IGNORED

Christendom’s Most Eligible Bachelor: Traditional Catholic Looking for Wife Blog

Cleopatra7

8 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

I can't tell you how true this is, or if it's just slander: Apparently in the 19th century, it was common practice amongst Sicilian immigrants in NY to encourage intercourse while a woman was in labour.

For the life of me, I can't recall where I read that or how reputable the source was! All I recall is that the article went on to say that the medical profession worked hard to eradicate the practice due to the high risk of infection. That and me thinking "if anyone ever tries that with me, I'll finish childbirth in gaol".

As I said, I don't know if it's true, since I can't find my source. If it isn't, I apologise unreservedly for continuing to spread this!

My doctor told me that sometimes it could bring on labor, so if we felt like it then we had the all clear!  However, that was the last thing I thought of when I was at the end of my pregnancy.

• Upvote 3

Ina May was NOT suggesting that couples actually have intercourse while the woman is in labor.  She was merely suggesting that some physical affection during labor may help and whatever sexual expression (including intercourse) is comfortable for the pregnant woman might help bring on labor.  At the risk of TMI, it didn't help me.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 2

Contractions aren't really that painful for me until I am far into labor so I think there is a possibility I could have sex while in labor. I haven't and don't plan to do so but I think it could happen. With my son I had contractions that I could feel but that were no worse than mild menstrual pains for most of the experience. The last cm as super painful instead. My daughter's labor was an induction, it wasn't that painful either but the more severe pain started at perhaps 6-7 cm and continued longer but the last cm was not worse than the rest of the more painful ones. My worst part of labor is being in the hospital because I hate it. I would like a homebirth but I have had bleeding both times that was beyond normal and I am pretty sure a hypothetical third baby would not be considered low risk enough for me to do so. I obviously want a proper midwife to attend me if I would do it.

• Upvote 7

I heard from a friend who works in as a midwife that at some point they had a couple that wrote in their birthplan (is that an international thing?) that the man would like to perform oral sex on his wife while she was having contractions. Apparently to smoothen the birth.

I don't know if they eventually went with it but it sounds gross.

• WTF 6
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I heard from a friend who works in as a midwife that at some point they had a couple that wrote in their birthplan (is that an international thing?) that the man would like to perform oral sex on his wife while she was having contractions. Apparently to smoothen the birth.

There is a couple we discuss here, named Helena and Currowog, respectively, who caused a big stir when she used oral sex and digestion of semen to bring on the birth of the second baby of twins. How one could even focus on that after giving birth and being in labor with a second birth is beyond me. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Oh hell no! Labour has such distinctive smells and is often associated with various fluids even before your water breaks. Gross gross gross!

Intercourse involving anything going in your vagina is fine until your membranes rupture. Then you're introducing bacteria that don't need to be there and increase your risk of a very serious infection. People do it though. Not many, but definitely some. I'm a doctor who spent a lot of time doing obstetrics. I have seen some things people. :8U:

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, jozina said:

I'm a doctor who spent a lot of time doing obstetrics. I have seen some things people. :8U:

The stories that always get me are the ones where a woman shows up to her six week check-up pregnant again. I don’t have kids; never will have kids, but when I hear those I’m always like:

Spoiler

9GA9g.gif

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Have any of you caught the current season of Grey's Anatomy?  Asking because the whole issue of female orgasms as pain relief - including I believe two instances of women in labor was involved during the first part of the season through the winter hiatus.  

• Upvote 3

@CarrotCake, birth plans are, indeed, a thing.  They're supposed to be just a guide as to how you want things to proceed if everything goes smoothly.  What kind of "prep" do you want? (I don't know how things are currently, but back in 1980, typically you'd be shaved and get  full enema. The OB that delivered my last three gave me a choice about that.)  Do you want to be able to walk around in labor?  Do you want continuous or intermittent fetal monitoring?  Do you want an IV placed automatically or only if necessary?  Heparin well/lock?  Doula for labor support?  Older children allowed to watch the birth?  I'd think most every hospital would allow this now, but we used to have to get fathers in the OR written into our birth plans if we should need a c-section.  Birthing ball? Birthing tub?

With my last baby,  I was hopefully having a VBAC after three previous c-sections.  I had a good birth plan.  I walked around during most of the labor and had to be monitored only for about 10 minutes each hour.  I was not prepped. I did have a heparin lock.  I gave birth vaginally to an 8 pound girl and my mom and my third daughter who was in K-5 watched.  The kindergartner then told her afternoon K-5 class she's watched her mommy have a baby that morning.  I imagine that was the only time in that teacher's career that a kid came in with that story!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Thinking about this guy's view that a proper marriage requires sex daily, I find myself thinking that he is not only young, but very naive. He seems oblivious to the fact that as he gets older, daily may not be physically possible for him. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I just want to say that I love it that @Cleopatra7 managed to insert Jerry Lee Lewis into a spiritual discussion!

I, too, would love to read your dissertation, Cleopatra. I think it would be fascinating.

And Trad Guy? He gives me serial killer vibes, over and over. He may or may not be on the spectrum. He may or may not be a narcissist. But he sure is an asshole.

I wonder if he uses the Douay-Rheims bible. I bought one once at the behest of a friend who , one, is no longer a friend, and two, was VERY similar to Trad Man .I'd send him my copy to get it out of my house.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

I just want to say that I love it that @Cleopatra7 managed to insert Jerry Lee Lewis into a spiritual discussion!

I, too, would love to read your dissertation, Cleopatra. I think it would be fascinating.

And Trad Guy? He gives me serial killer vibes, over and over. He may or may not be on the spectrum. He may or may not be a narcissist. But he sure is an asshole.

I wonder if he uses the Douay-Rheims bible. I bought one once at the behest of a friend who , one, is no longer a friend, and two, was VERY similar to Trad Man .I'd send him my copy to get it out of my house.

Trads are almost always Douay-Rheims Only, so he probably already has one. The bookstore at the Latin Mass parish I used to attend sold a little booklet about why the D-R was the only Bible a “real Catholic” should read.

• Upvote 4

Speaking of daily sex:

A friend of mine in high school was 9 months and 3 weeks younger than her brother. No, they were not Catholic

I eavesdropped on her mother and mine once and learned that Mrs X had a tough pregnancy with my friend's older brother -  lots of bed rest and no sex.  Mr. X had obviously felt deprived and made up for lost time as soon as possible..  I heard Mrs. X say Mr. X broke her episiotomy stitches.

My friend's next sibling was 7 years younger than she was.

If Trad Man is insisting on daily sex does he mean literally every day -- as in during "Jillian's" period?

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I'll just leave this here. This lady is nutty all around, but this post... yeah.

http://subjectbydesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/unassisted-childbirth.html

:brainbleach:  dear rufus! What did I just read?! Hahaha

Among many other things in that blog, referring to oneself (in 3rd person ugh!) and your SO as "mom" and "papa" in moments of sweet fellowship is so cringey.

Edited by Crooked.Stick
Added words
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

One of my friends had two of her kids nine months apart, but the younger one was born prematurely at 6.5 months gestation.

Oh, and the daily sex thing? Jillian will NEVER have periods. Don’t be silly.

Edited by Hane
Info you need!
  • Upvote 10

14 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I'll just leave this here. This lady is nutty all around, but this post... yeah.

http://subjectbydesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/unassisted-childbirth.html

From then on, it’s pretty anticlimactic. Mom gets turned around and sits in the pool. She nurses the baby and they begin to get to know each other. For the events that happen a couple of hours later, including the hemorrhage and transport by ambulance to the hospital, Mom is writing a separate account because the birth itself was so peaceful and “normal” they seemed like two completely different events.

Yeah, because getting rushed to the emergency room is always anticlimactic.  Who could have seen that ending, with the perfect scenario of an unassisted birth at home, and quite possibly no prenatal care at all?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 15/12/2017 at 12:24 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

The stories that always get me are the ones where a woman shows up to her six week check-up pregnant again. I don’t have kids; never will have kids, but when I hear those I’m always like:

Reveal hidden contents

9GA9g.gif

Erika Shupe was like that. There’s a 10.5 month gap between her 6th and 7th kids, and she then produced #8&#9 (twins) 11 months after #7.

• Upvote 3

On 12/16/2017 at 12:50 AM, Crooked.Stick said:

:brainbleach:  dear rufus! What did I just read?! Hahaha

Hah!  Guess you were not along for the ride during the Alice's Baby blog (preg obsessed Brit mum) era.  That woman could blog effluvia and "parsnips" like you wouldn't believe. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

On 12/13/2017 at 10:34 AM, unholypoledancer said:

I am curious how he feels about the president being married to someone who was not born in this country (disclaimer: not a fan of Cheeto or Mel). He seems like someone who would be all over Cheeto, but I wonder how he would Mansplain his way out of his (Cheeto's) marriage to an immigrant? 

She's white. I'm sure the only immigrants he really hates are brown and not married to rich men. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

She's white. I'm sure the only immigrants he really hates are brown and not married to rich men. 

And Trump married Marla Maples, who's from Georgia, when Miss Maples was a practically ancient 30 years old.  As Chris Whittle taught us, that's practically charity down South, given the "folklore" of dating fourteen year old girls.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1