IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

looks like the first episode from last night is up

yTgZhqtATyI

And so Joahnnah has hyper active disorder o wait a Duggar Doesn't know what that is?Michelle built a room that she can lock herself inside of so the kids don't bug her lol.A Duggar kid learning to use a gun o lord help us all .A bunch of little out of control kids shooting guns ..I hope one the kids don't accidentally shoot each other that would sad if little Jordyn or Josie accidentally got caught in the middle.Those kids are so out of control and they are teaching them to shoot guns .Smart move JB you cant even control your kids and your teaching them to shoot weapon .The older kids shouldn't be giving the ok for the guns the parent should and only under supervision.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it count towards their ratings if I watch an episode via youtube?

I don't think it does. A couple of the big 4 networks do count their Hulu/Hulu plus or internal site site streaming numbers for their shows. The episodes of 19kac being uploaded on YT have commercials edited out. Youtube viewings for TLC shows won't count. I think TLC tends to only focus on the first channel airings of the show. I doubt they focus on the ratings for encore airings. I haven't read anything about last night's ratings but I'm sure they are declining now because they are competing with scripted shows and depending on time zones they are also competing with The Voice and DWTS in some areas.

No.

And also, what? Johannah has ADHD? Why am I not surprised, that whole family pings my ADHD-dar. Which is a top-of-the-line "takes one to know one" model.

No.

And also, what? Johannah has ADHD? Why am I not surprised, that whole family pings my ADHD-dar. Which is a top-of-the-line "takes one to know one" model.

I don't think they actually said that...not that they would mention even if it were true. See: Josie the miracle baby with absolutely no problems or delays at all.

I would be kind of surprised if Hannie actually had diagnosable ADHD. I think she was just bored because she's not used to "doing school" as part of her routine, and Michelle was making no particular effort to engage her interest.

Michelle: How DARE she compare the loss of a spouse of over 40 years to miscarrying her precious Jubilee? That's just appalling. Not wanting to minimize the sadness of a miscarriage, but there is simply no comparison between the two.

I've always had the feeling that Grandma and Michelle do not get along. Ditto Michelle and Anna. Just a "vibe" there somehow. I think Grandma will do anything for her son and for money (can't blame her--retirement IS expensive). :snooty:

I WAS glad to see her taking Hannie to an actual quiet location to do school work. What happened to the blanket training and teaching kids to sit still?? It CAN be done even with ADHD and without violence! (I have a son with ADHD and he managed at Church and in the car when asked before he had meds--can't vouch for school!).

Someone else ask but I'll second it--are Jonathon and his sister Josiah and Jana's replacements?? Didn't see Siah anywhere....maybe he's too busy doing fake college classes or attending boot camp with a shaved head??

No.

Thanks to the person who uploaded the episode on YT.

Johannah has a lot of energy and is very smart, which leads to sheer boredom with nothing to stimulate her intellectually. Her role models are the Howler Monkeys, despite how Boob hopes Johannah will grow up to be like a J'slave. She isn't allowed to read any interesting books like girls her age would or do gymnastics (even though her mother J'chelle was able to as a child).

As for the outfits for gymnastics, Johannah could wear tights/leggings with a loose skirt and a shirt and still be "modest" and not defraud the other kids there. I think J'chelle and Boob are just lazy and cheap and don't want to pay for private lessons even and drive Johannah around.

The Howler Monkeys and Lost Girls would benefit so much if they were able to participate in team sports and go to school (and not that SOTDRT crap).

I also was feeling quite claustrophobic when I saw Johannah in that tiny classroom. Even the prayer closet seemed bigger than that space. Michelle should give up her office or the goodbye/exercise room and make that a classroom/studyroom (and still send the kids to school).

And comparing the death of a fetus to the death of a long-time spouse just made me think (like everyone else) that Michelle seriously needs to get some psychological help. That woman is nuts, and all the recent FU internets moments on the show are not helping.

I can't comment about Smugs on last night's episode (haven't seen that episode). But I'll just note that he seems depressed in the most recent episodes. Maybe he feels stuck with a wife who (at least publicly) shoots her mouth about wanting more kids and a father who controls his finances. Well, in general, most of the J'kids look depressed or checked out, and I wonder if Jim Boob and J'chelle even care. I hate to admit this, but sometimes I think at least one of their children will flee and never look back or attempt suicide.

I think it was interesting that the editors showed how hard it was for Grandma to get around in a skirt. I also thought it was interesting that they showed Boob talking about how he loves to take his kids fishing while also showing fishing poles with their tags still on them and kids fucking up at every opportunity. Boob is a liar.

It was a TLC "toss 'em under the bus" fun fest if there ever was one.

The snarker demographic must be bigger than the admirer demographic now, so they may as well give the people what they want.

I grew up in suburban Boston not rural Arkansas, but I was an expert at fishing for pond catfish by the time I was Hannie's age. These kids have clearly had a bizarre childhood. And it's an absolute miracle no one had an eye pulled out. I think I noticed Josiah and the exchange student boy fishing far away from the rabble. Sensible lads.

The hike with Grandma was the worst. She's the same age as my mother, and I cannot imagine doing something like that to her, in a skirt and uggs no less. Why that woman doesn't just tell off that dipshit of a son for once is beyond me. It's hard for me to have sympathy for someone who is willing to be such a doormat for her own kid.

1. Does 19KAC have a new production crew this season? The episodes are so dull (except for Gayvid and Prissy's wedding, that was fun) and they seem to having trouble coming up with anything to film that is the slightest bit interesting. And the editing has become extra lame - using the identical couch shot over and over throughout the story, etc.

2. I'm getting the impression that the Duggars weren't financially comfortable until 14 Kids and Counting or whatever it was called came along (that crappy, tiny house) even though they say they had rental property income back then, and it also seems that they never did anything fun at all until the cameras came into their lives. Boob and the kids "love fishing", yet they clearly hadn't done it before?

I've always had the feeling that Grandma and Michelle do not get along. Ditto Michelle and Anna. Just a "vibe" there somehow.

I don't think it's that unusual. My mother jokes that the best thing about having daughters is having sons-in-law and the worst thing about having sons is having daughters-in-law.

I've always had the feeling that Grandma and Michelle do not get along. Ditto Michelle and Anna. Just a "vibe" there somehow. I think Grandma will do anything for her son and for money (can't blame her--retirement IS expensive). :snooty:

Didn't see Siah anywhere....maybe he's too busy doing fake college classes or attending boot camp with a shaved head??

I had considered Josiah to be one of the most attractive Duggars, but I notice this season he's going through a bit of an ugly stage and wondered if this is why he's not filmed as much.

1. Does 19KAC have a new production crew this season? The episodes are so dull (except for Gayvid and Prissy's wedding, that was fun) and they seem to having trouble coming up with anything to film that is the slightest bit interesting. And the editing has become extra lame - using the identical couch shot over and over throughout the story, etc.

2. I'm getting the impression that the Duggars weren't financially comfortable until 14 Kids and Counting or whatever it was called came along (that crappy, tiny house) even though they say they had rental property income back then, and it also seems that they never did anything fun at all until the cameras came into their lives. Boob and the kids "love fishing", yet they clearly hadn't done it before?

No new production crew that I know of. Irony is, I've been asking for less trips and more "real life" and now it seems I'm bored to tears about seeing their real life shit, even though it's fakey fake and staged. I think a lot of the recent episodes are throwaway ideas from the past season, because they thought that Michelle would have given birth to baby #20 instead of having a miscarriage.

I agree that Michelle doesn't seem to care for Grandma's presence at TTH. I wonder if Grandma has had opportunities to leave TTH (even for a few days) but fears how the J'kids will be treated if she is gone. No hugs for Grandma or kind words in any videos, unless it's on camera in a TH.

I had considered Josiah to be one of the most attractive Duggars, but I notice this season he's going through a bit of an ugly stage and wondered if this is why he's not filmed as much.

I have to wonder if Josiah feels guilty and blames himself (even just a little bit) for J'Chelle's miscarriage. I watched the clip again where they announced #20 and he was clearly pissed about it.

Then again, if I had to live with a film crew, I might go hide sometimes.

Why are they using old pics in the opening? I thought it was a new season. Why aren't they using the pics TLC took of everyone at that old dilapidated house? The one of J&A is from when Mikey was a newborn, and Josh has gained a *shocking* amount of weight in one year. I'll bet he's gained 50 lbs since Mikey was born. He obviously has some "issues" he is trying to ignore by eating. Issues probably relating to his upbringing, his screwed up parents, Gothard, his limited education squelching his true career aspirations, his loveless arranged marriage, & the control his parents still have over every aspect of his life, and he is eating himself to death. He really needs to see a counselor or something to get a handle on some of these issues, break away from the crazy family, and decide what he really wants to do with his life. I'm honestly concerned about the state of his health in 5 years if he doesn't make some changes.

And Joy is driving? She's 14. It was winter in this ep, so she was a young 14.

Johannah - in Duggarland, children who aren't quiet, mindless, obedient robots are "problem children." We had previously heard that Jana was a lot like Johannah when she was young (ie before her spirit was crushed.) If they manage to turn Johannah into another Jana in 10 or 12 years, that's criminal.

And Joy is driving? She's 14. It was winter in this ep, so she was a young 14.

A junior driver's license (sometimes called a learner's permit) can be obtained in Arkansas at age 14.

I WAS glad to see her taking Hannie to an actual quiet location to do school work. What happened to the blanket training and teaching kids to sit still?? It CAN be done even with ADHD and without violence! (I have a son with ADHD and he managed at Church and in the car when asked before he had meds--can't vouch for school!).

Someone else ask but I'll second it--are Jonathon and his sister Josiah and Jana's replacements?? Didn't see Siah anywhere....maybe he's too busy doing fake college classes or attending boot camp with a shaved head??

I get the same vibe concerning Grandma/Michelle/Anna. I get the feeling she feels they are incompetent and in Michelle's case; also loopy So, Grandma feels she needs to take charge in the most quiet manner.

Hannie, as probably some others, just requires more structure and that is hard to come by from the traveling team. We know where jana was; and I sort of think Josiah was at some type of Alert conditioning "camp"-I won't ever again say why (due to being scolded here); but I have my suspicions.

Hi all! Long time lurker, first-time poster (obvs)

I didn't notice anyone else point it out so far, but for a split second Joy was caught on camera doing some very tongue-in-cheek fake crying as they were taping their goodbyes to Jana. It was basically my highlight of the night's episodes, and I just had to share in the hopes that I wasn't the only one to catch it. Well, that along with the Joy-Amy hug was my highlight reel.

Hi all! Long time lurker, first-time poster (obvs)

I didn't notice anyone else point it out so far, but for a split second Joy was caught on camera doing some very tongue-in-cheek fake crying as they were taping their goodbyes to Jana. It was basically my highlight of the night's episodes, and I just had to share in the hopes that I wasn't the only one to catch it. Well, that along with the Joy-Amy hug was my highlight reel.

I missed that. I wonder if she and Jana don't really get along. Not something they'd be allowed to demonstrate.

Why are they using old pics in the opening? I thought it was a new season.

TLC is billing this as continuing season six so new new opening until/if we get to season seven.

I missed that. I wonder if she and Jana don't really get along. Not something they'd be allowed to demonstrate.

Or maybe she just thinks it idiotic that they have to stage all of these precious moments. And she would totally be right.

Archived