IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

Gosh, I am watching the episode with David and Priscilla visiting the Duggars. Josh's jealousy and feelings of inadequacy are so obvious they're really painful to watch. I'm actually starting to feel bad for him, something I normally never feel. The fact alone that everyone is commenting on it (and that the crew is asking so many different members of the family about Josh and David's relationship) is crazy, it must be that clear to even the most oblivious members of the Duggar family.

I also don't get the impression that David is a show-off, but these scenarios don't seem to be natural, either. I almost wonder if Josh is baiting him, trying to find some area - ANY AREA - in which he comes out on top. Enough so that Jim Bob is even offering to try things he knows nothing about (like playing the violin), in what I expect is an attempt to reduce Josh's humiliation.

Josh, the main difference between you and David is that it is evident that he has worked very hard to get where he is. And that includes working at something for longer than twenty minutes at a time, and over the course of months and even years. All you have to do, Josh, is discipline yourself. Limit your eating, increase your exercise. You might be able to then do a handstand or beat him at tennis. Practice your piano and you might be more impressive than him at music. Crack down at work and you might be able to compare your adult professional life to what he has accomplished working with ministries. And pursue some missionary work for yourself if you feel like a loser next to what David and his family have done. The concept is not hard to grasp, you just have to stop being so easy on yourself and do some actual work if you want to accomplish anything. People aren't going to hand you accomplishments, and being from a "famous" family you probably have a lot more opportunity for it than most of your peers, so just... get off your ass and go do something. Sitting around and having babies is not that impressive.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This life style does not produce healthy well-adjusted adults. It produces stunted children in adult bodies who are then expected to fulfill adult roles.

Something really went wrong in Jana's life and not the b.s. over the jewelry box. Josiah's life to has gone wrong. Obviously in his case he's at an obnoxious age and being forced to conform to the male straightjacket of uneducated small business owner is not sitting well.

Will we ever see Joseph or John again?? Seems like they are only in the background. Josiah was back on screen in the stupid unicycle thing.

That's true, we've seen that with Smuggar with his love of large portions and sweet tea which he drank against the orders of that oral surgeon and didn't care that they were inconvenienced by having to reschedule his wisdom teeth removal. I do think that one reason he doesn't look as good as other 24 year olds is that like with Zsu, hate ages someone faster than a high fat diet does.

Especially Jackson as he's older but even more immature than Hannie. Justin is only 18 months older than Jackson, but he seems years ahead of him.

Boob has said recently he likes them like that and one has to wonder if he isn't making an extra effort to keep them in a state of arrested development for the sake of the show. Jenny and Jordyn with their speech delays still don't seem ready for prime time.

:shock: ! In what context? I mean, I can understand saying something along the lines of "I really enjoy my kids at certain stages of life," because really, parenting does take a lot more effort in the terrible twos-threes, and again for tweens/teens (at least in normal families), and so i can see how the elementary school age could be a bit more enjoyable. But did he outright say that he prefers them infantilized?

Josh's jealousy and feelings of inadequacy are so obvious they're really painful to watch.

And how ironic is it that the man who makes him feel so inadequate is as gay as a maypole?

I haven't watched 19 kids at all this season. I just can't bring myself to watch anymore. Watching those children's spirits being broken week after week and watching Michelle baby talk her way through everything all while JimBob acts the affable fool - has worn away what little patience I had for these people. Hearing about Jana's tears and Jessa's bitch face and Michelle's total lack of empathy just re enforces my opinion.

If TLC wanted to help a few of the J's escape (I'm looking at you - Jana and Josiah) I would watch that.

19 Kids and Fleeing would bring Honey Boo Boo like ratings back to Duggar based programming.

I don't know if he's gay or not, sometimes the positive attitude and 'cheerful' countenance thing makes boys in this lifestyle seem more effeminate somehow. But I don't think Josh would be able to spot any of that anyway. The facts of the situation are: David is healthier than Josh, in better shape than Josh, better looking than Josh because he lacks the sallow, greasy look... David was not so obviously driven by his lust (whether because he's gay or because he's sexphobic due to how he was raised, who knows) and was able to get himself a professional life as a result of not getting married as soon as possible, is obviously better respected in their circles than Josh because of what he has accomplished, and seems to get along much easier with people than Josh. He has a lot more to talk about and although the vacuum lip kisses are gross, he's managing to give the world some PDA to creep us all out and secure his reputation as Heterosexual Male.

Even if Josh was able to spot mannerisms in David that would make him suspicious, he can't exactly prove anything or bring it up with anyone. Instead he just has to prove he's more man than David somehow else, which is clearly impossible! Especially since it is now clear that one can be active and accomplished AND deposit semen for future baby Gothardites. Which makes Josh look that much lazier.

was able to get himself a professional life

He works at ATI HQ.....not sure that takes talent so much as selection. He was likely TOLD to work there.

As a couple he and Priss just squig me out totally

I'm sure his family/the ATI people both encouraged him to work there, but either way. He displayed enough work ethic and 'character' that he got into a job where he is expected to interact with and guide other young people every day. Regardless of whatever we personally think about the stuff they're spewing or the poor education they get, he's still got more going for him than Josh. Even if it was selection that got him his job, it would suggest that he's considered a cut above the rest, which I'm sure drives Josh crazy. Especially after so many years of Josh having the attention on his own inconsequential contributions to the world. It must bother him that David is getting any attention at all, particularly on 'his' show.

I don't really view Jessa as a complete bitch, although she could/should have given Jana a hug when she was crying. Jana needs to get out of there. Crying about an incident that happened with a bratty little sister 15 years ago is too much. All those kids would have been much better off in smaller family units. There is a sense of smugness that permeates through the whole family. Jana seems to be the one who is the least smug.

Again, JimBob spouts off iconic statements, such as, "I consider this The Love Boat." The kids would have no idea that The Love Boat was a tv show from the 80's. Michelle and he get to chuckle about things from the pop-culture of their past while the kids have no idea about pop culture from their own generation.

Like how the twin's, with the curly hair, voice is changing. Which one is that; Jer or Jed? I always get them mixed up althought they don't look alike.

Another FU internet moment with Michelle and JimBob carrying or holding the hands of their youngest four girls. That looked like a cool hotel they went through. Are the Duggars expanding their musical tastes to include country music? I know the Bateses like country music. I thought the Duggars had issues with music having a beat, or something like that.

Guest Anonymous
I don't really view Jessa as a complete bitch, although she could/should have given Jana a hug when she was crying. Jana needs to get out of there. Crying about an incident that happened with a bratty little sister 15 years ago is too much. All those kids would have been much better off in smaller family units. There is a sense of smugness that permeates through the whole family. Jana seems to be the one who is the least smug.

Again, JimBob spouts off iconic statements, such as, "I consider this The Love Boat." The kids would have no idea that The Love Boat was a tv show from the 80's. Michelle and he get to chuckle about things from the pop-culture of their past while the kids have no idea about pop culture from their own generation.

Like how the twin's, with the curly hair, voice is changing. Which one is that; Jer or Jed? I always get them mixed up althought they don't look alike.

Another FU internet moment with Michelle and JimBob carrying or holding the hands of their youngest four girls. That looked like a cool hotel they went through. Are the Duggars expanding their musical tastes to include country music? I know the Bateses like country music. I thought the Duggars had issues with music having a beat, or something like that.

Dollywood defrauded them. Her music gets played out there all day everyday... or it did when I went back in 07. Then meeting the woman herself made it worse.

Dollywood defrauded them. Her music gets played out there all day everyday... or it did when I went back in 07. Then meeting the woman herself made it worse.

Did they have to Nike the whole time they met Dolly Parton, or what?

I agree with everyone about Jana.

She has a lot of sympathy from me - from what I've seen, she has a very strong sense of of duty and a highly developed work ethic. She takes her responsibilities very seriously, and she's been given a shit-load of them essentially from early childhood onwards. From the age of 5 or 6 she has literally been a mother!

Now me, I'm rather the same in terms of personality. If you give me a job of work I get it done and get it done to the best of my ability. This makes me hate, absolutely hate, shirkers and slackers. People I perceive to be lazy-bums drive me up the wall. I will bet anything Jana feels the same, deep down.

When I was around Jana's age I was working full time as the head waitress at a restaurant and doing my graduate studies at uni. I worked with this younger girl called Pat, who I suspect is Just. Like. Jessa. Very pretty, smartish and skilled at "looking busy". On shift together, I'd be busting my arse and she'd be counting the tips jar ( taking out more than her share), flirting with the businessmen who came in, or volunteering to cover the til ( really my job as the head).

Not only is Jessa Jana's co-worker, she is her sister. That she must spend all her time with, sleep in the same room with AND always be sweetness and light to. I'm surprised she hasn't bludgeoned her to death. On the surface personality clashes don't look like a big deal, but forcing someone (an adult!) to spend ALL their time with another that they don't click with, that they have not chosen as a friend, is psychological torture. I was really sorry for Jana; she's been forced into this non-consensual relationship from toddlerhood and handed a big helping of guilt besides. I hope her heart is moved to missionary work and a single life. Jana, run to other side of the planet, leave the nark (Jill) the slacker (Jinger) and I (evil atheist, hell-bound anyways) will personally kick the smirk off of that disgusting shit Jessa's face until she stops gloating over the fact that she tormented someone to tears and hands back your jewelry box.

Rant over.

So Jill is the "snitch", Jessa is the "bitch", and Jinger? I'm thinking "twitch", due to her admitted coffee addiction, or "itch" because she wants to move to the city.

Any other ideas?

"The six most important areas of a girl's life." Right. Because fundies don't believe in women learning about No. 7.

eouJJYOv1Ao

LOL at the J-boy (Jason?) spastically pogoing by at the start of the first episode like a human tumbleweed. I wonder if that was a last-minute FU Internetz edit after the uproar about last week's indoor pogoing.

I hope Smitty's restaurant scene was totally staged, because otherwise the Duggars are making people inconsiderate assholes by osmosis—you couldn't have placed that mammoth food order at the counter instead of backing everybody up at the drive-thru, Smitty?

So Jill is the "snitch", Jessa is the "bitch", and Jinger? I'm thinking "twitch", due to her admitted coffee addiction, or "itch" because she wants to move to the city.

Any other ideas?

"Witch"? Hannie's the "stitch." Michelle will eventually be the "lich." [/D&D nerd]

I wasn't worried about the fast food order. I'm willing to bet he'd been inside while the crew set up to film and the order was sitting there waiting for him to rattle it off. :)

I have a confession. I have pretty much detested Jinger since she started rolling her eyes. That is pretty conflicting for me since it is the iconic moment this site is named after, and I really enjoy the free-for-all of ideas here. Jessa has become insufferable ever since she realized she was pretty and could use it to her advantage. Jill is a garden variety tattle-tale.

It's not like girls like this didn't exist where I grew up, but they definitely didn't think they were paragons of morality and virtue. Jana breaks my heart, as does Joy-Anna and the forgotten little girls. Jana is going to have a breakdown if she does not get out of that house soon.

Any other ideas?

Itch sounds about right for Jinger. She doesn't work as hard as Jana, but at least she's not visibly smug about slacking. Jessa is clearly the favorite child and reminds me of every single person I have ever hated. I wouldn't put it past her to be the one to run and write the tell-all; that kind of person always looks out for number one. I've wanted to kick her in the pants ever since the creation museum episode where they ask some question like "What would would you say to people who question your family's lifestyle?" and she says"Get over it!" with the most self-satisfied, shit-eating grin. Way to address the public's legitimate concerns about your upbringing, we can see what a thoughtful little lady you really are! Dickhead.

Jessa is clearly the favorite child and reminds me of every single person I have ever hated. I wouldn't put it past her to be the one to run and write the tell-all; that kind of person always looks out for number one.

I can totally see Jessa writing a tell-all. I think the "training" she got as a young child because "she was so strong willed" is etched into her memory. She may have conformed to avoid further beatings, but she won't ever forget or forgive. She's probably just biding her time and waiting to get back at JB and DQ. And I also think that those early training sessions led her to be more detached from her parents and siblings- as seen in her lack of comforting gestures to Jana when she was crying.

I can totally see Jessa writing a tell-all. I think the "training" she got as a young child because "she was so strong willed" is etched into her memory. She may have conformed to avoid further beatings, but she won't ever forget or forgive. She's probably just biding her time and waiting to get back at JB and DQ. And I also think that those early training sessions led her to be more detached from her parents and siblings- as seen in her lack of comforting gestures to Jana when she was crying.

Yes, this, agree 100%.I can't stand Jessa or Smugger, but I don't lose sight of who's really to blame for this mess of a family: Dumbass and Dairy Queen. It would be poetic justice if either of the Golden children bolted and shat on their parents' legacy with a juicy tell-all. I'm torn here - on the one hand this is the most entertaining, and satisfying scenario, but on the other I want Josiah and Joyless to do a Nate Phelps because they have so much potential AND they would try to help others escape religious abuse.

"Witch"? Hannie's the "stitch." Michelle will eventually be the "lich." [/D&D nerd]

So I totally googled words that rhyme with itch. Rhymezone suggested (among other things) "brood bitch: a bitch used for breeding" which seems like it could do for Michelle :lol: . I also nominate Joy as the "glitch", as in, hang on, our programming seems to have gone haywire...

All the beatings she received as a child are probably hard for her to forget, like others have said. But I do see that she may have serious anger issues, if she has anger at her own mother for not protecting her from the beatings if JB did them or if her own mother beat her to submission. There are times when I see Jessa smirk or not get emotional (like with Jana), and I wonder how she will react when her parents pass away. I think she will be the one to secretly dance on their graves for making her only memories of her childhood full of beatings.

I'm a mother to a toddler and can't imagine "training" my child. She's so full of life and willful, gets on my last nerves (I have to admit), but the last thing I want to do is "train" that spirit out of her. I just don't understand the MOTY doing that to her older girls, and then turning her older girls (most likely) into the disciplinarians of the Howler Monkeys and Lost Girls,

I also nominate Joy as the "glitch", as in, hang on, our programming seems to have gone haywire...

Excellent! Now we just need something for Jana and Josie.

I think the Jana and Jessa story shows two very different but normal responses to the oppressive Duggar parenting. One daughter rebels in one of the only ways she can (fight back at the older sister who is in charge of her) and the other breaks down and loses her will.

The parents says that both had alot of spunk as little girls and it seems they went in two different directions. I perosnally like to see Jessa's attitude. Hopefully, she will use it to stay strong and keep her will. I feel for Jana and hopes she regains some of hers.

Oh, and my guess is that those two still don't like each other.

Holy crap the series has been on for 5 years (not counting the specials) I think we have enouigh of the Duggars, Even my dad said the SPECIALS were repetitive

Archived