IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

So they're still pulling in close to a million viewers per episode, even though this is the most boring season yet. Does this mean that we'll never get them off of our television screen?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not Anna's size that makes me wonder; it's her shape. Nobody gains weight like that. I gain most of my fat in my stomach but even I could never get such a shape.

That's what has me so confused. She doesn't look fat to me. She just looks pregnant.

When the person off camera asked, "so are you guys trying for another kid?" At 1:18 Josh shrugged and looked like 'not really.'

So they're still pulling in close to a million viewers per episode, even though this is the most boring season yet. Does this mean that we'll never get them off of our television screen?

Thy will get off screens at some point. I don't see them being on air in 2014. I watched several shows on TLC, a couple of weekends ago and there were no promos for 19kac. The promos that were shown were for Long Island Medium, Abby and Brittany, Honey Boo Boo, and Breaking Amish. TLC is focusing more on those shows than 19kac. I'm not sure about the ratings of LIM, Abby and Brittany and Breaking Amish. Honey Boo Boob is pulling in more ratings than 19kac. LIM seems to be doing well because Theresa did a Priceline commercial and she and her daughter did some car commercial that was partially sponsored by TLC. The Duggars don't have the mainstream appeal that Theresa and her family have. I do think Theresa is a cold reader, but I like when they show other aspects of her life. There was an episode in which the daughter went to prom and Larry acted like the protective father, but he still allowed his daughter go out and enjoy her prom. That is pretty normal compared to the Duggar girls talking about Boob picking their husbands and them taking advice from 32 year old single woman. Honey Boo Boo is seen as a freak show guilty pleasure.

TLC could keep the Duggars around mainly because reality shows are cheap to make. TLC knows that many people no longer find the Duggars to be cute. The only shows that invite them on are GMA, Today Show, and a couple of daytime shows. Outside of those shows, the Duggars don't get major attention. I think Boob and Mullet spouting the overpopulation is a myth crap has also turned more people off from 19kac.

I just realized that sound man Jim use to work as a sound man for Jon and Kate plus 8. His daughters comment about how working with the duggars is nicer then some of the other shows he has worked on now makes sense.

Yes. Here's the second episode from last night:

G9_aJhKEEvE

Lol, run Jana run your free Jana get out while still can.Was anyone else freakin out watching Josie jumping up and down in the front of that bike as small as she is I thought she was going to bounce right off the front of that thing.Poor JB had to get Grandma to take his kid to the potty.There was none in the restroom I am sure just open the door stand in the front of the door and let the kid go for goodness shake.

Lol, run Jana run your free Jana get out while still can.Was anyone else freakin out watching Josie jumping up and down in the front of that bike as small as she is I thought she was going to bounce right off the front of that thing.Poor JB had to get Grandma to take his kid to the potty.There was none in the restroom I am sure just open the door stand in the front of the door and let the kid go for goodness shake.

Or, you know, Jordyn's MOTHER could've taken her to the bathroom.

Why was Grandma wearing a skirt when hiking. Is she required to dress like her DIL and granddaughters now that she moved in?

I'm still freeking out at Anna's first visit to the library. :o Josh was a bozo as usual telling his daughter that she has to keep quiet in the library. The children's wing at my public library is far from quiet. There are discovery tables for the kids, Plush Puss and Boots, Cheshire Cat, Cat in the Hat and a Yertle the Turtle all larger than adults. There is a window full of teleidoscopes at least a dozen at varying heights and at story time the sound level is amazing. I was so sad that Anna didn't get her daughter a library card, but I doubt they will really use the facility, what with Google and all. :roll:

Why was Grandma wearing a skirt when hiking. Is she required to dress like her DIL and granddaughters now that she moved in?

My guess is that her headship son has stressed the importance of all of the female members of his household, even his elderly mother, dressing like females so as not to confuse or defraud any of the male members of the family.

But it is possible that it's done primarily for the show. In the episode where Boob bought Mary that bike that she didn't want, she made a comment that she'd have worn slacks if she'd known she'd have to get on a bike. Implying that she has at least one pair tucked away somewhere.

The thing that stood out for me this week's episode was the library card thing. I was shocked that Anna had never had a library card. It seemed like she was saying she had never been to the library. Ok, maybe shocked was too strong of a word....more like...mildly surprised? I can understand not buying books, because they can be expensive, but if she doesn't even go to the library, it seems that Anna and Josh has never had a habit of reading actual books. And their comment that that they can just go on google instead of the public library just saddens me. There's so much WRONG with that statement. This idea that books are only good for practical instructions, or to compare reading news articles with reading whole books....They never knew what it's like to spend time with a good book, or to read and have your viewpoint changed.

I know that the show tries to make the Duggars appear mainstream, but it's little details like this that tells me they are far outside of that. I'm almost afraid that the Duggars' reads much like the Maxwells---that is to say, they don't. I'm glad they are at least going to the library for their young children, however, love of reading is passed on when the parents love to read. Mack and Michael may never get that encouragement because they can just get their stuff from google :roll:

As an avid reader, I'm really saddened by this. Anna and Josh can try to put on the veneer of being an average family, but they really fulfill the fundie stereotype with their lack of intellectual pursuits.

Snark along with me:

yTgZhqtATyI

Oh yeah Johannah is really responding well to the closet classroom! She totally did not want to be there, and anyone see the big printed note done in sharpie that she was actually copying? She didn't actually write it herself.

Very telling that everyone has to go to Jill for the BB guns, I swear that girl knows more about what goes on in that household than Michelle does..

Jennifer Hartono with Josie, that spiecal premie baby really gets passed around doesn't she? And she's still getting bottle fed? *don't know much about babies* But figured she was passed being bottle fed?

HOLY CRAP Michelle carrying Josie, *take a picture since it rarely happens* Amusing that Josie was totally leaning back AWAY from her looking at a J-Slave like "dis ain't right!"

Hiking through a piece of property Grandma owns? I seem to remember it being mentioned on the show before she had some other property intown and such? Jim-Bob hiding those finances and assetts huh?

OMG Boob; The rocks and crevices and moss, how pretty... seriously you couldn't have say printed out an information sheet or even general information about the rock formation, make it somewhat educational?

Holy freaking heck taking grandma through the dense bush and over logs and shit, what was she wearing for shoes? uggs? they looked like uggs, certainly not hiking shoes!!

More Jimmy Bashing from Boob; he never took him fishing BOOHOO...

At least the kids seemed to have fun fishing and even Jana was smiling and happy, which was nice to see!

Glad Joy seems to enjoy Famy's company! She irks me.

I'm glad they did something nice for Grandma, but jinkies that woman deserves a real day trip to a real spa, without howlers and toddlers about. I really think the children love and appreaciate and get more from grandma Duggar than they do from their own Mother.

Yes. Here's the second episode from last night:

G9_aJhKEEvE

Ha Josh's face was very telling when asked about if they are trying for another baby. Just blank and shrug and even snorted and snuffled at the question, looking bored and eye-rolly and not interested... Yeah he really does NOT want anymore children and does not want to be defined as the guy trying to have as many children as his parents. I think he is actually finally realizing that trying to be like his Dad just isn't going to work for him!

However, Anna really does seem enthusiastic about having more. Interesting really. But I guess that's what you get when you raise women to be nothing but MOTHERS, and make their only value in life what she can pop out of her Uterus and I think Josh is realizing that Anna's focus is more on her children than her husband, and married family life isn't easy, nor all its cracked up to be! There is definitely discontent there, especially with the children issue.

Agreeing with everything everyone else said about how the heck can you go through life without ever having been to a library and not realize how easy it is to get a card and borrow books etc.

Something I just realized.... Doesn't Anna have any friends? Like outside of Duggar-dom? Other Mommy friends? etc? Seriously why the heck doesn't she join a nice Mommy's group or continue to go to the library thing every week, so she has friendship and the kids can have friendship etc... seems so odd to me!!!

Urgh Michelle and Jim-Boobs staged spiel to Jana, training her up all these years to send her out as a missionary for Christ!, raelly? :roll:

I swear Jana was sadder to say goodbye to Josie than the rest of the family!

The older girls sunglasses look quite expensive, and Anna had a coach handbag too, anyone notice that?

What kind of BS are they trying to pull with saying the ladies that come to Journey to the Heart come from all kinds of backgrounds and home lifes? Especially since we know the extravagant fee's involved in the Journey and that they have an extensive application form, being that you have to be ATI involved etc... :? Seriously pull the other one that plays Jingle Bells...

6 girls in one room with bunks, that would suck!

and is Jana sharing a double bed with another girl??? Anyone see her face light up when she mentioned "Laura"... 8-)

Jim Bob should have discussed the flora and fauna indiginous to the area? He should have told the kids about rock formations? Are we talking about Jim Bob Duggar?? I think it highly likely that those huge rock formations were caused by some event that happened more than 6,000 years ago. :roll:

One would think good manners would dictate that Jim Bob walk a little more slowly with 'Grandmaw' so he wouldn't appear to have been dragging Mary up that hill. It was nice to see the kids excited about catching fish.

I wonder what fundies think of the Frankenweenie trailer in the middle of that one? :lol:

Or the line across the page at the bottom that says here come honey boo boo lol I think if they wanted to snap back some ratings they should put Joahnnah up against Honey boo boo in pageant.Now that would be a funny site.I wonder if one of the girls would make her dresses.Home made against a 1000 dollar dress or would TLC spring for a fancy dress but even then it have to longer then the knee .Wouldn't that be a pretty to see I think I would be laughing so hard I bet her talent would be sing amazing grace but no dancing of corse.

Or, you know, Jordyn's MOTHER could've taken her to the bathroom.

Lol that would require her not only to get off the bike but to use her parenting skills.It takes a real parent to take your kid to the potty lol.Come on Joy Anna pedal that bike your only 14.

The thing that stood out for me this week's episode was the library card thing. I was shocked that Anna had never had a library card. It seemed like she was saying she had never been to the library. Ok, maybe shocked was too strong of a word....more like...mildly surprised? I can understand not buying books, because they can be expensive, but if she doesn't even go to the library, it seems that Anna and Josh has never had a habit of reading actual books. And their comment that that they can just go on google instead of the public library just saddens me. There's so much WRONG with that statement. This idea that books are only good for practical instructions, or to compare reading news articles with reading whole books....They never knew what it's like to spend time with a good book, or to read and have your viewpoint changed.

I know that the show tries to make the Duggars appear mainstream, but it's little details like this that tells me they are far outside of that. I'm almost afraid that the Duggars' reads much like the Maxwells---that is to say, they don't. I'm glad they are at least going to the library for their young children, however, love of reading is passed on when the parents love to read. Mack and Michael may never get that encouragement because they can just get their stuff from google :roll:

As an avid reader, I'm really saddened by this. Anna and Josh can try to put on the veneer of being an average family, but they really fulfill the fundie stereotype with their lack of intellectual pursuits.

QFT. Here, the kids all get student library cards a couple of months into their Kindergarten year. Otherwise, I would have gotten them library cards as soon as they could read. It is so, so sad that Anna never had a library card and that her kids probably won't either. Unless they just get cards for the show and FU Internets, then put them away forever. Google can never replace reading. I grew up in my grandmother's small town library, and I truly feel for any child who isn't encouraged to love to read. :( It really shows the fundie control, though. Can't have the children reading teh ebil BOOKS. They might get IDEAS and learn that being a J' or M'Slave isn't the only possible path in life.

Reading, or anything done as an individual (beyond bathing and using the toilet) is suspect. Anything that "takes the focus" off serving the Lord is suspect. Truth is that anything like that can lead you to question your life. Staying too busy, that GREAT WORLDLY SIN, is the key to keeping kids in line. Chores, chores, chores and FAMILY TIME--everyone together no matter what--maintains "family unity" and takes the focus off the individual. It breaks the will of the individual and keeps them dependent. Reading the Bible without Daddy to interpret can be a problem as well so instead you memorize---that takes up space in your brain.

Funny--but West Point and Paris Island do similarly! Break down the individual, build them up as a leader. Only in QF/P only Daddies get to be leaders. Everyone else must be totally dependent.

I thought it was interesting how Jana comments that, being away from home, it gives the younger girls an opportunity to 'learn the things that we learned at that age'. It's clear that she does want to get out of the house and move on in her life, but at this point in time she struggles to make it happen because there's no one to take her place. I doubt she really wants to put that kind of responsibility on the younger girls - especially since they would be taking care of their much older brothers - but I would be very, very surprised if she wasn't anxious to have some of the pressure taken off her.

I did find it cute how Jed and Jer were talking about the good part of the bike ride, with the best part being the hill that goes down, when they simultaneously said "down" and did the exact same gesture with their hands. You can tell they're really close, probably in part because they're twins, but they also seem to just get along really well. It's nice that they have a close friend to spend time with amidst all the chaos, especially now that they're getting to the age where they are separating from the younger kids in maturity/mentality but don't seem to relate much to the older siblings.

But it is weird to me how the family seems divided down the Joy Anna / Jed and Jer line. Like the 'older kids' and the 'younger kids', they're so separated for no apparent reason. Maybe just because of all the girls between JD and Joseph, they would have spent a lot of time doing more mature adult stuff (you know, all the childrearing.) while the boys after Joy Anna were more left to their own devices.

Oh, and I REALLY hope that Anna starts going to the library regularly. It may have been orchestrated by TLC, but it was obvious how much Mack wanted to be there and she does seem to like reading and looking at the pictures in the books. At this point, Anna does have the time to devote to her children individually and I hope they encourage Mackynzie's interest in books. It doesn't surprise me that neither Anna or Josh are big readers, but Mack is already showing enthusiasm for books, which is a great thing. It's true that an interest in reading is often related to parents reading with/to their children, but if they encourage Mack & their other kids, they could easily create a more literate future generation. Homeschooling or not, a lot of learning can be done individually just by reading for pleasure, and it would be despicable if they didn't try and encourage Mackynzie to be as literate and learned as she can be.

I did find it cute how Jed and Jer were talking about the good part of the bike ride, with the best part being the hill that goes down, when they simultaneously said "down" and did the exact same gesture with their hands.

Jed slightly followed Jer; more "mirroring" than what we tend to think of as "twin speak." That scene reminded me of Abby and Brittany: the latter tends to shadow the former, but they synch up so an observer's mind takes in the sychronicity and dismisses the shadowing.

The boys weren't in perfect synch and let's face it, they probably rehearsed their twin schtick before they were called into the TH booth.

Archived