IGNORED

FJer spots Duggars in Tokyo - Photos Added

bionicmlle

Is it just me, or are the J-Slaves spray tanning? Jana and Jessa are starting to look pretty sexy for meek, modest, sahds.

They have been spray tanning for a loooong time. Years. There have been many a pic where one or more of them was as orange as an oompa-loompa.

Edited to add: I'm glad to see they had a rickshaw for poor grandma to rest in.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I know, I know! Was just teasing... and offering MckM some business. :) haha!!!!

I was hoping you were joking. I looked at your pictures and thought "She's who I aspire to look like"

I like that MckM ref. Well played, Sir. Well played.

Anna is in the photo, facing the other way - you can't see her face. she's on the left. Jill WAS the one leaning against a pole. If you notice Grandma is in the rickshaw right before we crossed the street but then she was way over on the right, standing behind the older girls doing nothing. It looks like the red stroller is Anna and Josh's (with Mack asleep I think) and the other stroller on the far left was a single stroller with a ton of crap in it and it's where J'chelle got the "family pictures" from. It really didn't seem like they were doing anything.

I don't understand the long sleeves, either, but I think maybe they were all trying to sort of "match" because all of them in orange/brown/yellow. Also, I'm guessing the producers dissuade him from wearing t-shirts because they can be particularly bad with the gut.

Josie looks a lot like that Honey Boo Boo child, doesn't she? I also noticed that her shoulders are bare; I remember one of the talking heads saying that they cover shoulder to thight to be Godly or modest or some such Bible thumping thing. Poor Josie is defrauding people, but since it's only the Godless, heathen foreigners, I guess it's okay.

Thanks for the snapss, Bionic!

There are more, somewhere, but we had about a million cameras and I'm dead to the world at this point.... Yes josh was a bit large. I never really expected Anna to just STARE. It was so odd. Actually the "children" (thanks Pastor Maxwell!) were a little cold but JB and Michelle were oddly delightful. They MUST have an "on" button under their collars.

I have been a lurker on this forum for some time but this was the only time I felt I needed to post.

When I met Josh, Anna, John and Mack (Probably about 2 years ago) Anna did the exact same thing! She stood a step or two behind Josh the entire time and had a stink eye look going on at me.

The only time her expression changed was when we took a photo. It's gotta be weird having random people come up to you all the time but damn, Thought she'd be over that by now.

I have a photo if anyone wants to see. Got away with a defrauding arm around John David. :dance:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FGYZFI/ref=asc_df_B007FGYZFI2185486?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B007FGYZFI&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13964710101233860806&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

JB's camera is $3500, without lenses, memory, extra batteries, etc. So more like $5500 when all is said and done. For comparison, the complete tuition and books for one LPN program I'm looking at applying to is $5300.

Fuck the Duggars. Not because they're rich, but because Jill will be 'thinking about' nursing for the rest of her miserable life.

Just catching up here so this may already have been addressed, but I don't think he's holding a 5d3. I think he's got a kit 5d2 or 5d classic, those come with an L zoom lens. I would guess 5d2 with kit lens, so... $4k total. And honestly, considering Jinger is trying hard to get into photography, at least the poor girl has a nice camera to learn on. That camera is quite a bit nicer than mine, and I AM a photographer!

I get your point, but on the other hand, just because he's holding it doesn't mean he even knows how to use it - unless one knows photography there is no difference between a Rebel and a 5d2. I would guess it was purchased for Jinger to learn, and I'm all for her learning SOMETHING besides the SOTDRT drivel, especially something that could earn her escape money someday if she pushes hard to learn.

ETA: I checked their picasa site. it is a 5d2 with several lenses, including a 70-200 f/2.8L II, a 15mm f/8 fisheye and the kit lens (24-105 f/4L). It is gripped with what appears to be the Canon grip and Jinger appears to be one of the only users of it... so I'm guessing that $6k worth of equipment is for her.

Impressive job getting pictures!

Josie is getting big, but she still looks frail to me :( And WOW at Josh, all that Chick-fil-a has taken its toll. And this is coming from a fat girl!

You'd think that they might have a child- say, Josie or Jordyn- in that stroller, but no, they'd got a bunch of damn photos of the family in the stroller. Of course, as usual, J'chelle is not holding a toddler.

Ok, Ok. I GET IT. I'll go back on my Xyng.

Just to be clear, I meant Josh. :lol: Love, the fat but steadily shrinking Visionoyaweh.

Just catching up here so this may already have been addressed, but I don't think he's holding a 5d3. I think he's got a kit 5d2 or 5d classic, those come with an L zoom lens. I would guess 5d2 with kit lens, so... $4k total. And honestly, considering Jinger is trying hard to get into photography, at least the poor girl has a nice camera to learn on. That camera is quite a bit nicer than mine, and I AM a photographer!

I get your point, but on the other hand, just because he's holding it doesn't mean he even knows how to use it - unless one knows photography there is no difference between a Rebel and a 5d2. I would guess it was purchased for Jinger to learn, and I'm all for her learning SOMETHING besides the SOTDRT drivel, especially something that could earn her escape money someday if she pushes hard to learn.

ETA: I checked their picasa site. it is a 5d2 with several lenses, including a 70-200 f/2.8L II, a 15mm f/8 fisheye and the kit lens (24-105 f/4L). It is gripped with what appears to be the Canon grip and Jinger appears to be one of the only users of it... so I'm guessing that $6k worth of equipment is for her.

Ah, OK, I didn't think to check the metadata. I'm all for getting your kids nice things, but there's no way the got that camera at a thrift store or a a deep discount. Just don't lie, assholes! Even though Gothard teaches that appearance is only 10 percent (I always wonder how he determined that) of your spiritual life, they're all hung up on looks, catching perfect PR photos, etc. What is beautiful IS NOT always good.

I think their "image driven" style is partially because that is how Michelle is, even fundie. She was a cheerleader before, skinny and pretty and popular. And we all know who wears the figurative pants in that family....

I think their "image driven" style is partially because that is how Michelle is, even fundie. She was a cheerleader before, skinny and pretty and popular. And we all know who wears the figurative pants in that family....

Actually, I hope she does wear the pants in the family. I don't see that as a problem at all. I hate that submissive stuff.

I have been a lurker on this forum for some time but this was the only time I felt I needed to post.

:text-welcomewave: Glad to have you! Love your username. :D

Your pic is interesting! I would also like to hear more of the background on how you came to have your picture taken with them!

Great photos!

Yes josh was a bit large. I never really expected Anna to just STARE. It was so odd.

When I met Josh, Anna, John and Mack (Probably about 2 years ago) Anna did the exact same thing! She stood a step or two behind Josh the entire time and had a stink eye look going on at me.

The only time her expression changed was when we took a photo.

Regarding Anna and her "stink eye", could she possibly be just a very jealous, possessive wife?

Or, maybe she reads here and at other snark boards, and whenever a young woman who is dressed in non-Gothard fashion asks for a photo, she knows what kind of comments will follow.

I agree with ArwenEvenstar, you'd think she'd be used to people approaching them and asking for photos by now.

It could also be because walking up to a man and having a casual conversation is something that is considered strictly masculine in her world. I bet the only unrelated man Anna's ever had a conversation with is Josh.

30d9f1c.jpg

Have to say, Mack was a adorable little doll!

Interesting! How did you get into the inner circle wearing those totally defrauding jeans*? Spill!

Looks as though JD is also spreading sideways too. :? Nice that Mack is adorable.

*not being creepy, but you have an enviable figure yourself.

Actually, I bet he could have gotten a 5DMii fairly "cheaply" even before the Markiii came out. A lot of people were jumping ship to Nikon with the Mark iii, and the outer focal point issues.

Archived