IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)

StarrieEyedKat

That's the most I've had to fast forward during an episode that didn't feature Josh. JB & DQ get a honeymoon suite and make lots of sex jokes. FFFFF-fwd. Kids are barfing on camera. FFFFF-fwd.

Did Michelle actually get anything she wanted (other than attention) for her birthday? She looked less than thrilled with most of the actual "surprises". Especially the hair & make-up. I agree that the original do looked a bit too Grandma Dugggar, but after the wind blew it around a bit and some waves came back it looked terrific.

BTW - Trig Palin was born with Trisomy G, hence Trig. I guess it was too much to call him "Downy". Such a classess bunch those Palins.

There's every reason to believe all she wanted was #20, but after that last miscarriage, it's too soon for her to announce if she got pregnant or not.

If you watch the episode again, pay attention toward the end when J'ichelle's thanking the kids. She's hugging and kissing one of the girls (Johanna?) and instead of looking at her mother or kissing her back, that girl is staring straight ahead. Almost like the girl knew J'ichelle was being affectionate because of the camera, and little girl was having none of it.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found it hilarious how the children were thanking her for all that she's done for them. What exactly has she done as a mother, beside blessing the house with more children? Her older daughters are the ones who do more around the house than she does-if anything, her children should be thanking Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger for all that they do.

I've been wondering this for a while, but what exactly *does* Michelle do around the house if she isn't raising her kids, cooking, cleaning, or teaching them? How could she possibly occupy all her time?

I am surprised nobody has mentioned how awful it was to watch Jordan laying on her dad/buddy and Michelle gagging, coughing and puking. My god, they didn't have enough sense to sit her upright! We also got the added bonus of them laughing throughout it because Jimblob drank out of a puke cup by mistake. :shock: They looked like unskilled babysitters vs. parents of 19 kids.

Who uses plastic cups for puking, and why would they be left out vs. disposed of? SO Gross!

I am surprised nobody has mentioned how awful it was to watch Jordan laying on her dad/buddy and Michelle gagging, coughing and puking. My god, they didn't have enough sense to sit her upright! We also got the added bonus of them laughing throughout it because Jimblob drank out of a puke cup by mistake. :shock: They looked like unskilled babysitters vs. parents of 19 kids.

Who uses plastic cups for puking, and why would they be left out vs. disposed of? SO Gross!

I was also wondering why the hell they weren't sitting Jordyn up. Granted, I'm the mother of a mere 2 children and only delivered one of them myself so I'm not MOTY-material, but when a kid is barfing, you sit them up so they don't inhale it and choke. God, especially if little Jordyn is bad enough so she has a nebulizer at home! My son gets a lot of colds and upper-respiratory infections, and now has a nebulizer at home. You want a kid like that upright as much as possible when they're sick. Our pediatrician told us to prop him up with pillows while he's sleeping so the mucous will drain.

I wanted to take poor, puking Jordyn home with me and love her and care for her. Poor little baby! She really is the forgotten Duggar.

1. Can we drown Jackson and Hannie already??

That's a pretty nasty comment even from a snarky point of view. When it comes to the Duggars, I don't blame the howlers for being howlers.

X2!

Exactly what I thought too.

And speaking of hair, WTF is with Anna's greasy curls during her THs? :shock:

And speaking of hair, WTF is with Anna's greasy curls during her THs? :shock:

Why was Anna "hosting" the show anyway?? It's about her mother-in-law for goodness sake. Better than another Jackson/Hannie time but not by much.

I'm confused by the birthday episode. I thought the car decorating and makeovers happened for JimBob and Jchelle's anniversary. Are the editors pulling a fast one? This show is less interesting as time goes on. I know this isn't nice to say, but the four oldest girls look older to me every episode. Like the fact that they haven't moved on with their lives is getting noticeable.

but the four oldest girls look older to me every episode. Like the fact that they haven't moved on with their lives is getting noticeable.

True, but at least they don't look as exhausted as they did in the early specials when they were pre-teens.

I was wondering if it was just re-tooled footage of the earlier dentist visit. I agree, she seems awfully young to be going to the dentist. I didn't take my little ones until they were 3 or 4. Any earlier seemed pointless to me. I always brushed their teeth, the bottles were gone by their first birthday, and they never went to bed with a bottle.

I wonder if Josie does have decay due to "bottle mouth"? We have seen many, many episodes where she was walking around with a bottle jammed in her mouth. That supplement they used to give her was probably high in sugar, and somehow I doubt anyone took the time to brush her teeth daily.

I liked Michelle's hair, but I noticed that she quickly put those butterfly clips in it, which kind of messed up the style. I did notice for the first time that she has a rather prominent nose. Maybe that's one reason she didn't like the haircut- it accentuated her facial features a lot more than the old style.

Decorating the cars and hotel room seemed so juvenile, but I guess that's the extent of their creativity. "Be fruitful and multiply"? That was just gross.

We know there will be some episodes about the trip. I was hoping that would be the grand finale, but evidently Amy tweeted about filming Joy's birthday (again), so I guess we may be in for another season after all.

Its pretty standard here to register your child with a dentist as soon as their teeth start coming through. Both my kids first went to the dentist when they were around 6 to 8 months old and then every six months thereafter. Got a bag of freebies for both of them which had a baby toothbrush, toothpaste and Bonjella.

She's knows Wheel of Fortune but she didn't know who Dolly Parton was. :roll:

Thanks for being the only other poster I saw anywhere who caught "Shouldn't I have a wheel while I'm doing this?" as she pantomimed spinning a giant wheel.

Also, check out the picasa album. This shit was their fucking anniversary (makes sense that Boob said he was carrying Mullet over the threshhold of that cheesy hotel room that he mentioned their 28th anniversary).

Mullet may have changed her outfit for teevee to modernize her look, but Boob is in the same get-up with the same gelled-up hair that he wore on the show. The same SUV is also decked out and parked in the same place, complete with the paint pens and post-its.

We knew it wasn't her real birthday, but those pictures were taken in JULY. I can't believe people still fall for this shit.

My kids didn't see a dentist until they were 3 or 4 and they've never had cavities. Braces, unfortunately, but no holes.

Considering their lack of interest in therapy for Josie, their diligence about the dentist is a little strange. There was an episode back when Jordyn was two where showed her at the same office having those X-ray cardboards crammed into her little mouth ("They hurt my mowt" the sad little thing said to a disinterested Jessa) and I don't see why x-rays would be needed at that age unless there was an injury or some obvious decay.

I do think Jordyn also had a bottle for a very long time, so that could be part of it.

I was also wondering why the hell they weren't sitting Jordyn up. Granted, I'm the mother of a mere 2 children and only delivered one of them myself so I'm not MOTY-material, but when a kid is barfing, you sit them up so they don't inhale it and choke. God, especially if little Jordyn is bad enough so she has a nebulizer at home! My son gets a lot of colds and upper-respiratory infections, and now has a nebulizer at home. You want a kid like that upright as much as possible when they're sick. Our pediatrician told us to prop him up with pillows while he's sleeping so the mucous will drain.

I wanted to take poor, puking Jordyn home with me and love her and care for her. Poor little baby! She really is the forgotten Duggar.

Two Duggars and one cup?

CANNOT UNSEE. EVER.

:crying-green:

I've been wondering this for a while, but what exactly *does* Michelle do around the house if she isn't raising her kids, cooking, cleaning, or teaching them? How could she possibly occupy all her time?

I have been watching Jessa more closely this season and last night she quickly changed her words when thanking her mom. I have heard JB on several episodes say one of his speeches about how Mama risked her own life to give each of you life. Last night when the older girls were thanking Michelle, Jessa said this exact speech, thanks mom for having me and putting your life at risk. She kind of stumbled over it but she clearly was not going to say thanks mom for all the nights you sat up talking to me and being a mentor in my life. If Jessa was the one who said "if I get married", has checked out on her buddy duty, and now isn't keeping it as sweet as the others I think she is the one to watch.

As for what Michelle does. She stays up late and sleeps in! She admits to staying up past midnight. After getting ready she checks in with the kids at 9-10ish. I'm sure spends spends most of her day booking fellowshipping speeches, shopping, texting her friends, and since JB doesn't work a 9-5 I'm sure they eat lunch out. I bet her only time with the kids besides filming/events is in the morning double checking the older ones are doing her work and at night for bible time.

Just curious does Michelle or JB have to go to the dr/dentist appointments with the kids or can an over 18 buddy take them? I just remember when I was 17 I went to the dr. I had been seeing for years for a follow up visit and they said they could not do see me without a parent present. I had my aunt come who was was in her 50's and they still said no. So do JB and Michelle go to each dr visit or do/can they sign away decsions to the older kids to make medical decisions about the younger ones. All I see is poor Jordyn getting taken by buddy sister Jessa to the dr. I don't think if I was Jordyn I would want Jessa making medical decisions for me.

Link please?

I don't know the link but Josh has a few pictures of it on his instragram (or he did, I doubt he deletes them). I remember The car decorating as the anniversary. Did we see 2 events editted into one. The JB hair and car decorations and hotel were the anniversary. The Michelle ice cream and coffee treats, outfit, and hair were her birthday?

She was in China on her birthday (mid-September). They probably had Mullet change out of that wretched pink outfit, which I remember was commented on at the time for being different (but still old-lady fug) to the more "modern" black (or was that the horrid plum? I watch on a 19" screen) for plot continuity. It wouldn't be the first time TLC did something like that to build a "story."

Its pretty standard here to register your child with a dentist as soon as their teeth start coming through. Both my kids first went to the dentist when they were around 6 to 8 months old and then every six months thereafter. Got a bag of freebies for both of them which had a baby toothbrush, toothpaste and Bonjella.

Micropremies have a lot of teeth issues, so maybe they are just monitoring her state.

And having cavities is very dependent on the person. I have cavities, two devitalized teeth, yet I take greater care of my teeth than several of my friends and cousins and they have no cavities...

I think all the dentist visits are just to prove what good parents they are. And they are just pretending like the therapy stuff doesn't exist.

I also find it strange that we haven't heard anything about therapy.for Josie, but we do see her go to a dentist. Either she is getting.therapy and we're not seeing it for some reason, or she's not getting much of it. She seems to see doctors regularly though, at least more often than the other kids, so surely those doctors have said something about therapy knowing she's a micropreemie?

Or.they've been doctor shopping for her too.

reading the recap, i dont think i can handle all that puking

I'm getting a bit queasy just reading the last page. Eew. Definitely not something you want to look at while eating or afterward.

I think as the older women (Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger) get into their mid-twenties they are going to get less and less interested in having a family of their own. They've already raised children, and the younger children don't seem to be getting nearly as much attention as the youngest kids did in the early episodes of the show. Everyone seems to be "checking out" in some way.

I suspect that even Anna and Josh are using possibly the rhythm method to space their children just so they can spend more time and energy on Mack and Michael while they're young. They wouldn't say anything like that aloud within their family, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next pregnancy isn't until Michael is 3. Plus if Anna homeschools, that is going to take a tremendous amount of time and energy if she has them one right after the other.

I feel so sorry for Jordyn and Jennifer. They really drew the short straw once Josie came along, and the older girls got so busy.

She was in China on her birthday (mid-September). They probably had Mullet change out of that wretched pink outfit, which I remember was commented on at the time for being different (but still old-lady fug) to the more "modern" black (or was that the horrid plum? I watch on a 19" screen) for plot continuity. It wouldn't be the first time TLC did something like that to build a "story."

I checked the pictures because I was wondering the same. Do they really decorate the car and have bubbles and all that stuff for every occasion? But, the car was decorated differently; there were squares on the windshield for the birthday, hearts for the anniversary. Also, Michelle's hair looked very different (to me), some weird flatness going on in the anniversary photos that I did not notice last night.

I think there is just a complete lack of imagination within this family and they do the same celebratory craphonoring over and over.

Archived