IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread

samurai_sarah

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Howl said:

Whoa! Holy chest hair and some serious muscle definition on the left. Buff! 

This is why I think there have been women who like these guys.....until they learn of the penguins, and Legos, and the parents keep them "safe at home", the fact that the older brothers haven't left home, etc.  The overall weirdness has to have scared them off albeit with some sadness over how someone so cute can be so weird.

There is also the more likely question of whether a manboy doesn't respond to any interest because he doesn't know how.

I think --

1) they don't know how to respond to women, because Rick 'n Cathy have kept them ignorant of that, to "keep them safe"

2) don't even notice that a girl is flirting or expressing interest because see #1 and

3) seem completely uninterested in women because ... well ... see #1

It's probable that the man-boys come off at best as weird, odd, and socially awkward and not in an endearing way. Or as completely asexual. Or they are pinging people's gaydar.

Absolutely not saying any of them are gay or anything about them at all.  It's just that cute, single, never married, never dated, live at home men in their mid-30s make people go "hhmmmm. ....... maybe he's not attracted to women."

6 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

This is why I think there have been women who like these guys.....until they learn of the penguins, and Legos, and the parents keep them "safe at home", the fact that the older brothers haven't left home, etc.  The overall weirdness has to have scared them off albeit with some sadness over how someone so cute can be so weird.

There is also the more likely question of whether a manboy doesn't respond to any interest because he doesn't know how.

You know, I hadn't thought of this. If a woman meets one of these men and learns that not only does he still lives at home, so do all his siblings...Well, there's a red flag. I'd think most normal people would ask questions about that, and, upon learning about being "safe at home" they'd run for the hills. Throw in the rest of the Arndt lifestyle--the penguins, the endless filming of  Vine Valley, Legos, the family only church, the car rides with Rick pontificating, birthdays in the parents' bedroom, the white shorts, etc.-and it is easy to figure out why no one is married. 

Although, to be fair, the manboys did put away the Legos because they "didn't have time" to devote to the building of large structures. Not because they were adults, but for lack of time. Probably because they could still play with penguins and they take up less space...

33 minutes ago, Letgo said:

Although, to be fair, the manboys did put away the Legos because they "didn't have time" to devote to the building of large structures. Not because they were adults, but for lack of time. Probably because they could still play with penguins and they take up less space...

I can't imagine winter nights for 30-something Arndt boys at home.  No more softball games to take up entire evenings.  No dates.  No Friday night beers with the guys. They've probably each seen It's a Wonderful Life" dozens of times.   

I think I'd break out the Legos (more precisely the K'Nexs) too.

I don't understand that grown men with their own smartphones and laptops haven't figured out that they're being kept on a slave compound all their lives, haven't read this thread, and haven't watched the kind of content that would make them crave the affection of a real, live woman. 

Seriously. 

Does Rick turn off the wifi and confiscate phones after work is done?

4 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I don't understand that grown men with their own smartphones and laptops haven't figured out that they're being kept on a slave compound all their lives, haven't read this thread, and haven't watched the kind of content that would make them crave the affection of a real, live woman. 

Seriously. 

Does Rick turn off the wifi and confiscate phones after work is done?

They do read here. Hi Ricky and Stevie!

A few years ago one of us wanted to know what Caths SOTDRT looked like and within minutes one of the man boys posted a pic of the dinning room table on their old Lego blog.

8 hours ago, johnhugh said:

A few years ago one of us wanted to know what Caths SOTDRT looked like and within minutes one of the man boys posted a pic of the dinning room table on their old Lego blog.

My favorite was the time they posted a picture of Wizzie, who was in her mid-late teens at the time, without indicating that it was an old photo taken when she was about 12. Posters here commented about how incredibly immature she looked for her age and within minutes one manboy swooped into their blog and chastised the brother who posted it for not making it clear the photo was old.

I do miss those walkie-talkie style blog days......Over to you, Mark!

All the boys seem WAY too overprotective of Wizz. I feel sorry for any guy who tries to court her. 15 pairs of eyes would be watching him at all times. 

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All the boys seem WAY too overprotective of Wizz. I feel sorry for any guy who tries to court her. 15 pairs of eyes would be watching him at all times. 

Nobody is going to be allowed to court her cause no man is going to perfectly match Rick's particular brand of crazy. And any that might come close is going to be put off by the short shorts.

• 2 weeks later...

I was flipping through the on-screen program guide and noticed that National Geographic Wild is showing "Building Penguin Paradise" and "A Penguin's Life". I couldn't help myself, the first thing I thought was that the Arndt manboys would be so excited to watch both shows.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:05 PM, johnhugh said:

Well, ratz. You'd think one of them  or collectively all of the older ones would want to create an account on FJ to set the record straight. Or perhaps there's nothing to straighten.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Fam's been quiet lately.  Website down (but due back any month now), no new videos on YouTube and just the occasional FB post, the latest a link explaining why it's good and holy to vote for a child molester in Alabama.  

But just when you start wondering if the Arndts are "tossing in the washcloth" for good and shutting down production on the extravaganza they've been working on for nearly all of the past decade, up pops Rick to remind us that no, he will never pull the plug on Vine Valley.  

Spoiler

23905697_1591866797522935_84342645376402

On 10/26/2017 at 12:52 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

I was flipping through the on-screen program guide and noticed that National Geographic Wild is showing "Building Penguin Paradise" and "A Penguin's Life". I couldn't help myself, the first thing I thought was that the Arndt manboys would be so excited to watch both shows.

Don't forget the book "And Tango Makes Three". Help us spread the gay penguin agenda

On 10/16/2017 at 11:13 AM, Letgo said:

I'd actually prefer they put away the stuffed toys and get back into Legos. Plenty of adults, male and female, are into Legos in a big way. Okay, they do pretty much tend to be engineers, but still. . . .it's not necessarily childish or even weird.

17 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

The Fam's been quiet lately.  Website down (but due back any month now), no new videos on YouTube and just the occasional FB post, the latest a link explaining why it's good and holy to vote for a child molester in Alabama.  

But just when you start wondering if the Arndts are "tossing in the washcloth" for good and shutting down production on the extravaganza they've been working on for nearly all of the past decade, up pops Rick to remind us that no, he will never pull the plug on Vine Valley.  

Hide contents

23905697_1591866797522935_84342645376402

Is that Rick doing (gasp!) actual work, or one of the chidults?

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is that Rick doing (gasp!) actual work, or one of the chidults?

Yes, but we need to  keep in mind that Vine Valley is the ONLY thing he will ever work on.

6 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Yes, but we need to  keep in mind that Vine Valley is the ONLY thing he will ever work on.

Because it will NEVER be finished. 

25 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Because it will NEVER be finished. 

It can't finish.  The only alternative would be to move somewhere where the elderly boys can be required to play softball year-round. And those places probably have too many gays or brown people or *gasp* Democrats for Rick's liking.  No, it must be softball in the spring and summer, Vine Valley filming in the winter and Vine Valley editing in the autumn. Every year for the rest of their lives.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived