IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller are expecting!

xReems

I'm still incredibly, incredibly distressed that this woman is bringing a child into the world.

It makes me want to get pregnant today and teach my child about chlorophyll.

I don't get the David gay things though. How can everyone tell? He seems a bit earnest to me, and his dress sense is a bit odd (though not for fundies), but I don't get the definite gay thing. :?:

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David just has a lot of very stereotypically nelly mannerisms in his speech and body language; more, in fact, than I would say the average gay male of my acquaintance does, and I've hung out with a pretty broad spectrum of 'em. Now yes, it could just be that an overly sheltered upbringing has made him unaware of how he comports himself (probably true of David in general, not just the possibly-gay stuff), but he clearly pings people's gaydar more than most fundie men, so that's why some of us are betting this is a nature-trumping-nurture thing.

Davina and Priscilla found out the sex of their baby today. No blog post so far! I hope everything is okay with the baby.

I thought he'd want to inform his fan club immediately.

Second that, I hope everything is okay Pricilla and David both seem so happy and excited that I would hate for anything to be wrong.

Davina and Priscilla found out the sex of their baby today. No blog post so far! I hope everything is okay with the baby.

I thought he'd want to inform his fan club immediately.

I think it would be best for everyone if she miscarried. Their poor blessing is going to have no chance. It's going to be beaten from day one, denied an education, forced to share meagre food rations with the litter to follow and be indoctrinated into set of beliefs that marginalises both its gay father and stupid mother (for being female, not stupid; stupidity is a-ok in their world). The best it can hope for is life as a broodmare, missionary or unsuccessful manual labourer.

I think it would be best for everyone if she miscarried. Their poor blessing is going to have no chance. It's going to be beaten from day one, denied an education, forced to share meagre food rations with the litter to follow and be indoctrinated into set of beliefs that marginalises both its gay father and stupid mother (for being female, not stupid; stupidity is a-ok in their world). The best it can hope for is life as a broodmare, missionary or unsuccessful manual labourer.

O_o I am sure they would be heartbroken enough that your statement is utterly wrong.

Jeez even if many fundies make terrible parents, I don't wish harm on any of them.

Hmm, maybe it's just a really late appointment. I agree it's unfortunate they're bringing anyone into this world but I won't wish a miscarriage or fetal problems on them.

O_o I am sure they would be heartbroken enough that your statement is utterly wrong.

Jeez even if many fundies make terrible parents, I don't wish harm on any of them.

But they're going to harm this poor child as soon as it's brought into the world. It'll be beaten from the time it's old enough to crawl, and if a girl will be treated like the family drudge. It won't have the lifeskills to achieve anything outside the fundie realm even if it was able to escape. I just don't see any future for the poor thing, and frankly, given that these people would happily see me without rights I wouldn't shed a tear over their losing the potential to ruin a child's life.

Hmm, maybe it's just a really late appointment. I agree it's unfortunate they're bringing anyone into this world but I won't wish a miscarriage or fetal problems on them.

Just to make it clear, I'm not wishing anything on the unfortunate couple, instead pointing out what a travesty it would be for the two of them to get their paws on an innocent baby.

I have to agree with you. I can't say I'm honestly hoping everything would be all right because...well, I'm not thrilled about them becoming parents. As someone has said we know the poor child will be beaten, denied education, horribly discriminated against if it's a girl etc. so I can't honestly say I hope it goes spiffingly and they have a whole brood. But I also don't wish they have something go wrong either, because it's mean to wish that on anyone. I'm in the middle.

I don't think any of us think they should be parents we just don't wish the heartache of a miscarriage or a baby with health problems on them. I also hold out hope for allot of these kids born into the fundie lifestyle that eventually they will leave. It certainly won't be an easy thing if they do, but the more that leave the easier it will become for those who want to.

I really hope everything is okay with the baby since if there was a defect or congenital disorder no matter how severe they would never abort, no matter how much suffering the baby would have to endure. Also can any of you imagine Priscilla caring for an extremely sick or special needs child, I'm not sure she would be up to the challenge. I also can imagine it would really suck to be a sick or special needs child growing up in thier home I can imagine you get plenty of prayer and not enough medical care.

It's a boy!

Well thank goodness. At least they're not bringing another slave into the world.

On the other hand, one more soldier for Christ.

I can only hope that David found the act of conception so repellent this will be their only child.

Well thank goodness it's not a poor little girl, also who wants to bet it's just burning Smuggar up that David got Priscilla pregnant with the much desired male heir on the first try.

I hope this baby satisfies both sets of grandparents for a long, long time so that David doesn't feel pressured to meet any more expectations. Maybe he'll find a nice list of excuses for why there aren't any more until Gothard passes on and perhaps some sanity will set in.

Not only can the child ultimately move out and have a happy life, but there is still hope that something will get them into fundie-light territory and even mainstream. It happened to others. Because there is this, I really don't see why hoping for miscarriage would really be acceptable. But that's my feelings anyway.

I don't think hoping for an (early) miscarriage is harmful. Miscarriages are very common. It's not like hoping for a stillbirth.

There's a chance that could happen to the child, but unlikely. It's a bit like saying people who want an abortion and can't take care of a child shouldn't get one because their child might be Beethoven.

I don't think hoping for an (early) miscarriage is harmful. Miscarriages are very common. It's not like hoping for a stillbirth.

There's a chance that could happen to the child, but unlikely. It's a bit like saying people who want an abortion and can't take care of a child shouldn't get one because their child might be Beethoven.

no I don't agree, behind the crazy there are two human beings that have been brainwashed and who really hope for that project of a child. I think hoping for miscarriage is really distasteful and on the same level as hoping for a death or an accident (both things happen in real life too). To them it will be the same magnitude.

I'd rather hope that her fertility is not à la Duggar, that her body manages to keep healthy intervals between pregnancy, but to wish that her pregnancies end up in miscarriage? no, really not. I think there is a line, and I would not cross it.

I can't jump on the 'hoping for an early miscarriage' train for them. Having had an early miscarriage, it was absolutely life shattering for me at the time- and I am not fundie. Thankfully, I was pregnant again less than a month later and now have a healthy ten month old boy- that I would not have otherwise- however, at the time it was a very, very low point in my life. I can't imagine wishing that on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

I can't jump on the 'hoping for an early miscarriage' train for them. Having had an early miscarriage, it was absolutely life shattering for me at the time- and I am not fundie. Thankfully, I was pregnant again less than a month later and now have a healthy ten month old boy- that I would not have otherwise- however, at the time it was a very, very low point in my life. I can't imagine wishing that on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

I agree.

It's sad that they are gender stereotyping already with their blue is for boys pink is for girls post. I don't believe those blue outfits for the announcement are an accident.

It's a boy!

::crosses self:: Thank you, mother of God. One less little girl to brainwash and take freedom from. At least boys can work... and have houses... sort of.

Here's hoping it doesn't get a stupid name.

Speaking of name, $20 says they pull a Jim Bob and J'chelle and name all of their (hopefully not very many) children with the same first initial. Something about them (perhaps the fact they were on the show and that JB&M and the clan had a large part in their wedding) makes me think they're Duggar wannabes. Like a few years from now they'll be trying to get their own show. Wouldn't that piss Smuggar off...

Speaking of name, $20 says they pull a Jim Bob and J'chelle and name all of their (hopefully not very many) children with the same first initial. Something about them (perhaps the fact they were on the show and that JB&M and the clan had a large part in their wedding) makes me think they're Duggar wannabes. Like a few years from now they'll be trying to get their own show. Wouldn't that piss Smuggar off...

Well, I guess now that we know the gender, we can start the name pool. If they do follow the Duggar model, then it'll be all D names. What's in the Bible...Daniel. I'll go with Daniel.

Or if they really are Duggar wannabes, there's always...Duggar! Duggar Waller. :puke-front: Fortunately, I don't think even these two nimrods are dumb enough to go that far.

Well, I guess now that we know the gender, we can start the name pool. If they do follow the Duggar model, then it'll be all D names. What's in the Bible...Daniel. I'll go with Daniel.

Or if they really are Duggar wannabes, there's always...Duggar! Duggar Waller. :puke-front: Fortunately, I don't think even these two nimrods are dumb enough to go that far.

Not a chance. One of the shunned Keller siblings is named Daniel. No way they'd name a kid after someone who rejected Gothardism.

I could never wish a miscarriage on anyone. I've had too many, and that kind of pain is something no one should have to live with. I wish they'd never gotten together in the first place, but now that there is a FIRSTBORN SON!!!111!!!!ELEVENTY!!! on the way, maybe the fact that they have an heir will be enough to kill any motivation that David has to get freaky with Priscilla. I wonder if Smuggar is a little less smug now that Gayvid has managed to father a son(!!!!!!!) on the first try. You just know he was praying for a legion of girls. Great. If Anna's not pregnant already, I imagine Josh is going to be all over that.

Archived