IGNORED

Miss Raquel

formergothardite

Swans are downright mean and can be aggressive.

I'm still scarred from the time a swan chased me around my grandmother's backyard. I was four and trying to feed the ducks.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I can't bottle it up anymore and I know that this will be unheard by Little Miss Martyr In Her Own Mind, but--Kid. KID.

People disagreeing with you in conversations that you have the power to end are not persecuting you.

People calling you names in comments that you have the power to delete are not persecuting you.

Here, kid. Learn something.

http://www.persecution.org/awareness/pe ... countries/

Get over your pretty fuzzy-focus pity party and pull your head out of your navel.

Because she reads here:

Raquel, a horse is not an accessory. Your horse is a responsibility. A HUGE one. I've spent years around horses, and I've never owned one myself because of that fact. When we were responsible for mucking and feeding and barn care and hoof care and mane care, it took time and energy. Frankly, girl, your horse should come before your gazlioon pictures. Has he been to the farrier? The Vet? If you can't put your horse before yourself how on God's green earth are you going to take care of a baby when you marry? You can't board a baby any place, can you now?

Also, great job glorifying violence. Do you want to know what being hit can make you feel like? It can make you feel sub-human. It can be a tool of horrifying abuse, of horrifying control. To have hitting someone on your bucket list is disgusting. There, I said it, disgusting. You make a joke out of spousal abuse and all of the women who have fought so you don't have to live in a world where you're threatened with sexual violence. But you hate us, because we're feminists, you hate women like my mother, who said from day one hands are not for hitting because my father raised his hand against her.

Grow up, little girl. The world isn't a 1950s sitcom. And your horse isn't Mr. Ed.

I'm curious, and must ask, since it seems that some of you know more than I do about dominant and recessive genes. This is not about Raquel, btw - I'm asking for my own selfish purposes.

Let's say that you have two parents, each with black hair and brown eyes. THEIR parents also had dark hair and brown eyes. Their first child, born before marriage, during the mother's oat-sowing phase, is born with blonde hair and blue eyes. The remainder of their children are born with black hair and brown eyes. When those children produce grandchildren, the first child produces grandchildren with blue eyes and blond hair. The others produce grandchildren with brown eyes and dark hair. What are the probable odds that the husband is the biological father of the first child, as an educated guess/opinion?

And Raquel, STFU about persecution. When people like you yap about it, my reaction is to sound like an angry cat, which makes my husband look at me funny. You have no idea what persecution is about, dear child.

Guest Anonymous

Vague guess based on half-remembered science lessons:

The chances of two brown-eyed parents having a blue-eyed child are 25% (if we assume that both parents have all the correct recessive genes, which the mother obviously does). So it's not necessarily weird for them to have one blue-eyed child, and then some other brown-eyed children. The blue-eyed child was always going to pass on the blue-eyed gene to their own children, so there isn't anything that can be deduced from that.

I think that the same is true of black hair/blond hair, but that's where I start to get fuzzy.

And green eyes? I think green eyes is as close as I'm ever going to get to X-men level mutations.

Because she reads here:

Raquel, a horse is not an accessory. Your horse is a responsibility. A HUGE one. I've spent years around horses, and I've never owned one myself because of that fact. When we were responsible for mucking and feeding and barn care and hoof care and mane care, it took time and energy. Frankly, girl, your horse should come before your gazlioon pictures. Has he been to the farrier? The Vet? If you can't put your horse before yourself how on God's green earth are you going to take care of a baby when you marry? You can't board a baby any place, can you now?

Also, great job glorifying violence. Do you want to know what being hit can make you feel like? It can make you feel sub-human. It can be a tool of horrifying abuse, of horrifying control. To have hitting someone on your bucket list is disgusting. There, I said it, disgusting. You make a joke out of spousal abuse and all of the women who have fought so you don't have to live in a world where you're threatened with sexual violence. But you hate us, because we're feminists, you hate women like my mother, who said from day one hands are not for hitting because my father raised his hand against her.

Grow up, little girl. The world isn't a 1950s sitcom. And your horse isn't Mr. Ed.

+1. :clap:

In case Miss Raquel has this excuse in mind: Horse care is not a modern touch-feely worldly innovation. Take a look at ancient Scythian jewelry. Those Scythians were the ultimate in hoo-uh manly-man horse barbarians. Ridin' shootin' rootin' tootin' hellions, every last one of them. They were also pretty well off; they commissioned master goldsmiths from Greece to make jewelry for their wives. And what did they request for those necklaces and so on? Themselves, in their good tunics with weapons at their belts--picking dung and stones from horses' hooves, braiding horses' tails, grooming horses, leading horses around, even (IIRC) attending horse births.

I'm curious, and must ask, since it seems that some of you know more than I do about dominant and recessive genes. This is not about Raquel, btw - I'm asking for my own selfish purposes.

Let's say that you have two parents, each with black hair and brown eyes. THEIR parents also had dark hair and brown eyes. Their first child, born before marriage, during the mother's oat-sowing phase, is born with blonde hair and blue eyes. The remainder of their children are born with black hair and brown eyes. When those children produce grandchildren, the first child produces grandchildren with blue eyes and blond hair. The others produce grandchildren with brown eyes and dark hair. What are the probable odds that the husband is the biological father of the first child, as an educated guess/opinion?

And Raquel, STFU about persecution. When people like you yap about it, my reaction is to sound like an angry cat, which makes my husband look at me funny. You have no idea what persecution is about, dear child.

Just going to state this for the disclaimer: It's always going to be impossible to be 100% certain without a DNA test.* Also, if it were the other way around (parents had blue eyes and one child had brown) Then opinion would lean very heavily towards a mystery sperm donor, since two blue eyed parents normally only make blue eyed children. Because brown eye color is dominant, you can't know what a brown eyed person is packing in their genotype, based on their appearance.

Since the mom is, I assume, unquestionably the real birth mother, and she previously produced a blue eyed baby, that indicates that she recessively carries the blue eyed gene. The odds of her passing the blue eyed gene to any of her children is 50/50. Since the father also had brown eyes but his paternity of the blue eyed child is in question, his genotype is presumed unknown and his possible contribution is unknown, (it is either 50/50 or 0) . Also, since the father had two dark eyed parents thier genotype is also unknown and can not aid in the speculation.

I would be interested to know just how many of the 1st generation brown eyed only kids there were born... if we're talking Duggar sized then well the circumstantial evidence would start to have a real bias. If it's just a few kids, that could easily be typical odds in dealing with recessive v dominant traits.

*Despite the conventional punnett square method for analyzing some traits, there's always the cases of Chimeras.

My mother is mysteriously carrying some crazy light genes despite everyone in her family having brown going back generations. She is dark and ethnic, my father is light, and I ended up a fair, green-eyed redhead as a child. My birth siblings are all olive skinned with glossy black curls and brown/hazel eyes. There are no green eyes or redheads at all in my dad's family, either. So it can happen. Possibly the dad in the mystery paternity also has some unexpressed recessive genes lying around. It's hard to say with dark parents and light children, but pretty easy to make assumptions with light parents and dark children.

is her bucket list just a set of ways to get killed or hurt

eg - freeze to death/get eaten by killer whales (seriously! orca are just not dolphins)

- get mauled by mother polar bear

- get attacked by a swan (I have a friend who was mobbed by a male swan with cygnets)

- perpetuate domestic violence

I think we should start a new bucket list for her

1. Develop a nodding aquaintance with reality

2. Learn to distinguish cartoon animals from real ones

3 Take that horse to a farrier and vet

4 Learn to use punctuation (eleventy1111!!!!!)

5. Perform one action each day not fuelled by narcissism....

Raquel, just know that the next time you claim to be persecuted for the sake of Christ, you will be lying. Lying because you don't want to face the fact that you really are self-absorbed. No one here is mocking you for your Christian beliefs. No one. And if you took off your cloak of fake persecution you could see that.

After reading what she had to say on Facebook about persecution and a forum talking about her, I bet she gets off on what everyone here says about her.... Because we're talking about her!!!111eleventy!!

I am shocked that she has left up the comment on her FB page saying that persecution isn't what she thinks it is.

I am shocked that she has left up the comment on her FB page saying that persecution isn't what she thinks it is.

*grins*

I'm a page late on this, but Miss Raquel wrote the drivel "fictional" "Life's Choices" - http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/05/lifes-choices-chapter-1.html and our amazing Hane rewrote it as an actual well written and realistic story, "Life's Frickin Choices" - http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/2303/So-bad-it-s-bad-Life-s-Frickin-Choices-A-fictional-by-Hane#.UFzEPI2PVuM

Thank you, StarrieEyedKat! I was just about to search for those fictionals. *will read this afternoon* I'm so excited!! :dance:

Miss Raquel needs to accept the fact that when she has a public blog, people are going to talk about her and sometimes they aren't going to talk about her in favorable views. When it comes to persecution, people here dislike her mostly because of her personality. She isn't being persecuted. She is pretty full of herself and I laughed when at the picture of her and her brother that was labeled, "Too cool for school, we didn't even go to one". I bet if she had attended a school, she wouldn't have been popular. I also get the feeling that she has social interaction problems. The incident in which she tried out for some community musical or play showed that. She wasn't able to take criticism. I know several Christians that would be turned off by how she talks about religion on God on her blog. The blog title "God's Daughter" would annoy people right away.

My German shepherd was afraid of swans for her whole life after running into one protecting his nest in her youth.

But as my dog was no princess, I am sure each swan Raquel (Actually, this spelling is weird to me, I want to write Rachel al the time.) encounters will bow gracefully to her and eat out of her hand and be perfectly white, because that's what swans do in romance novels, so it must be true.

The (greatest of many) problem about her writing is, in my opinion, that she tries to make the reader "see" by describing the situation, which is, in itself a good thing. "The sun was shining" is better than "The weather was fine". But she can't restrain herself and describes too many things in too great detail that are irrelevant for the content she's trying to express, and she uses stereotypical vocabulary, like she copied, or is heavily influenced by, bad Christian novels.

Edit: Started to read her "fiction", and even the first few lines make me go WTF. Does this girl go for her medical check-ups? She seems not to know how an appointment at the doctor really works, and how a doctor will deliver the news about a pregnancy, and how not (like, assuming she's married and excited about having a baby). And judging from the situation, she must be running out of the doctor's office half-clothed....

She wants someone to sexually proposition her in a shocking enough manner that she has good cause to smack his face. Way to fetishize sexual harassment! I used to know girls like that...sexual harassment was a boon to their self-esteem. This girl has the added baggage of needing to remain pure. She gets off on the (imagined) harassment, but she has to add the idea of smacking a guys face and presumably yelling "FRESH" to maintain her aura of pre-feminist era innocence. Piece. Of. Work.

Let us add the fact that any man who "deserved" to be slapped in the face for sexual harassment would have NO trouble retaliating. About 30 years ago, my friend was propositioned repeatedly by a guy at work. When he stooped to insulting her weight one day in the cafeteria, she dumped a Coke over his head. So he sneakily started altering the engineering diagrams she produced to make them inaccurate. She figured this out, and started making and hiding copies of her originals. When her boss called out her "bad" work, she showed him her hidden versions, and the harasser got in trouble. She was given the choice of whether to get him fired, but she felt bad for his wife and kids and just asked for and got a transfer to a more desirable work environment in another city.

Back in the early '40s, my mom's date was driving her home, and pulled the car into the woods near her house and tried to grope her. He parked the car up against a bush to block her exit. She managed to get out of the car anyway and ran home with torn stockings and twigs in her hair. Her mother took one look at her and knew exactly what had happened. Yeah, slapping the guy in the face would have been such a safe and effective way of dealing with the situation.

I don't know it seems kind of tiresome to snark on Raquel. She's just too shallow foolish and inconsequential for me to really care what she has to say.

I suppose her life is a good example of how SAHD-dom allows girls not to do anything that actually challenges them. Instead of having to get a job and/or go to school, meet people who don't think they way do, expose themselves to new ideas and ways of thinking, they can just hang out in their pajamas and goof around on tumblr/pintrest all day and call that a Godly lifestyle.

Well she removed Sola's remark and posted this:

I just received an email from an atheist, telling me he had found a blog that was attacking 'God's Daughter'.

I learned two things today.

#1 - there is a blog out there making a 'parody' of my own. The person writing it sounds half-drunk and I advise everyone (men, especially) not to try searching for it. It is packed-full of inappropriate language and everything ungodly.

#2 - I met one of the nicest atheists ever. He said: 'Sorry to see that someone would devote time to attacking you personally. While I disagree strongly with your views, personal attacks are always juvenile and I'm sorry to see anyone get them.' Thank you, Mr. Atheist!

Prayers would be appreciated. Thank you. ♥

So, now I'm off to try and search for the blog. Remember, the men need to not read it! :lol:

I wonder if Raquel watched SNL last night.

photo-11_zps350f0879.jpg

If she says she is a big JGL fan, she probably watched. I wonder if Miss Raquel will watch JGL's upcoming movie Looper. Maybe since she is 17, mommy and daddy will finally let her watch an R rated movie.

Archived