IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller are expecting!

xReems

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot imagine the feeling of the waistband on those khakis at about the 10th km. Look at how much he's sweating. Sweat+waistband without give=red raw flesh. What an idiot. There are plenty of options for modest exercise wear. If he was totally stumped, a trip to the women's section would have yielded a pair of loose, drawstring yoga pants. If they're plain black with no markings (mine are), who's to know where you got them? Except Jesus. Jesus would know and He would strike David barren as punishment.

Wouldn't be a bad thing really.

I so wish my sister Margaret could have been one of you too. She was born in 1948, she had massive hydrocephalus. My parents consulted with many neurosurgeons but there was nothing to be done at the time. I'm not sure when shunting started but it is a miracle treatment. Glad both of you are alive and well.

I am so sorry that your sister died. I do feel deeply grateful(and have thought about it many times!) that I was born when I was. I wouldn't have lived to be even a year old between the heart problems and hydrocephalus had I been born 50 years before I was. Tragic and needless really. I am also grateful that I have only been shunted 3 times in 26 years. I have heard horror stories from my neurosurgeon where children are shunted 10 times in one year.

According to the interwebs, "John W. Holter was not a doctor when he invented a revolutionary shunt that drained water from the brain. In fact, he had never gone to college. But in 1956, with his infant son suffering from the effects of hydrocephalus, the trained mechanic focused his creative energy and skill with his hands on solving a problem surgeons had been unable to overcome. Mr. Holter's shunt went on to save hundreds of thousands of lives, and he went on to become a celebrated medical inventor and philanthropist."

I wonder if they're going to have a girl or a boy. I almost think a boy would be better. I'd feel way, way too bad for any little girl in that situation. I also think it would secretly grind at Smugly for not producing a male heir on the first go. I'd enjoy that.

I wonder if they're going to have a girl or a boy. I almost think a boy would be better. I'd feel way, way too bad for any little girl in that situation. I also think it would secretly grind at Smugly for not producing a male heir on the first go. I'd enjoy that.

If QFers insist on spouting out a child a year, I always hope for a slew of boys, at least at the beginning. If mommy's forced to care for a of slew of princelings who are apparently incapable of taking care of their most basic needs without a woman, at least one of two things will be likely to happen happen: mom will "getting headaches" or popping BC, or the boys will be forced to grow up and learn some life skills.

ETA: I also want as few girls as possible born into that mess of a lifestyle.

• 2 weeks later...

From the comments section:

Crysten September 28, 2012

Hey.When is the baby due !

David Waller October 2, 2012

Thanks for asking! Our baby is do in March!

do? :doh: I had thought David was at least 90% legible. :?

If QFers insist on spouting out a child a year, I always hope for a slew of boys, at least at the beginning. If mommy's forced to care for a of slew of princelings who are apparently incapable of taking care of their most basic needs without a woman, at least one of two things will be likely to happen happen: mom will "getting headaches" or popping BC, or the boys will be forced to grow up and learn some life skills.

You know, I was thinking about that just as I read your post. I am very curious if there's any correlations between # of children in these fundie families and how many older daughters they have. For example, can you imagine Michelle continuing to birth past 10 kids if the oldest were all boys? She wouldn't have enough time in the day to keep up with the laundry and cleaning and cooking! She would be forced to teach her sons these womenly skills or restrict the number of kids she had. I'm not sure which thing the quiverful fundies object to more, men having to learn to cook and clean or women taking control of their reproduction.

You know, I was thinking about that just as I read your post. I am very curious if there's any correlations between # of children in these fundie families and how many older daughters they have. For example, can you imagine Michelle continuing to birth past 10 kids if the oldest were all boys? She wouldn't have enough time in the day to keep up with the laundry and cleaning and cooking! She would be forced to teach her sons these womenly skills or restrict the number of kids she had. I'm not sure which thing the quiverful fundies object to more, men having to learn to cook and clean or women taking control of their reproduction.

Mommy Arndt, who had 10 boys before her first daughter, is the best example we have of a quiverful mother with no girls to help. She opted to teach the womenly skills. Here's young Peter cleaning the kitchen floor with a toothbrush a few days ago.

post-957-14451997237453_thumb.jpg

Mommy Arndt, who had 10 boys before her first daughter, is the best example we have of a quiverful mother with no girls to help. She opted to teach the womenly skills. Here's young Peter cleaning the kitchen floor with a toothbrush a few days ago.

My mom only had one girl (me) in the first seven kids. 3 boys, 1 girl, 3 boys, and finally 4 girls. My mom was simply exhausted and depressed most of our childhood. When I was old enough to help in any fashion, I was drafted in.

From the comments section:

do? :doh: I had thought David was at least 90% legible. :?

Ew, gosh... That is pretty bad. I started to think ah, just an unnoticed mistake, but I couldn't quite allow it. It's not like too/to, that can be chalked up to typos, or lazy typing. It rather suggests plain ignorance.

Where I am from, at least, "do" is pronounced "doo" and "due" is pronounced "dew" the former with a clear "w" sound at the end. It's subtle but it's enough that I don't think I'll ever casually mix them up. Pu' David, you spell like poo.

I have watched the video a few times. This guy is hilarious and he doesn't even know it. I've noticed that many just like him seem on the gay side- especially a bunch of Mormon men I know. Hmm.

I'm skimming through some of their old posts on their site and it only makes me more disappointed these two are breeding.

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/08/31/traveling-to-oklahoma-city

They look way too excited posing at the OKC memorial. Then there is this...

"David was teaching in the school he was able to teach a young handicapped boy about forgiveness and love. This boy had been in the daycare of the building nearly blown to pieces in the bombing. Now this young man is graduating from college."

:doh:

I heard somewhere that the more older brothers a male has, the more likely it is for him to be gay.

Also, I have noticed that the more someone tries to convince everyone of something, the less likely it is to be true. I wonder if he really does believe in all the fundilism, or maybe he is trying to convince himself that he does so he won't go to hell. Cults are good at making you think you're bad/rejected if you disagree to their teachings, especially if that is all you know.

That might also explain why he has to overly mention God with absolutely everything- he just doesn't believe it, but he has to put up the act for his family.

or the mom will be exhausted and in depression all the time.

I don't think it's better for them one way or another, if anything I'd just hope they have a more manageable number of children than most families have.

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/08/31/traveling-to-oklahoma-city

They look way too excited posing at the OKC memorial.

I've noticed this in photos with the family before, in ways that really bother me. I mean, this photo of the family visiting his dead brother's memorial stone:

davidlovespriscilla.com/files/2012/09/David-Pics-12.jpg

His brother died suddenly of an aggressive kind of cancer when he was acting as a missionary in Mongolia, at the age of 25. He and his twin brother were the oldest children, it seems that all the younger kids looked up to them, and there was apparently no warning that he was sick until he had been in Mongolia for some time. And standing there together, posing behind his memorial stone?!

It freaks me out. Seriously. A smile on every face, including the parents, like it's just any other tourist photo. There's something very creepy about a belief system that forces cheerfulness even in these situations.

I've noticed this in photos with the family before, in ways that really bother me. I mean, this photo of the family visiting his dead brother's memorial stone:

davidlovespriscilla.com/files/2012/09/David-Pics-12.jpg

His brother died suddenly of an aggressive kind of cancer when he was acting as a missionary in Mongolia, at the age of 25. He and his twin brother were the oldest children, it seems that all the younger kids looked up to them, and there was apparently no warning that he was sick until he had been in Mongolia for some time. And standing there together, posing behind his memorial stone?!

It freaks me out. Seriously. A smile on every face, including the parents, like it's just any other tourist photo. There's something very creepy about a belief system that forces cheerfulness even in these situations.

What's even sadder is how they posted a link how Isaac wasn't good enough to get into Heaven on his own. Who the hell says that about their deceased brother/son?! That's just wrong on so many levels.

I'm not buying the whole "no warning sign" crap. They must have known something wasn't right but decided to pray the wound away. I don't think they went to the hospital until Isaac took a turn for the worst.

From what I've read, the doctors at the hospital initially thought he had some kind of infection in his leg, but it wasn't until he was nearly gone that they discovered it was a type of leukemia. It seems like he was already getting medical care for the problem before they arrived, but his doctors hadn't realized the seriousness of it until after they were there. Either way I don't think his family had anything to do with the lack of treatment he received. (Though the lifestyle of pretending everything is fine when it isn't may have contributed to him not pushing the issue or making people aware of how bad he really felt.)

or the mom will be exhausted and in depression all the time.

I don't think it's better for them one way or another, if anything I'd just hope they have a more manageable number of children than most families have.

The mother, as essentially the sole caregiver, will be exhausted with many small children, regardless of their sex. And if she's prone to depression (postpartum or otherwise), how it manifests has nothing to do with the ratio of boys to girls in her household. A fundie mother with 10 girls is just as likely to be exhausted and depressed as a fundie mother with 10 boys, particularly if she's not getting the emotional and financial support she needs to raise them, as is often the case in patriarchal households. However, as I said, if these massive QF families must be had, I see a slew of older boys as ultimately less harmful in the long run, for the reasons I enumerated above. Not good, just less bad.

Ew, gosh... That is pretty bad. I started to think ah, just an unnoticed mistake, but I couldn't quite allow it. It's not like too/to, that can be chalked up to typos, or lazy typing. It rather suggests plain ignorance.

Where I am from, at least, "do" is pronounced "doo" and "due" is pronounced "dew" the former with a clear "w" sound at the end. It's subtle but it's enough that I don't think I'll ever casually mix them up. Pu' David, you spell like poo.

Of coarse they can't be expected to spell correctly and use the proper words when their are definately moor important things to learn about. Like memorizing you're Bible verses.

Of coarse they can't be expected to spell correctly and use the proper words when their are definately moor important things to learn about. Like memorizing you're Bible verses.

This is the best comment I have read in a long time, lol.

Were you able to write it like that as you went or did you have to change it after you wrote it? I find writing in The SODRT Method takes a tremendous amount more brain power! :lol:

I've been watching the videos over again and can only say what a crying shame. David deserves to be allowed to be himself, Pricilla seems very sweet, but I have serious concerns about her intelligence and wonder if tested would she have the mental capacity to consent to a marriage. It really angers me to think Gothard and David and Pricilla's parents may have pushed these two into a marriage of convenience, because they suspect/know David is gay and figure Pricilla is too dimwitted to ever figure it out.

Something else has occurred to me could some of the hints of disillusionment we've seen in Josh have anything to do with exposure to the clusterfuck that is his wife's family? Josh clearly seemed to not like David, maybe Josh's gaydar works just fine and some halfway decent human part of Josh felt bad for Pricilla, and was appalled that her parents were allowing her to go through with this farce of a wedding. Maybe he is somewhat unhappy in his own marriage and has come to realize that quiverful parents care little for their children's actual happiness, but more about that they continue in the crazy brainwashed doctrine they were brought up in. I wonder if he saw a possible future for Josie in Pricilla, I wonder if he sees a possible future for Mykinzie or one of his sisters in Esther?

I heard somewhere that the more older brothers a male has, the more likely it is for him to be gay.

That's true (or at least, it's being taught in psychology classes at a state university). The scientists think it has to do with the womb environment of the mother being changed somehow because of all of the previous males she's given birth to. The correlation is only found in biological brothers from the same mother, not in adoptive or step families, or brothers with the same father but different mother.

I find this to be really interesting, because my husband is one of 5 boys and none of them turned out to be gay. All of them appear to be happily married and extremely interested in their wives.

This is the best comment I have read in a long time, lol.

I agree and the sad part it is soo true. Many of these fudie families would rather their kids be able to recite ANY BIBLE verse then be able to rewrite it word for word.

Archived