IGNORED

Christendom’s Most Eligible Bachelor: Traditional Catholic Looking for Wife Blog

Cleopatra7

On 11/14/2019 at 11:13 PM, mango_fandango said:

The thing is, he doesn’t make any effort to go out and meet anyone. All he does is go to church... He made a post about how most “mainstream” Catholic dating sites weren’t good enough (ie most of them were probably Novus Ordo). 

One of my early forays into the world of fundies was reading dating profiles on Ave Maria Singles back when everything was public. Nearly all of those people exclusively attended Latin mass, were ardently anti-abortion, didn't believe in birth control, and prayed the rosary every day. Many of the women head covered in church and even lived at home until marriage.

I don't know why that site doesn't work for him. There are also people who are that conservative on Catholic Match. They are a minority, but they're there. Just make it clear what you're looking for in your profile. There's also plenty of conservative Catholic young adults groups via churches and MeetUp in my area. I don't know why I, as a agnostic feminist, have stumbled across all of these options and he hasn't.  

Quoting his dumb website post: "Fast forward three decades later, you can't go to medical school if you're pro-life. Practically most of the newer doctors are uber-liberal Democrats"

Uh...the only two practicing MDs I personally know are both religious conservatives and I know for a fact one of them is against abortion of a viable pregnancy in all circumstances and refuses to perform them. Try again, dude. 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 2

On 11/15/2019 at 3:34 AM, hoipolloi said:

Given his prejudices, he's probably incapable of having  a positive relationship with any woman who doesn't meet his ideal. 

I believe even a relationship with a perfect Jillian wouldn’t work out. It’s just an idea he has in his mind, but I don’t think he’s able to connect with any human being in real life. All his relationships (with his family and friends/acquaintances) seem to be strained. That might not all be his fault, but I’m sure part of it is due to his distorted perception of himself, others, and the world around him. 

24 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

One of my early forays into the world of fundies was reading dating profiles on Ave Maria Singles back when everything was public. Nearly all of those people exclusively attended Latin mass, were ardently anti-abortion, didn't believe in birth control, and prayed the rosary every day. Many of the women head covered in church and even lived at home until marriage.

I don't know why that site doesn't work for him. There are also people who are that conservative on Catholic Match. They are a minority, but they're there. Just make it clear what you're looking for in your profile. There's also plenty of conservative Catholic young adults groups via churches and MeetUp in my area.

Because he longs for a wife and children, but doesn’t have the social skills and emotional equipment to be in a lasting relationship. Other people who are just as conservative as him don’t need a decade and a website to find a partner. 

• Upvote 5

On 11/12/2019 at 7:30 PM, mango_fandango said:

Oh God, this dude.

What I really want to know is...

Is this woman called Jillian??

Great minds think alike.  I said exactly the same thing on another thread. :)

On 11/12/2019 at 7:52 PM, mango_fandango said:

Another thought: so he hasn’t had a paid job in ten years. How on Earth is he surviving day to day without regular income? He sounds like the type who’d be opposed to state handouts. Is he living on his own? Or what?

IIRC, he is on disability and in some kind of sheltered housing.  Hard to see how he could survive otherwise.  He also claims to be a Freelance Logo and Image Designer on CafePress.  His logos are pretty dreadful.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:46 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I do recall a very sad rendering of his dream home that left quite a bit to be desired.

It was a two story house with a basement and he forgot the stairs!  

42 minutes ago, peggyolson said:

Why are we sure this guy isn't a troll? I just can't get over the banner on top of the page!!!!

Nope, I think he is very real.  He's not exactly secretive about his identity.  He's obviously got some serious mental and possibly physical disabilities.  His blog is a way of writing out and communicating his delusions.  He's not making stuff up to troll for attention.  IMO.

I really hope he is not dangerous.  I'd say probably he is not.  He's been wandering around Worcester, MA pining for Jillian for years with no arrest record, at least.  But he does seem to have shut down his blog and removed his intro video after this latest effusion about the mystery famous Republican politician's daughter.  Perhaps someone got worried about him and called the police.  Mind you, if she's not in the same town she's probably safe.  He can't drive, and he whines about not being able to go anywhere (even Trad Mass!) unless someone he knows gives him a free ride.  I doubt he has the energy for public transport or even Uber.  He'd probably rather sit around and perseverate about his new love.

His youtube channel is still there; it's rather scary that he has over 700 subs.  I wonder if they are mocking him or agree with him and think he is the next Pope Michael (but in search of a wife).  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bawden

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

He would primary the President as a serious challenger? Yeah, “serious” in his opinion only. That entire post was about how America was going to hell in a handcart because few people have the same beliefs as him, so in a broader sense he wouldn’t be a serious challenger because so few would vote for him. Many of the religious right, and nearly all the fundies we discuss on here, wouldn’t vote for him purely because he is Catholic, which in their eyes isn’t really being Christian. (Obviously I’m speaking from a fundie POV and not my own!!) 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

With that 'last' post about his crush, I really started to get worried. His mentality is just so Elliott Rodger (I read his 'manifesto'). I wish we knew the girl he is talking about!!!

• I Agree 1

• 2 years later...

He has posted infrequently but apocalyptically   lately. The end is near and his martyrdom is approaching because Satan, Covid, commies etc.

Spoiler

Monday, December 20, 2021

The longer I stay in NE, the more likelihood to face Martyrdom

Yes, the end is near. 

The events of the last two years do certainly predict it. 

The seeds were planted a long time ago when nobody was watching, decades later they’ve now blossomed. 

Boston, the once “Athens of America” and the “Cradle of Liberty,” is now fully Communist. 

The end of the world is near because the Latin mass was restricted.

Finally the world fell apart because the lead singer of Boston died in 2007

Spoiler

The world fell apart because of the premature death of Brad Delp

Back on March 9, 2007, to everyone’s shock, the world suddenly heard the very sad news of the suicide of the best rock singer ever, Mr. Brad Delp. 

He also posted about the Capitol violence and the elections.

Spoiler

kuva.png.ca7f26656c0c30ee7807ce829ffee36e.png

• WTF 2

On 11/26/2017 at 8:16 PM, fundiefun said:

That video yeah I think he may be a little slow or off he talks in such a flat tone. He reminds me of a Catholic guy I know who is very socially delayed and seems clueless to how normal young adults function. I wonder if he has some kind of mental or developmental delay and that is why he is not employed and reads off for someone his age.

A bit on the spectrum?