IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

I can't believe I wasted 60 minutes watching this junk. Jim Bob teaches his kids to walk up hills and fish. Jim Bob destroys bikes. Jim Bob talks about Jana being such a blessing. Every time I see Michele and hear that little girl voice I want to strangle her. :twisted:

I really find it hard to believe none of the kids has ever had an opportunity to fish in the past; not even the older one! That's just strange to me. They live in the country and Grandma has owned this property with the pond; you'd think at least the older boys would have been there fishing at some point.. Either way, JimBob did forget to show his children how to PLACE a fish just taken off the hook back into the water; instead of winging it half way across the pond.

I felt bad for camera-man Jim trying to explain to the bike shop owner what how the buggy broke. The owner seemed very miffed; as though Jim had broke it on purpose! And what happened to all those individual bikes they loaded onto the SUV's (I know some needed repair, I didn't think all of them!)?

Jana did seem to be by herself at the camp, except for the cameraman. Good for her!

Loved the spa day for Grandma!

Why do we need to hear about Jubilee every episode???

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a definite shrug from Josh when he they were asked whether they wanted more kids. Whether it was an indifferent shrug or a "none of your business" shrug, I can't say, but he looked anything but enthused by the idea.

two words:

erectile dysfunction

Help me out here ladies. Firstly I must apologize for being a week late with this post. We DVR and sometimes it takes awhile till we get around to watching our shows.

We just saw last week's episodes (cookie dough) and honestly, how can Anna not be pregnant? Either she's got a giant tumor or she packing unborn. I asked myself, "How can this be? Just a couple of weeks ago she proclaimed on camera that she was not expecting." But how did she word that? Did she say she wasn't pregnant? Or that she wasn't pregnant with A baby? Because if she's pregnant with two babies she would still be telling God's honest truth. She also mentioned something about welcoming twins. But for real, that can't be food baby can it?

The timeline fuckery probably explains Anna's weight fluctuations. She spent so much time on the road for Santorum sharing Josh's crap diet. I think it's a food baby. There's no way Josh would miss the opportunity to pimp out another pregnancy.

Help me out here ladies. Firstly I must apologize for being a week late with this post. We DVR and sometimes it takes awhile till we get around to watching our shows.

We just saw last week's episodes (cookie dough) and honestly, how can Anna not be pregnant? Either she's got a giant tumor or she packing unborn. I asked myself, "How can this be? Just a couple of weeks ago she proclaimed on camera that she was not expecting." But how did she word that? Did she say she wasn't pregnant? Or that she wasn't pregnant with A baby? Because if she's pregnant with two babies she would still be telling God's honest truth. She also mentioned something about welcoming twins. But for real, that can't be food baby can it?

I think the same. Are they keeping it secret or is she really that huge?

I agree that Anna really did look pregnant for a while there, but I think it was a combination of three things: having just had two babies in a short time span, eating a horrible diet and getting no exercise while on the road, and wearing maternity clothes. On the one hand I feel bad for Anna... it can't be fun to have strangers constantly speculating over whether or not you're pregnant. On the other hand, this is one of the drawbacks of trying to promote a lifestyle that involves having as many children as possible. People are always going to wonder if you're pregnant.

I think the same. Are they keeping it secret or is she really that huge?

If she has a diastasis recti, then yes she will look that huge. Add in a food baby and she'll always look 6 months pregnant.

It's not Anna's size that makes me wonder; it's her shape. Nobody gains weight like that. I gain most of my fat in my stomach but even I could never get such a shape.

So many set-ups, so little time. It was obvious Anna was uncomfortable in a building funded by the ebil libruls. She had no fucking clue how a library worked other than you borrow books. Sad, sad, sad...and even worse, she's carting the kids off and Smuggar is still sitting on his lazy ass at home.

Back to the first episode: Boob, learn about moss. "God's carpet" is actually grass. If a kid is curious enough to ask, make a fucking science lesson about it, FFS. They could have studied the flora and fauna indigenous to the area they hiked before they went. But...they didn't.

Yet another set up: Jana's "goodbye." IRL, they dropped her off in Chicago on their way home from stumping for Frothy in Wisconsin. At least they confirmed that she's now working for Gothard as an indoctrination leader.

This "bike ride" is boring as shit.

More to come, of course.

I agree the library thing was a total set up by TLC.

It's not Anna's size that makes me wonder; it's her shape. Nobody gains weight like that. I gain most of my fat in my stomach but even I could never get such a shape.

I have seen people gain weight like that, especially after having kids. I think Anna was wearing maternity clothes because they fit her, and unfortunately it emphasized her stomach and made her look pregnant.

Did anyone else catch JB's explanation of the moss? They were crossing that rock formation on Gma's property and he pointed out the moss, one of the howlers said something to the effect of "what's moss for?". JB chuckled and said "well I'm not really sure - it's God's carpeting". God's carpeting? Geez no wonder these kids are so fucked intellectually. Now personally I don't know much about the dynamics of moss, so I would have said 'yanno I'm not all that sure, let's google it when we get home' and we would have googled it or found a book and found out. When kids ask questions it's because they want to know, nurturing their curiousities is how they learn. God's carpet my ass. Ugh.

So according to JB he takes the kids hunting and fishing all the time. But according to the kids most of them caught their first fish that day. hmmm. Something smells fishy - and it isn't those puny sunfish.

Also: Hey Grandma, take a 15 break from washing all our smelly clothes so we can give you a fake spa day, then back to the laundry with you.

Did anyone else catch JB's explanation of the moss? They were crossing that rock formation on Gma's property and he pointed out the moss, one of the howlers said something to the effect of "what's moss for?". JB chuckled and said "well I'm not really sure - it's God's carpeting". God's carpeting? Geez no wonder these kids are so fucked intellectually. Now personally I don't know much about the dynamics of moss, so I would have said 'yanno I'm not all that sure, let's google it when we get home' and we would have googled it or found a book and found out. When kids ask questions it's because they want to know, nurturing their curiousities is how they learn. God's carpet my ass. Ugh.

Yes, the bolded is the proper response, JB's response is a cop-out. :x

two words:

erectile dysfunction

CAREFUL!!!! When I mentioned that months and months ago I was accused of being ALL ABOUT TEH SMUGGAR SECKS!!!! :roll: :lol:

Personally, I think you're right. Smuggar's huge weight gain is taking it's toll.

CAREFUL!!!! When I mentioned that months and months ago I was accused of being ALL ABOUT TEH SMUGGAR SECKS!!!! :roll: :lol:

Personally, I think you're right. Smuggar's huge weight gain is taking it's toll.

This, or he just doesn't have the energy because of the crap diet. He probably falls asleep on the couch watching Faux News.

That too. I really do see them becoming more and more fundie light... I think (as dim as he is) he knows the gravy train will soon end and he doesn't want to be saddled with a hundred kids he won't be able to feed. Plus he's become so accustomed to traveling all over and going to Razorback games, eating out every day. With a bunch of kids, none of that will happen. Anna has to go along with whatever he says, having been thoroughly brainwashed since birth that she's a servant to whatever man Daddy sells her to.

I think (as dim as he is) he knows the gravy train will soon end and he doesn't want to be saddled with a hundred kids he won't be able to feed.

I so agree with this. Josh may be lazy, a poor businessman, and ignorant (not all his fault, he got a piss-poor excuse for an education), but I think that as far as realizing that having a gazillion kids is not a good idea is concerned, he is sharp as a tack. He plays along because that's how he earns his living, but he also remembers, not so fondly, what it was like growing up packed in a house like sardines. I think he probably has a lot of resentment, and will not continue the cycle. And though he does seem to be blowing a lot of his TLC nest egg, he probably is worried about what will happen when the show ends.

As much as I dislike him, he is not to blame for his upbringing.

Josiah, Joy, and Jana would be the obvious ones, but I think it will be one we least expect. I'm betting on Jedediah or Jeremiah. Jason would be an obvious one too, considering he fell in the orchestra pit and had to go to church with the family the next day. Why they couldn't let him stay home and rest is beyond me.

Why they weren't supervising him so he didn't fall into the orchestra pit is beyond me.

Why they weren't supervising him so he didn't fall into the orchestra pit is beyond me.

That too. Jason falling in the orchestra pit, I think Josiah fell out of a tree when he was younger and now Jordyn getting her head stuck in the railing. I would love to see what their insurance premiums are.

I'm lurking in hopes of someone posting a YouTube link...

I was also starting to think diastasis recti for Anna, as well.

Isn't this only in pregnant women and newborns?

Archived