IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

Isn't this only in pregnant women and newborns?

Nope. I have it. It was caused by multiple pregnancies close together. Basically with each pregnancy my abdominal muscles separated a little farther and now they will not go back. There are exercises you can do for it (google Tupler Technique) and they do help somewhat. Combine that with a food baby (which Anna likely has here) and you can easily look 5 or 6 months pregnant. Another possibility is an umbilical hernia. Having diastasis recti can actually increase the risk for developing an umbilical hernia.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really think that the Smugglers are heading down the fundie lite road and are keeping it on the down low. It explains the hesitation on Josh about another baby, the library visit, Michael's shorts, Anna's shorter skirt that she wore today. I hope so.

Totally agree. I say not more than 4 kids and they'll eventually go to Christian School--maybe not in elementary school though.

Once you've broken free of "at home with the family only" and seen the world, that's it. You will be IN the world even while trying not to be too much OF the world.

I hope they make it.

Isn't this only in pregnant women and newborns?

Nope. I had mine fixed in January. My youngest is 11 years old.

That too. Jason falling in the orchestra pit, I think Josiah fell out of a tree when he was younger and now Jordyn getting her head stuck in the railing. I would love to see what their insurance premiums are.

Insurance? That's for heathens. They'll use Scamaritan Ministries.

That too. Jason falling in the orchestra pit, I think Josiah fell out of a tree when he was younger and now Jordyn getting her head stuck in the railing. I would love to see what their insurance premiums are.

If JB has actual insurance like blue cross he totally lucks out by living in Arkansas. I doubt he really knows what it is like in other states. I compared Blue Cross Arkansas to Blue Cross Utah. Arkansas does not penalize you for have more then a set number of kids. In Utah it is now per kid. JB would not pay higher rates if they had a ton of accidents , everyone absorbs the share with yearly rate increases. This comparison makes me sick, In utah 2 parents one child 80/20 $1k ded (except maternity 9k) is $1244 a month. Arkansas JB and 18 kids 100% after $1k ded is $414 a month. I asked my insurnace agent if I could buy a small piece of land in Arkansas and get those rates!

I have gone back and forth wondering if he has one of those "christain sharing plans" but if he signed up with blue cross high ded years ago he would be paying less then $414(that is for the 1k ded. If he had $5k it would be closer to $300). I do fully believe Josie was paid for with state/federal funds. JB paid for Michelle's helicopter ride and section or part of it and that is how is justifies saying he paid for the birth.

As for the episodes, they were a choppy editting mess. Again seemed to cover at least 6 months back and forth. I wrote down a bunch observations but left them at home.

One I remember that has not been brought up was didn't Jana say she was sharing that room with the other team leader? It had one full bed? I know they share beds at home with siblings but 2 20 something girls in a full bed? Maybe I heard wrong?

Also loved the Joy hug. So happy she has Amy.

I think JB didn't treat his mom too well having her hike through those down limbs and brush. I bet she would to have loved to be wearing jeans. She seemed to have a hard time not because of age but with that skirt and boots. JB should have stayed right with her and had a an older Jboy in front of her to make a clear pathway.

Why is it necessary for every outing to be a field trip involving all (or the majority of all) children? Wouldn't it have been nice if Dad and Grandma took two older kids, one boy and a girl to help supervise, and the six youngest and let the other kids have 'free time'?

According to their book they have real insurance, probably BCBS or something similar. Jordyn was hospitalized with a respiratory infection when she was a couple of weeks old, which is what I think motivated them to get it. Plus the fact that they actually have TLC money now makes it easier to get those "little extras" like insurance :roll: I think the insurance paid for most of Michelle's care leading up to Josie's birth, but I'm sure 6 months in the NICU would have maxed out the lifetime limits of any reasonable policy.

They do have insurance, but I thought it was some sort of fundie insurance pool?

Who knows, maybe ATI offers some sort of group insurance plan. Gothard is all about $$$ and probably has his fingers in as many pies as possible.

In another thread, someone was mentioned that since Josie is micropreemie that her care in the NICU was covered by Medicaid and that whatever insurance Boob has would cover the overflow. I'll be a bit cruel, I bet part of the reason Boob and Mullet got insurance is because doctors told them about certain risks and they decided to have have insurance in case something bad happens which did happen with Josie.

According to their book they have real insurance, probably BCBS or something similar. Jordyn was hospitalized with a respiratory infection when she was a couple of weeks old, which is what I think motivated them to get it. Plus the fact that they actually have TLC money now makes it easier to get those "little extras" like insurance :roll: I think the insurance paid for most of Michelle's care leading up to Josie's birth, but I'm sure 6 months in the NICU would have maxed out the lifetime limits of any reasonable policy.

I always doubted what the book said till I saw the blue cross rates and that Arkansas doesnt charge per child. JB said he has had the insurance since after the twins were born. He paid for Josh and the twins births on some sort of payment plan. Im sure after the first c-section with the twins he saw the value of insurance. They were not all ATI when they justhad the 3 kids so I believe he probably did get high ded private blue cross type insurance. If they kept the policy all these years then they would just have regular rate increases(which he is SO lucky are very small in Arkansas) and each new blessing would be added for no extra charge.

To merge thought with another thread about the Duggars mutliplying to 2 million in a few generations, if families did this the same thing that happened in Utah would happen in other states if the birth rate was so high. Insurance charging per kid and maternity ded so high you are basically paying out of pocket 100% unless you get a c-section or have complications. The cheapest maternity ded unless you have a great group plan in Utah is now 9k, and they go up to 15k. When I saw my maternity ded go from $10 to 9k(over 10 years time) it was its own form of birth control for me!

I always doubted what the book said till I saw the blue cross rates and that Arkansas doesnt charge per child. JB said he has had the insurance since after the twins were born. He paid for Josh and the twins births on some sort of payment plan. Im sure after the first c-section with the twins he saw the value of insurance. They were not all ATI when they justhad the 3 kids so I believe he probably did get high ded private blue cross type insurance. If they kept the policy all these years then they would just have regular rate increases(which he is SO lucky are very small in Arkansas) and each new blessing would be added for no extra charge.

To merge thought with another thread about the Duggars mutliplying to 2 million in a few generations, if families did this the same thing that happened in Utah would happen in other states if the birth rate was so high. Insurance charging per kid and maternity ded so high you are basically paying out of pocket 100% unless you get a c-section or have complications. The cheapest maternity ded unless you have a great group plan in Utah is now 9k, and they go up to 15k. When I saw my maternity ded go from $10 to 9k(over 10 years time) it was its own form of birth control for me!

I don't know about BCBS, but our insurace (Cigna) charges the same whether we have one child or 10.

Shut the fuck up Michelle we all know your SOTDRT has been crap for your kids.

I think the whole new schoolroom in the girls seweing closet tells us who is teaching them. Why not in Michelle's office or the baby alcove that no longer has a crib? Or why in that 6000 or 7000 sq foot house do they not have a school room! I think they choose Hannie for that segement because she seems to be one grade level. It looked like she could write somewhat neatly and spell and simple note. I would have loved to see Jackson do the same.

I think the whole new schoolroom in the girls seweing closet tells us who is teaching them. Why not in Michelle's office or the baby alcove that no longer has a crib? Or why in that 6000 or 7000 sq foot house do they not have a school room! I think they choose Hannie for that segement because she seems to be one grade level. It looked like she could write somewhat neatly and spell and simple note. I would have loved to see Jackson do the same.

You hush your mouth. Michelle will be having another blessing any day now and don't you dare imply otherwise. ;)

Watching that hike, I have to wonder if ole JimBob isn't trying to "do in" Grandma and get his hands on the remainder of her property.

I think it was interesting that the editors showed how hard it was for Grandma to get around in a skirt. I also thought it was interesting that they showed Boob talking about how he loves to take his kids fishing while also showing fishing poles with their tags still on them and kids fucking up at every opportunity. Boob is a liar.

Did anyone else catch JB's explanation of the moss? They were crossing that rock formation on Gma's property and he pointed out the moss, one of the howlers said something to the effect of "what's moss for?". JB chuckled and said "well I'm not really sure - it's God's carpeting". God's carpeting? Geez no wonder these kids are so fucked intellectually. Now personally I don't know much about the dynamics of moss, so I would have said 'yanno I'm not all that sure, let's google it when we get home' and we would have googled it or found a book and found out. When kids ask questions it's because they want to know, nurturing their curiousities is how they learn. God's carpet my ass. Ugh.

...But then, what would grass be? God's shag carpet?

I didn't watch last night, and I just saw the first episode.

Michelle: How DARE she compare the loss of a spouse of over 40 years to miscarrying her precious Jubilee? That's just appalling. Not wanting to minimize the sadness of a miscarriage, but there is simply no comparison between the two.

And let's face it, she's not mourning the actual child, she's mourning the trophy child, the elusive #20. If Jubilee had gone to term she would already be passed off to a buddy by now.

As soon as I heard the somber music at the beginning, I knew we would hear about her terrible loss yet again.

Enough already! You have 19 other kids. Be thankful for what you have already.

...But then, what would grass be? God's shag carpet?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just snorted. Where I live shag may have a different meaning which really makes what you said all kinds of brilliant :D

What I can't figure out is why Michelle even has an office. We plebs with small 3-5 member families make do without either headship or helpmeet having offices, we just have desks in bedrooms or living rooms, even those who work at home. If Michelle is the oh-so-holy hands-on SAHM she claims to be, what does she need an office for? If she's that desperate for a moment to herself, she has (I'm assuming) a lock on her bedroom door, her own bathroom, and a prayer closet.

But of course, let's sacrifice the girls' sewing room, and leave the boys' computer loft alone. Not that the girls do that much sewing anyway now, but if the boys get their own space, so should the girls.

It's certainly telling that they've been in that house for what, 5 years, and JUST NOW are getting a school room. Someone's cracking down on the educating in that house, and it sure as hell ain't Michelle.

Priorities, priorities...it's much more important to shack all your kids up into 2 gender-specific dorms than it is to have a schoolroom that is more than a bank of computers. Duh. :roll:

I didn't watch last night, and I just saw the first episode.

Michelle: How DARE she compare the loss of a spouse of over 40 years to miscarrying her precious Jubilee? That's just appalling. Not wanting to minimize the sadness of a miscarriage, but there is simply no comparison between the two.

And let's face it, she's not mourning the actual child, she's mourning the trophy child, the elusive #20. If Jubilee had gone to term she would already be passed off to a buddy by now.

As soon as I heard the somber music at the beginning, I knew we would hear about her terrible loss yet again.

Enough already! You have 19 other kids. Be thankful for what you have already.

This. I agree a miscarriage is sad, but it isn't the same as losing a spouse. Michelle has an ego and she is at the point where she believes the loss of Jubliee has made her expert on grief.

That's exactly what I thought. Honestly, it's just a way to turn the spotlight back on her.

Also, I would have loved to been hiking with the Duggars when JBob said the whole "God's carpet" thing. I would have loved to make him look like an ass... "Actually, JimBob, moss is..." and just show off. To make him look dumb. 'Cause he is...

And what I would do to be a fly on the wall in Josh's house! I would love to really know what the deal is behind the shrug of the kid's comment!! Does he not want any more kids, and the shrug was his way of not admitting it? Did he shrug because they are actually expecting, but they didn't want to announce it yet? Did he shrug because he really wants kids, but they are having a difficult trying, and he doesn't want the world to know? Or did he shrug because he flt uncomfortable talking about the bedroom life? I'm just so curious to know what is all said and done behind closed doors. I bet it's better than a soap opera... Lies, deception, and brainwashing...

ETA: 3 failed attempts to fix the Quote box. I give up

Archived