them think it will happen over the next four?

You know what's ironic? Four years ago I was hearing the exact same shite from fundies.

When Obama first won I remember reading on rapture ready how the US wouldn't exist in 4 years, how the US would be bankrupt, Christianity would be illegal, you'd have Sharia laws, Iran would invade, abortions would be compulsary, communism would take over, etc. Same on blogs too.

Fast forward four years and the same stuff is being said. Its like deja vu. So my question is, if all those thongs didn't happen over the last four years what makes them think it will happen over the next four?

For the same reason that I hope Obama will stop being so accommodating of teh crazy in Congress--he never has to face reelection again so he doesn't have to fear repercussions of his actions in the next election cycle.

THANK YOU for the Eddie Munster comparison. I've been struggling with who he resembles and you nailed it. I could never listen his coverage long enough to figure it out.

Proud Washington voter here. Went to sleep in Seattle and woke up in Amsterdam. About damn time we got our equality on.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad I could help!

Thank you to all the good friends here who talked me through a very long day on Facebook!

I am so relieved this is over. Warren/Clinton 2016!

Archived