IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)

StarrieEyedKat

Both JB and Michelle have spouted the Jacksonville/earth's population crap a few times. On the one of the Q&A episodes, Boob mentioned it and then Michelle mentioned in a interview with CBN or some other Christian network. The video of her saying that shit went viral on several sites because Michael K on dislisted posted it. I think it went viral in Februray when Boob and some of the kids were traveling with the Frothy campaign. There is video of Boob defending what Michelle said. JB and Michelle don't give a shit about the environment and they fail to see that overpopulation concerns aren't about space, but about resources.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a professor and classmate in my grad program who live in Jacksonville and trust me, they HATE that the fundies chose their city as a teaching tool w/r/t overpopulation.

I'm glad TLC let them spout that crap in that Q&A episode. Posters here and on other forums twop and imbd ripped them apart for it. The video that went viral made more people see and realize how stupid the Duggars are. The only people who tend to agree with that crap are the fellow fundies of the Duggars. I remember someone commented on Lori's blog about how "mothers of several children don't impact the environment that much because they reuse stuff." Reusing stuff does help the environment in a small way, but everyone leaves a carbon footprint. The Duggars thrice a day use of styrofroam and paper plates is just fucking lazy. Someone here on FJ made the joke about what would happen if Serial Mom(Kathleen Turner) moved in next to the Duggars. That made me laugh, another fictional character that would be annoyed with the Duggars is Stanley Tucci's character from Jury Duty.

My fundie cousin spouts that crap and teaches that crap to her kids. And she was education at the ebil public school and college. It has gotten so bad that my sister will not allow her kids to be around their cousins.

Another season? Say it ain't so. Hopefully 2013 will be their last. I think they have found their calling in supporting political candidates and that we can expect that to continue in the future, unfortunately. One thing I would love to see would be a discussion in which Jim Bob is intellectually challenged on his ideas. Remember when he (or Michelle, can't remember) said that the entire earth population could fit in Jacksonville, FL? I would love to have seen them try to defend that statement.

The Tennessee Right to Life says the 1999 population of the planet could fit in Jacksonville if each person was given 2.25 square feet.

Let's try the math and experiment on the Duggar home.

The house is 7,000 sq feet and each person gets 2.25 sq feet. That means if I did my math right, they could fit 3,111 people in their house.

Seem Michelle has commented on the tightness of the house when way less than that have visited.

The Tennessee Right to Life says the 1999 population of the planet could fit in Jacksonville if each person was given 2.25 square feet.

The house is 7,000 sq feet and each person gets 2.25 sq feet. That means if I did my math right, they could fit 3,111 people in their house.

Seem Michelle has commented on the tightness of the house when way less than that have visited.

I would love Michelle and Jim Bob to comment on your calculation of having 3111 people in their house! That should make them understand how inane their comments are about overpopulation and Jacksonville. Just meaningless gibberish.

As for another season, please say it isn't so. I don't want to see them making fools of themselves and giving Americans a bad rap in other countries (China and Japan) for another season.

They dont seem to understand with that theory, it only counts the amount of space a person can stand in, but people need more space than that, as they all need houses (2.25 sq feet is not even enough for them to have a bed), space to grow plants and raise animals to use and eat and thats only the bare minimum for survival.

I think to test that theory, we should find a house which allowed 2.25 sq feet per Duggar (45 sq feet if just the ones who live at home, 54 if including Josh's family) and get them to live there for a week and see what happens.

I'm glad TLC let them spout that crap in that Q&A episode. Posters here and on other forums twop and imbd ripped them apart for it. The video that went viral made more people see and realize how stupid the Duggars are. The only people who tend to agree with that crap are the fellow fundies of the Duggars. I remember someone commented on Lori's blog about how "mothers of several children don't impact the environment that much because they reuse stuff." Reusing stuff does help the environment in a small way, but everyone leaves a carbon footprint. The Duggars thrice a day use of styrofroam and paper plates is just fucking lazy. Someone here on FJ made the joke about what would happen if Serial Mom(Kathleen Turner) moved in next to the Duggars. That made me laugh, another fictional character that would be annoyed with the Duggars is Stanley Tucci's character from Jury Duty.

That was me; I love Serial Mom. Nobody really gets the references anymore though.

The quickest way to reduce ones carbon footprint is to go vegan. This is why Al Gore annoys me beyond belief. If he really cared at all, he would at least be veg.

I would love Michelle and Jim Bob to comment on your calculation of having 3111 people in their house! That should make them understand how inane their comments are about overpopulation and Jacksonville. Just meaningless gibberish.

As for another season, please say it isn't so. I don't want to see them making fools of themselves and giving Americans a bad rap in other countries (China and Japan) for another season.

What if everybody in the world somehow ended up in Jacksonville (or Rhode Island)? Chaos. And death. Lots of death. http://what-if.xkcd.com/8/

They dont seem to understand with that theory, it only counts the amount of space a person can stand in, but people need more space than that, as they all need houses (2.25 sq feet is not even enough for them to have a bed), space to grow plants and raise animals to use and eat and thats only the bare minimum for survival.

I think to test that theory, we should find a house which allowed 2.25 sq feet per Duggar (45 sq feet if just the ones who live at home, 54 if including Josh's family) and get them to live there for a week and see what happens.

What is the square footage of the Duggar bus?

that last comment made my heart sad because i miss emily and dna. it sounds like something she would try.

I am not sure about the size of the specific bus that the Duggars own, but when looking it up, there actually are people who live in buses, and this one is 300 square feet photoblog.statesman.com/school-bus-living-cozy-confines-for-300-square-feet

If the Duggar bus was about that size, it would be too large, as it would allow 14 feet per Duggar (or 12.5 if Josh's family came to live there), so they could only live there if 109-114 other people also moved in, if my calculations are correct.

The space that their house would have to be in, if it was square, each wall would be around 6.7 feet long (or 7.3 feet if Josh's family also lived there). I would say that would be around the size of my bathroom. They would barely be able to stand up in it.

WHY DID I JUST DO THIS???

If all the Duggars could squeeze into the single bathroom of their old 3 bedroom rental house then obviously it wasn't overcrowded and they had no need to build the tinker-toy-house. la-la-la Overpopulation is a myth!!!!!

(Idiots)

That was me; I love Serial Mom. Nobody really gets the references anymore though.

The quickest way to reduce ones carbon footprint is to go vegan. This is why Al Gore annoys me beyond belief. If he really cared at all, he would at least be veg.

He's not?! Fail

He's not?! Fail

Not even close, unless he did a drastic change recently. He does, however, admit that it's the best for the environment, in between bites of steak and hamburger. Bill Clinton is vegan, or mostly so, and has been for a while. He started for health reasons but now talks about the other benefits too.

You know what really surprises me, that someone dumb enough to believe the entire population of the world could fit into Jacksonville Florida is allowed to homeschool. Sometimes I wonder if Michelle's IQ is so low it should be measured in negative numbers, well that and if it hurts Jim Boob's knuckles when they scrape the ground as he walks.

Well the J'Slaves are homescooling the younger ones. They also probably spout out the stupid Jacksonville theory. Not all of the Duggar kids are going to be spouting out that crap for the rest of their lives. At some point, a few of the Duggar kids will leave the fundie lifestyle and will get an education on the environment. Boob and Mullet and some of the older kids like Josh, JD, and Jill, and maybe Jinger and Jessa will never change their views on certain things.

At the very end of Michelle's Birthday episode, when they are all on the floor about to go to sleep, you briefly see Josie eating an apple. It can't be very good for her teeth to eat something sugary like an apple right before bed.

He's not?! Fail

Dont forget to look at water usage. There are some places that can support grazing animals for food but not vegetables due to climate. The animals need to be compatible with the current habatit. New Mexico is a great example. We have limited water resources. But, some grazing animals can survive on the brush in public lands with out destroying the natural habitat. Those animals are then used as food and in some cases fiber.

Water use is just as important then carbon footprint for many people. We have lots of water in the world but only a small amount of it is drinkable.

Just what Grandmom Duggar needs, a trip to ATI's Commit conference, for mother and daughters to strengthen their relationship with the Lord (and don't forget those afternoon fellowship teas!!!!!!11!).

COMMIT’s vision for mothers and daughters is to impart to both young women and to their mothers the reality of how loved they are, how precious their relationship with the Lord and with each other is meant to be, and how glorious their callings are in love, honor, joy and understanding.

Just joking, I have no clue if the Duggar's plan to attend. But it could be a opportunity for some much needed quality time for Ma Duggar and her daughters. ;)

ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/commit/

I always think they should send Joy to the teenage girl version of ALERT, just so she can meet other repressed fundie girls who don't give a shit about needlework or perms

5. Josh will shop for stretchy sans-a-belt slacks to accommodate the next 20 lbs he gains.

I need to offer a Simpsons reference right now.

[sea captain and the Chinese restaurant owner on Homer]

"I don't know why he just doesn't switch to sweatpants."

"He says the crotch wears out too fast."

"Yarrr....that'll replace the whale in my nightmares."

I always think they should send Joy to the teenage girl version of ALERT, just so she can meet other repressed fundie girls who don't give a shit about needlework or perms

And prove that she "is allowed" to wear pants since they have to wear trousers in parts of the program.

Archived