IGNORED

Miss Raquel

formergothardite

After searching more I cannot find a blog that:

~ obviously attacks God's daughter

~ the writing is like it was written by a drunk

~ is filled innapropriate things and language that a man especially shouldn't see.

So I'm not really buying that this story is completely true. My guess, the troll made the blog mocking Raquel, then became the nice athiest and sent her the link to it, she lied and made it worse than it really is so that she can earn extra persecution points.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going to state this for the disclaimer: It's always going to be impossible to be 100% certain without a DNA test.* Also, if it were the other way around (parents had blue eyes and one child had brown) Then opinion would lean very heavily towards a mystery sperm donor, since two blue eyed parents normally only make blue eyed children. Because brown eye color is dominant, you can't know what a brown eyed person is packing in their genotype, based on their appearance.

Since the mom is, I assume, unquestionably the real birth mother, and she previously produced a blue eyed baby, that indicates that she recessively carries the blue eyed gene. The odds of her passing the blue eyed gene to any of her children is 50/50. Since the father also had brown eyes but his paternity of the blue eyed child is in question, his genotype is presumed unknown and his possible contribution is unknown, (it is either 50/50 or 0) . Also, since the father had two dark eyed parents thier genotype is also unknown and can not aid in the speculation.

I would be interested to know just how many of the 1st generation brown eyed only kids there were born... if we're talking Duggar sized then well the circumstantial evidence would start to have a real bias. If it's just a few kids, that could easily be typical odds in dealing with recessive v dominant traits.

*Despite the conventional punnett square method for analyzing some traits, there's always the cases of Chimeras.

Darn. Looks like I'm never gonna find out! Thanks to those who replied!

Darn. Looks like I'm never gonna find out! Thanks to those who replied!

I'm not a geneticist, but I'm the biological brown-eyed child of two people with sort-of blue eyes--gray/greenish/hazel depending on how the light hit them. The thing is, eye color is not the simplistic B/b that everyone learns about in high school biology. There are actually several genes controlling pigment. People with little to no pigment in their irises will have blue eyes. A little more pigment will produce shades ranging from gray to green to hazel. People with a lot of pigment will have brown eyes. Evidently I got every gene for pigment that my parents had, and they added up to brown eyes.

My husband also has brown eyes. Two of our three children have brown eyes, and our third has blue eyes. But it isn't a binary system.

Her photography sucks too.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

And it is amazing how she managed to make a blog post about someone else's wedding all about her. We get pictures of her, hear about her hair and then what she ate and drank.

The coloring/lighting is bad IMO, and the one picture of the wedding dress, she should have moved all that stuff out of the way. It makes it looks sloppy. Hopefully Lucia is a better photographer.

Just my nitpick: the editing on the photography has got to go! It's displeasing to the eye and fails to make you focus on the image as all I can see are these huge contrasts.

Agreed on the dress. All I could see was the stuff around the dress before actually seeing the dress.

With practice she might be able to do decently but she definately needs classes and lessons.

Those photos make my head hurt. WTF am I supposed to be looking at? It looks like the "rejects" that I delete off of my camera when I'm taking pics. I'm not a pro, but seriously, the only thing that caught my focus was someone's acne. The rest was a blur.

Lucia isn't much better if you click on the link to her post in R's post. Regarding both her photography skills and the whole making a post about someone else's wedding all about you thing.

I get the feeling they are both under the delusion that if you have a nice camera you will instantly take nice pictures and don't really have to work on it, and Lucia definitely sounds like that in her blog's FAQ (OMG don't look at the pictures I took with a point and shoot!!11!1!). Newsflash, it doesn't. A good photographer could take a decent picture with any camera. It's not about your equipment - although fancy equipment can allow you to do more, it's your skills that make the difference. I am far from a photography expert, but have read up on and off on photography over the past few years and tweaked how I did things and THAT is what has improved my photography, not my camera, which I've had for over five years now, I think. Taking a photography class is on my list of things to do (I didn't have time in college), especially if I ever want to invest in a DSLR. If I get a fancy camera I think it is worth it to learn how to use it but what do I know...

ETA: They also seem to think that if you get any type of blurriness in your picture but it is clear in other areas (I know there is a name for this, but I don't remember) it is a good picture. I mean, sometimes that is desirable, but you have to make sure that the area in focus is the one you want to be in focus. Which probably means not your friend's acne.

Also, I just loved Raquel's post about the Imperfect Letter. Only she can make a post about being imperfect all about how great she is ;) It's a talent, really.

So what's the inappropriate language? VAGINA? Oh lawdy, Raquel, suck it up. Most women have one. :roll:

That's just what I was thinking...and if it's true, that's really, really sad...

She is back to being persecuted on FB:

Got two more negative comments this morning from a reader who doesn't even have a Blogger profile (how fishy is that?!). But hey, keep them coming.

For Jesus tells me, 'Blessed are you when men hate you, and scorn you, and insult you, and say your name is evil, for the sake of the Son of Man. Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven.' {Luke 6:22-23}

Lying for Jesus. Nobody here is persecuting her for the sake of Jesus. We are mocking her because she is shallow.

Got two more negative comments this morning from a reader who doesn't even have a Blogger profile (how fishy is that?!). But hey, keep them coming.

For Jesus tells me, 'Blessed are you when men hate you, and scorn you, and insult you, and say your name is evil, for the sake of the Son of Man. Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven.' {Luke 6:22-23}

Lying for Jesus. Nobody here is persecuting her for the sake of Jesus. We are mocking her because she is shallow.

Miss Raquel, please, as one Christian to another, get off the cross already! We can use the wood!

Having someone make a nasty comment isn't persecution. As an artist I get some really nasty comments and yeah, it can hurt, but that doesn't mean I'm being persecuted.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one!

But, but, but, she has God's opinion! He speaks through her, so if anyone dares to disagree with her then they are disagreeing with God!! Persecution!!!

I'm very late to this thread, but I noticed an interesting comment in Lucia etcetera's wedding post:

JKASMASeptember 25, 2012 5:56 AM

As I sit here on my chaise lounge with my soft blanket on my legs and a neat bun on top my head, I cant help comment to tell you that I LOVE when I see some foolish, Jesus-obsessed freak like you that visits Starbucks. Did you know that Starbucks donates MILLIONS to support gay marriage? So that makes your little java addiction quite hypocritical, doncha think?

PS - your pictures are terrible and you have VERY bad acne. Pray for Mommy to take you to a dermatologist so they can fix your pimple face.

How was this comment published? :o I think this was meant for Raquel, and I find weird that Lucia doesn't moderate her comments.. :think:

Guest Anonymous

As I lie here in my bed, with a thick, winter duvet wrapped around my lower body, and my braided hair gently tousled by a pair of over-sized headphones, I do suspect that this comment was meant for Miss Raquel. In fact, I suspect that it's the work of an FJer. Does anyone want to own up?

CONFESS! CONFESS!

I wouldn't have said anything about how she looked if I left a comment. I did send her a very nice e-mail explaining that in no way was I mocking her Christian beliefs here, that I just found her self-absorbed, childish and hypocritical and then I explained why I felt that way when I read her blog. I then asked how she managed to justify having a bucket list that brought not glory to God but was instead all about gaining fame and admiration for herself. Along with hitting a person.

She never responded. I was really hoping she would because I am really curious as to how she does manage to justify all her actions.

I don't troll on blogs. The comment about her looks was also uncalled for.

Edited to fix typo.

I agree. My feelings about Miss Raquel and her blog aside, that comment crosses a line. Mocking someone's "looks" is the lowest of the low. Of all the things for Miss Raquel to feel like shit about (like not supporting the right of all citizens to marry who they love), her face should not be one of them.

Not having a Blogger profile is fishy? Seriously?

As I sit here listening to LL Cool J through my black and teal headphones, the ceiling fan blowing my hair that is in waves from being braided today, I roll my brown eyes behind my Lisa Loeb-esque glasses.

As I sit here on my couch, a fuzzy blanket wrapped around me, drinking my coffee, wearing my favorite pair of pajamas, with my long, black, hair cascading down my back in loose curls (okay so this part might not be true), I agree that mocking her looks is not cool. There are plenty of other things about her to mock. She can't help her looks, she can help being shallow and self-centered.

I wouldn't have said anything about how she looked if I left a comment. I did send her a very nice e-mail explaining that in no way was I mocking her Christian beliefs here, that I just found her self-absorbed, childish and hypocritical and then I explained why I felt that way when I read her blog. I then asked how she managed to justify having a bucket list that brought not glory to God but was instead all about gaining fame and admiration for herself. Along with hitting a person.

She never responded. I was really hoping she would because I am really curious as to how she does manage to justify all her actions.

I agree that mocking her looks is not ok. I believe that when she reads comments like the one mentioned above, she cries "persecution!!11!!" even more. I would also like to know how she justifies her bucket list and actions.

My brain exploded last night in the thread about Lori promoting more submission (more submission, always, more submission fixes everything) in the face of domestic violence. I made, what I now fear was a very melodramatic post about fundies in general, and now I need a day off.

But I would like to say....this:

I agree that mocking her looks is not cool. There are plenty of other things about her to mock. She can't help her looks, she can help being shallow and self-centered.

.....and formergothardite you have such a way with words, really. I like your posts. ;)

I don't troll on blogs. The comment about her looks was also uncalled for.

Edited to fix typo.

Yep, that's the line I do not cross. It's kinds funny to be addicted to Starbucks,and WHOOPS, they love the gays. And maybe her photos are terrible. But dude, whoever left the acne line ... not OK.

As I sit here on my couch, a fuzzy blanket wrapped around me, drinking my coffee, wearing my favorite pair of pajamas, with my long, black, hair cascading down my back in loose curls (okay so this part might not be true), I agree that mocking her looks is not cool. There are plenty of other things about her to mock. She can't help her looks, she can help being shallow and self-centered.

^ This. Most young adults have spots. There's plenty to snark about with Raquel, but her spots?

Archived