IGNORED

Romney's Message Is Changing/Romney Secret Tape (merged)

debrand

I'm not sure why all the fundie friends I know aren't upset about voting for a godless Mormon, yet flip out that people are voting for the godless Muslim. It is really like all rational thought has vanished.

I really do think it is about race. If Obama was white and named Mike/Fred/Bill/Will and a Muslim there wouldn't be as much hatred towards him. He is black and has a name that isn't common, so obviously he isn't American.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure why all the fundie friends I know aren't upset about voting for a godless Mormon, yet flip out that people are voting for the godless Muslim. It is really like all rational thought has vanished.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes.

I'm not sure it is about race entirely (though certainly for some)...my Romney friends are just okay with voting for the godless mormon because he is a Republican. If he were a Democrat, they'd raise hell about him being in office.

One of my acquaintances justifies voting for R by saying "America isn't the church"..but yet she proudly went to CFA to buy chicken and is adamantly against gay marriage....thus making America the church and forcing her OPINION on everyone else.

Picking and choosing when to care about your faith. The new Republican platform. :doh:

Archived