IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates - Part 3

samurai_sarah

Whitney's hair is shoulder length in the most recent Instagram post.  I haven't seen a Bates or Duggar female with shorter hair. It looks really pretty.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only is Whitney into fashion, she seems to be big on designer labels. If she is thrifting, she should totally give tutorials on how to shop fashionably conscious while on a budget.

With that said, have WhitZach specifically said they thrift? I don't recall. If not, then I see no problem with buying by brand. Their parent's lives are not their lives. 

To the comment about black Southerners and the confederate flag, hooks etc, they are a small group not representative of the whole or the majority. There were slaves who didn't want slavery to end. There were poc who were against desegregation. This speaks to human hypocrisy and cog. dissonance that several pointed out up thread.

I just said in another thread, that I knew the Bates had some deep seated ideas about race when Nate announced he was courting Ashley. Yes she was from the North and there were other issues but the parents absolutely did not want him with that girl. It's one thing to be friends and spread Jesus love to the world together. It is another to intermarry a girl who is half Latina of African descent.

The Bates are not fooling anyone. They especially did not fool Ashley (or maybe her family) which is why she got the heck up out of there before it was too late. Her IG shows a diverse woman who is open to all, not just in philosophy but also in action.

Lastly, I love those bows. Are they not the cutest things ever? I give the 2nd gen girls cool points for trying something different with their babies.

2 hours ago, wandering woman said:

Whitney's hair is shoulder length in the most recent Instagram post.  I haven't seen a Bates or Duggar female with shorter hair. It looks really pretty.

Where did you see a photo of Whitney with shoulder-length hair? I don't see it anywhere.

On 6/13/2017 at 6:02 AM, wandering woman said:

Anna has had hair around shoulder length before. Same with Alyssa Webster and Josie Bates. The super long hair the Duggar daughters sport is because Jim Bob likes it. 

(Yes, it's ok to vomit over that.)

ETA: Just looked at her Instagram. Whitney' hair is still long in the latest photos, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

IMG_8157.PNG

It could be that she had her hair up making it look like shoulder length? or the angle?

Taryn again needs to let off of the photo editing.

So they had their 1 year old photo shoot with kaci? Do we think this was a combo pregnancy announcement photoshoot again like Bradley's?

3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

So they had their 1 year old photo shoot with kaci? Do we think this was a combo pregnancy announcement photoshoot again like Bradley's?

She looks to be lying on her stomach in the picture @VelociRapture posted, so perhaps not?

4 hours ago, albireo said:

She looks to be lying on her stomach in the picture @VelociRapture posted, so perhaps not?

As far as I know, it's not really a big deal to lay on your stomach in early pregnancy. 

That said - Schrodinger's Uterus is striking again. It's way too soon in their marriage to tell whether they have any sort of fertility pattern. If she's pregnant then they'll announce when their ready. If not, they won't.

I think Whitney is a very interesting fundie: she only came into the kult when she was at the beginning at her adult years and she has seen reality. So for her wearing pants, taking birth control is way much more normal than the children grown up to be fundies. So it could be that they take a break till the third child. But I don't think they'll stop at two completely.

I'm voting 3/4 close together then recognising its overwhelming and stopping/slowing.  Whit is used to birth control and I thinks wants to give her kids the lovely family life she never had (which means lots of hugs and fun time).  Zach is a small town police officer, he's being exposed to other things outside the cult (domestic violence, child abuse, women who work and can kick his ass within the force).  Again I can see him agreeing to limit kids and ideas slowly changing.

I don't think we'll see a repudiation of beliefs from them, but I certainly see a slow drift in their private lives.

On 6/15/2017 at 1:49 PM, imokit said:

Whit is used to birth control and I thinks wants to give her kids the lovely family life she never had (which means lots of hugs and fun time). 

How do we know that Whit is "used to birth control"?

11 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:
Looks like Zach worked Father's Day. 

That's a little more outside-the-cult reality in their world. Good for them for appearing to take it in stride. Again, not saying it will make them leave the cult, but it shows them how the rest of us can deal with inconveniences without having the world end. I spent 17 years at a job that had me working every Father's Day, Mother's Day, Easter, July 4th, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. My family managed. 

@HereticHick  Used to birth control, as in being around people who think that its normal (and likely growing up thinking that it was normal to space kids & limit family size).  I did not mean to imply any speculation about whether she has any personal experience with it or not.

I just saw a brief video fragment on Youtube, in which Erin/Chad and Whitney/Zach are going to a cooking class. And OMG Zach's pants are too tight!

So last night's episode....I love the part where Zach says "I Learned to cook because I love food". hahaha I think it's actually refreshing to see that a male in the family likes to cook because for so long it seems be something they always dumped off on the women.

Heaven forbid Kaci Lynn or any other future daughters of Whitney are a tomboy! I am a "girly girl" and have been basically since birth, and even I thought the theming of this birthday party was ridiculous, especially if you see the cake pic! What happens if there are other daughters? Will it be a princess explosion of "mini-mes" or would Whitney have to relax a little bit? There's nothing wrong with indulging a child's love for pink and glitter if they want it, but could it honestly be maintained for 4 or 5 girls? Would the younger children feel like they missed out on a fresh, excited mom with more money to spend on them? What if Bradley wants to be a princess? I can't help but like Whitney, but I really think she and her family would be happier if they limited family size and enjoyed the ones (plus few more, I don't believe they would willing stop yet) they have!!!!

@neurogirl One would hope that if Kaci gets older and isn't into it they wouldn't *insist* upon it. A first birthday is more for the parents that the child, anyway.

Who knows, but we can hope.

I must not show that to my daughter or a non-fundie kid will be wearing a venus fly trap soon.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived