• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

refugee
On 1/13/2018 at 9:57 AM, Palimpsest said:

I'd rather not take a trip down the Ministry Watchman memory lane, thanks.  I went down that rabbit hole a few years ago, and am still scrubbing off the manure.

Bottom line, I don't find the Ministry Watchman a credible source for information on Ligonier.  Others may differ.

"Frank Vance" is a pseudonym, and the Ministry Watchman AKAFrank Vance, mounted a huge attack against Ligonier Ministries (and Sprouls Jr. and Sr.) for years back in the 2000s.  He also slammed Doug Phillips as a sideline (and supported Jen and Mark Epstein) and isn't keen at all on Kevin Swanson or Doug Wilson.  

That all sounds good.  Until you dive a little further into the murk and discover why he is attacking them.  Matt Chauncy called out Vance as a Kinist, and this may be an occasion when a stopped clock is right twice a day.

It seems to be jealousy.  All the above were more "successful" than Vance, and he thinks they are too damn liberal and not white supremacist enough.  

Vance MAY be Peter Kershaw (AKA TW Eston on Jen's Gems.)  They were both associated with a vile and now defunct site called "Little Geneva."  As in Geneva Bible.  Peter Kershaw wrote a book called "In Caesar's Grip," much admired by Kent Hovind.  He's this guy http://www.hushmoney.org/

So make up your own minds.

Every time I hear the term “kinist” it rhymes in my brain with “kine” — Which is Old Testament for swine? (They’re all pigs...?) Or maybe it’s cattle. In any event, it reminds me of some video I saw about a guy who had an affair with a sheep.

Sorry for the side-track. I was thinking “Kershaw” as I was reading but I don’t remember where that connection came from. Maybe even here on FJ.

Palimpsest
10 minutes ago, refugee said:

Every time I hear the term “kinist” it rhymes in my brain with “kine”

I'm afraid it rhymes with "skin."  Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinism

Kershaw (who may be Vance) and that ilk have a beef because regular ugly Christian Reconstructionist Dominionist beliefs are not racist enough for them.  To whit, they consort with Voddies and actually are Ok with adopting children of color.

It gets very ugly.

DomWackTroll
26 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Kershaw (who may be Vance) and that ilk have a beef because regular ugly Christian Reconstructionist Dominionist beliefs are not racist enough for them.  To whit, they consort with Voddies and actually are Ok with adopting children of color.

Seriously; if Doug Phillips and RC Sproul Jr. are "too liberal" for you, please check into a mental health facility. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Seahorse Wrangler
4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Kershaw (who may be Vance)

I was hoping for Nick

Spoiler

Howl
On 1/12/2018 at 8:21 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Agreed, but everywhere she went, she went "under her husband's umbrella of protection." It almost seems bizarre that she would now take such risks, and then post about to her friends, many of whom still have the same VF beliefs they always did.

Yes, and isn't this just the biggest elephant in the corner of the living room in the snug little Durango Victorian?    

Palimpsest
21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

According to this link they don't remember who chose meatball or why they really chose it. 

And are unaware that it might have negative connotations. :whistle:

Quinquagenarian

So over on the FJ Thread about the positively Netherworld Torturing Turpins  @Nollybear deftly observed on the Monster Turpins' facebook page they had a "Like" or "Follow" for Vision Forum. I do wish someone who is connected to the VF FB page or associated/connected social media accounts would query something like:

"Isn't it heartbreaking to see the Turpins have followed Vision Forum and indicated their affinity for such destructive worldviews."

Marian the Librarian

The "(After) Vision Forum" Facebook page has been updated again. Whoever is manning/womaning it these days is seeking responses to the government shutdown:

Your Opinion on the Government Shut Down? 
Today marks the thirteenth government shutdown since 1981. Here is what things look like: Congress failed to approve a federal budget for the upcoming fiscal year. This means nonessential functions of the U.S. government close until lawmakers can agree on a budget. Practically - The postal service continues; Social Security checks are paid; Congress gets paid; Military must work, but their pay status is in question; Vets may not receive checks; Government agencies are closed; All national parks are closed. Millions of tax payer money will not be spent. No passports or visas offered during this time. Just under a million government workers may be furloughed. How bad is this? Really bad? Or not so much? Is it a good thing? What is your opinion?

One wonders what's really going on there...tentative moves toward some sort of comeback, perchance?

hoipolloi
3 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

One wonders what's really going on there...tentative moves toward some sort of comeback, perchance?

And who is the intended audience?

Unless comments are being edited, looks like a bunch of VF leg-humpers are the only ones there.