IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller are expecting!

xReems

Were you able to write it like that as you went or did you have to change it after you wrote it? I find writing in The SODRT Method takes a tremendous amount more brain power! :lol:

I wrote it as I went but it took me much longer than it would have otherwise.

Even though it more than those who attended the SOTDRT, I've seen mistakes like that even from those I assume received a quality education. One day our local paper covered restaurants being allowed to sell alcohol on Sunday (blue laws suck). They included a picture of a sign at one of the restaurants. The sign said "We now sale alcohol on Sunday!" :doh:

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's true (or at least, it's being taught in psychology classes at a state university). The scientists think it has to do with the womb environment of the mother being changed somehow because of all of the previous males she's given birth to. The correlation is only found in biological brothers from the same mother, not in adoptive or step families, or brothers with the same father but different mother.

I find this to be really interesting, because my husband is one of 5 boys and none of them turned out to be gay. All of them appear to be happily married and extremely interested in their wives.

The thing about this that interests me personally is that it's the exact opposite of the gay men I've known through my life. Especially in high school I had a lot of gay friends because I was involved in the GSA. I have two older brothers, the oldest one is gay. My best friend from high school was gay, and he had a younger sister. Another gay man I knew had a younger brother and a younger sister. My friend from work is also an oldest child, with a younger brother and a younger sister, another boy I knew from work had an older sister and a younger brother. Another friend of mine from school had an older sister. So the more I hear this, the stranger it is for me because the people I know seem to display the opposite.

I wrote it as I went but it took me much longer than it would have otherwise.

Even though it more than those who attended the SOTDRT, I've seen mistakes like that even from those I assume received a quality education. One day our local paper covered restaurants being allowed to sell alcohol on Sunday (blue laws suck). They included a picture of a sign at one of the restaurants. The sign said "We now sale alcohol on Sunday!" :doh:

This reminds me of something that I saw back in my college-shopping days. I was attending a prospective students' weekend at a well-regarded private liberal arts college (I won't name names), and chalked outside the students' center was the phrase "Welcome perspective students!" I did not attend that school.

I really feel sorry for Priscilla. I can just imagine how happy & excited she was to give him that positive pee stick, imagining their life together serving God, all the babies they'll have, & how happy they'll be forever & ever.

She's been taught to believe that if she just keeps quiet, keeps sweet, and puts her headship & her God first, everything will be wonderful for her.

As someone who was married for 15 years to a fabulously gay, Narnia-deep in the closet fundie (EXH2), I know how bad it's going to suck for her if she ever figures out the truth.

No amount of praying, bible-thumping, or fake-smiling stopped my train-wreck of a marriage from falling apart. I did everything my church taught I was supposed to do, and when it didn't work my world & my faith fell apart. At least I was able to go back to school & earn a degree so that I could support my kids & get out. Priscilla won't have that option.

This reminds me of something that I saw back in my college-shopping days. I was attending a prospective students' weekend at a well-regarded private liberal arts college (I won't name names), and chalked outside the students' center was the phrase "Welcome perspective students!" I did not attend that school.

Maybe they just had a really good studio art/art history program. ;)

The thing about this that interests me personally is that it's the exact opposite of the gay men I've known through my life. Especially in high school I had a lot of gay friends because I was involved in the GSA. I have two older brothers, the oldest one is gay. My best friend from high school was gay, and he had a younger sister. Another gay man I knew had a younger brother and a younger sister. My friend from work is also an oldest child, with a younger brother and a younger sister, another boy I knew from work had an older sister and a younger brother. Another friend of mine from school had an older sister. So the more I hear this, the stranger it is for me because the people I know seem to display the opposite.

This is one of those [All A's are C and all B's are C but not all A's are B] things. There are other factors into whether you're gay, and there is nothing saying you can't be the first son born to a woman and be gay. This is just saying if you are a male with several older male siblings (from your mom's side) you are more likely to be gay.

This is one of those [All A's are C and all B's are C but not all A's are B] things. There are other factors into whether you're gay, and there is nothing saying you can't be the first son born to a woman and be gay. This is just saying if you are a male with several older male siblings (from your mom's side) you are more likely to be gay.

New post up, asking people what they think the baby is going to be:

Because its Never too early to instill those gender rolls, even in-utero:

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/10/10/blue-or-pink-what-do-you-think/

I just watched the video and I really don't agree with you guys. The poor girl is trying to speak loud enough in traffic and most probably they decided to "reflect" on the leaves right after an intense walk (I doubt loving David makes an effort to walk at a pace newly pregnant non marathon runner Priscilla can hold) and is a little out of breath.

Priscilla is definitely not the brightest bulb, but I don't think she's far below average intelligence or anything like that. I actually think she's masking a bit of a speech impediment. That combined with the forced 'keep sweet' tone and a lack of skill/comfort speaking in front of a camera is what's making her sound so 'off', in my opinion.

Priscilla is definitely not the brightest bulb, but I don't think she's far below average intelligence or anything like that. I actually think she's masking a bit of a speech impediment. That combined with the forced 'keep sweet' tone and a lack of skill/comfort speaking in front of a camera is what's making her sound so 'off', in my opinion.

I agree with this. I look at Priscilla Keller [and the majority of fundie girls] the way Betty White described her character of Rose Nylund on Golden Girls:

"She's not dumb; she's just totally naive."

New post up, asking people what they think the baby is going to be:

Because its Never too early to instill those gender rolls, even in-utero:

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/10/10/blue-or-pink-what-do-you-think/

Can we cast our vote alien? Or manbearpig?

Can we cast our vote alien? Or manbearpig?

As hilarious as that is, it led me to consider a rather horrifying thought: what if their child turns out to be intersexed, or have ambiguous genitalia? I somehow doubt that a couple of Goth-bot kids like them would gracefully handle a child that doesn't fit neatly into a gender or sex category.

As hilarious as that is, it led me to consider a rather horrifying thought: what if their child turns out to be intersexed, or have ambiguous genitalia? I somehow doubt that a couple of Goth-bot kids like them would gracefully handle a child that doesn't fit neatly into a gender or sex category.

David steps up to the plate and defends said child. He admits he's gay and leaves ATI, realizing his family no longer fits into ATI's box and publically denounces gothardism. He writes a tell-all that spends 17 weeks on the NYT best seller list. David earns an internship with Tim Gunn and eventually surpasses even Tim's fabulousness. David & Pris end their marriage standing side-by-side as equals and each others best friend. Pris becomes a full-time staff member of Soulforce and uses her newfound freedom to tell Ma & Pa Keller & Duggar, etc., to piss off and becomes her child's #1 advocate. D & P go into partnership together and open a haven for "kids" needing a place to get on their feet after being rejected by their ATI families. Rebecca Anast becomes the house-mother.

Priscilla may not know what "gay" is. She was homeschooled in the middle of nowhere Florida, yes? I doubt she traveled much or had any exposure to other cultures besides Christian fundamentalism. I really doubt her parents gave her a homosexual talk. How would she know about gay relationships or what a gay man acts like if she's never encountered one before?

Oh you've said what I sooooo wanted to say but I'm new I wasn't how it would go down.

I sincerely hope they DO NOT have an intersex child because they'll be operating on the poor kid and deciding its sexual future within five minutes.

Gotta keep things nice and tidy in fundie land.

I've been watching the videos over again and can only say what a crying shame. David deserves to be allowed to be himself, Pricilla seems very sweet, but I have serious concerns about her intelligence and wonder if tested would she have the mental capacity to consent to a marriage. It really angers me to think Gothard and David and Pricilla's parents may have pushed these two into a marriage of convenience, because they suspect/know David is gay and figure Pricilla is too dimwitted to ever figure it out.

Something else has occurred to me could some of the hints of disillusionment we've seen in Josh have anything to do with exposure to the clusterfuck that is his wife's family? Josh clearly seemed to not like David, maybe Josh's gaydar works just fine and some halfway decent human part of Josh felt bad for Pricilla, and was appalled that her parents were allowing her to go through with this farce of a wedding. Maybe he is somewhat unhappy in his own marriage and has come to realize that quiverful parents care little for their children's actual happiness, but more about that they continue in the crazy brainwashed doctrine they were brought up in. I wonder if he saw a possible future for Josie in Pricilla, I wonder if he sees a possible future for Mykinzie or one of his sisters in Esther?

If the last paragraph is true, maybe it's a good thing. It means she has somewhere to go.

Priscilla may not know what "gay" is. She was homeschooled in the middle of nowhere Florida, yes? I doubt she traveled much or had any exposure to other cultures besides Christian fundamentalism. I really doubt her parents gave her a homosexual talk. How would she know about gay relationships or what a gay man acts like if she's never encountered one before?

If she didn't know before, I'm sure she is slowly realizing who David really is now. I never had the homosexual talk (or even the birds and the bees) when I was a child, but I knew some men I met were gay. Poor Priscilla and David, I don't think this marriage has much of a chance.

I wonder who is going to do most of the child care? Priscilla doesn't look ready for the challenge.

If she didn't know before, I'm sure she is slowly realizing who David really is now.

Yes, he's her ticket out of the trailer in Florida, out of skeezy job at Gothard HQ and into an apartment of her own where she only has to look after one other person!! As close to freedom as she's ever had!! If I was in her shoes I'd be thrilled to marry a gay man rather than be stuck with my folks and little brothers till the end of time. It would sure help limit family size! Plus, for the first time in her life she may actually be getting some alone time. And, let's face it, she's hardly alone in history as the only woman ever to be so married.

I'm sure, given their families, it will be a long, long time (if ever) before they split.

Josh--hell yes Josh knows about homosexuality. Look at the forced change in mannerism of Josiah (don't flame me I'm not saying an underage kid is gay, but he was clearly not living up to the manly "I love physical work"model Jim-Bob want his sons to parrot). You know he and Jim-Bob and others DO make rude jokes on the subject simply because they are so uncomfortable with it.

I meant David and Priscilla won't have a loving marriage. They may stay married forever, but lead different lives.

I agree about Josh and JB. I'm sure they are uncomfortable with homosexuality and mostly likely don't have the common sense to keep their mouths shut about something they don't understand or want to understand.

My 4th grade teacher in the early 70's was gay, although of course not openly at the time. I had no idea what "gay" meant, nor do I recall any of the other kids having a clue. Most of us just seemed to understand he was a little different. It wasn't until when I overheard two librarians saying, "Such a shame, so good looking, his poor mother, no grandchildren...." that I asked my mother what they were talking about and she simply told me some boys like boys and some girls like girls. Not a big deal, pay no attention to the gossiping old biddies.

So I think even young kids have what we term gaydar. Fundies who don't want to acknowledge that gayness is simply normal for some people may suppress their own intuitions, but Josh is certainly worldly enough to probably tell off-color jokes about gays to his pals. And I think it's likely he's picked up on David's differentness. It's pretty obvious that he resents the guy and probably can't believe that he gets beaten at everything by an effeminate guy.

David knows people see it. Many comments have left messages about his apparent orientation on his youtube site and he usually deletes them within 24 hours. I'm sure Prissy isn't allowed to log on to a computer without her headship watching so she has no clue about them, and if as suspected he's deep in Narnia, he probably wants to believe its just un-Godly people persecuting him. But if he has a speck of self-awareness he has to know he's not fooling a lot of people.

Yes, he's her ticket out of the trailer in Florida, out of skeezy job at Gothard HQ and into an apartment of her own where she only has to look after one other person!! As close to freedom as she's ever had!! If I was in her shoes I'd be thrilled to marry a gay man rather than be stuck with my folks and little brothers till the end of time. It would sure help limit family size! Plus, for the first time in her life she may actually be getting some alone time. And, let's face it, she's hardly alone in history as the only woman ever to be so married.

I was thinking along those lines when I first saw the wedding episode. Like maybe David and Pris are pulling one over on everyone. She was starting to reach her sell-by date in the fundie world with no prince charming in sight, and he wasn't interested in marrying a woman, so they made an agreement between themselves to get their families off their backs. They'll get married, have a couple of kids because it would look weird if they didn't, and they'd get to experience parenthood on a manageable level. Meanwhile they travel a lot, doing foreign mission work that they both seem into, and live mostly platonic lives without having to be under the ATI microscope.

Sadly, I don't really think that's the case, but it would be kind of awesome if it was. Or at least better than the alternative interpretations of their marriage.

Happy National Coming Out Day, David Waller!

If only. Or not—I'm not sure a tool who thinks water-skiing in a suit is a laugh riot is somebody we necessarily want on the official team.

Davina and Priscilla found out the sex of their baby today. No blog post so far! I hope everything is okay with the baby.

I thought he'd want to inform his fan club immediately.

Archived