IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

I feel sorry for the kids in this situation. Imagine coming home to no food and Dad is just sitting there puffing away. There is no shame in seeking help be it from family or non family sources. Many churches have food banks, many charities are faith based, and I have worked with numerous charities in the Charlotte, NC area for years. These things are designed to help people so that way they can break the cycle of poverty, be it via providing food, clothing, bill paying assistance, et cetera. The Fundies are so selfish in how they won't help anyone or let anyone else help them.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's post is bragging about how great it is to be a submissive wife.  I mean sure, sometimes you have to prioritize your husband's "chew" habit over feeding your kids, but really, it's loads of fun!

One woman from the chat room wrote that her husband likes submission because:

He also said he is enjoying that I am teaching this to our daughter as well; that we need to take care of dad, and be happy to see him.”

No honey.  It's not your daughter's responsibility to take care of her father.  He's the parent.  It's his responsibility to take care of her.

Another reader wrote:

“Mine says he doesn’t believe it yet…(looks like he needs some time…I only asked for his forgiveness for my rebellious, disrespectful, unsubmissive behavior a few months ago, at which point he said he can’t forgive me, because I couldn’t change the past). 

He sounds charming.  Catering to his every whim will definitely fix him.

Lori concludes:

Some men have responded on my blog that they don’t want submissive wives. They don’t know what they are missing!

We'll Lori would be the one to tell them!  Not that she teaches men...except of course, she does.

I guess Lori and Ken are just going to ignore the husband's declaration that he can't forgive his wife?  That statement shows that he is not a Godly leader in his home. 

25 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I guess Lori and Ken are just going to ignore the husband's declaration that he can't forgive his wife?  That statement shows that he is not a Godly leader in his home. 

Now, you know that Lori can't address that because she doesn't teach men!  

Anyway, that wife obviously isn't submissive enough, because everyone knows that submission done right will eradicate your man's anger issues, selfishness and general sense of entitlement, not to mention curing addiction, mental illness, and a range of personality disorders.

Also, if it takes 50 years of silently submitting to abuse before you see any change, that's okay! You aren't meant to be happy on this earth anyway. And/or you are suffering for the Lord, and that should fill you with joy! So your husband being a jerk is either a blessing that you aren't godly enough to embrace, or maybe you never submitted properly to begin with. 

Okay, Lori is getting confused and Ken can't help bc he is fishing--bottom line, it's always the woman's fault, and please stop asking questions! Blessings to you!

She just posted a picture of someone's house on Instagram...

She has NO CLUE why the house is in that condition.  Just wow.  She has no limits.

Maggie wrote: “My husband would say that he gets to eat dinner at home. Years back I never considered starting dinner until after he arrived, then he would eat dinner at his mom’s every night before he came home and I’d be livid. It put a wedge between my MIL and him and me. Now that I know my role, he comes home to a hot meal and he doesn’t take it for granted.”

How long did this go on? Weeks, months, years? All three of them are guilty, in my view.

WIFE: After his second meal at his mom's, you should have seen that the situation needed to be addressed, instead of letting it go on longer and being livid daily.

HUSBAND: Talk with your wife about your expectations and her expectations. Work it out instead of running to your mother repeatedly.

MIL: Tell your son to discuss the matter with his wife. Even if you don't like his wife, the situation won't improve by coddling him.

Is that what her little verse to that house is trying to say? Wow! I bet she thinks some woman with a career lives there and is neglecting her home. Crafting this whole story in her head. 

8 hours ago, CancerBomb said:

I feel sorry for the kids in this situation. Imagine coming home to no food and Dad is just sitting there puffing away. There is no shame in seeking help be it from family or non family sources. Many churches have food banks, many charities are faith based, and I have worked with numerous charities in the Charlotte, NC area for years. These things are designed to help people so that way they can break the cycle of poverty, be it via providing food, clothing, bill paying assistance, et cetera. The Fundies are so selfish in how they won't help anyone or let anyone else help them.

I was borderline food insecure growing up.  My father was a steel worker who would be laid off for long periods of time and when that happened he could not find work and we were poor; but because my mother accepted help, we were always fed.  We gardened and canned.  We had food stamps.  We stood in line for government cheese.  Like Eowyn, we ate a LOT of real mac & cheese (we thought the boxed stuff was for rich kids).  

I never really connected this before this thread - but I associate being able to work with having enough food.  So when I have friends and relatives who are sick/hospitalized, I don't send flowers,  I send grocery gift cards because I get worried about them having enough money for food.

I'm experiencing my quarterly "maybe reading Lori won't be so toxic for me this time" phase. I find it weirdly comforting that other people find her so toxic that they have to take a break from her. In case newer-to-Lori posters don't know, Lori Alexander almost ruined my marriage and my life. I followed her advice to the brink of divorce and would be divorced right now if I hadn't snapped out of it. I wrote a review about her book (because I've been banned from her blog and FB), bearing my soul to Lori, and she responded in the most heinous, cruel way a person could. Anyways, I've caught up on three Lori threads today and I'm ready to go back to ignoring her. I just wanted to stop by and remind everyone that this woman is a dangerous, evil monster. 

7 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

How long did this go on? Weeks, months, years? All three of them are guilty, in my view.

WIFE: After his second meal at his mom's, you should have seen that the situation needed to be addressed, instead of letting it go on longer and being livid daily.

HUSBAND: Talk with your wife about your expectations and her expectations. Work it out instead of running to your mother repeatedly.

MIL: Tell your son to discuss the matter with his wife. Even if you don't like his wife, the situation won't improve by coddling him.

This made me laugh - my brother's ex-wife would make him a very healthy equivalent of a big salad every night for dinner,  he worked a full time very physical job and then farmed.  Big salad wouldn't cut it.   But he ate it and then 'went to check on grandma'  who had meat and potatoes and veggies and bread for him.   He said he considered dinner with wife his appetizer.   She still doesn't have food in the house.  She sees no need.  His current wife is  a great cook.    Hadn't thought about that for a while.   :)  

7 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I'm experiencing my quarterly "maybe reading Lori won't be so toxic for me this time" phase. I find it weirdly comforting that other people find her so toxic that they have to take a break from her. In case newer-to-Lori posters don't know, Lori Alexander almost ruined my marriage and my life. I followed her advice to the brink of divorce and would be divorced right now if I hadn't snapped out of it. I wrote a review about her book (because I've been banned from her blog and FB), bearing my soul to Lori, and she responded in the most heinous, cruel way a person could. Anyways, I've caught up on three Lori threads today and I'm ready to go back to ignoring her. I just wanted to stop by and remind everyone that this woman is a dangerous, evil monster. 

I missed all the Amazon review fun. I joined after all that. Bummer. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I bet she thinks some woman with a career lives there and is neglecting her home. Crafting this whole story in her head. 

Yep.  She's coasting into week 7 of The Never Ending Vacation, so maybe she's getting bored? She's already taken pictures AND videos of the church members.  She's already "snuck" pictures of celebrities.  Nothing left to do, but ride around town, eat at the restaurants, and shame people for their homes.  

Of course, an elderly person may live there...or a person with an illness that prevents them from doing yard work like Queen Lori does (scathing sarcasm).  The fact is, Lori has no idea what led to that.  Not one clue.  

The only thing that picture really shows, is that Lori is heartless, shameless, and classless.

Here in the south, when someone is struggling like that, you might offer to help out.  If it's out of pure carelessness (no good reason), you might even report it to the city.  You DON'T take a picture and shame them on social media...unless you want people to think of you as trashy...

Just now, EowynW said:

I missed all the Amazon review fun. I joined after all that. Bummer. 

She told me I was a liar and a detractor. I didn't slam Lori, I didn't call her names. I just told her how following her advice happened in my life. 

She's a guest in Door County, but she's waltzed in there like she owns the place.

2 minutes ago, jerkit said:

She told me I was a liar and a detractor. I didn't slam Lori, I didn't call her names. I just told her how following her advice happened in my life. 

You got away from her toxic advice, and that's all that matters :changing_color_heart:

And don't feel bad about needing a break from her.  There are days that her posts make me very distrusting of other people.  I think sometimes I forget what cruelties people are capable of...

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

And don't feel bad about needing a break from her.  There are days that her posts make me very distrusting of other people.  I think sometimes I forget what cruelties people are capable of...

I've shared a little bit of this before, but spending a lot of time reading Lori causes me to have an internal dialogue with "her" throughout my day. I don't understand how a blogger can get so far under people's skin like that. 

25 minutes ago, Koala said:

She just posted a picture of someone's house on Instagram...

She has NO CLUE why the house is in that condition.  Just wow.  She has no limits.

Just a couple weeks ago she posted this:

5989e6546a84b_bullshit2.jpg.5fa70c3b41a13b5186fa67c888b83ee8.jpg

She demonstrates (again) with the picture of the run-down house that she hasn't a fucking CLUE what this means. Who does Lori think of more highly than herself? Debi Pearl? Michelle Duggar, maybe? It's a very short list.

35 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Maggie wrote: “My husband would say that he gets to eat dinner at home. Years back I never considered starting dinner until after he arrived, then he would eat dinner at his mom’s every night before he came home and I’d be livid. It put a wedge between my MIL and him and me. Now that I know my role, he comes home to a hot meal and he doesn’t take it for granted.”

This is particularly humorous in light of the fact that Lori's own husband never came home to a cooked meal but instead had to feed himself for years (and possibly still does) because Lori only made big salads for herself and the kids. And then, he had to share his meals with the kids, who were still hungry after their nightly salads. 

I guess Lori wasn't livid about that, though, because less work for her! 

That said, I agree with @BlackSheep that every person in that story comes out badly. They all need a good stiff dose of "grow the F up already." Good grief.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:40 AM, EowynW said:

Fermented sourdough is supppsed to be better for you, especially for people like me who are gluten sensitive and cannot have traditional bread. The fermenting breaks down much of the gluten. I've always wanted to try some but can't afford to eat at such places and don't have the time to try to start and mess with it right now. 

Fermentation also eats up the polysaccharides in wheat and rye, which are what give the miseries to lots of us, who aren't gluten-intolerant. We recently switched up our house sandwich bread from a simple crushed wheat sourdough to a yeasted multi-grain, multi-ingredient one, and I'm back to spending more time on the . . .oh, never mind. You know where I am.

14 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I've shared a little bit of this before, but spending a lot of time reading Lori causes me to have an internal dialogue with "her" throughout my day. I don't understand how a blogger can get so far under people's skin like that. 

Me, too! I thought by venting my anger I'd release it and feel better - I did not. I was in an almost constant state of rage. Ignoring her was the only way to stop it. But here I am again - trying to not let her get to me.  

On 8/7/2017 at 9:28 AM, polecat said:

Oh, and Lori, a frugal homemaker would make her OWN pizzas. My kids love pizza night because they each get their own mini pizzas with their favorite toppings. HA.

Even not-so-frugal homemakers make our own pizza. It's just so good! And you get to have fun with the kinds of toppings that you could only find at hipsterish pizza places, or just clean out the refrigerator. 

I can't bear to read her blog but maybe I could take her Instagram posts in small doses. What's her name there?

Is anybody getting screenshots of the IG post?  I think she is deleting comments. I missed the first one, now deleted, but another "dissenting" one has poppped up. I grabbed a shot of that one. 

6 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Is anybody getting screenshots of the IG post?  I think she is deleting comments. 

She's been doing that lately.  She leaves her responses, and takes down the reader's comment. Drives me nuts.

27 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

maybe I could take her Instagram posts in small doses. What's her name there?

https://www.instagram.com/thetransformedwife/

Gack, that instagram. Yet another example of Lori's complete inability to critically think or consider that other people have realities that are different from hers. There are many scenarios I'd consider before "lazy" jumps into my head: the homeowner is elderly, the homeowner is disabled, the homeowner is renting and being taken advantage of by a crappy landlord. Damn.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived