IGNORED

Romney's Message Is Changing/Romney Secret Tape (merged)

debrand

Why does it not surprise me in the least that "his" voters are happy to hear this craptastic statement? Ultimately, though, I believe that will be a smaller segment of the population than he will need to have a chance to win.

I work with numerous Republicans and over the water cooler, this morning, all I heard was "What an idiot! Doesn't he know that he's probably being taped/recorded everywhere?" It didn't exactly sound like the statement they'd been waiting for, but then again, they're not the extreme fringe, just typical fiscal conservative/non-haters that my grandparents were.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These aren't gaffes. This is what he really believes and he's finally saying it. As a supporter of Mitt Romney I can tell you that we have been waiting for him to say this stuff for months! But he's been so afraid of the media attacking him on it because they are so in love with Obama and can't stand to hear the other side. Well its getting out now, and even though the media is attacking and acting like its the worst thing for Romney's campaign, its not. His voters have wanted to hear this and they are finally getting to hear it. The "secret" tape release could be the best thing to happen to Mitt. We'll see.

:happy-jumpeveryone:

Ahem, his voters make up much of that 47%, they're just not bright enough to realize it. So I'd say the joke is on y'all.

I pay double the percentage of federal income taxes Mittie the Moocher claims he's paying. Of course, I have to say "claims" because he's only released one full year of taxes. Some believe he's gone years without paying any federal income taxes. But I guess we'll never know because, unlike all modern day presidential candidates, someone feels too superior to release his tax records to his perspective employer - the American people.

Get a fork. Stick it in him.

I do know Republicans who are thinking of becoming Democrats because people like Mitt are taking over the Republican party. They like gay people, are for abortion and think owning a sweat shop is bad. Plus all of the privilaged "jokes" Mitt has made hasn't endeared him to anyone except crazed Tea Partiers.

In the words of one of my friends, "I've been a replublican for close to 30 years, but there isn't room for me in the republican party anymore." And it is true. They are running off the moderate republicans.

It does surprise me how many people I know who are on government support who love him. Really, his support base seems to be made up of people who are too dumb to realize that he is actually mocking them. He cannot have supporters who have a lot of critical thinking skills or they would figure that out.

Blackhawk, jericho lives in this imaginary world where the churches will suddenly just jump in and help the people who need it. Now he ignores that historically this doesn't happen. But this has been his solution so far.

Last year the Barna group released a survey of churches, the main question asked was could they, combined, address the issues of poverty and need. The mainstream sects all said no. The problem the churches faced was $$, infrastructure, trained personnel and limited geographic coverage.

Ahem, his voters make up much of that 47%, they're just not bright enough to realize it. So I'd say the joke is on y'all.

I pay double the percentage of federal income taxes Mittie the Moocher claims he's paying. Of course, I have to say "claims" because he's only released one full year of taxes. Some believe he's gone years without paying any federal income taxes. But I guess we'll never know because, unlike all modern day presidential candidates, someone feels too superior to release his tax records to his perspective employer - the American people.

The red states are welfare states that receive far more federal dollars than what they put into the system. States like Alabama get a huge return, for every $1 in taxes they receive $2.50 in support of the poor and the hungry and those in need. Now that doesn't always keep folks from voting against their best interests. But Florida will be a big battleground. Seniors do not want to give up their SS or the medical benefits or be penalized because they have retirement savings that help them live above the poverty level.

These aren't gaffes. This is what he really believes and he's finally saying it. As a supporter of Mitt Romney I can tell you that we have been waiting for him to say this stuff for months! But he's been so afraid of the media attacking him on it because they are so in love with Obama and can't stand to hear the other side. Well its getting out now, and even though the media is attacking and acting like its the worst thing for Romney's campaign, its not. His voters have wanted to hear this and they are finally getting to hear it. The "secret" tape release could be the best thing to happen to Mitt. We'll see.

gaffe also gaff (gf) n.

1. A clumsy social error; a faux pas: "The excursion had in his eyes been a monstrous gaffe, a breach of sensibility and good taste" (Mary McCarthy).

We need to start shipping dictionaries to fundies.

The red states are welfare states that receive far more federal dollars than what they put into the system. States like Alabama get a huge return, for every $1 in taxes they receive $2.50 in support of the poor and the hungry and those in need. Now that doesn't always keep folks from voting against their best interests. But Florida will be a big battleground. Seniors do not want to give up their SS or the medical benefits or be penalized because they have retirement savings that help them live above the poverty level.

Bingo. Many of this 47% are comprised of working class and poor white people in red states who, because they consider themselves "god-fearin' Amurikans", will probably vote for Romney.

There's no accounting for stupid, I guess, no matter who it is.

It's the best thing that could have happened to his campaign? So that's why he held a Monday night press conference and looked like a deer in the headlights? Riiiight. Maybe ignorant people like you were waiting for him to say the ignorant things you believe, but intelligent people do not want someone as president who is so disdainful of almost half of the country.

I am on unemployment and I pay income tax. I also have always paid income tax at every job I have ever had. How does one get out of paying? By being a corporation? Anyone want to form an LLC with me?

If this does not sink Mittens, nothing will.

I sense a new movement afoot, not unlike the Gideons, but secular, substituting dictionaries for bibles. :lol:

Many of this 47% are comprised of working class and poor white people in red states who, because they consider themselves "god-fearin' Amurikans", will probably vote for Romney.

There's no accounting for stupid, I guess, no matter who it is.

Oh, but they'll feel it if he's elected. He wants the poor, the disabled, the elderly, and the low income working class to start pulling their own weight and paying an income tax on what little they do have. (even if they are already paying payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, excise taxes, etc.)

Meanwhile, he wants more cuts for millionaires and billionaires.

Yes, the contrast could not be starker.

And, frankly, if I were Mittie the Moocher, I'd keep quiet about people who don't pay their fair share in income taxes, seeing as he could be their fucking poster boy.

And now Minnie the Moocher is in my brain. Thanks JenniferJuniper.

Sorry. Here's the Bobby Darin version. Maybe it will help work it out.

So Jericho, if you are such a mittens supporter... If he gets rid of welfare and food stamps because of the 47% (his words) of the population who will vote to keep Obama in office in order to keep that... what are your plans for people who truly depend on food stamps and welfare to make ends meet? Do you think that Mittens will suddenly make enough jobs for everyone to earn a living wage, or should those people just die in the streets? What should Mittens do in order to help those people survive, or should he do nothing? I'm honestly curious, in your republican world, what happens to those people? Especially what happens to those people in the economy we have now (though it is recovering) where people with degrees can't even find jobs to support themselves or their family. I would love to know your idea of a perfect America under a Republican president.

First of all the economy is NOT recovering. (mainstream media strikes again). Every month, way more people are dropping out the workforce than those who are getting jobs. That's why the jobs report, as bad as it sounds every month, is actually way worse than it looks.

Second, Romney would not just eliminate all welfare, but his plan does plan to cut it back. There is much abuse and duplication in the welfare system (and other assistance programs) that needs to be fixed. And as the economy hopefully gets fixed, this can continue to be scaled back.

Guest Anonymous

Sorry. Here's the Bobby Darin version. Maybe it will help work it out.

That's just about terrible enough to keep it out of my head.

Oh wait... it's back!

I know full well what a gaffe is. This wasn't a gaffe. He meant to say it to the audience he was speaking to, but was afraid to say such a thing in public. I'm glad it came out and hopefully this will make Mitt start attacking his opponent more.

It's the best thing that could have happened to his campaign? So that's why he held a Monday night press conference and looked like a deer in the headlights? Riiiight. Maybe ignorant people like you were waiting for him to say the ignorant things you believe, but intelligent people do not want someone as president who is so disdainful of almost half of the country.

This was meant for a private audience. His wording reflects that. Let's get some tapes of Obama campaign meetings and see what he's saying behind the scenes. Level playing field anyone? No, not with the mainstream media.

:happy-jumpeveryone:

Check the facts. No modern day president has released 10 years of taxes.

I know full well what a gaffe is. This wasn't a gaffe. He meant to say it to the audience he was speaking to, but was afraid to say such a thing in public. I'm glad it came out and hopefully this will make Mitt start attacking his opponent more.

There's a reason for that. His words are at odds with reality and would alienate people who would otherwise vote for him. As mentioned, the elderly who may vote conservatively will (hopefully and SHOULD) be offended that while they may not pay a lot in federal income tax,

do
still pay taxes. If they own their own home, they still have to pay property tax. If they buy food or anything else at a store, they have to pay state and/or local sales tax. If their spouse dies, they have to pay estate taxes. If they get a social security check, they still have to pay taxes on it. They may get it back when they files their tax returns, but that's because they have such little money coming in. What would you have them do? Get 85 year old grandma out of her wheelchair and have her work a full time job so that Mittens can get more tax breaks? Are you really that stupid?

I personally hope he keeps right on yapping. This would have embarrassed me when I was a republican and it is embarrassing to the republicans I rub shoulders with, who are decent people who don't condone speaking of others in those ways.

I felt embarrassed when President Obama spoke about the guns and religions thing in 2008 (and yes, the MSM is airing tape of that today - I've heard it replayed at least three times). I happen to agree with some of the point he was trying to make, but it doesn't make it necessarily right to say it. That's how the seven or eight republicans I have spoken to today about are feeling about Romney's "remarks".

It does surprise me how many people I know who are on government support who love him. Really, his support base seems to be made up of people who are too dumb to realize that he is actually mocking them. He cannot have supporters who have a lot of critical thinking skills or they would figure that out.

On the contrary, Obama's support base is too dumb to look at the past 4 years. It's right in front of their eyes, yet they are listening to a man campaign like he's not an incumbent.

Archived