IGNORED

Miss Raquel

formergothardite

Well she is now begging people to nominate her for some homeschooling blogger award (I thought she already graduated from being homeschooled?) and trying to sell essential oils. I wonder if this is what she is going to do instead of getting a real job where she might have to interact with people who don't think she is God's gift to this world.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Well she is now begging people to nominate her for some homeschooling blogger award (I thought she already graduated from being homeschooled?) and trying to sell essential oils. I wonder if this is what she is going to do instead of getting a real job where she might have to interact with people who don't think she is God's gift to this world.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

I admit it - I think it's hilarious that God's daughter is peddling MLM snake oil.

How do I know if essential oils would work for/on me?

It’s never not worked on anyone. Each bottle has a topical, aromatic or dietary use label on them. Some oils may be used more than one way, while others can only be used for one. Some oils must be diluted because of their extreme potentness (which can sometimes cause irritation to skin). Very rarely people have encountered skin discomfort from using Young Living essential oils, but most of the time, it’s a manifestation of their need FOR the oil, because the oil is extracting toxins from their body through their skin. Young Living therapeutic grade essential oils have an intelligence about them that deciphers the need to remove these toxins from a person’s body.

What in the actual fuck with this woo-woo bullshit? Oil has an intelligence about it that deciphers the need to remove toxins from a person's body? BRB, coating myself in Wesson!

**ETA: The oil burns your skin because it's working! Yay! Shades of Lina slathering garlic paste on herself. :shock:

On a somewhat related note to Miss Raquel-did anyone else notice that the Anonymous Antagonist quit his blog? Oh and that she has the little thing on the side bar of her blog that says while she may talk about certain books, music groups, people, etc, she does not endorse everything about them? Could this be a nod to everyone here pointing out that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a liberal who supports gay rights?

On a somewhat related note to Miss Raquel-did anyone else notice that the Anonymous Antagonist quit his blog? Oh and that she has the little thing on the side bar of her blog that says while she may talk about certain books, music groups, people, etc, she does not endorse everything about them? Could this be a nod to everyone here pointing out that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a liberal who supports gay rights?

I don't check the A.A's blog that often. MR probably reads here and found out about JGL supporting gay righs. If she didn't read that here, she could have found out on her own. Also there have been rumors around Hollywood about JGL being gay. I bet she does she get bothered that JGL and some of the other celebrities that she likes support gay rights. If MR dug pretty deep on certain online sites and message boards she would probably find a lot of crazy rumors about some of her favorite celebs. I can't see her being able to stomach some of the gossip threads on DataLounge. There are a lot of anonymous posts from people on DL who say they are Hollywood insiders. It is hard to tell if they are legit or not, but some of them probably are.

I admit it - I think it's hilarious that God's daughter is peddling MLM snake oil.

What in the actual fuck with this woo-woo bullshit? Oil has an intelligence about it that deciphers the need to remove toxins from a person's body? BRB, coating myself in Wesson!

**ETA: The oil burns your skin because it's working! Yay! Shades of Lina slathering garlic paste on herself. :shock:

If it burns you it is for your own good!!! Yeah for essential oils!

From what I learned Young Living Essential oils has made the rounds as a money maker for Stay at Home Fundies in the past. Seriously certain oils will burn, because they are not to be used full strength, not because say cinnamon oil wants to detox you, it burns cause well, it need serious dillution to even think of using it on anything that touches your skin. And how Pagan to think that essential oils, that come from plants have an intelligence all their own. She is going to get some one a nasty rash! BTW for those with no experience with Young Living EO's they are a major crock. They use terms that just don't exist in the field, and the prices are so over inflated it's a joke. I have friends who are pretty knowledgeable about EO's and they are shocked how many people fall for this scam.

Guest Anonymous
Does anyone gets shades of Mckmama from MR being in the MLM business?

Oh. Oh wow. She could totally be mini-Mckmama. She's certainly full of herself like Mckmama, and now she's going to fleece the lord's sheep like her, too.

MLM schemes are rampant in church communities around where I live, it irritates the heck out of me.

Oh. Oh wow. She could totally be mini-Mckmama. She's certainly full of herself like Mckmama, and now she's going to fleece the lord's sheep like her, too.

MLM schemes are rampant in church communities around where I live, it irritates the heck out of me.

A friend of mine lived in Utah when her husband was in the Air Force. She said that she knew Mormons that were involved with MLM schemes. Another friend of mine who lives in the Phoenix metro area said he has heard about a lot of Phoenix area Mormons being involved with Pre-Paid Legal which some people have said is a MLM scheme. I have heard rumors of Mary Kay taking advantage of Christian housewives. Recently, I heard about a few General Hosptial cast members and one of the producers/writers being involved in Monavie juice scam. One of the cast members is fundie lite Steve Burton. When I read MR's posting about those oils, I immediately thought Mckmama. I agree, MR is full of herself. I can see MR pushing those oils even if she knows that it is all bullshit.

Does anyone else find it hilarious that, in the sidebar, she instructs readers to "buy some GD gear!" :lol:

Tsk, tsk Miss Raquel, your language!

Is her blog really popular enough that people would walk around wearing a shirt that says "God's Daughter"?

I think she is popular in some homeschooling circles. But I can see some of her biggest fans not caring enough "God's Daughter" crap. I know people who would be turned off by someone having "God's Daughter" as a blog title. There are a couple of mommy bloggers who I occasionally read for snark purposes. One is a fundie lite homeschooling blogger who is a bit popular on Circle of Moms and she has won awards from them. She seems to more well known than Raquel. But this blogger isn't offering merchandise with her name on it. The other mommy blogger is popular with certain online mom communities and online disabled communities. She is

"The Wheelchair Mommy" whose first name is Priscilla. She does have a twitter and FB fan page, but she also doesn't sell crap that "The Wheelchair Mommy" either. There are some bloggers who have popularity in certain circles, but they don't try act like they are hot shit like MR does.

And you know that it will work for you because the label tells you so! No scientific research needed!

Does anyone else find it hilarious that, in the sidebar, she instructs readers to "buy some GD gear!" :lol:

Tsk, tsk Miss Raquel, your language!

:lol:

Seriously though, I've never seen any non-Jewish person write G-d like that. And since the NAME OF HER BLOG has the word "God" in it... isn't it a bit late to start thinking about whether you might be disrespecting the name of God? Although I'll admit the phrase "God gear" and the use of His name to sell her tat are fairly offensive to me, and I'm more or less an atheist.

Raquel's sales pitch needs some serious work. For example:

- sourced only from known botanical species

I know not all essential oils are pure, but I'm willing to wager 100% of all essential oils are made with known botanical species.

// How do I know if essential oils would work for/on me?

It’s never not worked on anyone.

Bullshit. For me, the scent of Citronella essential oil acts as an anti-emetic. I don't know anyone else who that works for. Not to mention different skin types mean certain oils might moisturise one person's skin and dry out another's. It's false advertising, pure and simple.

She also really hasn't given any reason why her oils are better than the stuff you buy at the pharmacy. She really is astonishingly inept at everything she does.

:lol:

Seriously though, I've never seen any non-Jewish person write G-d like that. And since the NAME OF HER BLOG has the word "God" in it... isn't it a bit late to start thinking about whether you might be disrespecting the name of God? Although I'll admit the phrase "God gear" and the use of His name to sell her tat are fairly offensive to me, and I'm more or less an atheist.

Err, it's probably just an acronym for "God's Daughter". I hope.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. :oops:

It's OK, it took me like three viewings of her blog to figure out what she was conveying. By writing her initialism as "G-D," it does look like she is using the Jewish convention of not writing out the full name of the Divine. But then, I figured her studies of Judaism haven;'t gone further than the legitness of JGL. :roll:

Raquel's sales pitch needs some serious work. For example:

- sourced only from known botanical species

I know not all essential oils are pure, but I'm willing to wager 100% of all essential oils are made with known botanical species.

// How do I know if essential oils would work for/on me?

It’s never not worked on anyone.

Bullshit. For me, the scent of Citronella essential oil acts as an anti-emetic. I don't know anyone else who that works for. Not to mention different skin types mean certain oils might moisturise one person's skin and dry out another's. It's false advertising, pure and simple.

She also really hasn't given any reason why her oils are better than the stuff you buy at the pharmacy. She really is astonishingly inept at everything she does.

So, the essential oils have "never not worked on anyone," but just afterwards, she says that "[v]ery rarely people have encountered skin discomfort..."

So, would creating skin discomfort be considered "working"? :doh:

Guest Anonymous

So, the essential oils have "never not worked on anyone," but just afterwards, she says that "[v]ery rarely people have encountered skin discomfort..."

So, would creating skin discomfort be considered "working"? :doh:

Yes, that's exactly the point she's making. If you experience discomfort, that's just the oil working really well. If you're having an allergic reaction to the oil, buy more oil!

Exactly! The peeling and blisters are just the devil's toxins escaping your unsaved heathen skin! Her essential oils are VIRGIN, dontcha know? And that weeping? Those are the tears of Jesus, imbibing your skin with the bright red glow of health! The oils are so intelligent and so virginal, they save your soul and pray for you while you sleep!

Funniest comment I've read tonight, actually beating out this one about Paul Ryan: "God, Ryan is like one of those sad eye paintings my mom had in the hallway in the 80's."

I notice she only has one comment on that post and that is by someone who is also selling those oils. I guess her fans aren't too thrilled about buying overpriced crap from her.

As I relax in my desk chair, clothed in vermilion Happy Bunny pajama pants and only the finest in LOLcat shirts, I happened to ponder if Miss Raquel will ever reveal to us the state of her horse. How's that poor horse?

The terrible thing about Raquel is that she is all about the surface of things, and she wants adoration and glory while avoiding criticism or any kind of hard work. And so she wants to be a singer, but not take any kind of lessons or put herself through the difficulties of approaching agents or trying to get gigs in small venues. She wants to be a photographer, but not take lessons. She wants to be an actor, but is too scared to go through with auditions. She wants to be a writer, but doesn't want to get an editor or experience the pain of having her work rejected. Even the endless photos of herself strike me as a way for her to be adored in much the way a model would be, while avoiding the painful possibility that real models experience of being rejected for not having the right look. Even her posturing as a homeschooled, Christian stay-at-home daughter is just an act: she wants the respect in her circles that comes from living 'a set-apart life' while still wearing jeans, enjoying secular entertainment and spending hours and hours on the internet.

Her aspirations are sort of like the things I thought when I was a young child. I went through phases of wanting to be, respectively, a professional ballerina, an Olympic gymnast and a circus performer with Cirque du Soleil. The difference was, I was nine years old. I was also taking ballet and gymnastics lessons and going to circus skills classes at summer camp. And I was exposed to criticism and learnt that I was not the most amazing ballerina (or gymnast or whatever) in the world. The other difference is that I went through 13 years of public schooling, which taught me (along with the actual academic things I learnt) that I had strengths and weaknesses in certain areas, but that hard work would make my strengths stronger and my weaknesses less weak. It taught me how to pursue work in fields which played to my strengths, and that while I might enjoy doing certain things, I didn't necessarily have talent in those areas. You don't need public education to learn this, but you do need to expose yourself to criticism, something Raquel is incapable of doing. She doesn't want to learn or work at anything: she just wants the world to be a mirror reflecting back her own sense of importance. She doesn't want friends or teachers, she wants sycophants and enablers. I feel very, very sorry for her.

Archived