IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have they always been so open about ATI/JTTH, etc? I noticed that ATI was name-dropped briefly in a previous episode this season, and they were quite explicit about Jana going to JTTH the other week, now a third of an episode explicitly about an ATI conference? I am not the most avid Duggar follower, but I thought they used to be more circumspect about the Gothard connection, using codes like "a large ministry in Chicago" and such.

Can I just say I am SICK TO DEATH of babyish Jackson and super-shrill Johanna! Ugh shut them both up. It was cute a few years ago. Today they grate on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard. I fast forwarded a lot in the first episode. The Grand Ole Opry? Really? Dolly Parton and Amy aren't enough???

David Waller. Oh please find this guy a boyfriend. Wow. Just Wow. And if Anna isn't pregnant she needs to quit dressing like her mother-in-law's mini me and find some YOUNG modest clothing fast. She looks big as a house in that unicycle footage. The whole Josh/David thing was like a junior high field day. Seriously, it may have been Sunday (not sure) but Fat Boy don't you have a bidness to run? And Sweet, Sweet Precious David, you need to practice your show tunes guy. It's an insult to the intelligence of the viewers to try to pass this guy off as straight. He may manage, briefly, to be bi, but not for long. I'd rather watch John tow cars than EVER see David again unless it's to see him as his real self serving Priss with divorce papers as he introduces his hot new boyfriend....but then where would he find a hot guy who'd like his total geekiness??

And, Justin?? I don't like him, either. ...just sayin

Jana's story made me feel really bad for her and sad. I think Jana feels hurt that her own parents who should have talked to Jessa, decided to put the "blame" on Jana, ask Jana to forgive Jessa and give her her most prized possession. My little sister annoyed the hell out of me growing up (She still does at times) but never did my parents tell me to give away one of my valuables to show I forgive her. All ATI does is teach children how to stunt their emotional growth; if you get annoyed, frustrated, irritated, etc, you're letting Satan come into your heart so you should forgive that person who is at fault and not the other way around. I think Jana is carrying a lot of heartache and I think she feels like most of it is because of her, hence why she's been attending JTTH lately. At the same time, JTTH is the reason why she's been feeling hurt because Gothard places almost all the blame on her and asks her to forgive and forget. Until she gets married and escapes, she's going to feel like crap. She can try to smile in front of the camera as much as she wants but behind those eyes, it's obvious she's not happy.

I think Jana is carrying a lot of heartache and I think she feels like most of it is because of her, hence why she's been attending JTTH lately. At the same time, JTTH is the reason why she's been feeling hurt because Gothard places almost all the blame on her and asks her to forgive and forget. Until she gets married and escapes, she's going to feel like crap. She can try to smile in front of the camera as much as she wants but behind those eyes, it's obvious she's not happy.

True. But if she marries an "approved" boy it will all continue.....

Can I just say I am SICK TO DEATH of babyish Jackson and super-shrill Johanna! Ugh shut them both up. It was cute a few years ago. Today they grate on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard. I fast forwarded a lot in the first episode. The Grand Ole Opry? Really? Dolly Parton and Amy aren't enough???

I'm also sick of Jackson and Johanna. They both seem stunted for their ages.

Yes, just re-arranging the psychological deck chairs.

She's nearly 23. She needs to get out, grow up and figure out who she is, not jump into a marriage with some fundie asshole from the same "culture".

We really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, but Jana is beginning to look like the poster child for all that is wrong with the cult her parents have foisted upon the family.

I'm also sick of Jackson and Johanna. They both seem stunted for their ages.

Especially Jackson as he's older but even more immature than Hannie. Justin is only 18 months older than Jackson, but he seems years ahead of him.

Boob has said recently he likes them like that and one has to wonder if he isn't making an extra effort to keep them in a state of arrested development for the sake of the show. Jenny and Jordyn with their speech delays still don't seem ready for prime time.

Especially Jackson as he's older but even more immature than Hannie. Justin is only 18 months older than Jackson, but he seems years ahead of him.

Boob has said recently he likes them like that and one has to wonder if he isn't making an extra effort to keep them in a state of arrested development for the sake of the show. Jenny and Jordyn with their speech delays still don't seem ready for prime time.

I can see Boob and Mullet doing that for the show. They know that the show partially depends on a cuteness factor.

With some of the recent comments on this thread, I do wonder if we are starting to see the family implode a bit here? In general, as the kids are getting older, it seems to be getting more more difficult for quite of few of them to hide their various pyschological or developmental issues and for their parents to control it or cover it up.

ETA: maybe we won't have to wait for TLC to quit on them

Jana is beginning to look like the poster child for all that is wrong with the cult her parents have foisted upon the family.

do wonder if we are starting to see the family implode a bit here? In general, as the kids are getting older, it seems to be getting more more difficult for quite of few of them to hide their various pyschological or developmental issues and for their parents to control it or cover it up.

This life style does not produce healthy well-adjusted adults. It produces stunted children in adult bodies who are then expected to fulfill adult roles.

Something really went wrong in Jana's life and not the b.s. over the jewelry box. Josiah's life to has gone wrong. Obviously in his case he's at an obnoxious age and being forced to conform to the male straightjacket of uneducated small business owner is not sitting well.

Will we ever see Joseph or John again?? Seems like they are only in the background. Josiah was back on screen in the stupid unicycle thing.

Completely agree with you but if her future husband realizes after marriage how crap IBLP is, she might have a chance to escape. At that point, JB will no longer have any control over what Jana does since he will have had transferred his authority over to the husband. Then again, I think half of her sadness would go away just leaving the Duggar compound. A part of me thinks that's one of the main reasons she's been attending JTTH or ministering to JTTH lately. Even though it's an ATI event, she's away from her daily mothering of the howlers, the constant cooking and cleaning, while her mother is away attempting to procreate.

OK, just watched last night's episodes. Thank you,wendi-sparkles! I have been watching Go On and The New Normal, and don't own a DVR.

Random observations:

Poor Jana. She breaks my heart. For her to be reduced to tears over something that happened when she was 7 is very disturbing. And Jessa? Would it have killed her to hug her sister while she was crying? She's quite the bitch, isn't she? But I can't really blame her. Michelle has mentioned that Jessa had a strong will as a little girl, and was a challenge to "train". I take that as a lot of beatings. She may have learned to "behave", but I doubt she has forgotten, and probably resents the fact that the little ones get away with so much. She may be waiting for her chance to get back at Ma and Pa. Maybe she is a candidate for a "Growing Up Duggar" tell-all.

Random J-boy wearing the Davy Crockett hat. That thing must reek!

Jennifer, almost 5 at the time of filming, still sucks her thumb. What an unhappy looking child. Have we ever seen her smile?

So Grandma IS the only person who does the laundry, and when she leaves, it doesn't get done? Who would have thought?

Flaming David and Priscilla. Puke. The matching outfits, the kissing. Ugh. I will say, though, he can actually play the violin/fiddle. Did anyone else notice Josh tucked in his shirt while trying to do a handstand? Guess he didn't want the cameras to get a shot of his gut. Sorry, buddy, we could still tell it was there. Kinda ironic how he obviously feels so inadequate compared to a gay man. Of course everyone is blissfully ignorant of this, even David himself. They probably think all gay men are as fabulous as Carson Kressley (love him!), and after all, David can't possibly be gay, he's MARRIED!

At first I felt sorry for Smitty bringing food for the family, but it turns out he owns the restaurant. Judging from the menu choices (fried chicken, dirty rice, and shrimp), I'm guessing it's a Popeye's.

FU Internetz! We saw Josiah! And he got to talk! Someone get that poor boy some Pro-Activ fast. That kind of acne leaves scars.

The cracks are showing, and getting wider every week. The implosion is coming, too bad we probably won't see it on camera. But at least there was no mention of Jubilee this week.

I haven't watched 19 kids at all this season. I just can't bring myself to watch anymore. Watching those children's spirits being broken week after week and watching Michelle baby talk her way through everything all while JimBob acts the affable fool - has worn away what little patience I had for these people. Hearing about Jana's tears and Jessa's bitch face and Michelle's total lack of empathy just re enforces my opinion.

If TLC wanted to help a few of the J's escape (I'm looking at you - Jana and Josiah) I would watch that.

Completely agree with you but if her future husband realizes after marriage how crap IBLP is, she might have a chance to escape. At that point, JB will no longer have any control over what Jana does since he will have had transferred his authority over to the husband. Then again, I think half of her sadness would go away just leaving the Duggar compound. A part of me thinks that's one of the main reasons she's been attending JTTH or ministering to JTTH lately. Even though it's an ATI event, she's away from her daily mothering of the howlers, the constant cooking and cleaning, while her mother is away attempting to procreate.

I have long been of the opinion that the most likely way the older girls will escape the ATI lifestyle will be via marriage to a guy that goes fundie-lite or quits fundiedom altogether after the marriage and JB will have no say in that situation.

OK, just watched last night's episodes. Thank you,wendi-sparkles! I have been watching Go On and The New Normal, and don't own a DVR.

Random observations:

Poor Jana. She breaks my heart. For her to be reduced to tears over something that happened when she was 7 is very disturbing. And Jessa? Would it have killed her to hug her sister while she was crying? She's quite the bitch, isn't she? But I can't really blame her. Michelle has mentioned that Jessa had a strong will as a little girl, and was a challenge to "train". I take that as a lot of beatings. She may have learned to "behave", but I doubt she has forgotten, and probably resents the fact that the little ones get away with so much. She may be waiting for her chance to get back at Ma and Pa. Maybe she is a candidate for a "Growing Up Duggar" tell-all.

Random J-boy wearing the Davy Crockett hat. That thing must reek!

Jennifer, almost 5 at the time of filming, still sucks her thumb. What an unhappy looking child. Have we ever seen her smile?

So Grandma IS the only person who does the laundry, and when she leaves, it doesn't get done? Who would have thought?

Flaming David and Priscilla. Puke. The matching outfits, the kissing. Ugh. I will say, though, he can actually play the violin/fiddle. Did anyone else notice Josh tucked in his shirt while trying to do a handstand? Guess he didn't want the cameras to get a shot of his gut. Sorry, buddy, we could still tell it was there. Kinda ironic how he obviously feels so inadequate compared to a gay man. Of course everyone is blissfully ignorant of this, even David himself. They probably think all gay men are as fabulous as Carson Kressley (love him!), and after all, David can't possibly be gay, he's MARRIED!

At first I felt sorry for Smitty bringing food for the family, but it turns out he owns the restaurant. Judging from the menu choices (fried chicken, dirty rice, and shrimp), I'm guessing it's a Popeye's.

FU Internetz! We saw Josiah! And he got to talk! Someone get that poor boy some Pro-Activ fast. That kind of acne leaves scars.

The cracks are showing, and getting wider every week. The implosion is coming, too bad we probably won't see it on camera. But at least there was no mention of Jubilee this week.

I also find Jessa to be a bitch. To be honest, the only J'Slave that find to be somewhat likable is Jana. Jill, Jessa, and Jinger are all smug.

Speaking of kissing, I was grossed out watching the montage of the Wallers and Duggars kissing each other.

That grossed me out so much; I was very uncomfortable watching that. I even thought, "This is what people do right before the swing or have orgies."

BTW, normal people don't have kissing showoffs in front of their parents. What a weird thing to do.

Yes, Jessa's a B. However, I think that may be her salvation from Gothardism. I just don't see someone like that staying in forever. My money's on her making her escape within the next few years. Probably not til the show's over. Hopefully, she'll take Jinger with her and leave the floodgates open.

The Hunting ep....

Seriously, did Michelle just called David and Priscilla a DYNAMIC Couple!!?!?! BAHAHAHAHAAAAA :lol:

Seriously, thats the best lark I ever heard in my life!

HOLY CRAP... HOW huge and barrel like is Smuggars gut!?

Screencap:

smugs.png

[iimg]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/Amazon_Hippy/smugs2.png

CRACKER BARREL!

WHAT?! Jennifer is almost 5? She looks AND acts like a shy 3 year old.

I think the kids from Jackson and down are all stunted for their ages. I'm not surprised that Jennifer acts younger than her age.

Jennifer turned 5 on August 2. I always remember because it is my wedding anniversary. Her smug brother never posted any party photos on Instagram- I assume her birthday went unnoticed. Also, some random leghumper usually mentions that it's so-and-so's birthday, but no one mentioned Jennifer. It's odd how we have seen multiple episodes featuring some of the J'kids birthdays- Joyless Anna and Jessa come to mind, and no mention of the others.

Jennifer, Jordyn, Justin and Jason truly are the forgotten Duggars, unless they have an unfortunate accident.

Archived