IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

I've heard that a couple of times, too. I think he probably does have the final say, but I also don't think it would bother him to have the 'nonflattering' stuff shown, because he isn't aware how other people will react to it.

Kind of like how, most people who watched Jesus Camp were completely horrified by the indoctrination and spiritual warfare of children. Yet many fundamentalist people who agreed with what the summer camp was doing felt that Jesus Camp was a good film that got their message out there, and it wasn't until they started realizing the rest of the world thought they were lunatics that they began reacting more negatively toward it.

JB might have final say about what is put on the show, but he doesn't have the self-awareness to know what to keep and what to cut.

Yeah, like seeing the howlers. "See? Our kids are just your normal, typical, rambunctious boys who get to run and play and have fun!"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always said that I would watch once TLC starts throwing the Duggars under. And they are, they definately are, whether JimBoob and J'Michelle have the self-awareness to notice or not.

So I lied. I just can stand them and don't want to give this freakshow the ratings. They don't deserve it.

Thanks to all those who can stomach it and report back to us here. It is much appreciated.

I will watch the spinoff--Breaking Duggar.

I doubt the Duggars have the final say on the edit. They may have some control over the initial filming such as no cameras in the bathrooms or going into the girls' room before they are dressed.

The families with more control are normally listed as producers in the credits.

Josh probably harbored dreams of becoming a politician like his father and Santorum's campaign likely quashed those dreams. I think coming in contact with the younger members of Santorum's staff probably drove home how behind Josh is in contrast to others his age. Regardless of their political views, I have no doubt that the majority of Santorum's staff were well-educated and extremely articulate. I highly doubt that Josh became friends with any of them and they most likely looked down on the Duggars as hicks from the backwoods. Why would they want to hang out with Josh and Anna outside of the campaign? Those two would bore most people to tears. They know nothing outside of what happens in Duggarland. Young, smart, enthusiastic campaigners would be very hard for Josh to keep up with intellectually. He probably spent a lot of time trying to not look and sound stupid.

THIS. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh overheard some of the other staffers commenting on how stupid he was, or wondering why Rick was giving this bunch of hicks the time of day. I'm pretty sure his self esteem took a major hit.

Also, the timing of his being named as Arkansas campaign chair and Santorum's exit from the race is suspect. It almost makes me think Frothy named Josh knowing that he was going to quit before the Arkansas primary. Maybe Jim Bob was pestering him to put Josh on the team and this was a perfect way to shut him up?

I'll bet anything it was just an in-name-only title. You don't hand off something like that to someone who has no experience. I worked for Obama's campaign and for 3-4 others before that. There is no way Smuggar would have the drive and know all to get the job done.

After seeing some of that bizarre "Breaking Amish" show, it seems pretty clear that there are no lengths TLC won't go to for ratings.

Even my 17 year old daughter who has been a casual on and off viewer of the Duggars since the early specials was surprised how badly they were coming off after watching one of the recent train wreck-y episodes. I wonder if Boob had more control back in the day but as he became more addicted to fame and money, if TLC has insisted he back off if he wants the show to remain on the air. He's a dolt, but he's not so clueless that he can't see how the family is now being portrayed in the editing. In fact, I'll bet some of the stuff really pisses him off.

Of course, if TLC went too far, Boob would probably force himself to pull the plug on the show. Which is why I think we may see TLC really go to town once they know it's the final season. And for all we know, that may be filming in Asia right now. London and Israel seemed like different planets to those hicks; I can only imagine their reaction to China will be. Smuggar hasn’t posted a nonsense football score screen print in a long while....

he may have dunlap's disease, meaning his belly done lapped over his babymaker.

Of he could be a "dicky do." His belly sticks out further than his dicky do.

I haven't checked every episode for producer credit, but when I see claims about Jim Bob being a producer, I check that episode or the next one. So far I haven't seen them listed as producers. I think possibly some people mistake the thanks to the Duggars that shows up as producer credit and the rumor mill takes off.

Just caught up with the dog and pony show.

Holy hell, they are low on ideas and the library trip was SUCH a setup. Poor Mack, she'll never get to use the library for real. Here you can get out 20 books on a child ticket. I wish she could do that. Made me sick to hear Anna say how happy she was to have a girl first for a 'little helper'. She probably doesn't want her to read and expand her mind at all.

Joy looks seriously over it, I hope she stays that way. On a side note, it was a bit weird having her and possiby Jill being interviewed in bare feet. Or is that just me?

Samuel Pope looked SO much healthier than Josie. I worry about Josie a lot, she looks so sickly.

Facepalm at the 'homeschooling' in the sewing room and 'God's carpet'. You're a great teacher, Jim Bob, grrreat!

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the brainwashing/Journey to the Heart camp.

Fuck that family who said the Duggars are an example of the family we are losing. I hope we lose the idea that a famiy has to have two hetrosexual parents and you should breed your children.

Samuel Pope looked SO much healthier than Josie. I worry about Josie a lot, she looks so sickly.

He looks healthier in general than Josie, but he's also lost the preemie "look" that Josie still has. Maybe he lost the look earlier than most preemies do, but it just adds to my curiousity to find out what issues the Pope's saw in Josie that aren't acknowledged and certainly aren't being dealt with.

Fuck that family who said the Duggars are an example of the family we are losing. I hope we lose the idea that a famiy has to have two hetrosexual parents and you should breed your children.

Whatever happened to actually LOVING your children and raising them right?

Seriously, everyone's so fucking hung up on 'OH NOES A CHILD NEEDS A MOTHER AND A FATHER!!!!'

Anyway.....it sounds like TLC might be pulling what they did to Kate Gosselin before they got rid of her nasty ass for good.

Why do you all care so much about his penis?

A functioning penis and testes play an important part in the QF movement. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Why do you all care so much about his penis?

Door 1: It's a snark site.

Door 2: We all secretly want to hit that and just want to be sure his parts are in working order once that bitch Anna is out of the way.

Pretty sure it's one of those. Could be both.

Guest Anonymous

Door 1: It's a snark site.

Door 2: We all secretly want to hit that and just want to be sure his parts are in working order once that bitch Anna is out of the way.

Pretty sure it's one of those. Could be both.

1: Duh.

2: That's what I thought. Since I never think about a man's penis, unless I want to fuck said man.

Forgot Door 3, which is speculating whether or not health-related issues might be impacting the fact that there isn't another baby on the way (as far as we know). My money's on him simply trying to go fundie-lite on the DL or at least not wanting a third child cramping his style, but that wouldn't preclude other things playing some role in the situation as well.

I seem to recall that there was a show or two when Smuggar and DaddyO were listed as producers. Is this another false memory I'm harboring?

Not producers, never. Smugs got credit for narrating that one special, but other than that no producing credits.

They get a "special thanks to: Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and Family." If Smuggar and Anna are featured rather prominently (if they get billing in the guide descriptor), they too are "thanked." I also think those are the only episodes for which they get a separate paycheck.

Other than that, I don't think Boob/Mullet have any say regarding what goes into the final cut.

Hello FJ, I'm new here. I'm very quiet and keep to myself mostly. I wanted to say that I have loved watching the Duggars for years, mostly to snark but also because I love watching Josh and Anna. I have to say that something has changed in Anna. She doesn't seem to be that sweet, innocent girl that Ma and Pa Keller raised. She has an arrogance about her now and I felt it was very obvious in the library episode. I had always kind of admired Anna as we are close in age but she's different now. Its strange.

Maybe this is what TLC is holding out for.

I hope not. To be honest, I like all the kids. It's not their fault they have shitty parents. I can't even fault Josh for acting the way he does. Look who he has for role models, Jim Boob and Gothard.

Hello FJ, I'm new here. I'm very quiet and keep to myself mostly. I wanted to say that I have loved watching the Duggars for years, mostly to snark but also because I love watching Josh and Anna. I have to say that something has changed in Anna. She doesn't seem to be that sweet, innocent girl that Ma and Pa Keller raised. She has an arrogance about her now and I felt it was very obvious in the library episode. I had always kind of admired Anna as we are close in age but she's different now. Its strange.

I have always felt that way about her too. Fame has gone to her head.

I have always felt that way about her too. Fame has gone to her head.

I have a lot of pity for both Josh and Anna. Their parents denied them the most basic education and skills that even the crappiest public school system would have imparted. They were never allowed to explore their boundaries or thoughts. They were never allowed to slip into different times and places that reading books allows most people. They went from rigidly controled in thought and deed to playing house. It sounds like they are both starting to realize that they don't have all the answers and were denied a lot of tools. They need to lose that arrogance fast.

I also think Anna has become arrogant. Her and Joshie boy will be in for a rude awakening once the TLC gravy train leaves. I predict they will try to make money by speaking at churches. They will likely get a few gigs, but they won't be able to make a career out of it. They are both shitty when it comes to public speakers. That video of them speaking at church from January or February was awful.

I hope not. To be honest, I like all the kids. It's not their fault they have shitty parents. I can't even fault Josh for acting the way he does. Look who he has for role models, Jim Boob and Gothard.

I agree, for the most part. The kids still living in the family home - what choice do they have? It's like Lord of the Flies in there. I'm especially concerned with the very little girls, Joy, and Josiah.

But I also worry about the Howlers. I mean, their behavior problems are 100% related to the lack of supervision, attention, and positive reinforcement or individually expressed love. They're allowed to run wild, and nothing they ever do seems to warrant attention from their parents, so things escalate until they're completely out of control. And maybe Michelle tells them 'I love you' individually every night, and I'm sure she has motherly love for them, but she doesn't KNOW any of them so they don't get the emotional reward of having a loving, attentive mother. The attention they get individually is based in sensationalism; if Jason falls in an orchestra pit and breaks his jaw, he may get some attention, but it's not in any way related to who he is as a person and it sure doesn't give him any validation. It would be even harder to be a shy child like Justin - he seems so sweet and gentle, but I worry he'll become jaded or bitter because his own parents can't be bothered to get to know him.

As for Josh, he's been out of the home for several years now. I know that indoctrination isn't so easy to escape, but he is now an adult who is standing on his own two feet (well, supposedly, lol. since they're trying to pass him off as supporting himself, I'm going to hold him to the same standards I would to anyone else in that position). He's responsible for the way he behaves now. I can feel bad for the situations that molded him into what he currently is, but there's no way to predict whether he'll become less of a smarmy douche as he matures, and he's still accountable for the things he says and does.

Archived