IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

This is what I saw on the computer screen before the girls talked:

Relationships with Friends (discipleship):

-Siblings should be your friends

Jessa:

Bring a spiritual focus into your friendships. Disciple:

-read through the Bible together

-memorize scripture together

-recommend good books to your friends

-when you email or see one another, use that as an opportunity to talk about [...]

Jinger:

quick story about Jazi/friend at the play/advice from friend - 'when you [...]

Jana:

-(table and floor) a lot easier for them to pull you off then for you to [...]

-"show me your friends and I'll show you your future!" (explain)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 99% sure that their "family friend who owns a local fast food franchise" owns the local Chik Fil A. The building is beige with red trim... and he ordered a shitton of chicken.

And Jana was only 7 whole years old, to be made to feel so guilty about the incident from her "wise council" parents? Obviously, Jana still thinks about it and has issues about it. Just sad. I really can't stand how her parents twisted things out of proportion for a 23 year old to cry over an incident that happened when she was 7 years old that would have been something so innocent in a normal household.

/quote]

Exactly. It was as if she was still disturbed by it and carrying guilt surrounding it, which I mean we all do about certain things, but normally they are dramatic life events not some trivial thing you did when you were seven (that all children do). It just shows us how emotionally controlling they are. We all know it, but it's the moments like that that really crystallize it.

David's in this episode. He seems well spoken and has a slightly more refined cadence to his speech. Not compared to the world, but to fundies and especially the Duggars.

They are going hunting on this episode. Am I horrible if I want something mild to go wrong because of Jim Bob being an effing moron/over grown child. In the laser tag/Arby's promotion episode Jim Bob pushed one of the kids out of the way so he could win.

OMG! i'm laughing so hard watching the Josh vs. David segment. Watching Josh struggle to do a handstand was hilarious. What is up with this rivalry? It stems back to David and Priscilla's wedding-- right after their first kiss as husband and wife, JOSH had to kiss his wife in front of the whole church as well.

Speaking of kissing, I was grossed out watching the montage of the Wallers and Duggars kissing each other.

There's more!

-when you email or see one another, use that as an opportunity to talk about what you've been learning

quick story about Jazi/friend at the play/advice from friend - 'when you are lonely, look for [...]

-(table and floor) a lot easier for them to pull you off then for you to pull them up

Then there's a new heading:

Relationship with Siblings:

Anyone else see the twinge of jealousy with Smuggar when he was describing David as "well rounded"?

The kissing is gross. Triple gross with all 3 going at it at once.

David and Pris have been married a few months at the point this was filmed - the matching clothes have got to fucking stop.

Tebow wouldn't marry a Duggar girl because the Tebows don't do courtship. The courtship thing is extreme even among fundies. I don't think there are any semi-famous people who actually practice, not among athletes or politicians.

lol at the family on the escalator. Jinger was texting, not caring about the scenery at all. Joy was 100% over it. She couldn't have been channeling "disaffected teenager" more if she tried.

Funny we didn't get to see any scenes of J'chelle at home with the five youngest children... Guess when there's no extra help around, the chaos that ensues is not appropriate for the camera?

WOW the editing. They show Pris+David kissing four times in a row then cut to them kissing on the couch. JimBob sees this and responds "hey we like kissing too" and they kiss. Then Pris (Anna?) says "On three" then Pris+David kiss again and Josh and Anna kiss too.

THEN after the unicycle race David celebrates with an extra long spinny kiss. Anna then gives Josh a conciliatory kiss (initiated by her). They don't show the aftermath of the next two competitions, presumably to keep the audience from vomiting.

At this point it does NOT look like the couples are just so in love. The sheer frequency combined with stiffness makes it look like they have something to hide.

And Jana was only 7 whole years old, to be made to feel so guilty about the incident from her "wise council" parents? Obviously, Jana still thinks about it and has issues about it. Just sad. I really can't stand how her parents twisted things out of proportion for a 23 year old to cry over an incident that happened when she was 7 years old that would have been something so innocent in a normal household.

/quote]

Exactly. It was as if she was still disturbed by it and carrying guilt surrounding it, which I mean we all do about certain things, but normally they are dramatic life events not some trivial thing you did when you were seven (that all children do). It just shows us how emotionally controlling they are. We all know it, but it's the moments like that that really crystallize it.

Well if that ain't a smoking gun.You know how we all seem to have few vivid memories from childhood? The ones that might seem almost mundane, but seem to be reoccurring and referenced back to regularly? Well I've heard it said that the those kind of memories aren't remembered because they were the most traumatic/fun/scary etc[superlatives] But they are recollected and rehashed because they usually represent or depict something that generally describes our childhood well, and feelings about our childhood.

For me, a strange one I would recall often for (nearly 20 years) was watching my father in a doctors office, grabbing and proceeding to devour the biggest hand full of candy he could manage. He didn't share with me or the rest of the family, and I was too timid to reach for my own..sigh I was mortified and embarrassed by him. I realized it described very well my feelings of my fathers selfishness, entitlement and lack of grace. Hoarding taking for himself what should have been for all. The gesture portrayed the family relationship with him perfectly. It would have been a great metaphor for our relationship had I witnessed it or not. Ok Personal rant to make a point:

Jana's childhood memory; giving up her own happiness for her younger siblings...At her parents insistence. I say it's a smoking gun for what effect the sibling raising has done to her psychologically. Poor girl.

Maybe jana didn't want to give her her most prized possession-- her jewelry box. Perhaps she was reliving the pain of giving it away. When she was crying, I felt like she was not crying tears of joy.

I'm pretty sure the drive thru restaurant was a Popeyes fried chicken, the building had the same mural outside as our local one and the bags/boxes looked like theirs.

lol at the family on the escalator. Jinger was texting, not caring about the scenery at all. Joy was 100% over it. She couldn't have been channeling "disaffected teenager" more if she tried.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one laughing out loud over Joy's "disaffected teenager" vibe on that elevator.

Jana's childhood memory; giving up her own happiness for her younger siblings...At her parents insistence. I say it's a smoking gun for what effect the sibling raising has done to her psychologically. Poor girl.

Major red flag that she's very troubled by something.

I'm not sure if it's the sibling raising itself, or some other sort of specific problems she's had with one or more siblings whom she has to force herself to "love" because that was HER responsibility as a victim. And I find it hard to believe it was all triggered by some memory of 4 year old Jessa and a jewelry box. Or that Jessa remembered a freakin' thing about it.

They didn't show it, if they did. One of the younger boys did remark that they'd be eating turkey for a while though.

Archived