IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller are expecting!

xReems

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun video! Let me say, those were long, full frontal hugs Priscilla and the nanny, uh, chaperone gave each other! Is that allowed, or is full frontal female hugging defrauding? A puzzle. Also on a side note, I own a desk that matches the Duggarlings furniture. JimBob, if you're looking for a desk, I can hook you up. Such a deal!

I don't know, but his mother's reactions seems like she knew that if he waited any longer they would have to deal with him coming out of the closet. Better to marry him off before he brings (what they consider) shame to the family name. :roll:

Or it simply could have been that his mother wanted to stop any tongue wagging about David. He's still a long way from coming out, although he does strike me as the type who is eventually going to snap. He's just seems so Ted Haggardish to me.

As for a young man wanting to hang on to his virginity for several more years - even though his intended was already selected - that's a red flag if ever there was one.

I can't puzzle out the statement in bold, and I think it’s deliberately cryptic so no one will. But by "wrap" does he mean wrap or "rap"?

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/19-kids-and-counting/videos/duggars-on-dating.htm

Has this been posted yet? TLC shows us one of David and Priscilla's chaperones! Oh boy!

(Sorry about the link, I can't figure out how to embed the TLC videos and there's no youtube version that I've found)

This whole emphasis on having a chaperon is such a stupid concept. These fundies do not trust others let alone themselves that they feel they need to have someone there as a reminder? I have friends who are in relationships-some have had sex and some haven't. Those who are waiting until marriage never had any chaperons yet they're strong enough to withhold from jumping on each other. Temptation is normal no matter who you are but if both people have the same "convictions", there's no need to have someone hovering over to remind you that "God is still watching you." Even if you end up having sex, that's between the couple, not the parents. Jim Bon is so full of himself when he explained how they had "problems" since they played the "dating game." What problems could they seriously have had? Kissing before their wedding day? Holding hands and hugging? Oh no the horror of not waiting to touch until engagement! How terrible, I'm sure they needed marriage counseling for that. So many couples out there have played the "dating game" yet continue to have a strong and meaningful marriage. Just because you choose to refrain from having any sort of physical and emotional connection during a courtship, doesn't make you a power couple and a good example. I've been with my man for almost 5 years-both of us came into this relationship with "baggage", have gone on dates alone, been each others rooms alone, yet we haven't had any problems. I'm guessing God is frowning down on us then.

This whole emphasis on having a chaperon is such a stupid concept. These fundies do not trust others let alone themselves that they feel they need to have someone there as a reminder?

The first thing my filthy little mind thought when I watched the video was "I reckon these fundies have never heard of three-ways."

Not that David's having any of that, at least not with this particular chaperon.

Ha, I don't even know if they're aware that there's different types of positions you can try. If they are aware, maybe they're taught that missionary is more God pleasing than doggy style.

I really think the fact that Priscilla isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer was a "positive" factor for her landing a Waller boy. I'm guessing she was seen as childlike and innocent, and I'm sure that's a plus in Gothard circles. It seems like she would be less questioning of any behavior from her headship that other girls, even fundie ones, would find odd.

The David and Priscilla courtship story reminds me of my cousin and his fundish wife's story from 20 plus years ago. My cousin was an awkward, not very masculine guy with little experience with girls. When he introduced us to his bride to be, she was very open about telling various family members that she felt like she was going to throw up the first time my cousin kissed her (which was after his proposal) but "God laid it on her heart" that she should marry him. Even though they met an an evil secular college, she wore mostly skirts, no make up, had hair to her butt and a seemed a little disconnected from reality - like Pris. The wedding included a homemade fugly dress and a chance to meet her family - large number of siblings, mousy mom and domineering father.

My cousin and wife had a baby nine months after the wedding. A couple years later, after their second child, the young mother had a major breakdown. She revealed that domineering dad had been sexually abusive when she lived at home. There were terrible repercussions in her family and rifts that remain to this day.

The similarities in the two stories are a bit creepy.

Ha, I don't even know if they're aware that there's different types of positions you can try. If they are aware, maybe they're taught that missionary is more God pleasing than doggy style.

We could pitch in and send them a copy of the Kama Sutra. :obscene-sexualdoggy:

I really think the fact that Priscilla isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer was a "positive" factor for her landing a Waller boy. I'm guessing she was seen as childlike and innocent, and I'm sure that's a plus in Gothard circles. It seems like she would be less questioning of any behavior from her headship that other girls, even fundie ones, would find odd.

I have to agree with you. The Keller family probably saw both the Duggars & the Wallers were good place for their kids. I also think that their daughter Suzanna would have been a good match for her because maybe they saw her slipping away & thought if they force her to marry a Waller or a Duggar she would have run, even though she did anyway.

Fun video! Let me say, those were long, full frontal hugs Priscilla and the nanny, uh, chaperone gave each other! Is that allowed, or is full frontal female hugging defrauding? A puzzle. Also on a side note, I own a desk that matches the Duggarlings furniture. JimBob, if you're looking for a desk, I can hook you up. Such a deal!

Women aren't ever sexually attracted to each other. It's about keeping them safe and pure from the menz :roll:

I showed one of my friends who knows nothing about the Duggars, Kellers, Wallers, etc. the pregnancy video without an explanation. She just said "But...how can he get anyone pregnant? He's gay!"

Women aren't ever sexually attracted to each other. It's about keeping them safe and pure from the menz :roll:

That thought has floated around my head for quite some time. When fundies or mere social conservatives mention teh gheys, they actually mean the MEN. Their focus appears to be squarely in the crosshairs of what they feel is a threat from gay men. I've never heard a peep about lesbians in their rhetoric. Actually, a conservative friend of mine who is of the "hate the sin, love the sinner" crowd (one person I actually think is sincere in this train of thought) is TURNED ON by girl-on-girl action. Then again, he's nowhere near a fundie, marginal Christian (a social church-goer; he's a lawyer in the South, that's how they roll).

At any rate, he's the only anti-gay equality person I know, or have heard, who even acknowledges that lesbians exist.

I've never heard a peep about lesbians in their rhetoric. Actually, a conservative friend of mine who is of the "hate the sin, love the sinner" crowd (one person I actually think is sincere in this train of thought) is TURNED ON by girl-on-girl action. Then again, he's nowhere near a fundie, marginal Christian (a social church-goer; he's a lawyer in the South, that's how they roll).

At any rate, he's the only anti-gay equality person I know, or have heard, who even acknowledges that lesbians exist.

Nearly every straight guy I've ever known has been turned on by just the idea of gurl-on-gurl. I think it must be hardwired. I can't imagine fundie or otherwise gay-hating men would be any different if they allowed themselves to see or even imagine such a thing.

I showed one of my friends who knows nothing about the Duggars, Kellers, Wallers, etc. the pregnancy video without an explanation. She just said "But...how can he get anyone pregnant? He's gay!"

That is really funny. That your friend said that. If u look at some of the messages on the YouTube clip other people r saying the same thing.

Wow, I watched that clip of their chaperones. Priscilla is dumb as a box of rocks. She couldn't even formulate a complete sentence when explaining her need for a chaperon. [giggle, followed by flying hair] "Why don't you talk" [awkward side kiss].

More David:

It's very hard not to hear double-entendres in most of this sermon, if you can stay awake through it.

Sad ending, I must admit, but that doesn't make the story any better.

Oh, and I know lots of siblings who are not Their Exact Type of Christian (or believers at all, in some cases) who have chosen to encourage a younger sibling rather than competing. Happens all the time.

I also found this page, dedicated to his brother's memory:

visionserve.org/isaac/

Scroll down and you'll see this:

Good Enough?

Isaac was a great brother, but he wasn’t perfect enough to get to heaven on his own. Click this link see why.

Tasteful, eh? Gotta get that "good person" test onto every page somehow!

Or it simply could have been that his mother wanted to stop any tongue wagging about David. He's still a long way from coming out, although he does strike me as the type who is eventually going to snap. He's just seems so Ted Haggardish to me.

As for a young man wanting to hang on to his virginity for several more years - even though his intended was already selected - that's a red flag if ever there was one.

I can't puzzle out the statement in bold, and I think it’s deliberately cryptic so no one will. But by "wrap" does he mean wrap or "rap"?

That could just as easily mean he's asexual. It doesn't seem to me like he's at all interested in sex, with a woman OR a man. I imagine he got her pregnant so he doesn't have to deal with having sex for nine months. He probably found some scripture to defend that. Then now that he's proved himself to the fundie people by knocking her up, he'll probably not have sex with her very often, and they'll be Quiverful and Fertile and still end up with 3 or 4 kids.

For his sake, I hope he's asexual instead of homosexual, even if I don't think it looks that way. I just can't imagine the pain he would ultimately put himself and Priscilla through by being in this sham of a marriage if he's not straight. And if he is gay, he'll probably end up thinking he's doing something wrong if he can't make it go away, because that's what these stupid fundamentalists believe, you can pray the gay away. I would just rather him be asexual, because otherwise he's just set up for a life of feeling like a failure and bringing heartache to many around him.

I have a question. I don't know anyone who grew up in a family where a parent came out as gay well into the marriage. Do any of you know someone who grew up in an environment like that? I'm curious how it ultimately affects a child in that situation. I don't think a parent being gay means the parent would be a bad one, but if the parent is living a lie, surely it must cause some issues in a home.

That could just as easily mean he's asexual. It doesn't seem to me like he's at all interested in sex, with a woman OR a man.

While there are certainly some asexual people in this world, there are many more homosexual and bisexual people. So odds are he's not asexual.

And why would you assume he's not interested in sex? Not to be overly graphic, but even if they used a turkey baster, he still ejaculated.

That is really funny. That your friend said that. If u look at some of the messages on the YouTube clip other people r saying the same thing.

Those comments must have been deleted; the only ones I saw were fulsome congratulations. But holy moly, my gaydar was screaming. I knew one other woman who married a man who was that obviously gay...not surprisingly, they divorced a few years later.

Those comments must have been deleted; the only ones I saw were fulsome congratulations. But holy moly, my gaydar was screaming. I knew one other woman who married a man who was that obviously gay...not surprisingly, they divorced a few years later.

Here are some Youtube comment that have not yet disappeared.

He's one of the gayest guys I've seen in a while and he doesn't even know. Idiocy, I say.

He's gayer than a picnic basket. How sad for him...and for her. Although she probably won't notice because she seems a bit, um, developmentally delayed, shall we say. If they didn't belong to that cult, he could be out and proud and she could maybe marry a heterosexual.

Omgosh. I felt horrible for thinking the same thing, but yeah. I watched the TLC Special of 19 Kids and Counting, and he seemed more than a little...ahem. Who knows, though. Maybe it's just how he is.

Wait, does this guy actually believe he's straight? This is just so sad

yup hes a homosexual

When his he going to come out of the closet?

For his sake, I hope he's asexual instead of homosexual, even if I don't think it looks that way. I just can't imagine the pain he would ultimately put himself and Priscilla through by being in this sham of a marriage if he's not straight. And if he is gay, he'll probably end up thinking he's doing something wrong if he can't make it go away, because that's what these stupid fundamentalists believe, you can pray the gay away. I would just rather him be asexual, because otherwise he's just set up for a life of feeling like a failure and bringing heartache to many around him.

I have a question. I don't know anyone who grew up in a family where a parent came out as gay well into the marriage. Do any of you know someone who grew up in an environment like that? I'm curious how it ultimately affects a child in that situation. I don't think a parent being gay means the parent would be a bad one, but if the parent is living a lie, surely it must cause some issues in a home.

I knew a family where the wife came out as a lesbian about 15 years into the marriage. She filed for divorce. There were two children, both preteens at the time. I moved away not too long after so I don't know the long term outcome but initially it was very traumatic for the children but I don't know that it was any more traumatic than any other divorce. I've just moved back to the town and I don't think the family still lives here. But I've been meaning to find out so I'll ask one of my friends tomorrow.

While there are certainly some asexual people in this world, there are many more homosexual and bisexual people. So odds are he's not asexual.

And why would you assume he's not interested in sex? Not to be overly graphic, but even if they used a turkey baster, he still ejaculated.

The whole "wait until I'm 25" "well, wait until I'm 28, IF she's still available". A gay man could link his wife to some Mark Driscoll, convince her anal is okay, and picture someone else as he's getting the job done. This guy seems like he's totally scared of intimacy altogether.

Asexual people aren't incapable of sex, they just prefer to live happily without it.

Archived