IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)

StarrieEyedKat

*huge snip*

No sign of Josh...

Why are you hating on Josh? Maybe he's working! Sheesh :snooty: (kidding, by the way)

Also, what's with the puking? Did they dig that out of the editing vault and throw it in to finish up the hour? Gross!!!! Thanks to everyone for posting updates on the show. I tried watching earlier (the Jill b-day episode) and I just couldn't.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also preferred her hair straight, it made her look more "normal" imo.

Also noticed when she was thanking the kids (in the kitchen) and giving them hugs or whatever she was doing, Jordyn was right there, and as usual, totally ignored and not even specifically thanked or given a hug. No surprise there though...

Guest Anonymous

I didn't watch the show tonight but now I am dying to see Michelle's new hair do. Anything has got to be better than what she's had.

I thought anything would look better than her usual crunchy spirals, but the new 'do was too Grandma Duggarish for me.

X2!

Stop trying to force Joy to be girly and go shopping. She's not into it. Leave the poor girl alone. Run, Joy, run!

Not only that, but she wanted to go to the ice cream shop. Jinger likes coffee and got to go to the coffee shop, why not show Joy the same courtesy? I guess they are trying to break her will or something. Disgusting.

Christopher and Banks is a retail store (albeit a very affordable one); what happened to buy used and save the difference?

Other thoughts:

The car decorating. Ugh. They did that for the anniversary, too (photos on Duggar website.) Isn't there a rule against obstructing the view out the front window?

I thought the makeover was fairly flattering.

Were the girls hanging tulle and ribbon from the sprinkler? That is a strict no-no. At least if they accidentally set off the sprinkler system all those unattended fire hazards, err, candles, would go out.

Michelle turned away from JB's kisses twice in the party scene.

Nice to see Jordyn talking.

The first thing I thought when I saw her hair was that it looked like Grandma Duggar's as well, but it was still a VAST improvement from what she normally has. I liked Jim Bobs makeover too. He was pretty nice and involved this episode, I liked seeing them all snuggling in the parents room - such unscripted, unplanned family time is not common on their show and it was nice.

The saddest part is Michelle doesn't have it in her to say, no I dont like this hair, when she so clearly hated it.

Joy definitely is not liking their lifestyle at all, it becomes more and more apparent. She was raised a little bit more leniently than the older girls and she is going to break free for sure.

The first thing I thought when I saw her hair was that it looked like Grandma Duggar's as well, but it was still a VAST improvement from what she normally has. I liked Jim Bobs makeover too. He was pretty nice and involved this episode, I liked seeing them all snuggling in the parents room - such unscripted, unplanned family time is not common on their show and it was nice.

The saddest part is Michelle doesn't have it in her to say, no I dont like this hair, when she so clearly hated it.

Joy definitely is not liking their lifestyle at all, it becomes more and more apparent. She was raised a little bit more leniently than the older girls and she is going to break free for sure.

I agree with everything you said. I hope Joy escapes. She's not cut out for that lifestyle.

There is nothing wrong with curls *protectively pats own uncontrollably naturally curly hair* but why not find a happy medium? Why not have curls without the mile-high teased up bangs? How about just having some soft natural curl cut into a flattering layered modern style?

There is nothing wrong with curls *protectively pats own uncontrollably naturally curly hair* but why not find a happy medium? Why not have curls without the mile-high teased up bangs? How about just having some soft natural curl cut into a flattering layered modern style?

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Anna describes that the kids are excited. "In all the excitement there was a moment when some of the children were excited. I was excited, we were all excited and I was trying to explain something and it just wasnt happening and so for one moment there was a deep breath and lots of thoughts went through my mind and you know what? This childs excited, I'm excited, but their heart is so important so its time for me to take a deep breath, calm down, and realize, its gonna happen."

Translated: Those fucking howlers were running ALL THE FUCK OVER THE PLACE. I was screaming at them to sit the fuck down and they kept popping balloons and shit. I realized I couldnt hit spank correct lovingly train all of them because the fucking cameras were there so I took a deep breath and told Jana to take the fuck over while I colored.

Anna was having a hard time hiding her frustration, there. I could see right through it.

A few observations after watching the episode.

I love how Michelle when guessing the letters, asks where is the big wheel like on that game show? Michelle, how would your kids know what wheel of fortune is? The kids just stood there in the lineup with blank looks.

The shot of poor Jordyn alone on the stairs in her footie pajamas and blanket while the rest of the kids were downstairs in the living room, just sad.

The writing of the children was pretty telling. All they had to do was copy what Anna wrote and it was too hard. When I was pausing to read and look at the writing there is one scene where Anna is on a ladder, it was after the overnight and not to be speculating again when I paused her shirt had come up and I have never seen anyone gain weight like that unless they were pregnant. Maybe it is just diet , who knows, I also paused a shot and my husband said something about Josh and I told him it was JD, who seems to be exploring food outisde of home these days.

How would Michelle not know about the trip? The pop up said it was for media interviews. How could they set the whole media tour up without once talking to Michelle? Talk about cheap, we are giving you the trip of a lifetime for your birthday..paid for by pimping out our family and doing media events the whole time!

Love how Jim Bob said for some reason Jordyn is prone to getting sick more and having more complications?? Does he remember she was born a few weeks early and got RSV and was hospitialized at about 6 weeks of age. Of course she will be prone to respiratory illness. Josie and Jordyn should have been kept away from the sick children right away. I would love to know who the dr is. I know JimBob says he pays out of pocket for minor illness, so I bet that is why he only took 2 kids to the doctor and then he says I got a whole bunch at home sick so he gets scripts for all of them. I hope he takes Josie and Jordyn as his lab rats because they need to be seen (though it seems like he took Hannie this time).

Can someone explain why Josie was going to the dentist again? We saw her go before. I always thought under 3 went 1 time a year just for a quick look. It obviously causes her so much stress because of everything she went through in the NUCU and after so why take her several times a year? Does she already have cavites like Jordyn?

I felt kind of sad at the end of the episode. Part of it was the happy family snuggle moments were obviously staged. It would be nice if it were true. One of the girls asked if the parents were going to sleep in the room with them and JimBob skirted the question. He obviously didn't want to lie but we all know Jana or Jill sleep in there not JimBob and Michelle. I also felt like this really could be the end of the show. As much as it has been a boring season, I think the kids benefit from having the outsiders of the crew around and all the trips outisde the daily grind to be exposed to other points of view.

I love how Michelle when guessing the letters, asks where is the big wheel like on that game show? Michelle, how would your kids know what wheel of fortune is? The kids just stood there in the lineup with blank looks.

She's knows Wheel of Fortune but she didn't know who Dolly Parton was. :roll:

Poor little Jordyn in the background when she was holding Josie, saying, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" MOTY didn't even acknowledge her.

That is so fucking sad.

The whole shopping scene with Joy was just sad. You could tell from her face that she really wanted to go get ice cream instead of shopping. I also think they're trying to break her will and get her to be more girly now. It was okay for her to be tom boyish when she was younger but with her being 15, that's just not right and she needs to start learning about fashion and make up :roll: . My money is going to be on Joy-Anna leaving the cult compared to the older girls-she just has that whole "I don't care anymore" look.

The whole "be fruitful and multiply" as their family motto is rather disgusting. Jill looked pretty embarrassed, IMHO, when she was talking about-Hell, I would be embarrassed. Then again, wasn't she the one who put that quote up or was it Jessa or Jana?

Who's willing to bet Michelle hated the hair (or pretended to hate it) because she knew JBoob would hate it. After all, isn't she supposed to wear her hair to please him? And he's obviously stuck back in the 80's when the cool girls had crunchy curls & skyscraper bangs.

He probably doesn't like makeup on her, either.

And why do they need a hotel room? I thought their bedroom at home was sacred for "sweet fellowship"? It's not like they have to leave home for privacy & time away from taking care of their kids.

Who's willing to bet Michelle hated the hair (or pretended to hate it) because she knew JBoob would hate it.

I agree. She looked scared and he looked pissed.

Can someone explain why Josie was going to the dentist again? We saw her go before. I always thought under 3 went 1 time a year just for a quick look. It obviously causes her so much stress because of everything she went through in the NUCU and after so why take her several times a year? Does she already have cavites like Jordyn?

I was wondering if it was just re-tooled footage of the earlier dentist visit. I agree, she seems awfully young to be going to the dentist. I didn't take my little ones until they were 3 or 4. Any earlier seemed pointless to me. I always brushed their teeth, the bottles were gone by their first birthday, and they never went to bed with a bottle.

I wonder if Josie does have decay due to "bottle mouth"? We have seen many, many episodes where she was walking around with a bottle jammed in her mouth. That supplement they used to give her was probably high in sugar, and somehow I doubt anyone took the time to brush her teeth daily.

I liked Michelle's hair, but I noticed that she quickly put those butterfly clips in it, which kind of messed up the style. I did notice for the first time that she has a rather prominent nose. Maybe that's one reason she didn't like the haircut- it accentuated her facial features a lot more than the old style.

Decorating the cars and hotel room seemed so juvenile, but I guess that's the extent of their creativity. "Be fruitful and multiply"? That was just gross.

We know there will be some episodes about the trip. I was hoping that would be the grand finale, but evidently Amy tweeted about filming Joy's birthday (again), so I guess we may be in for another season after all.

Wasn't Bristol's child born 8 months after Trig? She would have had to get knocked up before even giving birth.

There has been speculation that Trig was born in the fall 2007 or Jan-Feb 2008, which would make it possible for Bristol to get preggers again. There is also a theory that Tripp was born before Trig. There were stories that Bristol was pregnant in early 2007.

I know I sound crazy, but I was very skeptical of Bristol giving birth to Trig until she went on Jay Leno made the comment that she did not go to her prom because she was pregnant. Trig was born April 2008 about the same time Wasilla High had their prom. Course she could have said that just to fuck with the Trig truthers. When she said that I began researching the whole Babygate theory and became convinced there was something fishy about Trig's birth.

Another thing that struck me as odd was Sarah gave birth to Trig a month early, then took him to her office three days after giving birth. Most preemies with Down Syndrome are in the hospital at least two-three weeks.

That's the most I've had to fast forward during an episode that didn't feature Josh. JB & DQ get a honeymoon suite and make lots of sex jokes. FFFFF-fwd. Kids are barfing on camera. FFFFF-fwd.

Did Michelle actually get anything she wanted (other than attention) for her birthday? She looked less than thrilled with most of the actual "surprises". Especially the hair & make-up. I agree that the original do looked a bit too Grandma Dugggar, but after the wind blew it around a bit and some waves came back it looked terrific.

BTW - Trig Palin was born with Trisomy G, hence Trig. I guess it was too much to call him "Downy". Such a classess bunch those Palins.

1. Can we drown Jackson and Hannie already??

2. So much to not like here--why was Anna in charge? Did I miss that? Probably because people like me have said Michelle and Anna don't like each other?

3. Michelle turning away from JB's kisses--EXCELLENT!

4. Josiah--another seemingly forced appearance

5. It's ok for the Bates' girls not to like shopping, but Joy is stuck....nice...........

6. Jackson does not get any more mature no matter how much time passes.

7. Her hair DID look like Grandma's but it was a VAST improvement and she looked skinnier! I really liked it. I'm sure JB didn't

8. I don't think it's bad that they went to the Mall for one or two birthday gifts. I think that's fine--especially since they likely paid nothing so that it was cheaper than Goodwill.

9. And we needed to see Jordyn puke because...... ? Oh, that's right, to prove they even NOTICE her.

Oh you could tell Michelle didn't like her new hairstyle. She was trying pretty difficult to keep the "stay sweet" look on her face but you could tell she didn't like it. JB seemed surprised but he did say to her "I prefer you with longer hair." I think Michelle is stuck in her ways and doesn't feel comfortable venturing out to something new.

I just found it hilarious how the children were thanking her for all that she's done for them. What exactly has she done as a mother, beside blessing the house with more children? Her older daughters are the ones who do more around the house than she does-if anything, her children should be thanking Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger for all that they do. I'm sure if it wasn't for them, the whole house would just completely fall apart. Michelle is an attention seeker and will do anything she can to be in the center of it. She doesn't know her children that much and majority of the time she sends her little ones to the older daughters when they want something. Hell, she already ignores Jordyn and doesn't care much for her needs except when the camera is rolling. She doesn't school her children nor does she do anything else around the house, yet somehow she has be thanked for all that she's done at home. Pretty sad and pathetic.

Archived