IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

I LoL when ever I read of a Tebow Duggar match up. I'd love to see TLC covering him performing circumcisions in the Philippines during the off season. :lol:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tebow wasn't born to a single mother. His parents were Baptist missionaries in the Philippines while his mother was pregnant with him, and his mother was advised to abort because she came down with an infection that caused a placental abruption. But his parents were definitely married at that time (and since he's the youngest of five, probably for quite some time before that).

Freedom17, thanks for the correction. I read somewhere his mom was a single mom. I will be more careful next time. Sorry for the misinformation everyone.

Tebow wasn't born to a single mother. His parents were Baptist missionaries in the Philippines while his mother was pregnant with him, and his mother was advised to abort because she came down with an infection that caused a placental abruption. But his parents were definitely married at that time (and since he's the youngest of five, probably for quite some time before that).

There's some controversy about her being "advised to abort" - mostly because abortion is illegal in the Phillipines. I don't know that she "chose" to not abort. I suspect it wasn't ever an option at that time and place.

I don't think Tebow would ever marry a Duggar girl. I think Boob and Mullet do read books about well known Christian fundies because someone in their circles tells them about the books. The guy who co-wrote Tebow's book is a Christian lawyer who works with a lot of Christian athletes and coaches. He also co-wrote Tony Dungy's books. I read the first book he and Dungy wrote which came out back in 2007 or 2008. That book does focus partially on Dungy's religious beliefs, but it doesn't beat the reader over the head about it. I get the vibe that the Tebow book probably brings up religion to an extreme.

Boob and Mullet probably wouldn't like certain things about the Tebow family. There are only five kids in the family, they probably admire Mama Tebow for standing up against abortion. Mullet would be the type to say "why didn't Mama Tebow have more kids after Tim?. The Tebows were ok with their kids doing sports and we know Boob and Mullet would never let any of their sons be in a rec league or play for a public school team. The Duggars also wouldn't let any of their kids attend a state college. I don't think the Duggars wouldn't blend in well with the Tebow family and the people they associate with. I can see the Tebows viewing people like the Duggars as "too redneck".

lilwriter,

I agree with you in theory. Only one thing, the Duggars are famewhores and fame, money, and fundie-light trumps all else. Their principles would go out the window fast.

Plus I don't think that Jim Bob especially wants to see one of his precious daughters married to some ignorant, uneducated Gothardite (is there any other kind) and having a boatload of kids. A Tebow engagement would be a big feather in their cap and would extend the series and add to their brand appeal. Michelle has shown that she will lie when it suits her. Or else, she would apply the same twisted logic she has used to explain away all of her other inconsistencies.

I never believed that bullshit that his mother was advised to abort. She may have had problems while pregnant with Tim, but abortion in the Philippines has been illegal since 1930. A Dr. can get at least six years in prison for performing one, along with the mother and any other medical staff involved. I think even giving a referral for an abortion can land you in hot water.

I'd really like for the leg humpers to explain why Jana, a fucking ADULT, has to ask her parents' permission to go to a damn mission retreat, or whatever they're calling the Gothard camp. Oh noes, it's her first trip away alone, at the tender age of 21 (22?). As if she's going to have freedom to do anything beyond what she's been brainwashed to do.

I'm still a bit behind in watching, obviously.

1. I doubt they'd be okay with Timmy running around half naked for magazines.

2. I can see hilarious highjinks with a Duggar girl and all the foot ball wives...

1. I doubt they'd be okay with Timmy running around half naked for magazines.

2. I can see hilarious highjinks with a Duggar girl and all the foot ball wives...

A Duggar girl would get ripped apart by football wives.

I have to think Tebow would want somebody hotter, more mainstream, and more accomplished than a Duggarette. A Lolo Jones, perhaps, not somebody with extensive frumper history, a grade-school education, Gothard baggage, and the prospect of two dozen instant in-laws with those same issues.

I have to think Tebow would want somebody hotter, more mainstream, and more accomplished than a Duggarette. A Lolo Jones, perhaps, not somebody with extensive frumper history, a grade-school education, Gothard baggage, and the prospect of two dozen instant in-laws with those same issues.

I said this in another thread, but I think Tebow will end up a mainstream type girl who is the daughter or granddaughter of politician or well known evangelist. I also see him getting with someone is better looking than a J'Slave. I can also see him ending up with Lolo Jones or maybe Jordin Sparks if she was to break up with Jason Derulo. Jordin would be perfect for Timmy boy. She is conservative and Christian and her dad played in the NFL.

I'd really like for the leg humpers to explain why Jana, a fucking ADULT, has to ask her parents' permission to go to a damn mission retreat, or whatever they're calling the Gothard camp. Oh noes, it's her first trip away alone, at the tender age of 21 (22?). As if she's going to have freedom to do anything beyond what she's been brainwashed to do.

I'm still a bit behind in watching, obviously.

Jana will be 23 in about 3 months, good grief... I really do think they let [told] her go up there as sort of a "season" in the debutante sense, to get her courting.

I think that this may be the first time Mullet touched laundry for the first time in over 10 years.

From the 19kac page:

Find out why the girls get emotional during a speaking engagement on an all-new episode of 19 Kids and Counting tonight @ 9/8c.

I'm guessing this might be another Jubilee fame-whoring situation, this time with the older girls emoting on about it... :?

From the 19kac page:

I'm guessing this might be another Jubilee fame-whoring situation, this time with the older girls emoting on about it... :?

Nope. It turns out it was the ATI conference where they gave relationship advice. It was talked about I think a few months back...you could listen to a sample podcast somewhere.

Jana cried when relaying a story about how Jessa annoyed her when she was little, so she sought her parents "wise council" and they advised her to love Jessa anyway and so Jana gave her a favourite possession of hers, a jewellery box. Who the fuck cries over THAT?! To me her emotional response was way out of proportion.

What is the point of seeing the Grand Olde Oprey, it is not like that they can listen to that music.

Oh Really?? I totally missed that!!!

That sounds sooo weird! I have to wait until the eps are uploaded to see them! *harumph*

Ugh. Again with the Amazing Grace. Seriously people there are a million other hymns out there. Why not switch it up?

Nope. It turns out it was the ATI conference where they gave relationship advice. It was talked about I think a few months back...you could listen to a sample podcast somewhere.

Jana cried when relaying a story about how Jessa annoyed her when she was little, so she sought her parents "wise council" and they advised her to love Jessa anyway and so Jana gave her a favourite possession of hers, a jewellery box. Who the fuck cries over THAT?! To me her emotional response was way out of proportion.

And Jana was only 7 whole years old, to be made to feel so guilty about the incident from her "wise council" parents? Obviously, Jana still thinks about it and has issues about it. Just sad. I really can't stand how her parents twisted things out of proportion for a 23 year old to cry over an incident that happened when she was 7 years old that would have been something so innocent in a normal household.

J'Somebody: please escape!!

ETA: Everything at the hotel was "nice", "cool", "neat", "awesome," and "amazing". Can't they use more words to describe what they are seeing?

Coming up next on 19K&C: Smuggs and David get really really really friendly.

My husband just placed his money on that sordid affair.

Smuggs, on a unicycle, please no. BTW he is not too old for it, just too out of shape. My son who is over 10 years older than Josh can rock one.

Man, there's a lot of defrauding cleavage on this page even without experiencedd. :lol:

Archived