IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

35 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Yes! I saw Think Progress had reported the same thing. 

I cannot believe a man affiliated with all of this *gestures at Doug Phillips, fundamentalism in general* might become a US Senator. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, joyfulmomto3 said:

2046F3A1-0EF3-4CE8-B059-A4EDEF791850.jpeg

In which Dougie's eyes yell, "Please don't take this picture. Please don't take this picture. But heck, yeah, I'm here and loving it...but please don't take this picture." 

Definitely no longer has the smug patriarchal look on his face...

Hope someone tracks down Monsieur Bon Vivant for an interview. His ego would certainly say yes and we'd get insight into what's going on in his creepy little mind. 

Updates on Beall's blog (https://beallsblog.com), and public Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/myfirstyearat50/).

Picture caption from the blog, bolding mine:

So, I know it's a little blurry, but it took ten tries to get one this clear, and I had to have a record of my big day! It was just the four of us... Our family of 11 (with Josh newly married) was in three countries and three states... and we four were in Georgia with the most wonderful 90+ year olds. Company like that gives a girl perspective on her 50th birthday!

"Just the four of us" = Beall and three kids, no Doug in sight.

From IG, bolding again mine:

An epic moment for me… I was always very choosy about who babysat for me. My children are my treasures, and I would only trust them -even for a couple of hours- to friends that I believed with all my heart had the character and integrity to watch over them as I would.

Uh-huh...guess that didn't apply to the teenage nanny...

I really haven't been paying enough attention.  I just noticed Beall changed the description on the blog.  She's no longer "wife to a visionary."

Mother of eight,  and an ordinary woman who has experienced the good, the bad, and the ugly in people of faith, but is choosing hope over defeat, and compassion over hate.

It's like Beall's is taking these tiny baby steps to their separation. It's not just some big announcement and severing of the relationship. It's like a little step here, a little step there. It's interesting to watch. 

Inching towards the truth. “Estranged wife of a globe-trotting philandering man with delusions of cinematography who dabbles in sexual assault.”

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I really haven't been paying enough attention.  I just noticed Beall changed the description on the blog.  She's no longer "wife to a visionary."

If this really does reflect a moving away from Doug, good for her.  Sometimes, it can take time and lots of incremental steps to significantly change your life.  

I truly hope that someday she gets to a place where she recognizes how her actions have hurt others.  I also truly hope she recognizes that she deserves a husband who treats her with respect and honour, not as Doug has publicly treated her.  

On the subject of DPIAT's faith status:
Looking at his About page on FB ( https://www.facebook.com/MM.cinematographer/about?lst=100001679419838%3A100009980410374%3A1513026234 ) he has listed a very fascinating spiritual group as a belonging to that seems as far away from being a fundie as possible. And to turn up the creeper level, he also left a great review for a photographer at a convention.

Spoiler

DPIAT1.JPG.bd4effe2032f5cd2febe8efcdde49d80.JPG

Do you mean Shakti Shiva?

1 hour ago, CamoSpartan322 said:

he has listed a very fascinating spiritual group as a belonging to that seems as far away from being a fundie as possible.

I noticed there is at least one member from Durango.

Yeah. Considering the exclusivity he preached and practiced with VF and NCFIC, it makes me wonder he much of it he genuinely believed. Or whether he was just doing it for the control and power it gave him over others.

1 hour ago, CamoSpartan322 said:

Yeah. Considering the exclusivity he preached and practiced with VF and NCFIC, it makes me wonder he much of it he genuinely believed. Or whether he was just doing it for the control and power it gave him over others.

Bingo.

Turning up the creeper level, indeed. Ms. Levy is another young, attractive brunette, and she's added "DW Winters" to her FB friends list. Someone really ought to warn her.

"Nocked (sic) my socks off," indeed. Bastard.

:pb_evil:

18 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Bingo.

Turning up the creeper level, indeed. Ms. Levy is another young, attractive brunette, and she's added "DW Winters" to her FB friends list. Someone really ought to warn her.

"Nocked (sic) my socks off," indeed. Bastard.

:pb_evil:

Here's her photography website. Spooky how much she looks like Lourdes. At least she's an actual adult.

http://www.mayphotogallery.com/

10 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Here's her photography website. Spooky how much she looks like Lourdes. At least she's an actual adult.

http://www.mayphotogallery.com/

Oh boy does he ever have a type.  It's amazing that the only woman in his life that doesn't fit that type is his wife.  I really have my doubts that theirs was ever a love marriage, at least not on his end.  He seems to have picked Beall like one selects a literal brood mare, based on pedigree, profitability, and obedience alone.

Beall was a brunette when she was younger, and very pretty, so she was definitely in Doug's wheelhouse back when they married.

I do find it amusing that after Doug's fall from grace, she spent a few years going progressively blonder and blonder :pb_lol:

Beall Phillips.jpg

I'm trying to put my finger on something here, so bear with me.  Like many, most, all of the patriarchal jackwagons, Doug had his ego needs met through patriarchy, so yes, he definitely believed in it, because why wouldn't he? It ticked all the boxes for his ego needs/narcissistic supply.  

He had power, respect, fame and fortune in that milieu, but it's not an environment that fosters introspection or emotional growth or self control, or invites one to be better, kinder or more thoughtful person.  

And as we've seen time after time with these "types", self control is inverse to external control.   So anyway, here we are.  Doug has turned himself loose and is out in the world, with, in some ways, zero real life experience, no self awareness and little self control. He's a no-holds-barred  thirteen-year-old theater groupie in a forty-something-year-old body -- and no awareness for how he's damaging his wife and family emotionally or financially while he's indulging his DW Winters Cinematographer persona.

It's hard to imagine things being worse than the wringer he put them all through with the exposure of his criminal sexual activity and the subsequent implosion of VF.  But this slow motion train wreck....I will say that I think Beall deeply loves her children, will stay strong for them and is and will be the real center for the family.  If she models strength in adversity, it can really help her children, especially the younger ones, cope with coming to terms with who their father is. 

Ironically, it may be that her faith (and not the FIC/patriarchy bullshit) becomes stronger in a real sense  and a real church community is what pulls her through.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that she seems to exhibit potential for personal growth that is absent in Doug. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

forty-something-year-old body --

NOT a big deal but he's 52 or 53.

@Howl I agree wholeheartedly.  It's a real puzzle- the chaos that is their life.  She drives thousands of miles with the children sans any husband support (I guess he's funding or his criminal misdeeds/fleecing funds them) but then she stays in hotels and all for some sort of non-job that Operation Cheatball Girls pursue to who-knows-what-end.  DPIABRT recently posted a yawn inducing clip of his filmwork on yet again some sort of WW2 paean of the Battle of the Bulge.  He thanked half a dozen Euro actors/participants--many of whom were Dutch.  Upon review, many of these people include Liberty and Jubilee in their friend groups. ??? So the older girls seem to be at least orbiting in some of the same film-wannabe circles as "the father." And there were the photos of the wedding and Thanksgiving where DPIABRT and Beall were coexisting peacefully at least for a photo op.  But as has been wisely observed here, she has removed "Wife to Visionary" from her IG description and she never mentions him (nor do Cheatballers) and he clearly didn't give a rat's ass about her 50th that she spent in some suburb of Atlanta at a Veteran's convention and which she anticipated for a bloody year.  All that to say, the older ones seem to run far. when they can  Liberty appears to keep it in San Antonio when she is not Gofunding running races for herself or attending veterans affairs. And again folks remember these people are very busy homeschooling their younger children in the midst of all this chaos.

Operation Meatball.   It's not a career or a bankable skill, ladies.   Sadly, the Phillips "young ladies" do not seem to be developing careers, bankable skills or anything capable of providing support for themselves (or their mothers) and this is very concerning.  Gadding about the US doing cosplay is fun; when you've never had to do it, transitioning to a structured 40-hour work week is less fun. 

That said, I do think their homeschooling has been adequate to get some type of job. 

On 12/12/2017 at 10:00 PM, AnnaSofia said:

Beall was a brunette when she was younger, and very pretty, so she was definitely in Doug's wheelhouse back when they married.

I do find it amusing that after Doug's fall from grace, she spent a few years going progressively blonder and blonder :pb_lol:

Beall Phillips.jpg

Beall was a stunning young woman (and I think she still looks great).  It honestly makes me wonder what led her to Doug because she must've had plenty of other admirers, and in his youth Doug was quite childish and effeminate-looking - hardly the image you conjure up when you think "masculine leader."  

Other than Beall's paler skin tone and curly hair in this pic, she looks remarkably similar to Lourdes.  They have a very similar face shape, smile, and hair colour.  

Yeah, I've long wondered what the attraction to Doug was. She did mention being a "Lifelong member of Weight Watchers since age 16" or something like that, so perhaps she had low self esteem. Predators like Dougie sniff out vulnerability (emotional or otherwise) like blood in the water.

And speaking of Operation Meatball, Doug posted "Snowy December in Belgium. Eva Sings for Battle of Bulge Anniversary" on his vimeo. Does anyone know if it was made this year? It was posted the week before the actual anniversary, and there's no indication any of the other girls were there, or mention of it on the Operation Meatball site/Facebook page.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived